Photo

First Screenshots

350 replies to this topic
The Capone
  • The Capone

One complex individual.

• Members

Posted 31 August 2009 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (Niko Bellend @ Aug 31 2009, 23:07)
QUOTE (PublicAnenome @ Aug 31 2009, 22:54)
Wow, I am shocked by the rude responses I got for pointing out the obvious flaws in that fake screenshot.

Especially from "The Capone".  You need to calm down.  Such rage should not be directed at random people you've never met!

I'm just wary because this happens nearly every time the GTA community spends a long time waiting for the next title in the series.  Someone posts fake information and everyone laps it up because it is just what they want to hear.

Naturally I'm very cautious about any new info, in case we all fall for another con, like the Expo.

If you look at Luis' hands, both of them, you will see that they are completely white.  If you then compare his neck, you will see that it is dark brown, and indeed, a shadow causes it to appear darker.  But dark brown is not white...  and shadows are not brown either!

If you don't agree with me, then please post me a link to an official statement from R* claiming that these photos are legitimate.

It's as simple as this:  the head in that photo does not belong to the body on which it sits, meaning that the picture has definitely been altered.  It couldn't be more obvious.

I eagerly await R*'s explanation... or lack thereof.

Everyone is wrong. That is in fact Michael Jackson, back from the dead to be our new protagonist.

Seriously, the image is not altered, now get over it.

THank you! smile.gif people that make sense and have a brain! some explain what the hell is wrong with this guy(publicA) and the pics its a PIC!

Leo Colt
  • Leo Colt

Psychopathic Philantrophist

• Members

Posted 31 August 2009 - 11:26 PM

How sad.

THIRTEEN
  • THIRTEEN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 31 August 2009 - 11:54 PM

Maybe they're surgical gloves...

I'm not sure if its been mentioned, im guessing it has but i dont care. Theres a screenshot with luis on the train....so that means you can stand on them without falling off!

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 31 August 2009 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE (THIRTEEN @ Sep 1 2009, 00:54)
I'm not sure if its been mentioned, im guessing it has but i dont care. Theres a screenshot with luis on the train....so that means you can stand on them without falling off!

Yep, but I can't really see it being available permanently. In my opinion it will most probably be available for one or two missions.

THIRTEEN
  • THIRTEEN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 September 2009 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (Enjoii @ Aug 31 2009, 23:56)
QUOTE (THIRTEEN @ Sep 1 2009, 00:54)

Yep, but I can't really see it being available permanently. In my opinion it will most probably be available for one or two missions.

You're prob right. I used to love riding on top of trains and cars. I think he should stand up but when it gets too fast, clings onto the vehicle like in that mission where you climb the van. Little features that were in missions (i.e. that and the stun punch) should be present in the game after in my opinion.

MP5
  • MP5

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE (Azazel @ Aug 30 2009, 10:20)
QUOTE (3minty3 @ Aug 30 2009, 12:02)
QUOTE (MP5 @ Aug 30 2009, 10:46)
So the player will finally get to stand on a moving train. Never recalled being able to do that before.

Exactly what I thought when I saw that picture. I hope this applies to cars aswell (if it is possible).

You're the people who will incoherently, in between sobs, mumble things along the lines of "Rockstar... boohoo... promised that, that... *hic* we would be able to walk on trains!", when you realise that this was a mission-specific feature.

I'm not trying to burst bubbles here, and I might even be wrong, but completely ignoring the things we learnt from IV, regarding such features, is quite ignorant. You aren't able to clamber around on moving trucks outside of 'Truck Hustle', and you probably won't be able to clamber around on moving trains outside of the mission portrayed in the screen shot, either.

You'll be much better off expecting what logically can be expected, rather than jumping on the make-belief, hype-roller-coaster you are so inclined to.

Wouldn't had mattered anyway. I don't have one of those ludicrously priced Xbox 360, and nobody cares anyway because I come from a poor ass country with a valueless currency. Ain't life grand?

Lotek
  • Lotek

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:44 AM

Wow, I am shocked by the rude responses I got for pointing out the obvious flaws in that fake screenshot.

Especially from "The Capone".  You need to calm down.  Such rage should not be directed at random people you've never met!

I'm just wary because this happens nearly every time the GTA community spends a long time waiting for the next title in the series.  Someone posts fake information and everyone laps it up because it is just what they want to hear.

Naturally I'm very cautious about any new info, in case we all fall for another con, like the Expo.

If you look at Luis' hands, both of them, you will see that they are completely white.  If you then compare his neck, you will see that it is dark brown, and indeed, a shadow causes it to appear darker.  But dark brown is not white...  and shadows are not brown either!

If you don't agree with me, then please post me a link to an official statement from R* claiming that these photos are legitimate.

It's as simple as this:  the head in that photo does not belong to the body on which it sits, meaning that the picture has definitely been altered.  It couldn't be more obvious.

Everyone is wrong. That is in fact Michael Jackson, back from the dead to be our new protagonist.

MICHAEL JACKSON IS DEAD???

ChrisMathers3501
  • ChrisMathers3501

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (Lotek @ Sep 1 2009, 08:44)

If that comes as a surprise to you, I have some news that's even more shocking.

Darth Vader is Luke's father.

Insane Kane
  • Insane Kane

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 September 2009 - 12:10 PM

I like the look of that gun biggrin.gif

http://media.gtanet....-screenshot.jpg

samuellau93
  • samuellau93

Its only business...

• Members

Posted 01 September 2009 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE (ChrisMathers3501 @ Sep 1 2009, 16:53)
QUOTE (Lotek @ Sep 1 2009, 08:44)

If that comes as a surprise to you, I have some news that's even more shocking.

Darth Vader is Luke's father.

user posted image

i like coffee enemas
  • i like coffee enemas

The Cap'n! Shooting From The Hip Since '08

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 September 2009 - 12:53 PM Edited by leelee862, 01 September 2009 - 12:55 PM.

Haha, okay. Where to begin?

Okay, so if you think that that's either a re-skinned model of Niko or Johnny, then would you care to explain how either, Niko is riding a Bati 800, Johnny is wearing a helmet & where the brand new Uzi has come from? You really think R* are going go through all the trouble of fabricating a screenshot when they could, oh I don't know, just take a screenshot of BOGT? The person on the bike has a completely different stature to both Niko and Johnny. He isn't as built as Niko and isn't as hunched over as Johnny is. As for the hands, how moronic are you? It's clearly just the reflection off the lights. He's riding through Star Junction. Star... Junction!

You're just kicking up a fuss to get some attention. There are always a few of your type lurking about during the few months before release, discrediting every piece of information they see. It's just sad. Get a life, bro smile.gif

CookPassBabtridge
  • CookPassBabtridge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:03 PM

The odd hands issue happened with early IV screens too, these are probably beta screens without the proper lighting in place.

As for games companies mocking up screens, they do it all the time. They dont waste money getting one little section of the game fully finished just to take a cap of it.

Also, LeeLee, reskinning a model simply means changing up the texture. The bike and Uzi are obviously other models imported into the scene.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (CookPassBabtridge @ Sep 1 2009, 13:03)
The odd hands issue happened with early IV screens too, these are probably beta screens without the proper lighting in place.

As for games companies mocking up screens, they do it all the time. They dont waste money getting one little section of the game fully finished just to take a cap of it.

Also, LeeLee, reskinning a model simply means changing up the texture. The bike and Uzi are obviously other models imported into the scene.

If you say soooooooooo

CookPassBabtridge
  • CookPassBabtridge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:13 PM

Joseph: Yeah I do. One side is arguing it's some kind of fake screen conspiracy, the other side doesnt believe it goes on. Im giving the real reason why screens get mocked up.

Insane Kane
  • Insane Kane

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (CookPassBabtridge @ Sep 1 2009, 13:13)
Joseph: Yeah I do. One side is arguing it's some kind of fake screen conspiracy, the other side doesnt believe it goes on. Im giving the real reason why screens get mocked up.

Just lighten up the image to see Luis face geez people

CookPassBabtridge
  • CookPassBabtridge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:26 PM

Yeah I know it's Luis' face on there, and it could well be Niko's body slightly modified. But what Im trying to explain is, until the game is gold, every screen you see is Beta. So there will be lots of placeholder models and textures, because that's part of the development process: you get everything working solidly then add the polish at the last stage.

At the time that shot was made, it was no doubt quicker to use Niko's ready built body and slap Luis' face texture on, than to finish the Luis model for the sake of a screen. There's no conspiracy either way folks

Insane Kane
  • Insane Kane

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:31 PM

Best I could do!

user posted image

Insane Kane
  • Insane Kane

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE (CookPassBabtridge @ Sep 1 2009, 14:26)
Yeah I know it's Luis' face on there, and it could well be Niko's body slightly modified. But what Im trying to explain is, until the game is gold, every screen you see is Beta. So there will be lots of placeholder models and textures, because that's part of the development process: you get everything working solidly then add the polish at the last stage.

At the time that shot was made, it was no doubt quicker to use Niko's ready built body and slap Luis' face texture on, than to finish the Luis model for the sake of a screen. There's no conspiracy either way folks

sorry i meant it for those who still dont believe its him

CookPassBabtridge
  • CookPassBabtridge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:38 PM

Ah no worries mate icon14.gif

Leo Colt
  • Leo Colt

Psychopathic Philantrophist

• Members

Posted 01 September 2009 - 03:28 PM

If you look at Luis' hands, both of them, you will see that they are completely white. If you then compare his neck, you will see that it is dark brown, and indeed, a shadow causes it to appear darker. But dark brown is not white... and shadows are not brown either!

As someone with very deep olive skin, and I can testify that different lighting conditions can make such skin look freakishly pale or practically black. There's nothing impossible about it.

CookPassBabtridge
  • CookPassBabtridge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 September 2009 - 03:35 PM

Leo if this was real life Id back that up, but this is a painted 3d model, with HDR lighting blasted onto it. Pure and simple, it's a beta shot and there will be things up with it, same as we had Niko's 'radioactive' hands in the early IV shots.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users