Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA: Border Wars

144 replies to this topic
General Goose
  • General Goose

Because Jeb Bush is all in my house with disease.

• Members

Posted 13 June 2010 - 01:08 AM

First off, get RDR. You won't regret it. It will help you understand the location much better, and is also a f*cking awesome game. If you like GTA (which, judging by your membership here, I guess you do), you'll almost definitely like this.

Secondly, try reading the RDR wiki for inspiration about these towns, but be wary of spoilers (commonly found in character pages.)

I'll give you information about the major cities and regions in RDR (you don't have to use them exactly, though they could still serve as inspiration for original towns anyway):

New Austin (America)
A very desert-y, rocky region, with ranches, shacks and small outposts dotted around.

New Austin towns and landmarks:
Plainview
In RDR, a small town based on the oil industry mostly made up of tents and small shacks. Now, I imagine with the oil industry what it is today, this town could well have grown quite a bit.
Armadillo
The main town of New Austin, your typical Wild West town with one main street and a train station. In the modern era, I think it could have very well become a typical rural American small town, become a tourist trap based around its Wild West past or become a ruin, or a combination of the first two.
MacFarlane Ranch
A large ranch with some houses, businesses and such scattered around. I think in modern times, it'll be similar, just more modern.
Ridgewood Farm
While smaller and less notable than MacFarlane Ranch, I can still see it being a similar situation, though maybe just still a standalone farm.
Tumbleweed
Abandoned in RDR, abandoned in modern times (though presumably with a bit more litter and hobos tounge.gif ), though I guess it could still be a good place for a shootout.
Fort Mercer
An old army fort taken over by gangs in RDR, I can see it in a similar state in modern times, though maybe having become a tourist trap.
Thieves Landing
A den of scum, vice and criminals. For a modern counterpart, oy, this is tricky. I thought either abandoned, a tourist trap or still a sh*thole (just with proper law enforcement now) filled with seedy businesses and seedy people.

Nuevo Paraiso
A Mexican region just south of the river between America and Mexico. Filled with deserts and abandoned and razed towns.

Well, I would finish the towns of NP and do West Elizabeth, but I have to go do something else now. sad.gif

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Members

Posted 21 June 2010 - 12:15 AM

Thanks goose!

Starting work on a map rite now, so I hope to include some of these. Don't think I'll use them all, but a handful would be nice, even if it's just for an easter-egg type thing.

I'm also in the middle of a re-formatting so I can fit in some more images. Updating the GFX has caused some unforseen headaches so I've moved the radio section to the following post. This will allow me to put up the radio logos that Ferna is working on. Hopefully the first post won't seem as cluttered now. I'm also cutting my teeth on the tables, trying to make things neater looking for you folks.

...and as always feedback welcome icon14.gif

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Members

Posted 28 June 2010 - 02:39 AM

Please check out the new and improved radio section.

I've moved it out of the opening post and into the second one. Added a lot of tables for your viewing pleasure. The coding was took me forever and it was (say it with me folks) a lot of hard work! So any feedback would be appreciated.

Bob_Dole
  • Bob_Dole

CEO of CargoDole™ Heavy Transport Services, LLC

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 28 June 2010 - 03:01 AM

Terrible, Mexico is a terrible idea especially the female character thing. icon13.gif icon13.gif

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 28 June 2010 - 03:11 AM

Somehow I never commented on this topic.......

Dude, awesome f*ckin topic man. Simply amazing. But a woman dealing with Mexican cartels?

Other than that, everything else is pure genius.

You deserve some cookies cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

General Goose
  • General Goose

Because Jeb Bush is all in my house with disease.

• Members

Posted 28 June 2010 - 03:15 AM

I'm still not sure about the female protagonist, and it's a definite no from a business perspective.

Bob_Dole
  • Bob_Dole

CEO of CargoDole™ Heavy Transport Services, LLC

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:11 AM

I'm still not sure about the female protagonist, and it's a definite no from a business perspective.

I have to agree with Goose^ on this one. Not trying to sound sexist but having a female protagonists might effect the games sales seeing as how all GTA's so far have had male protagonists.

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

Account ditched. New account Tommy.

• Members

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:16 AM

The female protagonist thing is cool, its different.

AnthMUFC-Champs
  • AnthMUFC-Champs

MUFC-CHAMPS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:21 AM

Yes you should stick with it Cat.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Members

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:14 PM

Thanks for all the replies, I've been a bit busy lately so I haven't had a chance to get back on this thread.

I got RDR and hope to use some of the game-play elements in the future.

I'll have to write up a proper explaination on a female protag at some point in the future, but suffice it to say...I was experimenting and wanted to try something different at the time, I think it works, but can understand why others don't. Putting a female protag and a mexico setting may have been a bit much though...but it is what it is.

Anyways thanks all for reading.

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

• Members

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:29 PM

Me, Anth and Claude94 are doing a female protag for a Sydney topic. I think a female protg is a brilliant idea!

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Members

Posted 21 August 2010 - 06:08 PM

Hate to bump because I haven't added anything new in a while.

Lately I've been working on the Return to Vice thread, but just noticed this thread is a bit over one year old!

It was my first concept thread, and I learned a lot. So thanks to all those who have helped and/or contributed!

AnthMUFC-Champs
  • AnthMUFC-Champs

MUFC-CHAMPS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2010 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (TommyMufc-Champs @ Jul 19 2010, 18:29)
Me, Anth and Claude94 are doing a female protag for a Sydney topic. I think a female protg is a brilliant idea!

Not now we aint were doing the Gambetti Mafia in the 70s Sydney. biggrin.gif

Also congrats Cat on this accomplishment keep this topic up like Me,Tommy and Claude are doing, were doing like our own era and that includes our GTA IV VC, GTA IV SA and GTA IV Albion.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Members

Posted 21 August 2010 - 06:44 PM

Yeah I wonder where you had that idea from... tounge.gif

Anyways thanks, I remember you telling me on PSN about something upcoming in the near future. Have been busy lately and that was my only day off so I wanted to sneak in a lil RDR while I had the time. Sorry about not getting back to you sooner, but like I said, it's been hectic for me this past week.

Should this have been in PM? Oh well...

AnthMUFC-Champs
  • AnthMUFC-Champs

MUFC-CHAMPS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2010 - 06:54 PM

I dont think it should of been in PM as it is advice towards your topic as you should really make it as your own little fan made era you know, GTA BW and GTA RTV and work on them both at the same time.

What you think?

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Members

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:09 PM

Gawd!

One is hard enough!

Nah, I'll add something if I get an idea or two. Really it was this thread that helped with Return to Vice, getting the coding right, the layout looking good, and making friends with some of the GFX people. You remember how it looked when I first posted, I've added and changed quite a bit since then, just look at the log. If something comes up that I think would make a nice addition I'll go for it, but right now my focus is on Return to Vice. It was nice to see that this little thread has made it to a year though. Heck, for two cities most people never heard of, and a female protag, I'd say it did all right!

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

• Members

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:40 PM

Man your good at creating concept threads.

Are you going to do some type of work on this thread or you just focusing on the Return To VC thread?

san andreas state
  • san andreas state

MERRY CHRISTMAS MUTHAPHUCKAAA!!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:42 PM

wow i forgot all about this
dont know why because its really good
like the female thing most
bring this from the dead inlove.gif inlove.gif

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

• Members

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:51 PM

Spaghetti Cat Is focusing on his VC thread.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Members

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:40 PM

Well thanks, didn't expect to see this one bumped.

There have been some stories in the news lately that has the Zetas in the spotlight. Like this...

I really don't have any new missions, like tommy said I'm working on my Vice thread, but feel free to comment and I'll try and respond.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Members

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:52 PM Edited by Spaghetti Cat, 12 July 2011 - 04:53 PM.

I'm bumping this b/c there has been a lot of talk lately about a GTA setting along the border area thanks to deepthroat's genesis thread.

Just wanted some of the newer people to get an idea of what that would look like.

Jebus! This thread is almost two years old!

EDIT sorry thought this was in the gta chat section...could a mod move please?

matajuegos
  • matajuegos

2 Years in the forums!!! I MISS YOU ZEE

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:13 PM

need a lot of work yet mister

you could also add the PFP

TonyPro
  • TonyPro

Snitch

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:49 PM

I think something like this might just be in the works

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:14 PM

Moved to gen chat.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC. #Glazersout

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:38 AM

Oh the legendary Border Wars topic. Brings back memories...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users