Quantcast

» «
Photo

Can't find Buccaneer in GTA:SA 2nd ed. for PC!

11 replies to this topic
I_LiveForSpeed
  • I_LiveForSpeed

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:09 AM Edited by I_LiveForSpeed, 28 August 2009 - 02:12 AM.

Help! I can't find the Buccaneer in GTA:SA 2nd edition for PC! I've been told it's in Bayside Marina...
...but I haven't seen it there! I was hoping someone could suggest the best place to find it, other than Bayside Marina. Any assistance you could offer would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

zmoonchild
  • zmoonchild

Dumb Tag

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:19 AM

Iíve seen it sporadically around the Naval Base in Easter Bay, San Fierro. It also appears infrequently during the Vigilante Missions as the Suspect Vehicle.

I_LiveForSpeed
  • I_LiveForSpeed

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:42 AM Edited by I_LiveForSpeed, 28 August 2009 - 02:45 AM.

Thanks, Zoom! Hey, what's that cool red car in the center picture? cool.gif smile.gif

Chewie
  • Chewie

Gangsta

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE (I_LiveForSpeed @ Aug 27 2009, 19:42)
Hey, what's that cool red car in the center picture? cool.gif smile.gif

It looks like a mustang to me.

What kind of mustang Zoom?

I_LiveForSpeed
  • I_LiveForSpeed

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:58 AM

Doesn't look like a Mustang to me- looks more like a Javelin, maybe?

Chewie
  • Chewie

Gangsta

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE (I_LiveForSpeed @ Aug 27 2009, 19:58)
Doesn't look like a Mustang to me- looks more like a Javelin, maybe?

Oops, I just remembered that he said he owned that car in his picture.

This is what I found on his profile and it matched the picture on Google.

4) XB GT Falcon Coupes: 1973 to 1976, I own two of those.

I_LiveForSpeed
  • I_LiveForSpeed

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 04:05 AM

That must be a UK car, I take it? That would explain why I couldn't recognize it (I live in the Seattle area of WA state, USA and have limited experience with or knowledge of English/British car models)...

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 28 August 2009 - 04:38 AM Edited by lil weasel, 28 August 2009 - 02:02 PM.

BACK On TOPIC

From GOOGLE (GTA SA Buccaneer): http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Buccaneer

"GTA San Andreas Based on a 1970-1972 Chevrolet Monte Carlo (probably the 1972 model since it doesn't have turning signals on the bumper), the Buccaneer is composed of design elements that resemble the Picador, as the Monte Carlo and El Camino (at the time) were both based on the Chevelle platform; the Picador slightly outperforms the Buccaneer. Despite its appearance, it makes a terrible lowrider and can only be modified at TransFender.

The Buccaneer is one of the gang cars of the Da Nang Boys, along with the Tampa and the Manana. It can only be found in the Easter Basin and Garver Bridge region in San Fierro, along with the Tampa."

zmoonchild
  • zmoonchild

Dumb Tag

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 28 August 2009 - 10:56 AM Edited by zmoonchild, 28 August 2009 - 02:38 PM.

QUOTE (I_LiveForSpeed @ Aug 28 2009, 00:05)
That must be a UK car, I take it?†† That would explain why I couldn't recognize it (I live in the Seattle area of WA state, USA and have limited experience with or knowledge of English/British car models)...

That particular Falcon was only produced in Australia, and was exported to other countries such as New Zealand, and rarely to the United Kingdom (only countries that drove on the left side of the road). I had it specially imported to the USA after it had become 25 years old, along with my black one.

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Aug 28 2009, 00:38)
BACK On TOPIC

From GOOGLE (GTA SA Buccaneer):

"GTA San Andreas Based on a 1970-1972 Chevrolet Monte Carlo (probably the 1972 model since it doesn't have turning signals on the bumper), the Buccaneer is composed of design elements that resemble the Picador, as the Monte Carlo and El Camino (at the time) were both based on the Chevelle platform; the Picador slightly outperforms the Buccaneer. Despite its appearance, it makes a terrible lowrider and can only be modified at TransFender.

This is really not the topic of discussion (and this is not a disparaging remark).

The Buccaneer is one of the gang cars of the Da Nang Boys, along with the Tampa and the Manana.

It appears that this was copied from gta.wikia.com, and is also in error (go figure); I donít remember seeing the Da Nang Boys ever driving a Buccaneer, and they definitely never drove around in a Tampa.
However, I have seen a lot worse information posted about San Andreas on that website, such as ďCJ is officially the gayest character in the history of mankind.Ē Thankfully Spaceeinstein corrected that.

It can only be found in the Easter Basin and Garver Bridge region in San Fierro

Yeppers, thanks for reiterating what I had already stated in my previous comment... of course, they left out the Vigilante Missions.

It can only be found in the Easter Basin and Garver Bridge region in San Fierro, along with the Tampa."

And the Tampa can also be found in Los Santos.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 28 August 2009 - 07:50 PM Edited by OrionSR, 28 August 2009 - 09:31 PM.

QUOTE (zmoonchild @ Aug 28 2009, 03:56)
The Buccaneer is one of the gang cars of the Da Nang Boys, along with the Tampa and the Manana.

It appears that this was copied from gta.wikia.com, and is also in error (go figure); I donít remember seeing the Da Nang Boys ever driving a Buccaneer, and they definitely never drove around in a Tampa.

From cargrp.dat
CODE
buccanee, manana, tampa † † † † † † † † †# Gang 5 (DNB - VIETS)

Really? Those cars aren't spawning for you? Strange. According to pdescobar's zone map, it looks like the Da Nang Boys and their cars can also be found in northern SF, near Pier 69 and again just east of Gant Bridge.
http://pdescobar.hom...zone_mapper.png

Oh, and it looks like the crappy car cheat will also spawn Buccaneers. I forget about the cheats, but it has a line in cargrp.dat. Those are the only two references to the Buccaneer that I can find. It doesn't even appear in the game scripts or the SAM Java Map.

Interesting, not that the Tampa and Manana are the main topic of discussion, but... Like, the Buccaneer, they only appear in Da Nang turf or crappy car cheat groups. Both appear in missions, and the Tampa has a fixed spawn (binary IPL) in the car lot west of the Jefferson Hotel.

QUOTE (Zoom)
That particular Falcon was only produced in Australia

That particular Falcon is also honored in the Chain Game (Mulholland). The custom plates are a clue to the Australian origin.

zmoonchild
  • zmoonchild

Dumb Tag

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:28 PM Edited by zmoonchild, 28 August 2009 - 11:49 PM.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Aug 28 2009, 15:50)
QUOTE (zmoonchild @ Aug 28 2009, 03:56)

From cargrp.dat
CODE
buccanee, manana, tampa † † † † † † † † †# Gang 5 (DNB - VIETS)

Really? Those cars aren't spawning for you? Strange. According to pdescobar's zone map, it looks like the Da Nang Boys and their cars can also be found in northern SF, near Pier 69 and again just east of Gant Bridge.
http://pdescobar.hom...zone_mapper.png

Oh, and it looks like the crappy car cheat will also spawn Buccaneers. I forget about the cheats, but it has a line in cargrp.dat. Those are the only two references to the Buccaneer that I can find. It doesn't even appear in the game scripts or the SAM Java Map.

Interesting, not that the Tampa and Manana are the main topic of discussion, but... Like, the Buccaneer, they only appear in Da Nang turf or crappy car cheat groups. Both appear in missions, and the Tampa has a fixed spawn (binary IPL) in the car lot west of the Jefferson Hotel.

I think I stand corrected on the Buccaneer... I loaded up a Chain-Game saved-game, and went to San Fierro... I was able to find several Buccaneers, and about one third of them had Da Nagng Boys driving them, the rest were average characters (nothing special)... I'm assuming that it's the same in an un-modded game too.
I only found one Tampa, and it had an average character driving it, no Da Nang Boys... I didn't see any Mananas, so I can't comment on that...

I never really hi-jacked those cars that often, and the ones I did obviously didn't have Da Nang Boys driving them... my mistake.

I_LiveForSpeed
  • I_LiveForSpeed

• Members

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:51 AM

Thanks for the reply on the Falcon! Wish I knew more about cars from Australia & the UK!
If you get time, feel free to check out my new post on the Intruder confused.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users