Photo

IV Coding Request

831 replies to this topic
Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• None

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:59 PM

IV Coding requests belong in this topic. This contains as well already existed mods (which you can't find using google and GTAGarage) as new mods.

Creating a new topic for these requests is not allowed.

AzuShin
  • AzuShin

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 August 2009 - 05:57 AM

I would like a script that allows to spawn enemies to chase to a way point.

syrdax
  • syrdax

Serial gamer

• Members

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:40 PM

I don't know if this belong here, if not, sorry.
There's this mod (http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=411353) called Pigeon detector; I PMed the author but seems that he's not around here; so I was asking if that mod could be updated to 1.04 Is there any way to do that? Can anyone tell me what should I edit to make the mod work in 1.04? Of course, I just want it for my own use and don't intent to distribute or anything someone's else work.
Or of course, if there is another mod like this one, please point me in the right direction to download it wink.gif but this one seems to be the only one in the whole web.

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:16 PM Edited by ceedj, 30 August 2009 - 05:11 PM.

Not really a "coding" request, per say, but I'll add it anyway, as it would help my code a bunch.

You know how the game "detects" which input device you're using? I'd like to disable it from checking if the keyboard is being used, so ONLY the gamepad input is being read. BUT, I need the keyboard to work for the functions in my mod, so disabling the keyboard entirely won't work either. Any ideas?

It's probably going to have to be done with memory hacking, but I'm asking anyway in case maybe there's a native I missed somewhere that can control this.

EDIT: Wow, I never noticed that patch 1.0.3+ will let you remap keyboard keys. Though I'd still like to see if shutting the keyboard switch down is possible, it's no longer necessary to the IV Studios mod, which has been brought back from the dead. smile.gif

Hey, didja know that the Clip Capture WILL save whatever you do with IV Studios (and other mods apparently) as well? Me either. Very nifty...

syrdax
  • syrdax

Serial gamer

• Members

Posted 01 September 2009 - 03:48 PM

So I guess that there won't be updates on the pigeons detector mod? confused.gif sad.gif
Please?

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 01 September 2009 - 03:59 PM

you can always find them yourself

Berto
  • Berto

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:05 AM

Can someone make a script to activate camera from Handbrake!

I mean when you hold brake it's starting to brake but there is also a camera that is really nice!

Can some one make something like a activator of that camera???

DuPz0r
  • DuPz0r

The One & Only

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:40 PM

I was wondering if it was possible to change the co-odinates of the yellow marker at the Algonquin Safehouse, so it is in-front of a different house. (I like some of the mafia owned houses with garages in Alderny.) And then the yellow marker inside teleports you back outside that certain house. Is it an easy thing to do?

Mxthe
  • Mxthe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:15 PM Edited by Mxthe, 04 September 2009 - 03:42 PM.

Hey !

Would it be possible to code Niko to be able to aim and fire his weapon while being in Euphoria Ragdoll Mode?

Then, would it be possible to make him "Dive" in ragdoll mode to the direction the player is pressing ?

And Coupling that with slow motion, you obtain a very nice Max Payne mod !

Press a key, Niko dives as ragdoll in the direction you press, with the ability to aim and fire in slow motion!

It would work right ? And it wouldnt be too hard to code I believe, anyone can do that ?

And that would not be all ! Just imagine the possibilities! Getting blowned by a grenade, or falling of a bike, and while in the air, press a key and Bam ! Slow motion aiming while falling in the air !

It would really rock...

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE (Mxthe @ Sep 4 2009, 15:15)
Hey !

Would it be possible to code Niko to be able to aim and fire his weapon while being in Euphoria Ragdoll Mode?

Then, would it be possible to make him "Dive" in ragdoll mode to the direction the player is pressing ?

And Coupling that with slow motion, you obtain a very nice Max Payne mod !

Press a key, Niko dives as ragdoll in the direction you press, with the ability to aim and fire in slow motion!

It would work right ? And it wouldnt be too hard to code I believe, anyone can do that ?

And that would not be all ! Just imagine the possibilities! Getting blowned by a grenade, or falling of a bike, and while in the air, press a key and Bam ! Slow motion aiming while falling in the air !

It would really rock...

what does euphoria really do i never got that

Mxthe
  • Mxthe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:45 PM

Euphoria is a new physic system from NaturalMotion that is way better than ragdolls !

This is the body system used in GTA 4, and this is why bodies react so realisticly in GTA 4

menteith
  • menteith

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:09 AM

Hi all!

Is there possbility (mod, script etc.) to automatically pick certain radio station? For example, when I get into a car, game automatically changes radio station into L.C.H.C.

Best regards,
menteith

Leopard_
  • Leopard_

Call me Leo.

• Members

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:09 PM Edited by Leopard_, 06 September 2009 - 04:24 PM.

Is there a possibility for a 2-player mode in singleplayer (if you have seen the gta sa ps2 player mode you know what i am talking about) to be scripted in GTA IV? ATM i am too busy to make something like that - i really want to play gta 4 with my sister tounge.gif

EDIT: Just seen that TBOGT have parachute! Would be an awesome addition to GTA IV!

anton_moskow
  • anton_moskow

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:33 PM Edited by anton_moskow, 09 September 2009 - 01:39 PM.

Who can create *.asi mod for GTA4?

It's cool mod, but i don't know how to programming

CODE

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Functions mod:
// Cops in single/multiplayer use any weapons(2 slots). (1-6 stars)
// 4 cops in police car in single/multiplayer.
// Used AI weapon can change in *.txt(1 example)
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

//1. Example *.txt_file
//Player can change secondary and primary weapons for AI
//Value "Random_weapons" - for random select weapon, except RPG and sniper rifle.

Random_weapons=(0/1) //0 - no, 1 - yes

//Cop weapons, but if "Random_weapons" value - 1, then ignore.
Primary_cop_weapon=(name_weapon) // glock/geagle
Second_cop_weapon=(name_weapon) // shotgun/m4

//Swat weapons, but if "Random_weapons" value - 1, then ignore.
Primary_swat_weapon=(name_weapon) // smg/geagle
Second_swat_weapon=(name_weapon) // m4/ak47/beretta

//N cops in car.
//If value less 1 are more 4, then use "Cops_value_in_police_car_spec"

Cops_value_in_police_car=(1...4)
Cops_value_in_police_car_spec=2

P.S. How name soft for open *.sco files? I find script for creation cop, but in Open4 do not edited.

lilmcnessy
  • lilmcnessy

FenderCore

• Members

Posted 12 September 2009 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE (menteith @ Sep 5 2009, 23:09)
Hi all!

Is there possbility (mod, script etc.) to automatically pick certain radio station? For example, when I get into a car, game automatically changes radio station into L.C.H.C.

Best regards,
menteith

Made it here http://www.gtaforums...entry1059478171

menteith
  • menteith

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2009 - 12:39 PM

lilmcnessy, thanks! colgate.gif

luke1304
  • luke1304

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2009 - 12:47 PM

hey

i just googled for a mod to play the storyline in coop. i know that its not likely, but is there any chance to have such a mod one day?

chrisblake
  • chrisblake

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:24 PM

hi all. i was wondering if someone can do an asi or something to change engine sounds for cars? i know that if i change the name id for the car in the ide file it will change the engine sound but it also changes the cars name witch i dont want! i want to be able to give the sultanrs sound to more cars now we have some great car mods but i dont want them all called sultanrs! i know an asi was done for gtasa for flip up headlights and another for spinning engine parts so can this be done for gtaiv? thanks

azam8
  • azam8

GTA MADMAN

• Members

Posted 15 September 2009 - 06:41 AM

Hey guys, Iíve been having an issue with climbing ladders the thing is I canít anymore. Not sure why or how, Iíve changed almost every vehicle and lots of textures i.e. billboards some safe houses and other doc files etc .The game runs perfect but cant climb ladders confused.gif I have tried to isolate the problem with a reinstall but nothing. I donít want to start over because itís like months work so if someone could please make me script.... player climb ladder with any 1 key binded I would be very grateful or even a solution. cheers biggrin.gif

AzuShin
  • AzuShin

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2009 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (AzuShin @ Aug 25 2009, 05:57)
I would like a script that allows to spawn enemies to chase to a way point.

I guess not.

danodk
  • danodk

GTA SoulMate

• Members

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:06 AM Edited by danodk, 22 September 2009 - 01:33 PM.

Dont know if my requests belong here...ill take my chances

First of, i dont know yet how to make MODS or code scripts and so on, but i worship people who can wink.gif

I have some ideas, and hope theyll be kindly accepted tounge.gif

A Car shop (like Vehicle Selector by C06alt)

But u would have to drive to a certain point ingame to buy Car
Maybe make Car, Boat and Heli Shop at different points ingame, would be sweet!
And...u could go to LPCD department and purchase Police Vehicles...

A working Chop Shop

But only the cars with custom parts should be "moddable", maybe add nitro again like SA for fun and kicks ? could be optionable.
The chop shop could work together with car shop maybe....

More agressive driving peds

Picture this: I try to carjack someone, i open door, ped slams the door back in and immediately step on the gas making it harder for me to steal the car.

Sit & Lie Down

Well, a simple mod for sitting and lying down (like the hoboes on streets)

EDIT: Some more ideas popped up....

Mission by mail ?

I havent seen anyone MOD the browser ingame, so i guess its not possible yet ?
But would be awesome to put the Net Cafe to more use!
Ideas would be endless....missions of all kind, but non criminel tounge.gif contests like lottery ? lol, or "Find the Burger Shot Guy" or "pigeon hunt version 2" (tho i hate the pigeons, but its just ideas tounge.gif)

Drinking Contest

This was actully my friends idea, but if possible, it could be fun smile.gif
Well the animation for drinking is there, and drunk mode ofcourse smile.gif
So heres some part of the idea. U go to Vlads bar, or any other open bar and Bartender is the mission contact in this case.
U start the mission, screen fades black, and back again with spawned contestents, 2,3 or 4 (optionable) and maybe some crowd for cheering.
But how should the contest work ? have to get back on that, or u come with some ideas smile.gif

Truck mission

Remember "Rigged to Blow" ?
More missions like that smile.gif

RagDoll Contest

LoL this is one crazy idea, but cant stop laughing everytime i picture it...
U start the mission, and will have to do check point down a hill or downhill road, but get this, u ragroll xD
And if possible and obvious, add contestents ? Peds RollRacing u ?
Its not ment to be serious, but still funny ? tounge.gif

I got more ideas/requests comming xD cya

Holding-Mod

Could somebody code it, that the player can move on driving things like a pick-up or on the roof of a truck or on a train?
So that the player don't fall down of the object but standing on it.
Maybe with the Euphoria Engine of one mission in Alderney. There you have to climb on the roof of a truck and you should be every time in the middle of the roof where it's the safety place (this please not -> the player should be everywhere on the roof without falling down any time). This mission was in Alderney, where you have to steal the truck and bring it to someone as a wedding gift. The truck was full with drugs. Maybe someone remember.

I would be very, very glad for a mod like this.

Funny u mention this, u jumped my memory remembering, i would like a Grab Mod....but not only cars. All things!
I saw this video called "Bloopers, Glitches & Silly Stuff 7" on YouTube, and noticed an accendently grab on train station roof. Go look, fast forward to 1 min.
I would love a MOD making me able to grab on to almost anything, imagin being able to escape from cops by grabing train in motion...or airplane ? LOL

DS 17
  • DS 17

om nom nom

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:09 PM

Holding-Mod

Could somebody code it, that the player can move on driving things like a pick-up or on the roof of a truck or on a train?
So that the player don't fall down of the object but standing on it.
Maybe with the Euphoria Engine of one mission in Alderney. There you have to climb on the roof of a truck and you should be every time in the middle of the roof where it's the safety place (this please not -> the player should be everywhere on the roof without falling down any time). This mission was in Alderney, where you have to steal the truck and bring it to someone as a wedding gift. The truck was full with drugs. Maybe someone remember.

I would be very, very glad for a mod like this.

Berto
  • Berto

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2009 - 04:11 PM

If anyone can make!
A code script that will use animation of Hakumai Headlights to make Opening vents on Sport Cars and working spoiler on such cars as Porsche!

And the author shoud only specify the Angle of Opening in special options like doors , hood etc.

nexviper223
  • nexviper223

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2009 - 03:19 AM Edited by nexviper223, 12 October 2009 - 03:21 AM.

Can anyone make .asi file that "Car Mod Anti Crash Patch for MultiPlayer"?

GTAIV sync car damage.
In Multiplayer, each players are syncing around NPC cars(position and damages), peds and own car damage.

BUT
In Multiplayer, if player are using car mod, other player aren't, something will happen.
I mean it's "crash".

Recently, some FreeMode room said that DO NOT USE CAR MOD.

So i thought if there is patch, we can use car mod. smile.gif

Please make patch for Multiplayer. confused.gif

Threepwood
  • Threepwood

Calm like a bomb.

• Members

Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:19 PM

Eyho,

I need someone who is abled to do a nice little script. I have the CLEO version for GTA SA, which has to be rewritten for IV. Difficulties: it should be abled to read an ini file (or similar) which contains one or more IDs (linewise) and use that ID(s). Second goal of the script is to open a door to a certain angle with a certain speed, trigger dependent on car speed.

I do not care if it is LUA or C++ or whatever, its main function which is a must: open rear doors slow motion until a certain angle, trigger dependent on car speed. All other is optional.
Please PM me, since I do not see the forums often wink.gif

lauris3722
  • lauris3722

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:53 AM

Is there any mod that allows unlimited races at brucie? I can't race in more that 2 races in day, but i want more that 10 every day. Can anyone make mod for this?

Threepwood
  • Threepwood

Calm like a bomb.

• Members

Posted 18 October 2009 - 09:25 AM

So much for a request thread, as with other request threads, it does not work really. I really wonder why forum leaders still prefer that way.

Ruscris2
  • Ruscris2

Snow Storm

• Members

Posted 18 October 2009 - 04:06 PM

Hi,
Can someone can make a script that when you get drunk to see the red,yellow and green lights changing from second to second, on the streets to be JUST hookers and when you crash the car to DIE ! I haved sow a anti Drunk Driving Commercial Yesterday and I thinked it would be cool that would be in GTA IV too ! I would script it myself but when I complie it and put it in GTA IV directory in game nothing happens

lilmcnessy
  • lilmcnessy

FenderCore

• Members

Posted 18 October 2009 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (Threepwood @ Oct 18 2009, 21:25)
So much for a request thread, as with other request threads, it does not work really. I really wonder why forum leaders still prefer that way.

It does work, it keeps the forums less full, and I rad them but some ideas are just not possible or some are stupid

Threepwood
  • Threepwood

Calm like a bomb.

• Members

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:56 AM

Stupid maybe, I hope you do not talk about my request w/o asking what it is about.
Since now it is managed to rotate doors axis (gullwing and scissor and any angle) in IV; I really need one who can script the requested feature for a unique mod and following mods with similar functions.

Any1 willing to do that "stupid" little request?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users