» «
Photo

GTAVC Admin Console

3 replies to this topic
aragond
  • aragond

We are the Aragond. We will bury you.

• Members

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:18 AM Edited by aragond, 15 August 2009 - 11:28 AM.

I'm going back and playing old version of GTA again for the hellovit.
I've downloaded the GTAVC Admin Console.
Now, when I run it, it starts fine, starts initializing, handshaking, synchronizing, and then announces it is online, but that "No Game in progress" when, actually, there is.
I know it's been asked a million times before, but our archives are apparently incomplete (I get no hits in search).

Anyone remember why this should be the case?
Got any suggestions?

NM: version in console config. blush.gif All these years I've had the game, I truly thought I was on v1.0

Alright, can I ask this question instead?

Why, when I start a game does it steadfastly REFUSE to allow me to have any other resolution than 1650 x 1050 x 16, while my machine and the preference I set when I started the game was for 1920 x 1200 x 32??

And, f**k-a-duck, can I please move this topic to the PC section, now? I guess it doesn't belong in the tricks no more.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:52 PM

Moved to troubleshooting...

when you start up, you should be allowed to change it... before loading up your save...if not...

Have you tried deleting your gta.set file ..... should be under gta user files under my documents (with your saves)....

THis will reset the native resolution to 640x480-- before loading up a save, go into settings and change your resolution...

aragond
  • aragond

We are the Aragond. We will bury you.

• Members

Posted 18 August 2009 - 07:59 AM

Actually, I'm re-issuing this:

I'm going back and playing old version of GTA again for the hellovit.
I've downloaded the GTAVC Admin Console.
Now, when I run it, it starts fine, starts initializing, handshaking, synchronizing, and then announces it is online, but that "No Game in progress" when, actually, there is.
I know it's been asked a million times before, but our archives are apparently incomplete (I get no hits in search).
Alright, that was the version.

Now, when I run it -- and I cannot understand why 'cuz I haven't changed anything -- it freezes VC. The game runs fine, but it freezes it, but somehow fails to crash it, so because it's taken over DirectX, DirectX takes over my machine... eh, what I mean is that it freezes, and when I alt+tab back to windows, the screen won't display applications, I'll be lucky to get the taskbar or start menu, and though I can cycle through the applications running, and start new ones, I cannot see any of them, just my empty desktop background. I can Ctrl+alt+del but I cannot kill the application because I cannot see a mouse cursor. Which means the only way of breaking out of this is to shutdown.

Anyone remember why this should be the case?
Got any suggestions?

Heihachi_73
  • Heihachi_73

Hey! My cab!!

• Members

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:35 PM

Actually, you can get your desktop back without rebooting by running the command prompt and switching into full screen mode and back (alt+enter).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users