Photo

Sig size

7 replies to this topic
Mista.
  • Mista.

m'I stA

• Members

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:04 PM

Please increase max size of sigs to 150-200kb. Nobody uses 56k internet anymore.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:31 PM

I believe this was brought up before. But I agree, the allowed file size should be increased to at least 120kb.

Also, there should be some sort of limitation on avatar size. I really don't wish to keep loading avatars of the size 2-3 MB or even more.

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:41 PM

Signatures are bloody massive as it is, I don't think there needs to be any size increase. No signature is that good or important enough to warrant any more space.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (Masterkraft @ Aug 18 2009, 00:11)
Signatures are bloody massive as it is, I don't think there needs to be any size increase. No signature is that good or important enough to warrant any more space.

OP's talking about file size, not dimensions.
If your interpretation was the same, then sorry, I misunderstood.

The dimensions should not be changed; 500x150 is absolutely fine. But to fit an image or multiple images within 80 kb becomes a little tedious sometimes..

The reason I think the allowed file size should be increased is because we already allow ridiculous file sizes for avatars that go in the range of a few MBs. Why not put a limitation on avatar file sizes and increase the sig file size by a little? 120 kb would do fine, me thinks.

Sweets
  • Sweets

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci Racing
  • Unknown

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:16 PM

I think we should leave sig limits as they are and bring back the 80KB avatar limit. I see no good reason for removing the limit on avatars in the first place, besides making it so the staff had one less thing to do.

I mean it's pretty stupid that there's a 80KB limit on sigs, when some people have avatars in the thousands of KBs.

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ Aug 17 2009, 19:46)
QUOTE (Masterkraft @ Aug 18 2009, 00:11)

OP's talking about file size, not dimensions.
If your interpretation was the same, then sorry, I misunderstood.

Ah, no, that's me that's got the wrong end of the stick, though my point could still stand I suppose. There's many ways of reducing the file-size of a signature and I've seen some amazing images on the forums as it is.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:41 PM

Yeah, it's possible to fit a single image within 80 kb, but people like me who have multiple images might have a little trouble fitting them all within the limit. I mean, surely, increasing it by another 40 kb (or even 20 kb) wouldn't hurt and make a few people happy too. At the same time, capping the avatar size would be beneficial as a 64x64 image need not have much detail anyways. A little bit of that amount capped could be donated to signatures.

Mista.
  • Mista.

m'I stA

• Members

Posted 17 August 2009 - 10:00 PM

C'mon that isn't so hard to just let us do 20-40 kb bigger sigs. We dont ask you to let us to do ...-1mb sigs.

BTW: Have to agree with some other people some avatars are really massive!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users