Photo

Police car mod.

49 replies to this topic
Kowaah
  • Kowaah

Pseudo-Rendered

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:04 PM

Put windows under all lights in hierarchy.

f5544
  • f5544

Vehicle builder

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:42 PM

Hmm i know but in my game it's not a problem and all the lights work.

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:55 PM

Yea, thats what I mean, when I have the lights flashing, I can see them fine in the rear, and when I walk to the front of the car, I can see them flashing back there, but when I tilt the camera to a certain angle from the front they disappear, basically like it would if you sorta squated infront the car, you couldnt see em from that angle ofcourse.. so for me it I dont have any problems w/ them ..
When in the car, you're generally viewing from the back of the car and as I say, I can see em flashing just fine, now if he means seeing the lil light fixture itself, I think I see the red one on the left from rear view but I dont think I see the other one on the passenger side, again I'm speaking of when they lights ARENT flashing ... but thats no big deal to me either ..

f5544
  • f5544

Vehicle builder

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:15 PM

I fixed the glass color problem. You can put the original VEHshare textures back.
I will upload the new version. It has better glass colours.

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:25 PM

k, I guess you're workin on that now smile.gif
Dunno if you misst it but I also made a comment about the lightbar being one reddish pink and
the other one purply instead of one red and one blue, did you intend for them to be that color ?
I know sometimes like tv's ppl has diff settings in hue, so .. wasnt sure if it was your preference or ..

f5544
  • f5544

Vehicle builder

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (Costar @ Sep 7 2009, 21:25)
k, I guess you're workin on that now smile.gif  
Dunno if you misst it but I also made a comment about the lightbar being one reddish pink and
the other one purply instead of one red and one blue, did you intend for them to be that color ? 
I know sometimes like tv's ppl has diff settings in hue, so .. wasnt sure if it was your preference or ..

No that is one bug i fixed, it is now red and blue. but it gives me another bug so i am working on it.

Corgi
  • Corgi

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:52 PM

Did you fix my problem?? because Costar kind of hijacked the thread here.

f5544
  • f5544

Vehicle builder

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:36 AM

QUOTE (Corgi @ Sep 7 2009, 23:52)

Yes i am busy with fixing your problem also offcourse wink.gif

But it's strange because i don't have any problems with the rear flashers.

Corgi
  • Corgi

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 September 2009 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (f5544 @ Sep 9 2009, 05:36)
QUOTE (Corgi @ Sep 7 2009, 23:52)

Yes i am busy with fixing your problem also offcourse wink.gif

But it's strange because i don't have any problems with the rear flashers.

I re-installed your other car, with the lights on the mirrors, and I get the same problem... which is very very strange.

I wish some other people from the forum could get a little more active and tell us if they are experiencing the same issues....

Cylon
  • Cylon

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:52 PM Edited by Cylon, 09 September 2009 - 06:45 PM.

Hey f5544, I love your mod. I wanted someone to add more flashing lights to the standard police car and here you are! Thanks mate.

One question tough, where can I download the version with grill lights? In the your first post (and on gtagarage) there is download link only to the version with rear lights.

And may I have a small request? Could you also add the grill lights to this car user posted image?

Currently there are 2 types of cars in my game, your modified version and the standard one which R* put in the game. This should be like that, right? Your version shouldn't modify ALL the police cars? I love it like that, gives a little freshness to police cars.

Cheers mate!

f5544
  • f5544

Vehicle builder

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (Cylon @ Sep 9 2009, 17:52)
Hey f5544, I love your mod. I wanted someone to add more flashing lights to the standard police car and here you are! Thanks mate.

One question tough, where can I download the version with grill lights? In the your first post (and on gtagarage) there is download link only to the version with rear lights.

And may I have a small request? Could you also add the grill lights to this car user posted image?

Currently there are 2 types of cars in my game, your modified version and the standard one which R* put in the game. This should be like that, right? Your version shouldn't modify ALL the police cars? I love it like that, gives a little freshness to police cars.

Cheers mate!

Hi cylon,

I just fixed the car with the grill lights. That's why you can't download it. I will upload it now.

And i am sorry to say that i can't add anymore lights to that vehicle, because there are a max of 8 lights. and that car uses 7 of them. Caine has also good cars. Topic LCPD cruiser wink.gif

f5544
  • f5544

Vehicle builder

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:34 PM

Update

New versions are uploaded, waiting for approval.

Cylon
  • Cylon

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:32 PM

Fantastic work, f5544!! I have just tested this police patrol with grill lights and they look awesome. I love how you added this orange (yellow? don't remember really) bar beneath the lightbar and stop light.

You even added rotors and breakable lights (I don't remember them being in the previous version). Really great work.

A bit of a shame about the engine limitations and only 8 lights on a car.

I've been to Caine's topic and yup, some good cars there. I can't wait when he adds the new Ambulance for download.

Cheers.

Corgi
  • Corgi

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:47 PM

Gosh f5544 thanks for doing all of this but I still can't get the rear lights to appear thru the rear window of the car. Thru the side panes you can see that they are working but I can't see them from behind.. the window is obstructing them.

The FBI buffalo has a similar system but it works... so I dunno what I'm doing wrong!!

user posted image
user posted image

See you should be seeing the right flasher but the window makes it obscure.

When I shoot out the window you can see it OK!

I'm screwing something up big time! Please help!!

Thanks wow.gif )

f5544
  • f5544

Vehicle builder

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2009 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE (Corgi @ Sep 10 2009, 21:47)
Gosh f5544 thanks for doing all of this but I still can't get the rear lights to appear thru the rear window of the car. Thru the side panes you can see that they are working but I can't see them from behind.. the window is obstructing them.

The FBI buffalo has a similar system but it works... so I dunno what I'm doing wrong!!

user posted image
user posted image

See you should be seeing the right flasher but the window makes it obscure.

When I shoot out the window you can see it OK!

I'm screwing something up big time! Please help!!

Thanks wow.gif )

Hmm, that's wierd. i send you a pm with a link for a test car. Because nobody has this problem.

Cylon
  • Cylon

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 September 2009 - 10:51 PM

Hey Corgi, you can't see the rear lights from the angles you have shown, or you generally can't see them at the back?

This is how it looks on my side.

user posted image

user posted image

As you can see, the window is still intact.

I really don't know what you could have been doing wrong that you can't see them. Too bad I didn't check from the angles you've shown. I'll try to find this car again and test it.

Cheers.

Corgi
  • Corgi

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2009 - 02:45 AM

Hey Cylon,

I can't see them from any angle... it's really strange, because it's the same on both of F5544's cars.

On the other hand I can see the same lights fine OK on the FBI Buffallo!

I think it has something to do with how I installed the special vehshare file.. I probably screwed it up. turn.gif sigh.gif

commandoscorch
  • commandoscorch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2009 - 02:53 AM

I have the same issue as Corgi. I cant tell whats causing it...

Corgi
  • Corgi

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:13 AM

At least I'm not the only one!! happy.gif

UnknownEpidemic
  • UnknownEpidemic

Nova 6

• Members

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:54 AM Edited by UnknownEpidemic, 16 January 2011 - 07:58 AM.

QUOTE (FruntalotHinterland @ Aug 26 2009, 23:07)
1st: get a better avatar

2nd: upload some screens

3rd: upload it on another site, not the Garage, it will be slow as hell

4th: IMPROVE YOUR SPELLING

Reported

1. Luis Lopez jumping out of a helicopter is such a SWEET avatar, I guess you have the right to bash others? You must be the coolest kid in middle school
2. He'll upload screens when he damn well pleases, its his mod and his thread.
3. He can upload his mod where he damn well pleases, if you don't want to wait for your diall up to connect to gtagarage then don't download it.
4. Sieg Hail, herr grammar nazi! Spelling class already? It was just lunch time!

Reported? For what? Not being at your beck and call with his mod? He posted a legit mod and quite honestly I found it to be a very good one. Don't hate, appreciate; didn't your mother teach you, if you have nothing nice to say, shut your f*cking mouth.

P.S. O.P Cookie for a cool mod. cookie.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users