Photo

Trailer on Tuesday!

275 replies to this topic
buffalosoulj4h20
  • buffalosoulj4h20

Teabaggin' the Teabaggers

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 August 2009 - 11:49 PM

Plus, while you're parachuting down you can slowly see the city as you come down.

bobgtafan
  • bobgtafan

The last thing you never see

• Members

Posted 27 August 2009 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (EzaH @ Aug 27 2009, 23:49)
QUOTE (Guns N R0se @ Aug 27 2009, 23:46)
I don't think R* would show these pics just to yank away parachutes from in front of us.

Think again because that's EXACTLY what they love to do.

Crossing me fingers they don't though. nervous.gif

Fingerless Gloves anyone?

EzaH
  • EzaH

Ballsy Balkan

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 August 2009 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (bobgtafan @ Aug 27 2009, 23:50)
I don't think R* would show these pics just to yank away parachutes from in front of us.

Hm, you're very right me boy agegege. Wait, what? lol.gif

Anyway, yeah. BGOT parachute might be GTAIV's fingerless gloves.

johnwelshmorris5
  • johnwelshmorris5

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 August 2009 - 11:54 PM

To behonest it looks as if he is jumping out of the chopper to escape someone...it`s a cut scene guys dont get hyped....

Guns N R0se
  • Guns N R0se

King of the Mountain

• Members

Posted 27 August 2009 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (EzaH @ Aug 27 2009, 23:52)

well, a parachute is a gameplay mechanic. Fingerless gloves are just aesthetic really. I don't think they would yank away something important from us tounge.gif

bobgtafan
  • bobgtafan

The last thing you never see

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (Guns N R0se @ Aug 27 2009, 23:59)

well, a parachute is a gameplay mechanic. Fingerless gloves are just aesthetic really. I don't think they would yank away something important from us tounge.gif

The Revolver, that SMG. Need I go on?

EzaH
  • EzaH

Ballsy Balkan

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:03 AM

Everything's important in their own way.

Those gloves along with the silenced weapon taken out could have been useful.
As in, not alerting others and looking bad ass.

A parachute is a possible gameplay mechanic turn.gif

The N. Bellic Man
  • The N. Bellic Man

Crazy Idiot

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE (bobgtafan @ Aug 27 2009, 23:36)
QUOTE (The N. Bellic Man @ Aug 27 2009, 23:25)
Some solid info at last! Thank you Rockstar for trying to redeem yourself. If skydiving is actually in this game then it's officially off the hook!  sigh.gif

How's it solid? It may be a cutscene, quick time, one mission or never appear in game. Of course I beleive it is a all the time feature.

ANY info coming from R* is solid in my book. sarcasm.gif
And I actually have that book.

Wenis IV
  • Wenis IV

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:22 AM

I am not going to get my hopes up for a parachute, because in the stills he doesn't appear to be wearing a parachute. Maybe he is pulling a CJ and jumping from one aircraft to another?

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Oh My Darling Don't Cry

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:25 AM

He is wearing a parachute. Granted it's very dark in the picture and hard to see. Copy the image and up the brightness and saturation in a photo editing program (or via your PC monitor settings) and you'll see it wink.gif .

scarp1996
  • scarp1996

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (bobgtafan @ Aug 28 2009, 00:02)

The Revolver, that SMG. Need I go on?

colgate.gif Your signiture has a typo, it should say 'been crushed' not 'be crushed'

Wenis IV
  • Wenis IV

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE (gamesguru @ Aug 28 2009, 00:25)
He is wearing a parachute. Granted it's very dark in the picture and hard to see. Copy the image and up the brightness and saturation in a photo editing program (or via your PC monitor settings) and you'll see it wink.gif .

Looks like you are right.. I am on a laptop and the screen was pushed back a bit, so everything was pretty dark (on an already dark picture as you said). but sure enough I see the red and yellow parachute. Hmm, well in that case I don't think Rockstar would be that mean to only show a parachute in a cutscene and not let us use it in real time.

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Oh My Darling Don't Cry

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:30 AM

Here's an edited pic:
user posted image

A lot easier to see now.......

FruntalotHinterland
  • FruntalotHinterland

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:32 AM

Did anyone noticed Luis is wearing a Shodi jean?

DeLMrcs
  • DeLMrcs

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE (FruntalotHinterland @ Aug 27 2009, 19:32)

That and he has white shoes, compared to his blue/black shoes from TLAD and IV.

EzaH
  • EzaH

Ballsy Balkan

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE (DeLMrcs @ Aug 28 2009, 00:38)
QUOTE (FruntalotHinterland @ Aug 27 2009, 19:32)

That and he has white shoes, compared to his blue/black shoes from TLAD and IV.

His clothes will change of course.

Johnny's did, before he had a long sleeve on with a vest over it.

Mafioso86
  • Mafioso86

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE (Masterkraft @ Aug 27 2009, 22:24)
QUOTE (CookPassBabtridge @ Aug 27 2009, 23:21)
Mafioso, are you being serious here? The reason for this first screen is in this very thread: fans are all hyped expecting parachutes, and right now they are basically sure to buy it. Looking back at TLAD, if R* hadnt bluffed the towtruck thing, and told us there that the game ends with none of the new activities or safehouse intact, then it would have died on it's arse.

Im not trying to flame you etc, but its like youre staring their whole marketing ploy in the face but missing the point a little.

This is exactly why I think we should all calm down. Be excited, sure, be very excited, but don't get worked up over things where no confirmation has been given. That way, you can't complain when you're let down over things that were never definite in the first place. I'm not shooting anyone down, and I'm not going out of my way to be a dick, but I saw some of the topics regarding TLAD and I'm putting money on it the same thing will happen with TBoGT.

I dunno man... the tow truck thing never even crossed my mind until like a month after TLAD was out and someone on here was whining about it. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't remember any screen or trailer showing Johnny towing things with a tow truck. Even if there was... I don't think I would have really cared about it. As far as the clubhouse burning down and you not being able to play cards or whatever anymore... it was a weird decision... but you could just start a new game file if you really wanted to, the game takes like 10 hours to beat at most if you rush; I wouldn't really call it some sadistic bluff by R* I mean I didn't get to the end of the game and say, "The clubhouse burnt down! I wasted my money!"

I dunno, I don't see any kind of "marketing ploy" or conspiracy to make money by tricking people into buying this game. I seem to remember similar talk about having the gang back you up when the first TLAD photos showed Johnny rolling with his crew whether you could actually do it or if it was "just some cutscene those bastards at R* put out to trick us all." I don't however remember anyone saying, "It has a tow truck... I gotta buy this game so I can tow cars around!" R* North has never really disappointed me... I know some of you seem to think they're this evil lot, but as far as I'm concerned they're one of the few big companies out there that seem to be more about creative vision than making a buck. You might not like their vision, but I don't feel like they tricked anyone into buying anything.

So the point is that there's just no doubt in my mind after seeing these pics that you will at least get to push a button that deploys a parachute and guide Luis down somewhere at least once in the game. I'd be willing to bet my life on it honestly... that's how sure I am of that much.

shinsta312
  • shinsta312

Sypher|INFINITE

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:02 AM Edited by shinsta312, 28 August 2009 - 01:21 AM.

Let's hope the parachute isn't a one time thing. I've been looking for a reason to jump from the skyscrapers.

It could be a mission thing, but It might just be an activity.

Cilogy
  • Cilogy

SILL•uh•jee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE (Mafioso86 @ Aug 28 2009, 00:59)
QUOTE (Masterkraft @ Aug 27 2009, 22:24)
QUOTE (CookPassBabtridge @ Aug 27 2009, 23:21)
Mafioso, are you being serious here? The reason for this first screen is in this very thread: fans are all hyped expecting parachutes, and right now they are basically sure to buy it. Looking back at TLAD, if R* hadnt bluffed the towtruck thing, and told us there that the game ends with none of the new activities or safehouse intact, then it would have died on it's arse.

Im not trying to flame you etc, but its like youre staring their whole marketing ploy in the face but missing the point a little.

This is exactly why I think we should all calm down. Be excited, sure, be very excited, but don't get worked up over things where no confirmation has been given. That way, you can't complain when you're let down over things that were never definite in the first place. I'm not shooting anyone down, and I'm not going out of my way to be a dick, but I saw some of the topics regarding TLAD and I'm putting money on it the same thing will happen with TBoGT.

I dunno man... the tow truck thing never even crossed my mind until like a month after TLAD was out and someone on here was whining about it. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't remember any screen or trailer showing Johnny towing things with a tow truck. Even if there was... I don't think I would have really cared about it. As far as the clubhouse burning down and you not being able to play cards or whatever anymore... it was a weird decision... but you could just start a new game file if you really wanted to, the game takes like 10 hours to beat at most if you rush; I wouldn't really call it some sadistic bluff by R* I mean I didn't get to the end of the game and say, "The clubhouse burnt down! I wasted my money!"

I dunno, I don't see any kind of "marketing ploy" or conspiracy to make money by tricking people into buying this game. I seem to remember similar talk about having the gang back you up when the first TLAD photos showed Johnny rolling with his crew whether you could actually do it or if it was "just some cutscene those bastards at R* put out to trick us all." I don't however remember anyone saying, "It has a tow truck... I gotta buy this game so I can tow cars around!" R* North has never really disappointed me... I know some of you seem to think they're this evil lot, but as far as I'm concerned they're one of the few big companies out there that seem to be more about creative vision than making a buck. You might not like their vision, but I don't feel like they tricked anyone into buying anything.

So the point is that there's just no doubt in my mind after seeing these pics that you will at least get to push a button that deploys a parachute and guide Luis down somewhere at least once in the game. I'd be willing to bet my life on it honestly... that's how sure I am of that much.

I'm not denying R*North's ambition. I'm denying their intelligence.

Yes, they are about creative vision and they don't have the intent of tricking anyone, its just that they're lazy and they seem like they wanna give you everything last minute.

I'm sorry, but the truth is that they unknowingly trick people. They might not have that intent but its certainly showing.

urban_legend_18
  • urban_legend_18

Pill Poppin' Animal

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:26 AM

to be honest what ever R* dont really care what they do cos people are still going to buy what they make as its the new thing at the time. im really hoping they did the whole parachute thing properly and so it isnt a one mission only thing.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:58 AM

Haha, unlike most of yous, I knew the trailer was going to come out in a couple of days.

pistol12
  • pistol12

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:06 AM

that looks awesome and for any one who doesnt want the game be cause it is called ballad of gat tony some thing is wrong with you

liquidus119
  • liquidus119

King of Kings

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:10 AM

I hope this isn't just a one time only thing, otherwise EVERYONE is going to be *****ing about no parachutes 10x as much as they used to...

shinsta312
  • shinsta312

Sypher|INFINITE

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE (pistol12 @ Aug 28 2009, 02:06)
that looks awesome and for any one who doesnt want the game be cause it is called ballad of gat tony some thing is wrong with you

For real. It's definitely the worst excuse not to buy the DLC.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:29 AM

Parachute in mission: straight
Parachute in free roam: bi-curious
Parachute in multiplayer: going gay!

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:31 AM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Aug 27 2009, 20:29)
Parachute in mission: straight
Parachute in free roam: bi-curious
Parachute in multiplayer: going gay!

Haha, I can imagine the n00bs trying to RPG the skydivers. biggrin.gif

Anyways, as I said before, I knew the trailer will be coming out in a couple of days. Mario D'Leon said it was "coming REAL soon" with a winky face thing at the end.

Cilogy
  • Cilogy

SILL•uh•jee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:35 AM

QUOTE (CryptReaperDorian)
Anyways, as I said before, I knew the trailer will be coming out in a couple of days.  Mario D'Leon said it was "coming REAL soon" with a winky face thing at the end.

That's very fortunate for you. bored.gif

Insom
  • Insom

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:38 AM

Luis is still wearing that old generic jacket. I wonder if it'll change in the trailer or if you can change his clothes in the game.

XZGamer71
  • XZGamer71

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE (CryptReaperDorian @ Aug 28 2009, 02:31)
QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Aug 27 2009, 20:29)
Parachute in mission:  straight
Parachute in free roam:  bi-curious
Parachute in multiplayer:  going gay!

Haha, I can imagine the n00bs trying to RPG the skydivers. biggrin.gif

Anyways, as I said before, I knew the trailer will be coming out in a couple of days. Mario D'Leon said it was "coming REAL soon" with a winky face thing at the end.

Lol.

"Aight na drop me off, we'll gun those mo'f*ckas in dat airport."

"It's a long way down man, think you'll survive?"

"Don't worry, i got a Parachute."

"Kkz, in a Bizzle!"

"Wait, you got me Air Support?"

"Course"

*Drops out Plane*

"Oh, sh*t, RPGs, no nnnoooooobbbsss, ima Spam their Inboxs, have a piece o' me!"

shinsta312
  • shinsta312

Sypher|INFINITE

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE (Insom @ Aug 28 2009, 02:38)
Luis is still wearing that old generic jacket. I wonder if it'll change in the trailer or if you can change his clothes in the game.

Johnny wore his Lost MC jacket strictly because he was a Lost MC member, so I don't think Luis is going to be stuck with that letterman jacket forever.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users