IV Coding Request

1,143 replies to this topic
topeira
  • topeira

Playa

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:12 PM

RECOIL MOD?

my idea for a mod is that when u fire a gun the camera moves a few pixels to a random location, which basically immitates recoil. the crosshair doesnt expand but the entire camera bounces just a couple of pixels with every bullet. for ARs the recoil is more harsh than pistols, for example. kinda like how most 3rd person shooters do it.

this way there is no need to make the cops or other peds/AIs lose their accuracy and no need to edit the weapons themselves.

is there such a mod or maybe anyone can create it? i seems like a relatively simple idea if anyone knows how to make the camera move a lil.

....do modders even read this thread? tounge.gif

atkins513
  • atkins513

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:53 PM

Hey Guys.

I am looking for a map mod that changes the entire map of GTA 4 to photo realistic. Like an image down from the top, but in map form. Much like there was in GTA SA.

Does this exist yet or am I chasing wild geese lol

LCstuntman
  • LCstuntman

It's a wonderful horrible life.

• Members

Posted 04 January 2010 - 02:41 AM

I'm not sure if this fits better in the weapons requests or the coding requests:

How about an ammo meter for the Annihilator? We all know it has unlimited ammo, but it does have to reload every 30/40 (don't know the exact number) rounds. I think it would be helpful to know how much bullets you have left before having to reload. Is this possible?

Thanks smile.gif

atkins513
  • atkins513

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:09 AM

Your request section sucks btw. Nobody answers any questions... or tries to help.. so really, what use is it?

LCstuntman
  • LCstuntman

• Members

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE (atkins513 @ Jan 4 2010, 00:09)
Your request section sucks btw. Nobody answers any questions... or tries to help.. so really, what use is it?

You posted yours in the wrong section. Map mod requests go here.

But I don't think that's possible... yet. No maps are available for GTA IV right now, but there are people working on it, so at least there is hope.

atkins513
  • atkins513

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:58 AM

So I have a question. (gtaforums, your request section is retarded and unused btw.)

How do I edit niko's attributes such as his run speed and such? Where are these settings? A .dat file or something? Can someone help me please? If this post is locked, just email me. smile.gif

atkins513
  • atkins513

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:10 PM

see. retarded and unused. proof.

oc student
  • oc student

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:06 AM

People aren't here just to answer your questions. WaitThef*ckOut

atkins513
  • atkins513

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:17 AM

Your an idiot. Look through this entire thread. VERY VERY few questions are answered by anyone. Take a hike.

sammclean23
  • sammclean23

Playa

• Members

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:11 AM

This is the most unused thread i have seen so far. 4 pages? How many answers? Nobody looks at this thread. But tbh, why should they lol? Its only requests. most modders out there are busy with their own work, although there are some interesting requests

LCstuntman
  • LCstuntman

• Members

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (atkins513 @ Jan 6 2010, 23:17)
Your an idiot. Look through this entire thread. VERY VERY few questions are answered by anyone. Take a hike.

Seriously, shut the f*ck up - modders have lives you know, they are not your personal bitches. They might look at this thread for ideas, but they will never make it just for you. Get over yourself.

atkins513
  • atkins513

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:30 PM

Are you really that stupid? I never asked anyone to create a mod for me. I had a question, a question. I can create my own mods, and have... but every now and then somebody might have a question... where is the modders board where we can ask each other modding questions? Because some modders have strengths that others dont and vice versa...

atkins513
  • atkins513

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:43 PM

LCstuntman:

By the way, I hope your not a modder because what you just said is that modders come in here to steal ideas instead of answering questions. Real Classy buddy.

Zach
  • Zach

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:49 PM

Chastising someone for actually wanting a response to a request made in a Request topic is so childish and inane it is beyond words. sarcasm.gif I mean, why do people on this forum always have such an apparently compulsory need to belittle other people? confused.gif

LCstuntman
  • LCstuntman

• Members

Posted 09 January 2010 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE (Zach @ Jan 8 2010, 11:49)
Chastising someone for actually wanting a response to a request made in a Request topic is so childish and inane it is beyond words.  sarcasm.gif   I mean, why do people on this forum always have such an apparently compulsory need to belittle other people?  confused.gif

Have you read his posts at all?

QUOTE (atkins513 @ Jan 4 2010, 18:58)
So I have a question. (gtaforums, your request section is retarded and unused btw.)

How do I edit niko's attributes such as his run speed and such? Where are these settings? A .dat file or something? Can someone help me please? If this post is locked, just email me. smile.gif

2 f*cking days later:

QUOTE (atkins513 @ Jan 6 2010, 15:10)
see. retarded and unused. proof.

It's called patience.

Zach
  • Zach

Thug

• Members

Posted 09 January 2010 - 05:31 AM

No, he's just voicing his frustration which is perfectly understandable given the state of the GTA IV modding community where it's basically "do it and keep your discoveries to yourself" or don't do it at all.

Looking at your join date, I'm guessing you may not have been around back in the day, but go check out the GTA III modding area, and keep in mind that it has been vastly pruned due to 1.) forum reorganization, and 2.) thread age. But the modding community was alive and overflowing with a wealth of information modders happily shared with other modders. And every day a new modding tutorial of some sort was being written. Etc., etc. (By the way, if I'm guessing wrong about your join date, then you know first-hand what I'm talking about.)

So, no, regardless of his indignant tone in his follow-up replies, it just irks me when people are chastised for asking questions, especially in a thread specifically created for just that. And also, it's not like he bumped it 60 seconds later like you see on Steam forums or something. A two day wait is ample time to be considered patient. You know that.

Anyway, whatever. Peace.

Josheh
  • Josheh

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:16 AM

Hi all, My topics always get locked for being in wrong section so i thought i would ask here even though i know it will not get answred and i will go to a site where the help topics are answered, Anyway:

We've got a bus mod that lets you become a bus driver
We've got a cop mod that lets you become a police officer
We've got a Taxi mod that lets you become a taxi driver

I'm just wondering, Why hasn't anyone done Ambulances yet? I'm not dissing the guys who made the bus and taxi mod, But seriously, Wouldn't you have thought making an ambulance mod to become a paramedic a lot more exciting? I'm LOVING all 3 of these mods greatly, But An Ambulance mod would almost top it off, they don't need to be very detailed......

1. Like the police pursuit mod, you press a key too start the mod, You get paramedic gear on automatically, An ambulance spawns outside, or maybe you need to actually go to the hospital, and put your uniform on or walk into an area in the hospital too start the mod "even better idea" And then you get in an Ambulance, You can spawn a buddy if you like just like police pursuit mod, then you go around doing nothing just driving around and random times you might get a call that might be

1. Accident, Just 2 cars crashed or something with 3 people on the ground dying, You go up press say M and resusitate them all and you get a mission completed, that's about it really, you could maybe have people "Fainting, Heart problems, Dehidration, Old age, Falling over, What ever, but basically it tells you "Please have ambulance on route blah blah, Lady seems to have a broken hand" or something you go resusitate them, mission complete, And on very rare missions like car accidents you will get a timer but not on all missions cus some won't be as important....

2. Maybe even do a fire brigade mod? That would be far simpilar too...... Same start as the ambulance mod, but you just drive around and a random mission might start and you just go to the location and a random fire will start in a building, car, or anything and you just need to go put it out, pretty simple, yet gives people much more variety on what they can do in the game...

Anyone got a mod like this i can use or anyone making one / has made one ???

n8gamez1
  • n8gamez1

Str8 Ballin'

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 15 January 2010 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (Josheh @ Jan 15 2010, 02:16)
Hi all, My topics always get locked for being in wrong section so i thought i would ask here even though i know it will not get answred and i will go to a site where the help topics are answered, Anyway:

We've got a bus mod that lets you become a bus driver
We've got a cop mod that lets you become a police officer
We've got a Taxi mod that lets you become a taxi driver

I'm just wondering, Why hasn't anyone done Ambulances yet? I'm not dissing the guys who made the bus and taxi mod, But seriously, Wouldn't you have thought making an ambulance mod to become a paramedic a lot more exciting? I'm LOVING all 3 of these mods greatly, But An Ambulance mod would almost top it off, they don't need to be very detailed......

1. Like the police pursuit mod, you press a key too start the mod, You get paramedic gear on automatically, An ambulance spawns outside, or maybe you need to actually go to the hospital, and put your uniform on or walk into an area in the hospital too start the mod "even better idea" And then you get in an Ambulance, You can spawn a buddy if you like just like police pursuit mod, then you go around doing nothing just driving around and random times you might get a call that might be

1. Accident, Just 2 cars crashed or something with 3 people on the ground dying, You go up press say M and resusitate them all and you get a mission completed, that's about it really, you could maybe have people "Fainting, Heart problems, Dehidration, Old age, Falling over, What ever, but basically it tells you "Please have ambulance on route blah blah, Lady seems to have a broken hand" or something you go resusitate them, mission complete, And on very rare missions like car accidents you will get a timer but not on all missions cus some won't be as important....

2. Maybe even do a fire brigade mod? That would be far simpilar too...... Same start as the ambulance mod, but you just drive around and a random mission might start and you just go to the location and a random fire will start in a building, car, or anything and you just need to go put it out, pretty simple, yet gives people much more variety on what they can do in the game...

Anyone got a mod like this i can use or anyone making one / has made one ???

I am just learning C++ and was thinking of a fire mission among other things as well.

Have you sent a shout out to some of the modders that made the mods you so love?

Often times they are more than happy to design something if it is interesting enough.

If I can learn C++ quick enough and can make my fire mission mod I will include an

ambulance mod too. wink.gif

But don't hold your breath. blush.gif

Instead hit up one of the moddrs and ask them in an email, you might be surprised.

Peace,
N8.

n8gamez1
  • n8gamez1

Str8 Ballin'

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 15 January 2010 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (atkins513 @ Dec 31 2009, 13:53)
Hey Guys.

I am looking for a map mod that changes the entire map of GTA 4 to photo realistic. Like an image down from the top, but in map form. Much like there was in GTA SA.

Does this exist yet or am I chasing wild geese lol

Now shadow mapper is out tounge.gif you should be able to take ariel shots of the city to create your map images. Not until it was released was this possible.
Not that it is easy but it is now possible.
Peace,
N8.

cameron195
  • cameron195

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:04 AM

here's an idea first person was a great mod but now i have gta IV on steam which comes at the latest version on install and there isn't a way to change which version you install so basicly there is no way to quickly get this mod and coding is not my strong point also deleting files won't work i tried with other games it tries to automaticly fix problems say i delete a crucial file it will conect to a server and replace it. suicidal.gif

n8gamez1
  • n8gamez1

Str8 Ballin'

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:47 PM Edited by n8gamez1, 23 January 2010 - 11:50 PM.

QUOTE (cameron195 @ Jan 23 2010, 03:04)
here's an idea first person was a great mod but now i have gta IV on steam which comes at the latest version on install and there isn't a way to change which version you install so basicly there is no way to quickly get this mod and coding is not my strong point also deleting files won't work i tried with other games it tries to automaticly fix problems say i delete a crucial file it will conect to a server and replace it. suicidal.gif

Well that sucks. wow.gif

Have you tried downloading patch 4 or 5 and reinstalling it?

That would replace your RSGSC folder which is located in your username/appdata/local/RockstarGames folder.

Viola you should be able to play your modded game. tounge2.gif

You can also insert your original CD and reinstall RSGSC that way. Then you just copy it before you going on line.
That way you can still go on line by changing the name of the folder.
If you do it this way then don't forget to update first to patch 1.0.4.0 or 1.0.0.4 which ever you prefer.

ie: rename your current RSGSC folder to RSGSC-online then reinstall the original. Now just switch your RSGSC to RSGSC-copy and your RSGSC-online to RSGSC when you want to go online.

Play offline with modded games. devil.gif

Don't forget to go into your Grand Theft Auto IV/pc/data folder and rename your fileslist.pak to fileslist.pak2 in order to have custom handling work for you.

Let me know if this helped as i am planning a BETA release by Feb. 03, my B-day present to everyone.

Peace,
N8.

[LLC]NelsoN
  • [LLC]NelsoN

Baller

• Members

Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:31 AM

How about a save anywhere script, like the CLEO one for San Andreas ?
I think there are too few safehouses in LC...

n8gamez1
  • n8gamez1

Str8 Ballin'

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 24 January 2010 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE ([LLC)
NelsoN,Jan 24 2010, 02:31]How about a save anywhere script, like the CLEO one for San Andreas ?
I think there are too few safehouses in LC...

Please try a simple search before you post a request. dozingoff.gif

You can download that here:
check the GTAForums first for information on GTA IV. suicidal.gif

Peace,
N8.

[LLC]NelsoN
  • [LLC]NelsoN

Baller

• Members

Posted 24 January 2010 - 02:12 PM

Well, I browse a lot of GTA-related sites and many topics here, but I never saw that script. I wouldn't have posted that request otherwise...
There are tons of topics on gtaforums, so apologies if I missed something. thx for the link btw.

Frander
  • Frander

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:14 PM

Hi,

Do any of you think it's possible to make a mod that can change handling.dat on the fly? Say, vehicle mass etc. so you can toggle heavy cars etc. And maybe accelleration etc. That'd be pretty sweet.

LMS
  • LMS

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:14 PM

Afaik handling.cfg is loaded when you start the game. So there's no way to reload it while playing.

philip92dk
  • philip92dk

the Lone Wanderer

• Members

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:32 PM

online radio script

JMJ91
  • JMJ91

Mean Motherf*cker

• Members

Posted 27 January 2010 - 04:56 PM

Hey everybody,
I've been playing and modifying GTA IV for almost a year now, but I've never really used the Video-Editor.
Anyway, today I tried to make some simple movies and this thing annoys the hell out of me.
Since it is impossible to predict how much actually will have been recorded, when I hit F2, I wondered if somebody coul just make script mod of some sort.
Like when you hit F2 it starts recording, when you hit it again, it stops. I'm sure I'm not the first one to ask this, but I couldn't find anything about.
So PLEASE, could anyone make a script mod of some sort, that makes the recording of footage less annyoing?

crad159
  • crad159

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:51 AM

I think a cool mod would be to use/interact the payphones in gta iv?

I cant write script, but if the peds are using them, it seems like there could be script for Niko to use them in conjunction/with his cellphone.

iDash
  • iDash

GTA 5 Developer

• Members

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:45 PM

I would like an "Indicators Mod". You know, that you can indicate right/left. Rockstar already made the sounds for indicators (Grand Theft Auto IV\pc\audio\Sfx\resident.rpf -EXTRAS.ivaud) and I would like to use them.

-Greetz

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users