• NemonicLee

Golden Ninja Warrior

• Members

Posted 19 October 2009 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (zixer @ Oct 18 2009, 05:01)
what does this mean

"...∆....................... into Swiping Fist"

The ...(triangle) ?

Triangle is a button on the PS3 controller. It is equivalent to the Y on the Xbox 360 controller or the enter car button in GTA IV.

O,∆,∆,∆ is the combo you are thinking of. I put extra button combinations below the original combo so I don't have to cut and paste redundant information onto the next line.

NemonicLee
  • NemonicLee

Golden Ninja Warrior

• Members

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:54 PM Edited by NemonicLee, 29 October 2009 - 10:09 PM.

Several Knife attacks have been added and modified as I have found out what made them work. Distance is the key to making the attacks you want to use work.

A phenomenon I discovered during several testing sessions is a fatal, critical strike like aspect of attacking your enemies. Some pedestrians will die with only one strike to them. It can be used in Party Mode and Freestyle Mode. Additional testing may determine whether this can be used in other modes against human players. Whether this is a result of a glitch or is completely intentional on R* part is also to be seen. colgate.gif (There is also the possibility the peds got injured before they started fighting me.)

I also renamed some moves so we can differentiate the attacks better.

NemonicLee
  • NemonicLee

Golden Ninja Warrior

• Members

Posted 02 November 2009 - 10:04 PM Edited by NemonicLee, 06 November 2009 - 10:43 PM.

Well, you guys, it was a fun run. The list is virtually done for the core version of GTA IV.

Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif ph34r.gif cool.gif alien.gif music.gif xmas.gif

My final thanks goes to rahkstar2.gif for making a f*cking awesome game!

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Members

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:17 AM

Will this list work for Luis and Johnny or are their moves different?

NemonicLee
  • NemonicLee

Golden Ninja Warrior

• Members

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE (RARusk @ Nov 4 2009, 01:17)

That is a good question, and one I won't be able to answer unless I rented an X360 and a copy of the games.

I don't see why rahkstar2.gif would want to change up their characters' moves, unless they were being updated.

Purplish
  • Purplish

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2009 - 05:53 AM

QUOTE (NemonicLee @ Nov 2 2009, 22:04)
Well, you guys, it was a fun run. The list is virtually done and and the only attack that is not on the list is one reversal attack I can't seem to find:

At 0:52 of the video, this guy made Niko do a counter attack I have never seen before from a dodge. I PM'ed the guy but he has not responded. sad.gif

If any of you guys know how to do it, it would complete the list. Only one move from completion... NOOOOOOOO lol.gif

I'm pretty sure he missed his counter attack and used a normal punch to kill the guy as he had only 1 bar of health left.

botobotosouksouk
  • botobotosouksouk

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE (RARusk @ Nov 4 2009, 04:17)

The counters between the three protagonists are exactly the same.

NemonicLee
  • NemonicLee

Golden Ninja Warrior

• Members

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (Purplish @ Nov 5 2009, 02:53)
I'm pretty sure he missed his counter attack and used a normal punch to kill the guy as he had only 1 bar of health left.

Yeah, I just recently found out that it was just the Lung Crusher punch. (A close right punch)

NemonicLee
  • NemonicLee

Golden Ninja Warrior

• Members

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:53 AM

How interesting; I never knew you could zoom in on an enemy when you have no weapons loaded.

SeraphimSoldier
  • SeraphimSoldier

Punishing Criminals

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2009 - 07:06 AM

^Me neither, lulz. Well, I do know wink.gif

SeraphimSoldier
  • SeraphimSoldier

Punishing Criminals

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:23 PM

I'm not sure if this move is in the move list or not, but if your enemy has a knife and you have a bat; and if you reverse the attack when they try to stab you, Niko will hit the person with the tip of the bat and swing the bat upwards in their face (I haven't tried it when both of you have knifes).

stormchaser
  • stormchaser

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2009 - 06:49 AM

This is awesome as i too never knew this.I need to try these now.
On the Xbox controller when you say also press right or left or up or down i take it thats on the d pad is it?
EG: A to block then B+Right does that mean press B and right at the same time or one after the other?
Sorry about these questions but very curious now smile.gif

Nipper
  • Nipper

Beware the 'stache

• Members
  • Bolivia

Posted 19 December 2009 - 05:17 PM

I assume it means push the movement stick to the direction stated. smile.gif

Sorry for vague description. Hope you understand.

I never knew this either! Amazing how much there is in this game that many many people probably haven't even discovered yet! wow.gif

MaT7eY
  • MaT7eY

S.R.I.

• Members

Posted 21 December 2009 - 03:13 PM

Thanks a lot man , never knew Niko can move like that ! I wonder why Rockstar didn't make a tutorial.

stormchaser
  • stormchaser

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:31 PM

I don,t know about anyone else but i have tried these combos and none of it works at all.i even tried all other possible combos and nothing different either.
If you go into the games options menu under controller it doesn,t even list these moves under classic or standard controller configurations so i don,t think they exist.
Nothing with Niko,Luis or Johnny?? strange...........

NemonicLee
  • NemonicLee

Golden Ninja Warrior

• Members

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:04 AM

QUOTE (stormchaser @ Dec 23 2009, 19:31)
I don,t know about anyone else but i have tried these combos and none of it works at all.i even tried all other possible combos and nothing different either.
If you go into the games options menu under controller it doesn,t even list these moves under classic or standard controller configurations so i don,t think they exist.
Nothing with Niko,Luis or Johnny?? strange...........

Remember, the camera angle is critical to getting the reversal attacks to come out correctly. For example, if your character's back is facing you, you have to press left+triangle to get the Final Clock.

NemonicLee
  • NemonicLee

Golden Ninja Warrior

• Members

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:08 AM

oy, folks. i've discovered yet even more attacks: auto-push attacks

NemonicLee
  • NemonicLee

Golden Ninja Warrior

• Members

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:54 PM

woo, I'm sorry about this folks. The movelist has been corrected and should be legible on a PC by now. I won't be editing via the PS3 console browser anymore. tounge.gif

I also included a legend at the end of the movelist for you xbox users.

NemonicLee
  • NemonicLee

Golden Ninja Warrior

• Members

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:21 AM

QUOTE (NemonicLee @ Apr 2 2010, 18:54)
woo, I'm sorry about this folks. The movelist has been corrected and should be legible on a PC by now. I won't be editing via the PS3 console browser anymore. tounge.gif

I also included a legend at the end of the movelist for you xbox users.

Movelist corrected... again. I have to quit using my PS3 to surf online. suicidal.gif

imphranki
  • imphranki

Arms

• Members

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:28 AM

Great list. I always thought the counters were random, now I can do counters all day. My favorite was the knee finisher, but now that I see there's a 4 hit punch finisher, I'm gonna try that. =)

NemonicLee
  • NemonicLee

Golden Ninja Warrior

• Members

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:38 AM Edited by NemonicLee, 15 July 2010 - 01:02 AM.

Awesome news and bad news:

Awesome news: I got the Episodes from Liberty City! WOOt!!

Bad news: Well, as it turns out folks, the attacks have changed in the Ballad of Gay Tony. Whether R* did any adjustments in TLAD, I will soon find out later. In any case, I will be making two completely new movelists for Johnny and Luis's own variations of the Krav Maga fighting style. I will post links in my signature so that you will be able to find them again later.

As it turns out, R* did change the animations around, though no actual moves were added or deleted. My bad! suicidal.gif

NemonicLee
  • NemonicLee

Golden Ninja Warrior

• Members

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:11 AM

Also, another fun thing to do offline:

Attack, but do not kill, both of the guards in front of the Perestroika club (you might also have to attack some people inside the club, too). Then go immediately to the marker inside to start a show. After you watch a complete show, you should see some Russian ruffians sitting or standing around you.

"You! What are you doing here?" ph34r.gif

If you do not get out of the club quickly, they will begin to assault you with fists, knives, and guns!

NemonicLee
  • NemonicLee

Golden Ninja Warrior

• Members

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:31 PM

Oy, another great discovery! Fighting people just got easier; hold down the target button and press select to change the camera angle to a fixed spot between the fighters. Basically in this new camera angle, the camera will show you and the person you are targeting in a fighting-game side-scrolling style camera angle. It makes doing reversal attacks a lot easier. smile.gif

epifanio69
  • epifanio69

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:42 AM

hello i kept my eyes on this thread for a while and its interesting..

did you guys know you can hit people with fire arms ??

you can crack them on the back of the head with any fire arm

this also works on their face and while they are getting up

doubt anyone will read this tho...

Dollarhide
  • Dollarhide

Original Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

Pedestrians have ability for critical/fatal attacks also.

Yesterday, I witnessed an incident in front of Homebrew cafe. A taxi hit a dude crossing the street. The dude got  up and pulled taxi driver out of his vehicle. Fight started. Cab driver got some punches in, while the other guy delivered one blow to his kidney and another to temple. Taxi driver got knocked out with these two punches. It was a WTF sight for me. Especially when pedestrian fights usually last for a long time.

dodeca
  • dodeca

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

Lamenting this nice fistfight system having been hacked down to bare minimum in favor of shiny graphics in gta5.

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:06 PM

Lol, I had no idea that it was this many strike combos in this game. I'm going to have to go back and try these.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users