1,054 replies to this topic
emad-tvk
  • emad-tvk

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

Hi All.

I Converted A Bike For GTA IV, But I Have Some Problems, Hope Some One Can Help To Fix.

1. I Used A Bicycle Handling But It's Not So Good. If Any One Can Help For A Good Handling Help Please.

2. Animation. I Need Some One Write And Script For Pushing Bicycle Pedals Up And Down. A Good Animation For Bike.

These Are Some Pics :
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Hope Some One Can Help

sextitsboobsyeah
  • sextitsboobsyeah

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:56 AM

@ariya

dont think this will work because there is no code to make a ped move his bones the way you want. You need to play animations loaded by gta and u r limited to the animations supplied. I dont think u will be able to get legs to move up and down while on the bike... perhaps the euphoria object could be used but i wouldnt hold your breath waiting for that to get made wink.gif

well with euphoria u could use pedal legs but i dont know if that would be good and if it will execute while in a vehicle... maybe someone can write and test

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:45 PM

Could someone whip up a small script that changes Niko's health to 100? Currently it's set to 400, and it'd be pretty nice if it could be limited to 100, which is the amount of health a pedestrian has.

In this thread it was said that the only way to change it is by editing the float loaded in memory, 4C158E4. Later in the same thread it was mentioned you could write a script to change that instead.

In this thread, someone posted a line of code that allows you to change the player's health - but I know nothing about coding for GTA IV. I'd appreciate it if someone could write a script that sets Niko's max health to 100. Maybe even do the same for armor if that's possible.

sextitsboobsyeah
  • sextitsboobsyeah

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:16 PM Edited by sextitsboobsyeah, 06 May 2013 - 07:47 PM.

QUOTE (cp1dell @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 21:45)
Could someone whip up a small script that changes Niko's health to 100? Currently it's set to 400, and it'd be pretty nice if it could be limited to 100, which is the amount of health a pedestrian has.

In this thread it was said that the only way to change it is by editing the float loaded in memory, 4C158E4. Later in the same thread it was mentioned you could write a script to change that instead.

In this thread, someone posted a line of code that allows you to change the player's health - but I know nothing about coding for GTA IV. I'd appreciate it if someone could write a script that sets Niko's max health to 100. Maybe even do the same for armor if that's possible.

CODE
//after this script is installed and game loads, save your game. Then u can delete this script

namespace SetMaxHealthAndArmor
{
   using System;
   using GTA;

public class Main : Script
   {
       public Main()
       {
           Game.LocalPlayer.Character.Health = 100;
           Game.LocalPlayer.MaxHealth = 100;
           Game.LocalPlayer.Character.Armor = 100;
           Game.LocalPlayer.MaxArmor = 100;
       }
   }
}

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:05 AM Edited by cp1dell, 07 May 2013 - 07:45 PM.

QUOTE (sextitsboobsyeah @ Monday, May 6 2013, 18:16)

CODE
//after this script is installed and game loads, save your game. Then u can delete this script

{
   using System;
   using GTA;

{
       public Main()
       {
       }
   }
}

Thanks man, you're the best.

EDIT: For some reason it doesn't work. I created the .cs file and put it in scripts, I loaded the game - checked the console and it says the script is working - I save the game, quit, delete the script, reload. It takes a few shots for the armor to start depleting, but when it does it's just the normal amount of health like always.

Billsy93
  • Billsy93

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

Hey all, was wondering if someone could make a very quick mod for me.

Basically, what i'm aiming for is for the player to go to Tony's apartment, for some text (and a blip, those arrows) to appear when outside his door, saying that you're at Tony's apartment, in order to go in you need to press a given key, whatever that may be, and then for the player to appear inside Tony's apartment when said key is pressed.

I know vaguely the sort of game native functions to use and it what order (see below) however I haven't a clue as to how to code the script. I would preferably like the script as either a .vb or .cs script. Basically, once the player is on the street outside Tony's apartment and is near the blip and the text has appeared, once the key has been pressed, the player needs to be teleported inside the apartment and then be able to move around (similar to how you can teleport to cutscene environments through the native trainer) however, I would prefer to go to Tony's apartment myself and get in that way.

ClearNamedCutscene("test");
SetCamBehindPed©;
SetPlayerControl(playerIndex,1);
SetCharCoordinates(c,x,y,z);
LoadAllObjectsNow();
InitCutscene("test");

The co-ordinates for the player being outside Tony's apartment (and where i'd like the blip to appear) are -74.3, -223.7, 14.6 and the co-ordinates for being inside Tony's apartment are
-73.39, 214.70, 32.81

Thanks in advance for your time, I greatly appreciate it. If someone decides to make this for me, please private message me, thanks once again.

I asked previously, but my account messed up so I had to create a new one.

Thanks to anyone that takes the time to look into this for me.

Billsy93
  • Billsy93

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:20 PM

Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible to make the window cleaning platforms that appear and you can make use of in singleplayer, spawn in multiplayer and whether or not they could be interacted with, specifically the one round the back of the Majestic Hotel, as once the mission ends, that platform disappears in singeplayer, for a reason I do not know, whereas the other platforms used in missions remain.

Thankyou.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:00 AM

QUOTE (cp1dell @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 02:05)

CODE

{
   using System;
   using GTA;

{
       public Main()
       {
       }
   }
}

EDIT: For some reason it doesn't work. I created the .cs file and put it in scripts, I loaded the game - checked the console and it says the script is working - I save the game, quit, delete the script, reload. It takes a few shots for the armor to start depleting, but when it does it's just the normal amount of health like always.

Alternatively, if there isn't a way to lower Niko's maximum amount of health to the ped's health (100) - is there a way to just raise the ped's health to Niko's (400)?

I was looking at HippieCommunist's ZombieZ script, and there is a function that increases the ped's health. But there are so many booleans and variables determining whether or not to apply Pede.Health = 400;

If I could increase the ped's health to 400, I could just go into the WeaponInfo file and multiply all the damage rates by four, essentially putting Niko on the same level as all the AI.

sextitsboobsyeah
  • sextitsboobsyeah

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:16 AM Edited by sextitsboobsyeah, 08 May 2013 - 05:26 AM.

QUOTE (cp1dell @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 04:00)
QUOTE (cp1dell @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 02:05)

CODE

{
   using System;
   using GTA;

{
       public Main()
       {
       }
   }
}

Alternatively, if there isn't a way to lower Niko's maximum amount of health to the ped's health (100) - is there a way to just raise the ped's health to Niko's (400)?

I was looking at HippieCommunist's ZombieZ script, and there is a function that increases the ped's health. But there are so many booleans and variables determining whether or not to apply Pede.Health = 400;

If I could increase the ped's health to 400, I could just go into the WeaponInfo file and multiply all the damage rates by four, essentially putting Niko on the same level as all the AI.

yeah, never tested just wrote when i read ur post, try this:

CODE

{
   using System;
   using GTA;

{
       public Main()
       {
           while (!Game.Exists(Game.LocalPlayer.Character) || !Game.LocalPlayer.Character.isAliveAndWell) Wait(0);
           BindKey(System.Windows.Forms.Keys.B, ShowVitals);
           Game.LocalPlayer.Character.MaxHealth = 100;
       }

private void ShowVitals()
       {
           string text = string.Format("Health = {0}{1}MaxHealth={2}{1}Armor = {3}{1}MaxArmor = {4}", Game.LocalPlayer.Character.Health, Environment.NewLine, Game.LocalPlayer.Character.MaxHealth, Game.LocalPlayer.Character.Armor, Game.LocalPlayer.MaxArmor);
           Game.Console.Print(text);
           Game.DisplayText(text, 5000)
       }
   }
}

also untested, i switched order of setting the properties not thinking it would fix but this makes more sense to set max's before setting health and armor, now press B after game loads with this script installed and see what your player properties are set to

and there is no magic in hippie's script, this is how it is done... something = someNumber;

if that doesnt work then ur gta and scripthooks install has issues but post results and if it doesnt work... ill test it lol

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:20 PM Edited by cp1dell, 08 May 2013 - 08:18 PM.

CODE
2013-05-08 15:17:54 - 2 Errors in script 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto IV\GTAIV\scripts\HardHealth.cs':
                      in Line 20: The property or indexer 'GTA.Ped.MaxHealth' cannot be used in this context because it lacks the get accessor
                      in Line 20: The property or indexer 'GTA.Player.MaxArmor' cannot be used in this context because it lacks the get accessor

Line 20:
CODE
          string text = string.Format("Health = {0}{1}MaxHealth={2}{1}Armor = {3}{1}MaxArmor = {4}", Game.LocalPlayer.Character.Health, Environment.NewLine, Game.LocalPlayer.Character.MaxHealth, Game.LocalPlayer.Character.Armor, Game.LocalPlayer.MaxArmor);

Alright, so I just removed that segment and the call for BindKey. Script activated, still didn't work. I tried removing the lines:

hoping that leaving the two lines of code that set the max health amount for Niko would work, but it just sets them to the max amount.

EDIT: I just tried setting
Game.LocalPlayer.Character.MaxHealth
Game.LocalPlayer.MaxArmor

to 25. Same result, just gives the player max health and armor. Doesn't limit the player's health down or anything.

EDIT2: Holy sh*t, sextitsboobsyeah got banned? Crap.

blowjobcumpussy
  • blowjobcumpussy

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE (cp1dell @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 19:20)
Holy sh*t, sextitsboobsyeah got banned? Crap.

poor poor sextitsboobsyeah... and i really liked that name sad.gif

Billsy93
  • Billsy93

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:33 PM

Hello, apologies if this is the wrong part of the forum to post this, but I was just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction as to where to locate the mod seen at the beginning of this video:

As I would like to be able to get into the plane interior at the airport but cannot seen to find the mod.

Thanks.

blowjobcumpussy
  • blowjobcumpussy

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:57 AM Edited by blowjobcumpussy, 11 May 2013 - 01:04 AM.

QUOTE (Billsy93 @ Friday, May 10 2013, 17:33)
Hello, apologies if this is the wrong part of the forum to post this, but I was just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction as to where to locate the mod seen at the beginning of this video:

As I would like to be able to get into the plane interior at the airport but cannot seen to find the mod.

Thanks.

it is the last level of tbogt, i am taking a wild guess but maybe u can determine the door and then use the unlock door native. R* uses the native to block off parts of the map they only want open for specific levels, here is a sample code from my majestic apt mod:

CODE
//C# using scripthookdotnet v1.7.17. beta by hazardx
GTA.Native.Function.Call("SET_STATE_OF_CLOSEST_DOOR_OF_TYPE", doorModel, -160.0f, 591.0f, 119.0f, false, 0.0f);

to get door model u can browse open iv for eflc, then next 3 values iirc, are vector3 x, y, z position of door. true or false for lock and unlocke and last number had something to do with how much door opens or if door only opens one way or something, i forget

Walter Longfingers
  • Walter Longfingers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:38 PM

Alright, since Ra's Al Ghul appears to have fallen off of the face of existence I was wondering if anyone had the download link to his Wandering Hoodlums mod. I don't know if this is the right thread for this but yeah.

hardsty1e
  • hardsty1e

GLITCHED

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (Walter Longfingers @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 18:38)
Alright, since Ra's Al Ghul appears to have fallen off of the face of existence I was wondering if anyone had the download link to his Wandering Hoodlums mod. I don't know if this is the right thread for this but yeah.

google is your friend nervous.gif

http://www.playgroun...ums_v3_0-65254/

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:33 AM

Is it possible to make a script that shows an X whenever you hit a pedestrian like this

user posted image

Billsy93
  • Billsy93

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:22 PM

Hi,

I was just wondering if it's possible to create a script (in C++) that keeps track of the last car you entered (or the car you are currently in) and basically deems that as being the "players" car and updates each time you enter a new car and identifies the car that is currently deemed as being the players' current vehicle with a blip on the minimap.

Thanks.

Steeldragon
  • Steeldragon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:17 PM

Hi. I was wondering if there was a script that when you press or hold a button, such as sprinting, Niko's mass or weight would change to a large number such that he can push cars and pedestrians out of the way.

pedro2555
  • pedro2555

Open Sourcer

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:47 AM Edited by pedro2555, 19 May 2013 - 12:50 AM.

QUOTE (menteith @ Saturday, Sep 5 2009, 11:09)
Hi all!

Is there possbility (mod, script etc.) to automatically pick certain radio station? For example, when I get into a car, game automatically changes radio station into L.C.H.C.

Best regards,
menteith

Native Trainer does that. http://www.gta4-mods...ersion-65-f2115

Regards

pedro2555
  • pedro2555

Open Sourcer

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE (Billsy93 @ Friday, May 17 2013, 23:22)
Hi,

I was just wondering if it's possible to create a script (in C++) that keeps track of the last car you entered (or the car you are currently in) and basically deems that as being the "players" car and updates each time you enter a new car and identifies the car that is currently deemed as being the players' current vehicle with a blip on the minimap.

Thanks.

My car alarm mod, 'sort of' does that. Check it out, it is some where here or on gta4-mods.

It is C# thougth.

girish_is_gay
  • girish_is_gay

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 02:33)
Is it possible to make a script that shows an X whenever you hit a pedestrian like this

user posted image

funny i replied to this with a script but mods deleted because they have a personal thing with me that they would make their users here suffer

great forum ;D

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:26 PM

Id like to see somebody make a script that allows you to drag bodies and store them in trunks. Make the trunk accessible and bodies able to drag/carry. It'd be epic to have something like that in IV.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:28 AM

QUOTE (girish_is_gay @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 19:44)

user posted image

funny i replied to this with a script but mods deleted because they have a personal thing with me that they would make their users here suffer

great forum ;D

sad.gif

ForTheNightIsDarkAndFullOfTerror
  • ForTheNightIsDarkAndFullOfTerror

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:03 PM Edited by ForTheNightIsDarkAndFullOfTerror, 27 May 2013 - 06:23 PM.

QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Monday, May 27 2013, 05:28)

user posted image

great forum ;D

sad.gif

i shall defile the evil gtaforums admins to help the people!! POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!

user posted image

CODE
//http://imageshack.us/a/img46/9950/crosshairp.png

using System;
using System.Windows.Forms;
using System.IO;
using GTA;
using GTA.Native;

public class HitIndicator : Script
{
   Texture crosshairTexture;
   const float TEXTURE_WIDTH = 50, TEXTURE_HEIGHT = 50, TEXTURE_ROTATION = 45;
   const string TEXTURE_PATH = @"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\grand theft auto iv episodes from liberty city\EFLC\scripts\Crosshair\crosshair.png";//fix the file path to wherever u save your crosshair image, i gave u one at link above or find your own;)

bool cursorOn = true;
   bool drawCursor = false;

public HitIndicator()
   {
       crosshairTexture = new Texture(File.ReadAllBytes(TEXTURE_PATH));
       this.BindKey(Keys.F11, ToggleCursor);
       this.PerFrameDrawing += this.HitCursor_PerFrameDrawing;
       this.Tick += HitIndicator_Tick;
   }
   private void HitIndicator_Tick(object sender, EventArgs e)
   {
       drawCursor = false;
       if (Function.Call<bool>("HAS_PLAYER_DAMAGED_AT_LEAST_ONE_PED", Player.Index))
       {
           Function.Call("CLEAR_PLAYER_HAS_DAMAGED_AT_LEAST_ONE_PED", Player.Index);
           foreach (Ped ped in World.GetAllPeds())
           {
               Function.Call("CLEAR_CHAR_LAST_DAMAGE_ENTITY", ped);
           }
           drawCursor = true;
       }
       if (Player.Character.Weapons.CurrentType == Weapon.Unarmed || Player.Character.Weapons.CurrentType == Weapon.Melee_BaseballBat || Player.Character.Weapons.CurrentType == Weapon.Melee_Knife)
       {
           drawCursor = false;
       }

if (Game.LocalPlayer.Character.isInVehicle())
       {
           if (!Game.LocalPlayer.Character.isShooting)
           {
               drawCursor = false;
           }
       }
   }
   private void HitCursor_PerFrameDrawing(object sender, GraphicsEventArgs e)
   {
       if (drawCursor)
       {
           e.Graphics.DrawSprite(crosshairTexture, Game.Resolution.Width / 2, Game.Resolution.Height / 2, TEXTURE_WIDTH, TEXTURE_HEIGHT, TEXTURE_ROTATION);
       }
   }

private void ToggleCursor()
   {
       cursorOn = !cursorOn;

if (cursorOn)
       {
           Tick += HitIndicator_Tick;
           PerFrameDrawing += HitCursor_PerFrameDrawing;
           Game.DisplayText("Hit Cursor Activated");
       }
       else
       {
           Tick -= HitIndicator_Tick;
           PerFrameDrawing -= HitCursor_PerFrameDrawing;
           Game.DisplayText("Hit Cursor Deactivated");
       }
   }
}

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

Packet from the PC Gaming Master Race

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 22:28)

great forum ;D

sad.gif

^You're encouraging him. As you can see above, this person has no respect for anything, including admins and GTAForums.

Walter Longfingers
  • Walter Longfingers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (hardsty1e @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 21:17)

Ah, but that's an older version. The latest version (I think) included Noose Responses, and random fights between gangs (either that, or those were features he was working on). Either way, thanks!

whorse
  • whorse

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:51 AM

Can we get a new first-person or camera control mod? firstperson.asi is so immersive that my friends and I joke that playing with it is like jacking into the matrix. I'm sure most of you have heard of the mod but here is a good demo video of it:

..and here's the mod's page on this site:
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=398667

I did a search for all topics posts related to the mod since June 2011 and there were surprisingly very few, mostly just people asking for fixes for the weapons problems with the mod in EFLC (which actually came out after the author disappeared from the scene, so the new guns aren't tweaked for the mod). The mod has gotten near universal acclaim, brought GTA modding to the attention of the gaming world through numerous articles, and redefined the way we can choose to play the game. No one else successfully made a GTA4 camera mod other than Co6alt a.k.a. Cobalt did in 2011; he the master who gave us the gift of GTA4 FPS mod 1.0.7 and then disappeared never to update or work on it again. Why does no one else try? Is it seriously a lack of interest? Because at least half the people I show the FPS mod to find it jaw-dropping. The mod is incredible. Its got a few bugs, but its so immersive that they barely detract from the experience.

But its been two years, and the bugs are getting old. Seriously, it appears like NO ONE has even attempted to make a camera control mod like Co6alt's. In addition to FPS walking/driving/fighting his mod allows rigid cam (cam always above the exact same spot right behind and above your car) and classic cam (overhead view like in GTA3). Its the only camera mod I have ever seen for GTA4 was a trainer that had a rigid cam mode for the car, still perfectly centered above the back of the vehicle.

With "Cinematic" camera that is included with the game, the camera does all KINDS of crazy stuff. I would pay money through donations if someone could make a mod that simply lets you voluntarily "freeze" the cinematic cam at a particular angle, instead of it automatically cycling through angles like an annoying timed slideshow. A cinematic cam frozen on a pursuing cop car's dash would be incredible - usually those angles only show for about 2 seconds max. I want to be able to keep the camera angle like this until I change views or unfreeze it:
user posted image

So IMO the main problem with the current FPS mod is that the camera cannot stay rigid to the car while flipping. It is always fixed to your characters skull and can rotate in all directions, but it pays no notice to the movement of your players head. So, for example, your FPS vision will NOT be upside down when hanging upside down in your seat in your flipped car., and it wont move with your face while you are flying through the air as a ragdoll (both of these would look amazing). It just stays flat and horizontal. I think this could be fixed by mounting the camera on Niko/Johnny/Luis' shoulders instead of their heads. Their shoulders seem to be like the base/"chassis" of the pedestrian in GTA4.

The big problem I see people talking about, however, is that in GTA4 EFLC, you cannot aim the new weapons in first person. Co6alt mustve needed to tweak them like he did for the vanilla guns. Also, with ALL guns in EFLC, you start out zoomed-in when you aim and you cant zoom out (in FPS mode), making it very difficult to shoot close opponents quickly. And lastly the crosshair is kind of high, the bullets fall way below it esp in drivebys.

Even with all those unfixed bugs the mod is still a 9.9/10 for me, but it could be so much better. I can code in Java a bit, and I heard C# is kinda like Java, so maybe I could make a .net scripthook plugin if you guys could maybe help me. But I doubt I have the skill to do that. Where would I start? Is it even possible to control the camera with .net scripthook, or do you need a dedicated asi mod?

Thank you guys, I know thats a lot to read (I copied it from where I had it posted before)

whatevs
  • whatevs

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:33 AM

QUOTE (Walter Longfingers @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 23:05)

Ah, but that's an older version. The latest version (I think) included Noose Responses, and random fights between gangs (either that, or those were features he was working on). Either way, thanks!

https://dl.dropboxus...ingHoodlums.rar

i never added gangs fighting each other... i just stopped writing this mod, onto bigger and better things wink.gif

this one does have noose response, that was the latest feature i added

@packetfag

lol u so mad but guess what no one gives a f*ck xD

whatevs
  • whatevs

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:42 AM

QUOTE (whorse @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 01:51)
Can we get a new first-person or camera control mod? firstperson.asi is so immersive that my friends and I joke that playing with it is like jacking into the matrix. I'm sure most of you have heard of the mod but here is a good demo video of it:

..and here's the mod's page on this site:
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=398667

I did a search for all topics posts related to the mod since June 2011 and there were surprisingly very few, mostly just people asking for fixes for the weapons problems with the mod in EFLC (which actually came out after the author disappeared from the scene, so the new guns aren't tweaked for the mod). The mod has gotten near universal acclaim, brought GTA modding to the attention of the gaming world through numerous articles, and redefined the way we can choose to play the game. No one else successfully made a GTA4 camera mod other than Co6alt a.k.a. Cobalt did in 2011; he the master who gave us the gift of GTA4 FPS mod 1.0.7 and then disappeared never to update or work on it again. Why does no one else try? Is it seriously a lack of interest? Because at least half the people I show the FPS mod to find it jaw-dropping. The mod is incredible. Its got a few bugs, but its so immersive that they barely detract from the experience.

But its been two years, and the bugs are getting old. Seriously, it appears like NO ONE has even attempted to make a camera control mod like Co6alt's. In addition to FPS walking/driving/fighting his mod allows rigid cam (cam always above the exact same spot right behind and above your car) and classic cam (overhead view like in GTA3). Its the only camera mod I have ever seen for GTA4 was a trainer that had a rigid cam mode for the car, still perfectly centered above the back of the vehicle.

With "Cinematic" camera that is included with the game, the camera does all KINDS of crazy stuff. I would pay money through donations if someone could make a mod that simply lets you voluntarily "freeze" the cinematic cam at a particular angle, instead of it automatically cycling through angles like an annoying timed slideshow. A cinematic cam frozen on a pursuing cop car's dash would be incredible - usually those angles only show for about 2 seconds max. I want to be able to keep the camera angle like this until I change views or unfreeze it:

(pic removed for quote)

So IMO the main problem with the current FPS mod is that the camera cannot stay rigid to the car while flipping. It is always fixed to your characters skull and can rotate in all directions, but it pays no notice to the movement of your players head. So, for example, your FPS vision will NOT be upside down when hanging upside down in your seat in your flipped car., and it wont move with your face while you are flying through the air as a ragdoll (both of these would look amazing). It just stays flat and horizontal. I think this could be fixed by mounting the camera on Niko/Johnny/Luis' shoulders instead of their heads. Their shoulders seem to be like the base/"chassis" of the pedestrian in GTA4.

The big problem I see people talking about, however, is that in GTA4 EFLC, you cannot aim the new weapons in first person. Co6alt mustve needed to tweak them like he did for the vanilla guns. Also, with ALL guns in EFLC, you start out zoomed-in when you aim and you cant zoom out (in FPS mode), making it very difficult to shoot close opponents quickly. And lastly the crosshair is kind of high, the bullets fall way below it esp in drivebys.

Even with all those unfixed bugs the mod is still a 9.9/10 for me, but it could be so much better. I can code in Java a bit, and I heard C# is kinda like Java, so maybe I could make a .net scripthook plugin if you guys could maybe help me. But I doubt I have the skill to do that. Where would I start? Is it even possible to control the camera with .net scripthook, or do you need a dedicated asi mod?

Thank you guys, I know thats a lot to read (I copied it from where I had it posted before)

user posted image

Walter Longfingers
  • Walter Longfingers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE (whatevs @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 02:33)
QUOTE (Walter Longfingers @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 23:05)

i never added gangs fighting each other... i just stopped writing this mod, onto bigger and better things wink.gif

this one does have noose response, that was the latest feature i added

@packetfag

lol u so mad but guess what no one gives a f*ck xD

Ah, damn. That's a shame. This is one of my favorite mods. Oh well, thanks for the download, man! Good luck on your future projects.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users