*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE (Gezim @ Dec 9 2010, 22:50)
Why is this page all f*cked up for me?

I think Barry Spocks coding f*cked it up.

Xo4
  • Xo4

The Lunatic is in My Head.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:52 AM

I'm having a sh*t ton of trouble with the Historic car and Gran Turismo All stars races(more on the historic one) in the expert category.

Barry Spock
  • Barry Spock

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE (*MURDOC* @ Dec 10 2010, 03:54)
QUOTE (Gezim @ Dec 9 2010, 22:50)
Why is this page all f*cked up for me?

I think Barry Spocks coding f*cked it up.

Oops. Fixed.

Dallasa
  • Dallasa

Infidel

• Members

Posted 10 December 2010 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (Blackout? @ Dec 10 2010, 02:52)
I'm having a sh*t ton of trouble with the Historic car and Gran Turismo All stars races(more on the historic one) in the expert category.

You've got three options for the Historic Car Cup: Either acquire a Lamborghini Countach and max it out, buy a Camaro and race modify it, or if you're far enough in B-spec get Bob to win you the Toyota 7 from "Like the Wind". The Toyota's by far the easiest to win with, but then again I'm apparently not a terribly excellent driver and the others can work well enough. tounge.gif

The All Stars race is pretty easy though. Buy a Corvette ZR1, race modify it, and either try to win with that or take it to "Like the Wind" in A-spec and win a Minolta. Then dominate.

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:54 PM

What the f*ck, Bob? The f*cker keeps pitting in each time he screws the corner at Cape Ring. Even though he's thirty meters away from the entrance, and is more than able to turn back to the circuit.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:07 PM

So... Has somebody already brought up "the birthday trick" in here or do I get to be the awesome bringer of good news? (for once)

JostVice
  • JostVice

realtime, not prerendered

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:02 PM

i have heard the birthday thing but i don't want to use it... it is cool that they give you a car on your birthday, but exploting that... meh.

also, do not want to create any forza vs gt war here or something but look at this

ptiko
  • ptiko

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:19 PM

user posted image

also, f*ck the ai

user posted image

Gezim
  • Gezim

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:32 PM

Just some of my cars.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Man it's f*cking annoying having to level up to do new races. I mean, it wouldn't be so bad if it didn't take forever. And as if I really need the "experience," to move further up the levels. Most of the races in A-spec, even on the Extreme Series, are piss easy. The AI is so weak.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (Jost_Vice @ Dec 10 2010, 19:02)
i have heard the birthday thing but i don't want to use it... it is cool that they give you a car on your birthday, but exploting that... meh.

Ok I can respect that man. icon14.gif

ptiko
  • ptiko

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:42 AM

user posted image

This car is awesome

Gezim
  • Gezim

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:45 AM

PM me if you want to be added to the list on the front page.

Dallasa
  • Dallasa

Infidel

• Members

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:29 AM

I've been naughty. I had 4+ million credits that I had been saving up solely for the purchase of a Formula GT once I reach level 24.... And I just blew pretty much all of it on random cars from the used car lot, most of which I'm never going to drive even once. I just couldn't help myself!!!

Oh well, managed to snag myself a lovely Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo in the spending spree; that was a necessary buy because it could be weeks before it shows up in the lot again.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:44 AM

On the lookout for a Lotus Carlton.

Havent seen one yet.

Also waiting on the Silverado SST Concept to show up again.

ptiko
  • ptiko

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE (Gezim @ Dec 11 2010, 00:45)

Already there if you're on about me!

user posted image

My dad's 500bhp Skyline

Pancho the great
  • Pancho the great

Hang the DJ!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (*MURDOC* @ Dec 11 2010, 04:44)
On the lookout for a Lotus Carlton.

Havent seen one yet.

Also waiting on the Silverado SST Concept to show up again.

My pal had a lotus carlton in real life. It was a f*cking monster. Sadly it was stolen about 3 years ago though sad.gif

VCSA
  • VCSA

Gostown6

• Members

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:44 PM

I have a spare Lotus Carlton, was looking to trade it with someone. I also have a spare AMUSE Carbon R. If anyone wants to trade then PM, I'm not looking for anything big anyway.

ChanandlerBong
  • ChanandlerBong

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:43 PM

SO I think I've been playing this game long enough to give an opinion;

meh.

It's good but nothing like what I expected, the AI are stupid, the interface is so badly designed it makes everything else seem worse, the championships are ridiculous because to restart there is around 14million buttons just to exit to the menu and start again, the load times are awful, when you're browsing through cars the console is constantly accessing the hard drive which makes the models take rather a while to load, the premium/standard system is monumentally stupid, the physics are great yes, but they're no better than Forza.

Basically, what the hell have they been doing for 6 years? Seriously. It wasn't designing the interface. It wasn't making tons of tracks. It wasn't finding out what consumers want. From what I can see they were busy modelling Skylines and only 200 new cars.

People are constantly saying that we should be grateful for those 800 cars. I don't get this, no one said there HAS to be 1000 cars. They could have made 500 premiums that are slightly less detailed than at the minute and I think that would have been a much better solution than this curious system we have now.

The prices are also absolutely borked, I mean some of the premium cars cost ridiculous amounts for all they are, same goes for the standard ones actually. Tuning is monstrously expensive, 20000 for basically anti roll bars? Not good. Not good at all.

I've basically just mentioned what I see to be the bad points of this game as if you're in this topic you know exactly all the great points of this game and there are many. Overall, I prefer Forza to be honest, but this is still an amazing game.

Dallasa
  • Dallasa

Infidel

• Members

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:49 PM Edited by Dallasa, 11 December 2010 - 07:56 PM.

QUOTE (ChanandlerBong @ Dec 11 2010, 13:43)
...the championships are ridiculous because to restart there is around 14million buttons just to exit to the menu and start again... The prices are also absolutely borked....

f*ck, these two things, x1000. I don't understand why we have to quit out of the race and back to the f*cking menu just to restart a race. It makes difficult races that require many restarts extremely tedious, not to mention making grinding both longer and more boring than it should be. I just don't understand it.

And my main gripe with the pricing is with the used car lot and the resale value of cars. Many of the cars in the used lot are stupidly over-priced. I've seen cars in there selling for 40,000+ credits when in real life, you'd find them easily for only a couple thousand dollars (comparatively speaking; I realize that credits don't necessarily translate into real-world currency). It's a f*cking USED car lot, not a new car lot, and evidently PD doesn't understand that. As for the resale value, it's just a pile of sh*t. PD means to tell me that my 500,000+ credit supercar is instantly worth only 20,000 credits the moment I purchase it, not having even stepped inside the damn thing once? f*ck you, that's all.

/rage

ChanandlerBong
  • ChanandlerBong

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (Dallasa @ Dec 11 2010, 19:49)
QUOTE (ChanandlerBong @ Dec 11 2010, 13:43)
...the championships are ridiculous because to restart there is around 14million buttons just to exit to the menu and start again... The prices are also absolutely borked....

f*ck, these two things, x1000. I don't understand why we have to quit out of the race and back to the f*cking menu just to restart a race. It makes difficult races that require many restarts extremely tedious, not to mention making grinding both longer and more boring than it should be. I just don't understand it.

And my main gripe with the pricing is with the used car lot and the resale value of cars. Many of the cars in the used lot are stupidly over-priced. I've seen cars in there selling for 40,000+ credits when in real life, you'd find them easily for only a couple thousand dollars. It's a f*cking USED car lot, not a new car lot, and evidently PD doesn't understand that. As for the resale value, it's just a pile of sh*t. PD means to tell me that my 500,000+ credit supercar is instantly worth only 20,000 credits the moment I purchase it, not having even stepped inside the damn thing once? f*ck you, that's all.

/rage

I could not agree more with the resale value point. They seem completely random, you pay 25k for a car then maybe another 10k tuning or whatever and it's still only worth 10k to sell on? Seriously, who thought this was a good idea? The cars seem to be worth less on resale the more they cost which just infuriates me more. I spent about 280k on a Ferrari 458 and then probably another 100k tuning it...the game is telling me it's worth 84k. What. The. Hell.

This is especially worse in those races where there's only one event to do and you have to buy a car that you don't already have, it makes it almost impossible to make any sort of profit on them. suicidal.gif

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (Ptikobj @ Dec 11 2010, 14:26)
QUOTE (Gezim @ Dec 11 2010, 00:45)

Already there if you're on about me!

user posted image

My dad's 500bhp Skyline

Are those Porsches (or Rufs) premium cars? They look great.

VCSA
  • VCSA

Gostown6

• Members

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:27 PM

No, they're standard cars. There is a big debate over if they should be in it or not. Personally I'm glad they are, yeah I probably would have been less drawn to the game if there were just premium models, not everyone will agree though. I find the damage tedious, its bad on either type of car. But I don't play GT for damage, just appreciate that the game seems the best physics and sounds wise it ever has. Hope there will be some addons for more events or something in time though.

Gezim
  • Gezim

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:55 PM

This game is really starting to get boring. A-spec is like 90% done. But I don't feel like doing the same race 50 million times just to level up once for new races. And then there is the lacking of cars I need for some races that cost millions of dollars to buy. I can't be bothered with Special Events and doing the licenses is like a chore for me. B-spec is retardedly boring. And I always knew it would be. So there is really nothing else left for me to do that I have some interest in, besides buying some new cars for the hell of it. I'm not into the online either.

Oh and I completely agree on the interface. It's actually probably the worst I've ever seen in a video game. I've said it before, why I have to go all the way back to my garage from Photo Travel just to change my car is beyond me. The incredibly long load times don't help either.

HenningM92
  • HenningM92

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 12 December 2010 - 12:02 AM

My new Audi RS 6.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Tommy-Vercetti19
  • Tommy-Vercetti19

Sure, Grand, No Probs

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2010 - 12:17 AM

That last one looks real!

ptiko
  • ptiko

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2010 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (Tommy-Vercetti19 @ Dec 12 2010, 00:17)
That last one looks real!

Agreed. Looks nice!

Dallasa
  • Dallasa

Infidel

• Members

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:27 AM

So I decided this morning that I wanted to give online a shot, but the servers were down for maintenance.... And they're still down for "maintenance" 12 hours later. What the f*ck kind of maintenance takes 12 hours? Typical PD.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2010 - 07:40 AM

Bought some impulse buy cars today and last night form the used lot, A first Gen. Tiburon (only 9k, and it performs well for a Hyundai), Lupo Cup Car used it to win the Lupo race, RUF CTR-2 man I spent 200k on this, and I don't regret it painted it black to mimic the Blackbird from Wangan Midnight, and I also bought the 512BB from the Ferrari dealer ship, and then did the classic super cars race, I love that car, I wanted to keep it stock but I had to mod it so it'd keep up with the newer Ferraris in the Ferrari race.

Soon I hope to have some pics uploaded.

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 12 December 2010 - 12:14 PM Edited by Canoxa, 12 December 2010 - 12:50 PM.

QUOTE (Gezim @ Dec 11 2010, 22:55)
Oh and I completely agree on the interface. It's actually probably the worst I've ever seen in a video game. I've said it before, why I have to go all the way back to my garage from Photo Travel just to change my car is beyond me. The incredibly long load times don't help either.

Huh? There's a garage icon right in the Photo Travel selection menu. And the interface is beautiful, I don't get most of the gripes.

Snagged a Tommy Kaira ZZII, a Catherham, and the RUF BTR.

People are constantly saying that we should be grateful for those 800 cars. I don't get this, no one said there HAS to be 1000 cars. They could have made 500 premiums that are slightly less detailed than at the minute and I think that would have been a much better solution than this curious system we have now.

The prices are also absolutely borked, I mean some of the premium cars cost ridiculous amounts for all they are, same goes for the standard ones actually. Tuning is monstrously expensive, 20000 for basically anti roll bars? Not good. Not good at all.

Why? Because of Kazunori's standards, that's why. He wanted to create models so great that he pushed too far. We got an apology and a warning at least a year before. But yeah, f*ck him for trying to please. If anyone said something equivalent about my music, I'd tell them to f*ck off.

Next year I'll the joining the labour world in the field of art (specifically music), and more and more I believe of the necessity for elitism in the fields of high art, very much away from pop art and consumer-oriented products. Ffs, Gez, it's fair that you don't like the Special Events and the Licenses, but you're stripped of all right to complain from the get-go if the game offers you those mechanisms to level up. I'm not claiming the game is art, I'm comparing it to art. Yes, it's a business, but we're lucky to be heard. Still, gamers need to realize it's not all about us, and there's a labour of love behind all of this.

Regarding the tuning, go to your local mechanic. Ask him to budget you on roll bars and the human resources required to take out the engine and rework the suspension.

ptiko
  • ptiko

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2010 - 12:19 PM

Has anyone got a supercar they could let me have for a day or two?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users