» «
Photo

Who will Accept MY GTA3 Challenge?

23 replies to this topic
severed
  • severed

Old Skool

• Members

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:52 PM Edited by severed, 25 August 2009 - 09:20 AM.

If your interested in a tough time "racing" around Liberty City against the cops, please follow my rules carefully. You can even time yourself and post your best results. This is something I always loved to do after I had beat GTA3 (and ViceCity) so many times and had become bored of just running around killing cops/peds. Though Ive done this challenge 100s of times I have never timed myself, maybe if others like my challenge I will start posting my times and even come up with a race for other GTAs. Obviously no cheats/trainers/mods allowed sleepy.gif

There are 2 levels of difficulties, I will start with the rules for "easy"
  • You need access to all 3 islands and will probably want full health/armor to start
  • Begin by loading a save in Staunton Island, You can use any car(s) you like (EXCEPT NO TANKS!!)
  • Immediatly get yourself a 2 Star wanted level (however is fastest for you)
  • Head to Portland using the main bridge
  • Make sure you hit the unique jump where the yellow/black stripes are on the Callahan Bridge
  • While in Portland get yourself a 3rd Star (no bribes allowed)
  • Now you must make your way to the underground tunnel and head to ShoreSideVale (SSV)
  • Do not get off at the exit in the airport, you must head over to your hideout in SSV
  • Now while in SSV you must get your 4th Wanted Level Star
  • You can use any means neccessary to leave SSV except the underground tunnels (pretend roadblocks)
  • Your last objective is to get a 5th Star back in Staunton and finish the race by entering the save hideout you began with

Now the easier race is fun, but the real challenge goes like this:
  • Starting from the Staunton save hideout, get yourself a 3 Star Wanted Level (again, no bribes allowed)
  • Go to Portland, and hit the unique jump on the Callahan Bridge
  • Get your 4th Wanted Level Star before going underground to use the tunnel to get to SSV
  • Go to your hideout in SSV and get your 5th Wanted Level Star
  • Use the dodo to making your clean get away into Staunton (Skip if you absolutely can not fly)
  • Get your final 6th Wanted Level Star in Staunton and see if you can do A 2nd LAP!!

Now there are a few exceptions to my challenge. First off the Dodo flight is optional if you absolutely can not fly it (its just from the airport to Staunton). And for either the easy or more difficult path(whichever you choose is up to you) I suggest you at least try the easy one first. The real reason to try my challenge is just for fun, Im not really looking to start a race going on with people posting there times(but if you want to I will be very excited to see your results). Obviously not everybody can film there play so most of us will have no proof(just the honor system) but again, this is just ment for fun and I am only posting to see what peoples reactions are. Has anybody ever done/heard of anything like this before? I have thought about making a similar race for the other games, but its just so perfect in GTA3 the way the city is laid out, its the perfect track. cool.gif

If anybody is actually willing to post their times, please specify the following:
  • First of all start your timer the second you can move after loading the game in Staunton
  • Then specify if you did the easy challenge(5Stars) or did you do the hard challenge(6Stars) ??
  • And did you do the dodo flight (completely optional though it is a bonus for those who do it)
  • If you do the harder challenge (i recommend starting with the easier one) but if you do the harder challenge and you want to post your time, than post your time for the FIRST LAP at the point you got the 6th Star and start a 2nd time at that point, for if you complete the 2nd Lap! suicidal.gif

Good luck, have fun ! devil.gif let me know what yall think!

XXI Inc
  • XXI Inc

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:45 PM

This seems to be fun! I will try today or tomorrow and post the results!

Ghost Bear
  • Ghost Bear

addIIIct

• Members

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:46 PM

Way too easy in my opinion. No, really - i can survive forever with 6 stars - just steal a tank (or even easier, hold one in garage before getting wanted)

severed
  • severed

Old Skool

• Members

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:17 AM Edited by severed, 25 August 2009 - 08:54 AM.

yea but thats no fun GhostBear icon13.gif ...the real challenge isnt how long you can stay alive thats just what I do after I complete my race. Anyway, the real focus here is: can you complete the race around liberty and how fast? If you think its easy go ahead and give it a whirl

by the way, after you complete the race and your seeing how long you can stay alive just dont get in a tank. In my opinion that is "hiding" and the rules say no hiding (yea it says drive a car OR shoot it out) but sitting in a tank is no fun, unless your screwing around but thats not the point of my challenge rolleyes.gif
EDIT: There, I added NO TANKS to the rules wink.gif (and I put the updates to my challenge in BOLD)

the whole point is just to have fun Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif anyway, if you think its easy well thats fine, go ahead and try getting 6stars from the start of the race and then completing the lap around the city. however you think is interesting

ONE FINAL EDIT: I decided to change the last and final step for my challenge from seeing how long you can stay alive, to: try making another lap after getting the 6th Star biggrin.gif that sounds like its more up your alley!

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:37 AM

nah

too much reading

severed
  • severed

Old Skool

• Members

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:00 AM Edited by severed, 25 August 2009 - 10:13 AM.

im sorry you feel this way, maybe you should try reading more books and a few paragraphs wont be so bad
sneaky2.gif suicidal.gif (nobody is forcing you to read but... it is good for you) yawn.gif

all you got to do is read a few of the bullets i listed and you will get the idea. monocle.gif

XXI Inc
  • XXI Inc

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:36 PM

I tried it and I have to admit it is quite challenging. I almost did it in my 5th try, where I died at the airport with 6 stars!

My time was 8:31.

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (severed @ Aug 25 2009, 10:00)
im sorry you feel this way, maybe you should try reading more books and a few paragraphs wont be so bad
sneaky2.gif suicidal.gif (nobody is forcing you to read but... it is good for you) yawn.gif

all you got to do is read a few of the bullets i listed and you will get the idea. monocle.gif

books aren't for me, it's too much "old school" xD
and i read enough, the problem is not the reading, it's the time to read, i think i just got another things to do instead of reading that

XXI Inc
  • XXI Inc

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:57 PM

I did it! I flew the Dodo and my total time was 9:52. It is pretty damn hard!

severed
  • severed

Old Skool

• Members

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:53 PM Edited by severed, 25 August 2009 - 08:57 PM.

QUOTE (XXI Inc @ Aug 25 2009, 19:36)
I tried it and I have to admit it is quite challenging. I almost did it in my 5th try, where I died at the airport with 6 stars!

My time was 8:31.

awesome man! glad to hear you enjoyed it. its funny how if your trying the harder challenge sometimes you get more stars before you need to... i take it your doing the harder one? usually i just go for the easier one because the harder one takes several tries to actually finish but if i complete the easy one then i go ahead for the harder one.

i think next time i might go for the easy one my first lap and then try a 2nd lap starting with 5 or even all 6 stars right from staunton. btw are you a good dodo pilot? i used to be but i havent played GTA3 in years, just recently got back into it so ive been skipping the dodo flight. ill get the hang of it again though

i definitly wouldnt have posted it if i didnt think people would be trying several times to beat it though lol.gif

severed
  • severed

Old Skool

• Members

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (Kratos2000 @ Aug 25 2009, 19:49)
books aren't for me, it's too much "old school" xD
and i read enough, the problem is not the reading, it's the time to read, i think i just got another things to do instead of reading that

why post though? its a little off topic, if you dont have anything to say about the challenge just move on...

XXI Inc
  • XXI Inc

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:57 PM

I did the harder one. I'm not a good dodo pilot but I flew the dodo from shoreside to portland with no problems.

severed
  • severed

Old Skool

• Members

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:00 PM

lol yea its a nice short flight, can still be deadly though devil.gif ive seen some youtube vids and theres some people who are crazy good pilots! i wish i had seen those "flight lessons" vids a long time ago turn.gif

ms.cooldude
  • ms.cooldude

The power is in your hands

• Members

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:23 PM

Wow I really like your ideas icon14.gif
I will try this later tomorrow, not using a tank tounge2.gif

severed
  • severed

Old Skool

• Members

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:23 PM

thanks for the feedback biggrin.gif cant wait for your unfinished business mod too!!

Ghost Bear
  • Ghost Bear

addIIIct

• Members

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:52 AM

Well, that still pretty easy, even with second lap - i died from tank in tunnel once, but next time i succeeded to complete challenge - it was just matter of luck spawning of army tanks in tunnel. I've tried to record next time, but even with everything possible turned off: internet, antivirus, windows services, resolution set to 640x480 and half-sized recording everything becomed laggy, really annoying and making me unable to play any further with recording turned on. That's because my bad notebook hdd which is really slow. Btw you challenge gave me an idea about creating scripted challanges with checkpoints and goals.

severed
  • severed

Old Skool

• Members

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:54 AM Edited by severed, 26 August 2009 - 06:18 PM.

A video would be pretty sick to see you going through my race especially with a second lap! Im glad i got your interest at least, but my goal wasnt to make something that is impossible tounge2.gif anyway, if you are a modder would you be willing to make my challenge just as it is?? i always wanted to set one up but im not good at that stuff nervous.gif i would always be interested in seeing what else you come up with too.

XXI Inc
  • XXI Inc

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:54 PM

You should make more challenges. I'd love that!

severed
  • severed

Old Skool

• Members

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:54 PM

any more takers?? rampage_ani.gif

TV1213
  • TV1213

=A= Prospect

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:49 PM

I did it in 15 mins 33 sec and died after 1hr and 23 and ten laps!

severed
  • severed

Old Skool

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:09 PM

HAHA! I forgot about this thread cool.gif I hope nobody minds that Im bumping a 3 year old post

That's pretty sick you did 10 laps!! OMG LOL I thought that sh*t was hard sad.gif

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (severed @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 21:09)
HAHA! I forgot about this thread cool.gif I hope nobody minds that Im bumping a 3 year old post

That's pretty sick you did 10 laps!! OMG LOL I thought that sh*t was hard sad.gif

I wouldn't mind if it was worth it, the user you are talking to has been banned, they will most likely never see that message confused.gif

severed
  • severed

Old Skool

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 20:11)
I wouldn't mind if it was worth it, the user you are talking to has been banned, they will most likely never see that message  confused.gif

O I didn't notice sad.gif lol... but that wasn't the only reason I bumped

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE (severed @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 21:13)
QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 20:11)
I wouldn't mind if it was worth it, the user you are talking to has been banned, they will most likely never see that message  confused.gif

O I didn't notice sad.gif lol... but that wasn't the only reason I bumped

It's alright man, just pay more attention next time icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users