SNP: Paper Trail

14 replies to this topic
nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 22 August 2009 - 12:39 AM

Hi,

I would like someone to do the following mission for me, "Paper Trail"! Also, where are the pc saves located I've looked in the my documents folder and the folder on the hrd drive but I can't locate them?

Thanks,

Nightwalker

FireItUp
  • FireItUp

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:20 AM

Is the mission too hard for you? I don't see how you would have problems passing this mission, it isn't very hard. You fly a heli while Jacob shoots the other one down. What's so challenging about that?

If you're using XP the saves are in C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Local Settings\Application Data\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames

If you're using vista or Seven, I have no clue the exact file path, but it shouldn't be hard to find using the XP path it can't be much different.

NOTE: You need to go into folder options and click show hidden files and folders to access these save files.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE (FireItUp @ Aug 22 2009, 11:50)
Is the mission too hard for you? I don't see how you would have problems passing this mission, it isn't very hard. You fly a heli while Jacob shoots the other one down. What's so challenging about that?

If you're using XP the saves are in C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Local Settings\Application Data\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames

If you're using vista or Seven, I have no clue the exact file path, but it shouldn't be hard to find using the XP path it can't be much different.

NOTE: You need to go into folder options and click show hidden files and folders to access these save files.

Yes, I'm having trouble flying the heli!

The location for the save files in Vista is:

C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames\

Here is my save game:

http://www.filefront...44759/Paper.zip

Chevyboy
  • Chevyboy

Playa

• Members

Posted 22 August 2009 - 02:54 AM

I would strongly encourage you to spend the 15 minutes and learn to fly, the mission doesn't even require perfect flying, even "half decent" will suffice. I suggest this because this is not the only mission you will be flying a helicopter.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 22 August 2009 - 03:00 AM

QUOTE (Chevyboy @ Aug 22 2009, 13:24)
I would strongly encourage you to spend the 15 minutes and learn to fly, the mission doesn't even require perfect flying, even "half decent" will suffice. I suggest this because this is not the only mission you will be flying a helicopter.

I know but I have difficulty following targets while trying to fly the helicopter! Fly the heli on its own is ok though.

Chevyboy
  • Chevyboy

Playa

• Members

Posted 22 August 2009 - 03:02 AM

QUOTE (nightwalker83 @ Aug 22 2009, 03:00)

I know but I have difficulty following targets while trying to fly the helicopter! Fly the heli on its own is ok though.

*Very slight spoiler alert*

The final mission requires you to follow someone with a helicopter, and trust me if you haven't seen it yet, that is not a mission you want to have someone do for you wink.gif

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:26 AM

Damn, it looks like you need to use two hands to control the helicopter! One to control the rotation and banking and the other to steer forwards or backwards. I only have the use of one arm so it makes it hard for me.

FireItUp
  • FireItUp

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:37 AM

I'm sorry, but we can't use your saved file because it will not work on other peoples computers. It will only work on the pc the game was saved on.

I suggest using a controller to fly if you have one. I have an xbox 360 controller and it's great for flying. I've never tried using the keyboard and mouse before.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:47 AM

QUOTE (FireItUp @ Aug 22 2009, 15:07)
I'm sorry, but we can't use your saved file because it will not work on other peoples computers. It will only work on the pc the game was saved on.

I suggest using a controller to fly if you have one. I have an xbox 360 controller and it's great for flying. I've never tried using the keyboard and mouse before.

Apparently, you need to download the file mentioned here then you will be able to play the save game:

http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1058871776

FireItUp
  • FireItUp

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:54 AM

Ok, I'll do it. You'll need xliveless also to load it. Give me a few minutes for the mission.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:55 AM

QUOTE (FireItUp @ Aug 22 2009, 15:24)
Ok, I'll do it. You'll need xliveless also to load it. Give me a few minutes for the mission.

Thanks!

PacoGTA4
  • PacoGTA4

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:56 AM

I remember trying to fly the damn remote controlled helicopter on gta vc, with a keyboard and mouse, what a pain in the ass, jezz, thank god I have a x360 now.

I think is sad use another savegame though. Try harder dude

Jc84144
  • Jc84144

Prankster

• Members

Posted 22 August 2009 - 05:10 AM Edited by Jc84144, 22 August 2009 - 05:14 AM.

QUOTE (nightwalker83 @ Aug 22 2009, 03:00)

Use only the keyboard controls to fly the heli (wasd + number pad) or use a controller. Keyboard + mouse really seems to suck for the heli.

I have my controls for the heli mapped as:

W: Tilt forwards
S: Tilt back
A: Turn left
D: Turn Right
Number Pad 8: Increase throttle
Number Pad 5: Decrease throttle
Number Pad 4: Rotate left
Number Pad 5: Rotate right

I find that to be much better than Keyboard + mouse, and still better than the default "only keyboard" controls.

Using those controls flying the helicopter couldn't be any more easy.

FireItUp
  • FireItUp

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 August 2009 - 05:25 AM

Here it is. Took me a bit, I had an earlier version of xliveless and your save wouldn't load.

Download here.

Like others suggested, you should learn how to fly better. You're definitely going to have a rough time near the end if you don't.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE (FireItUp @ Aug 22 2009, 15:55)
Here it is. Took me a bit, I had an earlier version of xliveless and your save wouldn't load.

Download here.

Like others suggested, you should learn how to fly better. You're definitely going to have a rough time near the end if you don't.

Again, thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users