Your Favorite Cartoons

32 replies to this topic
ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:45 PM

Talk and discuss about your favorite Cartoons.

I am a big fan of Ed Edd n Eddy. I loved it as a little kid and I still do as a teenager.

philster_12
  • philster_12

to blame for now!

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:39 AM

when i was a kid i used to like Daffy Duck

livejoker
  • livejoker

I'm Herbert Moooooooon!

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:48 AM

Every morning (when I feel like waking up at 8 am), during each summer; I turn on the t.v, go in the kitchen to make myself 4 peanut butter toasts with a nesquik-filled glass of milk and watch the Bugs Bunny & Tweety Show. I know i'm not a kid......but......memories inlove.gif .

Dag26
  • Dag26

þetta er ágætis byrjun

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:29 AM

Family guys one of my favourites.

Bigs
  • Bigs

OG

• Members

Posted 12 August 2009 - 05:10 PM

Childhood and the younger years:

Hey Arnold!
Rocko's Modern Life
Doug
Inspector Gadget
Angry Beavers
Rugrats
Johnny Bravo
etc.

These days (although I'm not sure 'cartoon' is the right word):
King of the Hill
Family Guy
Simpsons

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2009 - 06:46 PM

Ren & Stimpy, is hands down the greatest cartoon. It completely changes cartoons. Nowadays all we see are cartoons that do stupid random sh*t to get laughs. Of course Ren & Stimpy's first season was deeper than that. John K. tried to make it for adults. So he made jokes and anecdotes for adults, children or immature minds didn't get it, and so they laughed anyway because they thought it was random. Then Nickelodeon fired John K. from his own cartoon, and the show went down hill from there. It wasn't bad after him and Spumco left, but it sure as hell wasn't as intelligent or deep.

King of the Hill is also a favorite of mine. Very underrated as well. People seem to underestimate it, Mike Judge knows how to make a story that is both humorous and meaningful.

I really hate the direction that present day children's networks are going. They pump out a season or two of a cookie cutter cartoon (usually heavily influenced by late Ren & Stimpy episodes), and then move on. Furthermore they completely ignore the classics. My sister doesn't know who Underdog, Batfink, Speedy Gonzales, Woody Woodpecker, Huckleberry Hound, or Mighty Mouse is. All because children's networks now a days don't show any of those classic cartoons. I feel so bad for the generation of kids out there today, they have no sense of where cartoons were, and where they can go. It's only going to get worse since this generation of kids will grow up, and be inspired by the cartoons of today, which are of a much lower quality, further perpetuating the sh*tty cartoons.

Scarface187
  • Scarface187

Putting out the fire with gasoline.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:30 PM

Back in the day I was really big on the classic Nicktoons, Batman the Animated Series, TMNT and others like that. As for now the two cartoons I like the most now are South Park and The Venture Bros.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:49 PM

Younger years:

Ed, Edd n' Eddy
Johnny Bravo
Looney Tunes
Dexter's Laboratory
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Rugrats

Pretty much everything on Cartoon Network when I and many other people were younger.

Now:
Futurama
Family Guy
American Dad

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Zaibatsu

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:53 PM

Tom and Jerry and Looney Tunes pretty much wrap it up for me. I watched more cartoons but these particular ones were my favourites. Nowadays I'm a big fan of King of the Hill.

Dag26
  • Dag26

þetta er ágætis byrjun

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:20 PM

Oh if you want to know some of my old favourites...

Edd Ed and Eddy
The cramp twins
Dexters labaratory

Basicaly anything from cartoon network, i used to love it.

Now:

American Dad
Family guy (as mentioned above)
The Simpsons (not a big fan but enjoy it from time to time)

33stradale
  • 33stradale

Lolzeltov!

• Members

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:32 PM

loads... currently i'm cramming in two seasons of the batman animated series, only i skip episodes which feature robin since they're an insult to my masculinity

despite that the show is awsome because batman is actually cool, unlike in the films where he just looks like a white guy trying to be intimidating... he can dress up and still look serious and the stories are all enjoyable and deep-ish

inthegarage
  • inthegarage

juice magic

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:45 PM

when i was a child i enjoyed:
rugrats
doug
rocko's modern life
x-men
hey arnold
teenage mutant ninja turtles
tailspin
chipmunks
ahhh real monsters

i liked spongebob when i was a teenager

now i don't watch cartoons as much but i occasionally watch cartoons with my son and he watches this show called Phineas and Ferb and i think it's quite funny.

I also enjoy family guy and sometimes king of the hill.

Rizqan7
  • Rizqan7

Wut wut wut wut wut?

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

Amazing World Of Gumball In My Opinion Is The Best Cartoon Ever Made In The World! lol.gif inlove.gif inlove.gif

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

I don't want to live on this planet anymore

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (Rizqan7 @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 12:13)
Amazing World Of Gumball In My Opinion Is The Best Cartoon Ever Made In The World! lol.gif inlove.gif inlove.gif

FFS, was it necessary for a bump?

THIS TOPIC IS FROM 2009!!!!

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

White Shinigami

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (Prince Gumball @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 08:03)

Oh the irony...

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

Ren and Stimpy, Ed Edd n Eddy, Courage the Cowardly Dog.

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Cool, cool cool cool. Pew.

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

As a kid: Pretty much everything on Toon disney, Goof Troop, House of mouse.. All of them fantastic. inlove.gif

Now: Family guy, American dad, The cleveland show (my favorite). Futurama, and the occasional Simpson episode.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

Well, Cartoon Network houses majority of my favorite cartoons. Pretty much every shows aired on it use to be my favorityy. Some of my other favorite cartoons are Diagunder, Inu Yasha, Ghost school, Samurai X, Pokemon etc.

Since this thread is about cartoons, I figure'd that this would be the right place to ask about the name of my favorite cartoon show which I had been wondering for a while. It's about two elderly couple and their pet dog which looks pink in color.. the dog tries to save them from monsters and other sh*t in every episodes. I'm pretty sure that someone knows the name of this show. It was aired in CN.

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Cool, cool cool cool. Pew.

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (rudy. @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 17:29)
Well, Cartoon Network houses majority of my favorite cartoons. Pretty much every shows aired on it use to be my favorityy. Some of my other favorite cartoons are Diagunder, Inu Yasha, Ghost school, Samurai X, Pokemon etc.

Since this thread is about cartoons, I figure'd that this would be the right place to ask about the name of my favorite cartoon show which I had been wondering for a while. It's about two elderly couple and their pet dog which looks pink in color.. the dog tries to save them from monsters and other sh*t in every episodes. I'm pretty sure that someone knows the name of this show. It was aired in CN.

Courage the Cowardly Dog. smile.gif

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:09 PM

My favourites, lifted straight from my profile page:
The Simpsons (Seasons 1-9)
Spongebob (Seasons 1-3)
Ren and Stimpy
Futurama
Ed, Edd,n, Eddy
Looney Tunes
Tom and Jerry
Droopy Dog
Wallace & Gromit
Over The Hedge
Monster House
Monsters Vs Aliens
Kung Fu Panda
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Up
Wall-E
Dexter's Laboratory
The Toy Story Trilogy
Monsters. Inc

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:33 PM

Coonskin is by far the greatest cartoon ever conceived by mankind.

Rizqan7
  • Rizqan7

Wut wut wut wut wut?

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE (Prince Gumball @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 21:03)

Hmmmm, Better I Should Call You Gummy Or Prince? And What Is FFS? mercie_blink.gif

rsgtafan
  • rsgtafan

Aka SenseiKOFF

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:03 AM

South Park
Family Guy
Archer
The Regular Show

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:16 PM

Only cartoons I watch (if they even are cartoons) are Simpsons and Futurama. When I feel like it, I'll watch South Park or maybe even Spongebob smile.gif

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

Damn it feels good to be gangsta

• Zaibatsu

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

Even when very young, talking 4-5 years old here my favorite cartoon was South Park and still is too this day, Simpsons pretty similar as well though I don't really like the new stuff and just tend to watch old classics. As for other actually child aimed cartoons that were pretty prelivant in my childhood, the standouts are Recess and Dexters Lab.

I rewatched a few Recess episodes recently and I must say it really was an amazing cartoon that handled a lot of real life issues but on the playground. The HAL inspired episode will always stick with me.

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:11 PM

Undead Americans are really good. Too bad they cut it after only two such great seasons.

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:34 AM Edited by Valenta, 09 June 2013 - 12:49 AM.

QUOTE (Werebot85 @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 14:16)
Only cartoons I watch (if they even are cartoons) are Simpsons and Futurama. When I feel like it, I'll watch South Park or maybe even Spongebob smile.gif

In regards to Spongebob, I don't watch anything beyond the movie. Everything before the movie was classic. The movie itself was originally intended as the finale to the series.

One of my favourite Looney Tunes cartoons:

Target13Productions
  • Target13Productions

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:24 PM

South Park

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:24 PM

I grew up watching alot of cartoons. I watched mainly Looney Tunes cartoons and several Disney and Pixar flicks (no "girly" ones keep in mind) back in the day, many of which I owned on good old VHS. Never wanted to grow out of that stuff, but I did. Nowadays? South Park is where it's at for me, though I still miss my old cartoons. It honestly feels awkward for me to watch that kind of stuff at my age now, I don't know why. I wish it didn't.

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (Gst0395 @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 23:24)
I grew up watching alot of cartoons. I watched mainly Looney Tunes cartoons and several Disney and Pixar flicks (no "girly" ones keep in mind) back in the day, many of which I owned on good old VHS. Never wanted to grow out of that stuff, but I did. Nowadays? South Park is where it's at for me, though I still miss my old cartoons. It honestly feels awkward for me to watch that kind of stuff at my age now, I don't know why. I wish it didn't.

Why should you feel awkward about one of the best times of your life? If anything, you should count yourself lucky that you grew up with these cartoons.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users