user posted image

Jaguar XKR
user posted image
user posted image

florisinfernus
  • florisinfernus

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:44 AM Edited by florisinfernus, 15 September 2009 - 06:23 PM.

QUOTE (Profesh @ Sep 14 2009, 19:07)
I'm assuming this has been mooted already, but in case it hasn't:

Jaguar XKR
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

This is what I can ad. Good one though. icon14.gif

Edit, I'll explain the comparison: The rear- and headlights are xk'ish. Very differently shaped but somehow still kind of similar.
The headlights also kind of made me think of the Supra but the Supra isn't similar to this new car except for this and it isn't even thát similar so the picture isn't really worth posting because it's probably just coincidental.

The air vents on the hood and rear chrome bar are also nicked of the XK. The front grill is nicked of the GranTurismo and the bumper and foglights look like a hybrid of the XK's and Grantourismo's bumpers.

The general shape is still really DB9'ish what makes it so similar to the Super GT..

The New bullet is a combination of the upper part of the Ford GT and the lower part of the Miura. It looks like they cut them up and glued them together. They also just used booth hood air inlets and put them next to each other.

To make everything complete

Tampa: ''The front of the Tampa resembles late '60s to mid '70s Chrysler A-platform compact cars such as the Plymouth Valiant; the roof and long sides of the car are reminiscent of the '68-72 Chevrolet Nova. The stripe across the back is similar to the bumblebee stripes on Dodge vehicles.''(gta.wikia.com)

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted imageuser posted image

Overall=Mercedes CL Rear part=Lexus LS Rear lights=BMW 3 Coupé and Mercedes AMG (CL63 and CL65 rims).

OXM world showed a Phantom coupé in the same colour as this one.
user posted image
Drophead Coupe from my signature
user posted image

Jakko
  • Jakko

The Pedo

• Members

Posted 15 September 2009 - 06:56 PM Edited by Jakko, 15 September 2009 - 06:58 PM.

The grills a little like this car (Pontiac):

user posted image

But like most cars in GTA 4, the front of the Car is a different type of Car to the back. Like the Lamborg/Zonda ect

GTA_getaway_driver
  • GTA_getaway_driver

They see me Rollin'

• Members

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:29 PM

The fist vehicle in "The Garage" section could possibly be the newer Bullet.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 16 September 2009 - 05:11 PM

http://gta-xtreme.de...eenshot_093.jpg

http://en.wikipedia....aWestland_AW109

user posted image

Looks like its supposed to be the one on the cover, its got those stubbly little wheel compartments and all.

new car too

http://gta-xtreme.de...eenshot_004.jpg

http://en.wikipedia...._Phantom_Coupé
http://en.wikipedia....ands_Coup.C3.A9

?

TGMOS
  • TGMOS

GTA IV Vehicle Expert

• Members

Posted 16 September 2009 - 05:52 PM

Confimed new weapons from IGN: http://previews.team...of-Gay-Tony/p2/

High powered sniper rifle
Magnum pistol
Satchel charges
SAW machine gun
P90

I know several of those were known about, but now we have confirmation of a sniper rifle and a new pistol.

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 16 September 2009 - 05:59 PM

Yeah, I'm working on getting all of the new screenshots in place first, and then I'm going to get the new details up.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 16 September 2009 - 06:07 PM

See, I said there was a new speedboat, but would you guys believe me?

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:33 PM

Right, I've updated the thread with the new screenshots and new boat (thanks Joseph). However, due to the rush of information I have probably missed something. Please let me know if you spot anything missing.

florisinfernus
  • florisinfernus

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 September 2009 - 11:43 AM Edited by florisinfernus, 17 September 2009 - 11:46 AM.

QUOTE (Enjoii @ Sep 16 2009, 20:33)
Right, I've updated the thread with the new screenshots and new boat (thanks Joseph). However, due to the rush of information I have probably missed something. Please let me know if you spot anything missing.

You missed all the new info from the OXM world preview:

The latest issue of Xbox World 360 Magazine - which went on sale today in the UK - contains an eight-page preview of The Ballad of Gay Tony. Here's a rundown on some of the new stuff mentioned:
Xbox World 360 Magazine
Xbox World 360 is on sale now in the UK.

* The HUD (Heads-Up-Display) is a "Parma Violet-style pink/purple".
* The Ballad of Gay Tony should feature around 20 missions (roughly the same as The Lost and Damned).
* Missions get scored out of 100% depending on your style and efficiency. You can re-play missions at any time in order to improve your scores.
* Three nightclubs are accessible - Bahama Mamas, Hercules and Maisonette 9. Luis is tasked with managing Hercules and Maisonette 9 - the two clubs which belong to Gay Tony. Hercules was off-limits during this preview.
* The golf course in Algonquin behind Memory Lanes is open for business! A golfing minigame is available.
* New websites have been added to the in-game internet.
* A new car based on a Bentley continental Convertible is called the Super Drop Diamond.
* One of the new random character missions involves "a mental ex-girlfriend of Luis' who places a bomb in his car, leading to a race to disarm it."
* Four missions were previewed during the demo, two of which we heard about in previous previews:
o "Dropping In..." - Tony orders Luis to team up with Bulgarin's henchman, Timur. Bulgarin wishes to acquire The Rampage, Liberty City's ice hockey team, and Luis must storm the penthouse office and get the owner to sign his business over to Bulgarin. Luis parachutes onto the roof and heads down a maintenance stairwell before being confronted by security. At this point, alarms are blaring and the sprinkler systems go off. Luis eliminates his target by shooting him through a window, and then escapes through the window with the parachute still on his back. He lands on a moving truck, which conveniently has a mattress on its trailer. If Luis had missed the truck, he would have had to face another army of security men.
o "For the Man Who Has Everything" - This mission is done for Yusuf Amir, a billionaire property developer. Yusuf is played by Omid Djalili, as many people speculated after hearing his voice during the trailer. Yusuf wants to ship a railway carriage back to the Middle East as a gift. The first objective is to jump onto a train from the nearest overpass, which is done by tapping X at the right moment (the jump itself is automated). Luis must make his way to the front of the train, as cops shoot down at him from helicopters. Once Luis has disconnected the front carriage, Yusuf lifts the carriage from the tracks using a Skyhook chopper.
o "Going Deep" - This mission involves silencing detectives who have evidence on Bulgarin and Timur which could see them go to jail. The plan is to rig their vehicle with a satchel bomb in an underground car park, but the cops are already onto them. Once the attackers are dead, the detectives chase Luis and Timur.
o "Sexy Time" - Yusuf wants to acquire an attack chopper called the Buzzard. It belongs to a group of arms dealers, and is situated on a yacht. Luis has to sneak on board without security seeing him and then steal the chopper. As Luis makes his way back to Yusuf's pad, Yusuf calls and orders him to go back and destroy the yacht. Some of the gangsters escape on speedboats, so the final task is to eliminate them.

The preview also contains four new screenshots. One of the screenshots clearly shows the interior of Maisonette 9, one of Gay Tony's clubs. It is almost an exact replica of New York nightclub Bungalow 8.

If you're able to find this magazine in your area, be sure to pick it up!

urbanfire
  • urbanfire

Ze Fire of da City

• Members

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:35 PM

Hey Enjoii how about updating the information? There's a bunch of online previews now and some 19 new pictures. There's even one on a new helicopter, you could post it under the helicopter section (i think its the same Heli as the boxart pic you have, but this one is the in game version.
You missed this pic below, its from Kotaku - really awesome pic showing

Tank, a skycrane heli, and boxart helicopter (number 10)
http://kotaku.com/53...y-tony/gallery/

You could add the various minigames in TBOGT, i don't think they have been added. Fight nights confirmed by Kotaku smile.gif

And woot 100th post

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:42 PM

The new rifle, a DSR-1: http://i29.tinypic.com/2rgon7o.jpg

The M249 SAW: http://i27.tinypic.com/6f9t9x.jpg

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:50 PM

Thanks for that jelly, I had added the images, but didn't know the names. Thanks.

Faledak
  • Faledak

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 September 2009 - 03:13 PM

The long helicopter with the lift is actually Skyhook if you didnt know

RUMOUR CONTROL
  • RUMOUR CONTROL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:26 PM

Great topic Enjoii, its been a great help btw you should add this screenshot from the gamespot preview i havn't seen it anywhere else:
http://uk.gamespot.c...g=imagenav;prev

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:40 PM

Thanks a lot, I hadn't seen that screenshot anywhere before either. I've added it to the list now.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:44 PM

just a question but the screenshot on GTA4.net with the 2 people parachuting is that MP footage or just singleplayer? does anyone know any ideas?

http://media.gtanet....-screenshot.jpg

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 18 September 2009 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE (oysterbarron @ Sep 18 2009, 18:44)
just a question but the screenshot on GTA4.net with the 2 people parachuting is that MP footage or just singleplayer? does anyone know any ideas?

Chances are that it's from a mission, or a cut scene. The majority of the released screenshots are, and Rockstar usually don't camouflage screens taken in MP, by removing name tags and whatnot.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2009 - 05:19 PM

its just i cant make out if one of those is luis or not.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 18 September 2009 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (oysterbarron @ Sep 18 2009, 19:19)

I don't see how either of them not being Luis proves anything. The screenshot could have been taken from Luis' perspective, or maybe he's not even up there. It could just be a cut scene showing an array of villains approaching. tounge.gif

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 19 September 2009 - 07:52 AM

I'm justgonna shift this topic a bit and speak about Information on the game (I know!1 hard to believe isnt it).

After seeing info from Rockstar for the past two weeks in a row I now have every belief that we will now see something new regarding The Ballad every week leading upto the week of release. With another 2 (or maybe more) character trailers, a new full lenght game trailer and new additions such as vehicles and features yet to be revealed and only 5 and a half weeks to go til the game is out I think its highly likely dont you?

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Sep 19 2009, 08:52)
I'm justgonna shift this topic a bit and speak about Information on the game (I know!1 hard to believe isnt it).

After seeing info from Rockstar for the past two weeks in a row I now have every belief that we will now see something new regarding The Ballad every week leading upto the week of release. With another 2 (or maybe more) character trailers, a new full lenght game trailer and new additions such as vehicles and features yet to be revealed and only 5 and a half weeks to go til the game is out I think its highly likely dont you?

Sounds like a pretty decent theory to me, we've been seeing a a fairly constant flow of information recently, I can't see it stopping any time soon.

scarp1996
  • scarp1996

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 September 2009 - 12:38 PM

Shouldn't you take the Tampa off the speculation list, since we have proof now?

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 19 September 2009 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE (scarp1996 @ Sep 19 2009, 13:38)

Ah yes, well spotted. I've removed that, and am about to add the new screenshots from here; http://www.gamesrada...051014323586065

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 19 September 2009 - 01:15 PM

Hey Enjoii, why didn't you put (new) bikes on the list such as Double T or Hakouchu? I know they had been in TLAD, but they also appear in BOGT.

Insane Kane
  • Insane Kane

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2009 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (Azazel @ Sep 18 2009, 17:40)
QUOTE (oysterbarron @ Sep 18 2009, 19:19)

I don't see how either of them not being Luis proves anything. The screenshot could have been taken from Luis' perspective, or maybe he's not even up there. It could just be a cut scene showing an array of villains approaching. tounge.gif

if dating is back maybe part of dating is parachuting lol

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Sep 19 2009, 14:15)
Hey Enjoii, why didn't you put (new) bikes on the list such as Double T or Hakouchu? I know they had been in TLAD, but they also appear in BOGT.

Because we don't know whether they're actually going to be included in TBOGT. All of the promo stuff that shows the bikes from TLAD is being promoted as 'EFLC' content.

skateordie985
  • skateordie985

New account: LCstuntman

• Members

Posted 19 September 2009 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (Enjoii @ Sep 19 2009, 12:57)
QUOTE (scarp1996 @ Sep 19 2009, 13:38)

Ah yes, well spotted. I've removed that, and am about to add the new screenshots from here; http://www.gamesrada...051014323586065

dont forget the new super drop diamond picture in that! ^

EDIT: and the third car seems to be the bullet, or the car on the bottom left of the cover art

ChrisAndy
  • ChrisAndy

Playa

• Members

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:22 PM

Isn't the super drop diamond a convertible, not a 4-door?

Cheat
  • Cheat

the only people for me are the mad ones

• The Connection

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:49 PM

Transport Heli
user posted image
Sikorsky S-64 Skycrane
user posted image

Obvious 'eh?
Second thing, what 'bout the other heli in the same picture, what about the vehicle being transferred?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users