Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Chain Game V2 47th Round (with Mutant Bikes)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
154 replies to this topic
OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2009 - 06:38 PM Edited by OrionSR, 06 September 2009 - 06:40 PM.

Yes. But we shouldn't confuse courtesy with "ripped" off. Personally, I'm quite pleased that the Chain Game idea has been so successful. 48 rounds in San Andreas (if we count the original game played on GameFAQs) and now it has propagated to Vice City. There is even discussion of implementing it on GTA IV. I think I read somewhere that the Chain Game has migrated to another language/site/country. As far as ideas go, the Chain Game has been very successful. Of course, a great deal of credit must go to JAJ. Without his masterful hosting of the topic I'm sure the Chain Game would have died out a long time ago.

Again, seeking permission is not necessary, but I agree; seeking advice on implementing a Chain Game for Vice City would have been a good idea. If nothing else, the new topic may not have received as much of a negative reaction. I suggest we drop all this nonsense and support the topic as best we can. After all, it took JAJ a dozen or so rounds before he added credit for the idea. Why should we expect more from a new host?

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 06 September 2009 - 07:13 PM

I have no problem with it. As it is, the VC areas do not fall under my jurisdiction and I'm not stopping him at all. Besides, since it's your original idea and since you have no problem with it, it's not my business to interfere. Just that JAJ asked me whether it could fall under 'ripping' and I thought it did because I was under the impression that the whole Chain Game concept belonged to JAJ and so, permission and credit was due where necessary. But since that is not the case anymore, I'm fine with it. smile.gif

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE (girishb @ Sep 7 2009, 05:13)
I have no problem with it. As it is, the VC areas do not fall under my jurisdiction and I'm not stopping him at all. Besides, since it's your original idea and since you have no problem with it, it's not my business to interfere. Just that JAJ asked me whether it could fall under 'ripping' and I thought it did because I was under the impression that the whole Chain Game concept belonged to JAJ and so, permission and credit was due where necessary. But since that is not the case anymore, I'm fine with it. smile.gif

Then why did you make such a big deal about it in the first place? As much work as JAJ and the gang have put into this, remember that there is no copyright and in the end there is no law on the Forums regarding courtesy and what one shall do, it's their own choice. I mean, I know the problem is resolved and everything, I just think your reaction was a bit too aggresive, but, I'm not here to start an argument or anything, I'm just stating my opinion on the matter, so I'm not trying to be a sad sack towards you or anything girish. smile.gif

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:35 PM

Look, both JAJ and rubregg asked me about it and it seemed to me that JAJ wasn't happy about someone ripping off the SA Chain Game. As I said, I was already under the impression that JAJ was the sole author of the game and it was he who called the shots on whether or not it should be replicated elsewhere. Him PMing me about it was enough for me to assume that NTAuthority shouldn't have started a VC game without his permission and hence, my reaction.

Btw, of all people, I think you know how this works because if I remember correctly, you weren't happy either when someone started a WOWAI topic in the IV forums without your permission.

And I'm sorry if my reaction came across as aggressive, but it was clearly circumstantial. Since the circumstances are no longer the same, I say we put this particular issue to rest.

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:07 PM

<Here's a link to the next Round>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users