Photo

GTA: Border Wars

144 replies to this topic
Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Members

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:19 AM

Updated the frontpage with some little gems, including these: a few side missions and another story mission...

Side Missions

Mission: Taxi Driver

Objective: This is a two-tier mission selection. First it the regular taxi missions. Pick up a passenger, drive him safely to the destination, collect you cash, and possibly a tip. One out of every three passengers is in a hurry. Get them there quickly and you get a bonus. But watch out for traffic! Damage the cab too much and the passenger will get spooked.

After fifty missions, you gain the ability to purchase each of the cab shops. There are two cab depots on either side of the border. The Mexican cab company is high-risk and low payout. Once you start out rival cab companies will try to take your business. Hold your territory and gain new territory by force if needed. Is a rival company taking your business? Burn the depot to the ground! Once you take all the territories, the Mexican cab company is yours, generating $1,000 every week. The American cab company is low-risk and high reward. There are rival cab companies, but they display none of the violence on the Mexican side. After the 50 taxi mission on the American side, you gain access to the lucrative airport territory. From there you’re able to purchase the other rival taxi companies on the American side. Airport territory gets you $3,000 every week. Taking over the entire side gets you $8000 a week!

Reward: Money/Free Taxi Rides

Mission: Fire Truck

Objective: Using the hook-and-ladder you must exiguous fifty burning cars. You must get to the scene in 2 minutes and put the fire out.

Reward: Flamethrower spawns at the safe house.

Mission: Ambulance

Objective: Get 50 patents to the hospital in less than 5 minutes.

Reward: Health boost by phone. (think Carmen’s reward)

Police mission coming soon…(trying to work into the story)

And here's another story mission. I'm almost up to the point to where Maria crosses the border for the first time, so expect to see some American mission in the near future...

The Brown Brothers
    The two Brown brother’s have been in prison for too long. After infiltrating the prison Company officials have located vulnerability. Once the prison has been locked down for the night, most of the guards leave for home. Only a skeleton crew remains behind, and the warden has a weakness for hookers.

He has a girl come in after-hours, and that is Maria’s chance. The Company has found the service that the warden uses. A call girl has the master key, so she can access the warden’s private room. Maria needs to get that key and impersonate the hooker.

The mission starts out with Maria following the hooker’s car as it heads for the prison. She needs to run the car off the road before it gets to the prison. Once the hooker’s car is in the ditch her pimp comes running out of the car. He has the key so you must eliminate the pimp. You can then choose to finish the hooker, or let her go.

Continue on your way to the prison, once you reach the front gate a guard comes out. He notices that you are the warden’s hooker and calls upstairs. The gates open and you are allowed to drive inside. Another guard stops you once the car reaches the inner gate. Maria needs to get out and walk upstairs.

A guard opens another gate for Maria as she heads for the Warden’s office. He leads her down the hallway and leaves her at the door. Maria uses the master key to enter the Warden’s office. The warden starts to talk, remarking hoe he’s never seen you before, have you worked for very long, ect. At any point you can eliminate the Warden, (think the Ken Rosenberg mission) but do it quietly for best results.

Once Maria has killed the Warden, she has access to the prison security system. She turns off the cameras leading to the D-Block of the prison, where the Brown brother’s are being held. Maria also turns off the electrified fence surrounding the prison. The plan is to break the Brown brother’s loose and make it to a getaway car parked on the other side of the fence.

Maria opens the office door and walks down the empty hallway. There are three guard stations located along the way. You can use force to eliminate the guards, or you can sneak around, your choice. Each station along the way is harder to get by, with more guards and more gates. After the last checkpoint, you have access to the D-Block.

Lights are out on the block, so Maria must quietly work her way to the Brown brothers. Once she gets to the cell, Maria uses her master key to open the bars. The Brown brothers are thrilled with their freedom, so much so that they wake up the rest of the block. Soon the entire D-Block is filled with screams to let them out as well. All of this commotion gains the attention of the guards, so Maria must hurry.

Maria leads the brothers out of the D-Block and into the main prison. They start to make their way to the armory but the hallways soon fill with guards. Using the master key to gain access to the prison armory, Maria hands out pistols to the Brown’s. They need to make their way down the long hallway to reach the outside courtyard. There, the Company has planted several timed explosives, triggered by your cell phone.

The firefight is fierce in the hallway leading to the courtyard. Bodies start to pile up as guards flood the hallway. Both the Brown brothers help you trying to escape, shooting anyone who stands in the way of sweet freedom. Once you reach the courtyard things are even worse.

By now the prison is on full alert. Guards in the towers are aiming searchlights and rifles at the escapees. In all the madness Maria places the phone call. Three large explosions tear a hole in the barbwire fences protecting the prison. The trio must run across no-man’s-land to freedom. Only the electrical fence stands in the way, but you are just able to climb over it.

Javier Brown goes first, he is a fat man and he struggles to climb over. Amongst a hail of gunfire Maria quickly hops over the electrical fence. Julio Brown is the last to go, but by now, the guards have figured out the problem. They turn on the juice as Julio is climbing over, he is fried right there on the spot, dying in front of his brother.

The remaining Brown reaches out for his brother, but Maria pulls him back. He is screaming for his dead brother while Maria runs for the car. You need to pick up Javier and take him to a safe location. Plow through the roadblock and make sure no police cars follow you.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

Account ditched. New account Tommy.

• Members

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:37 AM

Yes sweet child o mine is great song but civil war is different. Well its up to you.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Members

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:31 AM

bumping to add some songs to the music section, give me your opinions...

Blues

enjoy cool.gif

adrian949
  • adrian949

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:50 AM

i think a tijuana and san diego version of this would be much more interesting since the cities are more well known and recognizable. And would be more fun for gameply since san diego has an interesting lay out next to the ocean with the bay and all.

I haet Mudkipz
  • I haet Mudkipz

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 February 2010 - 05:17 AM

Dude... A GTA based on the mexican drug cartels and you're gonna play as some woman who gets kidnapped? WTF? You think people would rather play as, oh IDK, A MEMBER OF ONE OF THE CARTELS. Nice effort and idea otherwise but the protagonist...no, just, no.

BTW: I don't have a problem w/ playing as a woman, just not one that's kidnapped and has no criminal tendencies whatsoever. If it were a female cartel member then maybe.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 18 February 2010 - 07:34 AM

I do think if there is to be another GTA game with a whole region rather than just one city that this would be a good theme to go on. You have several large cities in Texas and nearby on the Mexican border. Drug smuggling, human trafficking, gun running - mix that in with some cities like Houston and San Antonio with wide streets and freeways and you have a potential for a great game.

But then somebody will go "OMG I HAVENT SEEN THIS IN A MOVIE BEFORE HOW MANY GANGSTER MOVIES HAVE THEY MADE IN TEXAS" or something completely insipid like that.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Members

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:42 AM

QUOTE (I haet Mudkipz @ Feb 18 2010, 00:17)
Dude... A GTA based on the mexican drug cartels and you're gonna play as some woman who gets kidnapped? WTF? You think people would rather play as, oh IDK, A MEMBER OF ONE OF THE CARTELS. Nice effort and idea otherwise but the protagonist...no, just, no.

BTW: I don't have a problem w/ playing as a woman, just not one that's kidnapped and has no criminal tendencies whatsoever. If it were a female cartel member then maybe.

You bring up some good points, I'll try and answer them here.

First off, this is basically a concept thread. I'm trying to come up with what would work in GTA based on what we all know about the game. So we have a desert instead of the endless sea. To enforce the limited map, like in the first part of any GTA game, I've placed two cities on the border divided by a river. What happens is the map is built around the game and not the other way around.

I've tried to do the same for the character. Taken my cues from Niko's character. He's a guy who's forced into a situation (first by Bulgarin, then by Roman and his exploits) and not really a criminal first. I think that is what mad the story so compelling. Going on the whole concept theme, I'm guessing most people playing GTA are not criminals themselves (right? right?? RIGHT???) so then there should be some sort of into to the whole criminal side. Maria starts off in a cage match against someone twice her size, this prepares the player for the harder missions later on. Not everyone has the skills of a cartel member.

One of my biggest complaints against IV, early on, was the new physics engine combined with no real place to introduce yourself with the controls. Now that I've played for a while I'm better at driving, but the first mission I must have crashed Roman's car ten times. What IV really needed was a driving/flying/boating/shooting school. Something that was optional, nothing you had to pass, but would allow you to experiment without fear of the cops.

The Company Ranch is the place for that. I've got a few missions based there, and you can go wild without the cops coming. In a larger sense the Mexican side would allow you to cause all kinds of havoc. That's why I've made Maria an abductee and not a Mafia/Cartel member. This is based on real-life, cartels capture teenagers (esp. those with an American passport) and pressure them into criminal service. All of that added up to what I thought would be a good character in a setting like this. I hope that makes some sort of sense for you, if not, let me know!

@ Mainland Marauder: I was thinking of La Femme Nikita mixed with No Country for Old Men, and a little Once Upon a Time in Mexico as my movie inspirations.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Members

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:11 AM

autobump by bumptronic 3000

This is my doublecross GTA mission.  I've had this in the works for a while, but only when I was writing it out did all the pieces come together lol.  Let me know what you think, more American missions to come soon.  Also, be sure to check out all of the previous mission on the first page to get a better idea of the story!

Tunnel of Love

-March 20, 2003- As Maria listens to the radio, reports of an invasion beginning in a Middle Eastern country, she receives a phone call. It is Pedro, and it sounds urgent. He asks Maria to meet him outside of town. Pedro doesn’t tell you why, but you know to hurry by the sound of his voice.

After driving through town, Maria notices the growing panic in the streets. People are driving erratically, with numbers of people running across traffic, and the police are everywhere! There are several roadblocks, constructed of semis and busses, so you need to take several side roads to get out of town. With the sun setting in the distance, Maria finally makes it to the meet.

Pedro’s car is parked on the side of a dusty road. As Maria gets out of the car Pedro comes rushing up. He tells you that the Mexican Military came to arrest Ramon Diego today. Ramon was the head of the Playa Cartel and Pedro was there to help protect Ramon.

After a bloody assault, Pedro tells Maria that he was barely able to make it out of there. This is, naturally, a huge blow to the Playa Cartel. So, the Company has decided to seize the initiative. Trusted members are instructed to take control of all the Playa Cartel’s operations. Any one who refuses will be taken out and shot in the head.

Pedro agrees to help the Company in this messy affair, and prove his usefulness in the process. He wants Maria’s help, wait with him for Company officials to deliver some wayward cartel members. Your mission is to threaten them to join the Company, or execute them.

Just then, two vans roll up to the spot. Pedro walks up, waiving at one of the drivers. Several armed Company officials hop out of the back of the van. Expecting to see some hostages, Pedro scratches his head. “What’s going on here?”

One of the armed men waives the others in. They open up with gunfire, shredding Pedro’s body with bullets. Once Pedro falls to the ground, the group turns to Maria. She hops behind her car, hiding behind the front tire. Automatic fire riddles the car with holes.

Maria fires back with a pistol, taking out one of the goons. As the firefight continues, an innocent farming truck speeds down the dusty road. The farmer drives up from behind, interrupting the battle. One of the goons turns around and shoots the driver. This causes the truck to go out of control and crash into the back of one of the vans. The explosion can be seen across the darkened desert floor.

Taking advantage of the situation, Maria kills another goon. In the confusion she manages to jump in her car and speed off. The Company goons hop in the only van left and follow Maria into town. As she drives down the dirt road, Maria can’t believe that the Company would want to kill her only friend in this situation.

Once in Nuevo Vista, Maria needs to loose her tail. It won’t be easy with a damaged car. It has a flat tire, and the engine is smoking. Maria needs to get the car fixed, and fast! But it won’t be easy with the general panic in town, there are roadblocks everywhere, and armed militias roam the darkened streets.

Not knowing whom else to trust, Maria phones Hector, the stolen car fence. When he answers, Maria asks if she could bring her car by his shop. He agrees, but Maria informs him of her situation, and the goons tailing her. “I think I know why,” Hector tells her. “Good luck and get here soon,” he says before Maria hangs up. There are more pressing issues to tend to.

The goon’s van closes swiftly on the damaged car. Maria pulls the car to a stop at another roadblock. Once again, she needs to take the side streets. After driving through some tight spots, Maria takes a hard corner. The van cannot take the same hard corner and ends up crashing into a flaming barricade. Leaving the goons in the dust, Maria heads towards Hector’s shop.

Once there, Hector opens the iron gates himself. Maria drives inside, undetected by the Company. She frantically jumps out of the car and tells Hector what has happened. He pulls her inside to avoid attracting any more attention.

Maria tells him about Ramon’s arrest, and Pedro’s involvement. Then Hector drops a bombshell of his own, he to works for the Company, but off the books. He asks Maria about Javier Brown. “Didn’t I just break him out of prison,” she replies.

Hector nods, he responds that Javier was once a high profile member of the Company. Once the Brown brothers were arrested, Hector explains, their role diminished. Certain members of the Company resented their replacements so the decided to break the brothers out of prison. But once back out on the street Javier, the remaining Brown brother, wanted a more powerful role in the Company.

Money earners, like Hector, resented Javier’s new more violent ways. They felt that it drew too much attention to the organization. With the collapse of the Playa Cartel, other factions within the Company endorsed increasing the violent ways. So there was a split within the Company, and the other side wanted to clean house.

Hector tells Maria that the Company had placed hits on the both her and Pedro. Maria, because she was linked to Javier’s escape, and was seen as week in a male-dominated organization. Pedro was also seen as weak, because of the raid on Ramon, and needed to be eliminated as well. The armed wing of the Company, controlled by Javier, would be looking for you in Mexico.

However, on the American side, Maria could thrive. She is an American citizen, and with Company training, she could be useful. Hector asks if you would work for him on the other side. He will keep you off the books if you agree to provide an annual income for his faction of the Company. With little other choice, Maria agrees.

With a sharp smile, Hector leads you out of the room. Outside, he opens a small tool shed for Maria. Hector removes a false floor, exposing a deep shaft. It leads to a tunnel several yards underground. Hector flips a switch, turning on he lights in the tunnel. He explains this tunnel leads to a sewer drain across the street.

Hector gives you directions to a new tunnel being constructed by the company. The sewer leads to the river, where a deeper tunnel leads across the border. It will soon be a drug smuggling tunnel, but is still under construction, and is highly unstable. One more bit of good news: it’s being guarded by the Javier faction of the Company.

Waving goodbye, Hector closes the false floor over your head. Maria makes her way down the narrow tunnel towards the sewer. Once there she follows Hector’s directions and finds the entrance to the border tunnel. Reminded of the danger, Maria takes no risks.

user posted image

Maria opens the door and tosses two grenades into the hole. They explode with a thunderous clap inside the confined tunnel. Maria quickly enters right after taking out any survivors. Unfortunately, the explosion destroyed one of the support beams, slowly causing the tunnel to collapse in on itself.

Weaving behind crates and spare lumber Maria shoots at the guards in the tunnel. With the walls coming down around her, Maria must hurry to the other side. She takes down one, then two, guards in a hail of gunfire. But any more explosions could cause the tunnel to collapse.

Three men guard the exit of the tunnel, all armed with shotguns. Hiding behind a stack of lumber Maria tries to pick them off one by one. But, from behind Maria, more guards pour into the tunnel. They rush down the path to take out the intruder. Maria needs to go right now.

She ends the last guard with shot to the head before leaping from behind cover. The exit to the tunnel is so close, but a number of guards are hot on her trail. With the tunnel collapsing Maria takes out one final grenade. She tosses it into the crowd and the guards scatter. The explosion takes out another support beam as Maria climbs the ladder.

Maria opens the exit as the tunnel collapses behind her. It covers the guards, and any hope of returning to Mexico, in a dusty puff. Maria looks around her new surrounding; it is an empty warehouse on the American side. The sign over the door reads: Happy Times Ice Cream Company. Maria follows the exit sign and opens the back door. There is a seedy motel two block away that Hector told her about, might make a nice safe house on this side of the border.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Members

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:49 AM

Major Update

New Mission, new side mission, new songs, new fingerless gloves...well maybe not that, but enjoy! And as always comments welcome.

Ice Cream, You Scream, We All Scream…

Maria wakes up in the room of a seedy motel. The cell phone is ringing, Hector is on the other line. After making sure Maria is ok, Hector asks her to meet someone back at the ice cream factory. The man’s name is Marcus and he is a high-level member of the OG Riders, a south-side gang. Hector wants you to meet up because he thinks that Marcus might have some work on that side of the border.

After changing, Maria heads outside her motel room. She is well aware of the hit squads that will be after her. That was why the Company originally chose her, because of her ability to blend in on the American side. The shady motel might be the last place any one would for her. Even still, it is no reason to let her guard down.

The parking lot is filled with hookers and pimps, defiantly not a vacation spot for the kids. The Ice Cream Factory is across the street. Maria decides to walk over, not wanting to attract any undue attention by stealing a car. The American side was defiantly different than Nuevo Vista. Even though it was more peaceful, danger lurked around every corner. It was likely that the police would have her file on record and be looking for her. Maria also knew that it was standard practice for The Company to contract gangs for hits on this side of the border. That’s why meeting this Marcus would be so important, cultivating contacts that might keep her alive.

In the parking lot of the ice cream factory Maria watches as a car pulls up. It is a customized luxury car that has a booming stereo and some hydraulic lifts. A short black man hops out of the car and walks up. He introduces himself as Marcus and asks if you know Hector. After a brief conversation, he unlocks the gate to the ice cream factory.

Marcus explains that the ice cream factory is just a front for a drug running operation. The Playa cartel controls the factory and the OG Riders are responsible for the distribution. The factory’s delivery trucks have a hidden compartment, allowing covert drops all over the city of Vista. Marcus tells you that one of his regular drivers was arrested by the police this morning. He needs someone reliable and you come highly recommended by Hector.

The mission is simple, the OG Riders are looking to expand into new territory. Marcus wants you to take one of the delivery vans and head into lucrative turf on the north side. This area is controlled by the 69th Street Ballers, one of the biggest gangs in Vista. It won’t be easy because gang members will be on the look out. Keep your time at each drop to a minimum and high tail it when the lead starts to fly. The police will become suspicious if they see a bullet ridden ice cream truck.

There are ten drops, at each drop you must service four customers. Attract their attention by signaling your horn, just make sure there are no police around to catch you. Each drop takes you deeper and deeper into Baller territory. After each drop there are more and more gang members after you. They will contact each other by cell phone if you hang around an area too long. Gunfire will attract the police, so the best thing would be to move quickly through each drop.

After the tenth drop, the Ballers will be on to you. They send several cars after the delivery van. You’ll need to get the van back to the factory in one piece. The cars are loaded with gunmen filling your van with lead. Once on the south side of town the Riders join the fight. Several different cars filled with gunmen blast at each other. Maria heads back to the factory as one of the Ballers cars explodes in a fireball. The sound of police sirens is the signal to get out of there quickly.

Once back at the factory Marcus is there to greet you. He likes the way Maria handled herself out there. If you want to do any more missions, just come back to the ice cream factory. Marcus gives Maria $4,000 and the keys to his low rider. You’ll need it to get around town, Marcus tells Maria, and that he will be in touch.

After the mission Maria gets a call from Hector. He tells you that he is doing his best to shield you from the faction of The Company that wants you dead, but it is not cheap. You will need to make a payment of $5,000 each week for protection. Of that $3,000 will go to Hector for his work on the other side of the border, and $2,000 will go to the Riders for expenses on the American side. Maria reluctantly agrees, she has more pressing issues at the moment.

Ever since Maria was kidnapped, she longed to return to her family. This may be her best opportunity. Because going to the police is out of the question, Maria decides to head directly to her parents house. As she arrives, Maria is on the lookout for any hit squads. The house looks deserted, no lights on, but the door is busted open. Maria frantically searches the home, but finds no one. Then, on the counter she finds a handwritten note. It reads simply: Javier wants to see you.

Side Missions

Ice Cream Delivery:

On the surface the Happy Times Ice Cream Company makes delicious ice cream for the citizens of Vista. However, it hides a dark secret, it is the largest drug delivery service south of the Mason Dixon. The company runs a fleet of ice cream trucks that dispense narcotics all over the city. After the mission I Scream, You Scream, We all Scream… you are allowed to work for the Happy Times Ice Cream Company.

There are ten drops you must make in each mission. Some are timed, others are not; some missions make you go to a certain location, others have you searching in a popular area for customers. The first mission usually has Maria going to a popular venue, like the mall or a concert, and searching for customers. You need to handle four customers, by signaling your horn, but watch out for the cops! Later missions can have a dealer calling for a re-up. You will need to go to a certain location, like a house or apartment complex, to drop off you packages. Be sure the dealer doesn’t rip you off and get away without damaging the van. Final missions involve selling on a rivals turf. Keep the customers happy without provoking the rival gangs.

The reward is $3,500 for each mission. After ten missions you can stock up at the ice cream factory, provided the van isn’t badly damaged. There are twenty missions total. After completion the ice cream factory gives you $2000 each week. Be sure to come back often to collect.

Rock Music

EDIT: this one wouldn't play for some reason...

Otherside
Red Hot Chili Peppers

Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Members

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:00 AM

Another month passes, so you know what that means?

Updated the front page, adding 2 new radio stations and also a TV section. Hopefully the media section is filling out now. Thinking about working on vehicles next. Playing Lost and Damned has me on a vehicle fix. I'm thinking of making Border Wars focused on trucks, like TLAD is focused on bikes. If anyone wants to help out on this let me know or PM me. And, as always, feedback welcome. icon14.gif

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

• Members

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:27 AM

This is good Spaghetti Cat, glad to see you updating it.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Members

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:35 AM

Thanks. I'm not on very frequently, and update this topic even less so. Seems like its getting to be every month or so. On these forums, its an eternity! Had to go 9 pages back to find it lol. Anyways, there should be enough there no to keep peoples attention. Last I checked it was like 40 hours of music, and that was a while ago. That's why I'm getting to the end of the radio section. Thinking about going with more vehicles, but it doesn't need to be list-y. IF any one wants to help out, PM me.

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

• Members

Posted 08 May 2010 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (Spaghetti Cat @ Apr 30 2010, 00:35)
Thanks. I'm not on very frequently, and update this topic even less so. Seems like its getting to be every month or so. On these forums, its an eternity! Had to go 9 pages back to find it lol. Anyways, there should be enough there no to keep peoples attention. Last I checked it was like 40 hours of music, and that was a while ago. That's why I'm getting to the end of the radio section. Thinking about going with more vehicles, but it doesn't need to be list-y. IF any one wants to help out, PM me.

Nobody seems to comment on this thread which is a shame.

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 May 2010 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (TommyMufc-Champs @ May 8 2010, 19:20)
Thanks.  I'm not on very frequently, and update this topic even less so.  Seems like its getting to be every month or so.  On these forums, its an eternity!  Had to go 9 pages back to find it lol.  Anyways, there should be enough there no to keep peoples attention.  Last I checked it was like 40 hours of music, and that was a while ago.  That's why I'm getting to the end of the radio section.  Thinking about going with more vehicles, but it doesn't need to be list-y.  IF any one wants to help out, PM me.

Yeah, it's a really great and unique topic. Not getting the credit it deserves.

I really like it. Great work Spaghetti Cat ! biggrin.gif icon14.gif

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

• Members

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (SmC12 @ May 8 2010, 19:59)
QUOTE (TommyMufc-Champs @ May 8 2010, 19:20)
Thanks.  I'm not on very frequently, and update this topic even less so.  Seems like its getting to be every month or so.  On these forums, its an eternity!  Had to go 9 pages back to find it lol.  Anyways, there should be enough there no to keep peoples attention.  Last I checked it was like 40 hours of music, and that was a while ago.  That's why I'm getting to the end of the radio section.  Thinking about going with more vehicles, but it doesn't need to be list-y.  IF any one wants to help out, PM me.

Yeah, it's a really great and unique topic. Not getting the credit it deserves.

I really like it. Great work Spaghetti Cat ! biggrin.gif icon14.gif

Definitely one of my favourite thread.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Members

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:26 AM

Thanks guys, it's comments like that keeps this thread going for me. blush.gif

I'll try and update soon, but feel free to comment or suggest things you'd like to see icon14.gif

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

• Members

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:28 AM

I think your logo would look better if it didn't have them pics in the 'GRAND THEFT AUTO' just a little pick out. Not much i can suggest to improve on really.

Mercanary1996
  • Mercanary1996

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:40 PM

Alright I like the idea except for one thing. A female protagonist must be changed. It can prove that women are capable of causing equal amounts of destruction like a man can but the GTA prostitution that has existed since the very begining will have to be halted. Players may be disappointed that the protagonist of the game can't pick up hookers and that has been a long lasting feature in GTA. Other than that, your story and organization is very convincing that you know what makes a great GTA game.

AnthMUFC-Champs
  • AnthMUFC-Champs

MUFC-CHAMPS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (Mercanary1996 @ May 16 2010, 17:40)
Alright I like the idea except for one thing. A female protagonist must be changed. It can prove that women are capable of causing equal amounts of destruction like a man can but the GTA prostitution that has existed since the very begining will have to be halted. Players may be disappointed that the protagonist of the game can't pick up hookers and that has been a long lasting feature in GTA. Other than that, your story and organization is very convincing that you know what makes a great GTA game.

Does that matter also she is maybe a lesbian? biggrin.gif wink.gif moto_whistle.gif

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Members

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:01 PM

Hey, let's not go that far buddy! lol.gif

Hard enough for ppl to read a topic that has a chick in it. notify.gif

I guess I should do a side mission for the ladies of the night. I deal with this a lil, basically the girls will give you health (medicine) instead of a hand jimmy. You would do a few escort/pimp missions like in SA (loved that pimp car) then get the reward. Kinda like calling up Carmen in IV and getting a health boost. TBH the last time i messed with the hoes was in VIce City. Easy way to make money, but virtual porn was never my thing. I'll try to come up with something in the future on this, but it's kinda like the outfits topic, the less I say about it the better IMO.

@ tommy: I'll ask Narcis if he wants to do another. I've seen one he made later, but I lost the link. Wanted to do some graphical updates anyways, but I don't go on the GFX boards much...I'll have to post a request and see if anyone is interested.

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

• Members

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:28 PM

What about a map?

GTA IV Roleplay
  • GTA IV Roleplay

Tottenham Hotspur FC. Established 1882

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 May 2010 - 06:49 AM

Erm, the helicopter's called a Sparrow - the one that was in Vice City rolleyes.gif

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

• Members

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (GTA IV Roleplay @ May 18 2010, 06:49)
Erm, the helicopter's called a Sparrow - the one that was in Vice City rolleyes.gif

What? is this referring to my post by any chance

GTA IV Roleplay
  • GTA IV Roleplay

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (TommyMufc-Champs @ May 18 2010, 15:03)
Erm, the helicopter's called a Sparrow - the one that was in Vice City  rolleyes.gif

The topic has the airborne vehicles, and he has one un-named, but it says it was in GTA Vice City, and the picture is similar to the helicopter: Sparrow.

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

• Members

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE (GTA IV Roleplay @ May 18 2010, 15:23)
Erm, the helicopter's called a Sparrow - the one that was in Vice City  rolleyes.gif

The topic has the airborne vehicles, and he has one un-named, but it says it was in GTA Vice City, and the picture is similar to the helicopter: Sparrow.

Or ok wink.gif

Hey cat what a map????

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Members

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE (GTA IV Roleplay @ May 18 2010, 10:23)

Fixed! Thanks icon14.gif

Anymore I need to fill in just let me know smile.gif

@ tommy: Yeah I need a map badly. Though I did update the logo! (not really me it was Narcis lol)

GTA IV Roleplay
  • GTA IV Roleplay

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:17 AM

When making the map, try and get the river to stand out as much as it can, down the center of it.

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

• Members

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:21 AM

QUOTE (Spaghetti Cat @ May 18 2010, 23:58)
QUOTE (GTA IV Roleplay @ May 18 2010, 10:23)

@ tommy: Yeah I need a map badly. Though I did update the logo! (not really me it was Narcis lol)

Cool, nice logo cool.gif

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:53 PM

Sounds like an interesting concept! The Southwestern USA/Mexican border has always been a favourite setting of mine. I would of included a few more cities on either side though, to try and get a wider view of the US-Mexican border. Places like Tijuana, Phoenix and maybe San Deigo would allow for a greater number of characters, missions and gangs.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not badmouthing your topic. You've put a lot of work into it, it looks great!

I can really imagine Maria being a tomboy character. A real rough-and-tumble sort of girl! I think Michelle Rodriguez would make a perfect base for the character:

user posted image

GTA IV Roleplay
  • GTA IV Roleplay

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:18 PM

Oooft, Michelle Rodriguez, and her leather pants. Sexy-time! sneaky2.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users