» «
Photo

2 Problems in GTA IV

10 replies to this topic
_MiG6o_
  • _MiG6o_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 August 2009 - 03:27 PM Edited by _MiG6o_, 11 August 2009 - 03:29 PM.

Hello!

The first thing to do is show you the proof that I have real bought GTA IV:

user posted image

Then to the problem(s). E: PC version of course.

1) I can't play multiplayer game because I can't sign in Games for Windows LIVE.
I have made Games for Windows account but when im trying to sign in LIVE says:

user posted image

"The LIVE service may be unavailable, or there may be an issue with your home networking equipment or firewall. To check LIVE service status, go to www.xbox.com/support."

I have allowed my firewall to connect RGSC and GTA IV to internet. When I click "Network Status" it says:

user posted image

Why there is "Not signed in" in three sections? I don't understand what is the problem.

I bought my GTA IV at the first day when it came to shops in Finland and I would really like to get this thing working.

Then the second problem:

I'm stuck in the singleplayer game. My save is called "I'll save her" so I think that is the last mission I have made. The problem is that there is no missions in the map to make. I have called everyone of the friends and made drug dealing and car stealing jobs for them with no results. No missions appearing to the map.
I wouldn't like start the game all over again because it's some 50% I have played.

I have all patches installed (the last 1.0.4.0... too).

Should I open some ports? If so, please tell me how to do it step by step.

Excuse my english.

Sincerely
_MiG6o_

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 12 August 2009 - 05:59 AM

Well, firstly allow me to say that only a moron will accuse you of being a pirate without any prior evidence and so there is absolutely no need to justify yourself for anything. You bought the game, you support the franchise and there is nothing you should feel bad about.

Your first problem I have seen before, but I never seen a fix for it. Try contacting MS, but don't hold your breath.

For the second problem, there are only a few things you can try. Firstly, is maybe your phone in silent mode? f not, you'll have to either start a new game or download a savegame from the savegame arena.

JeddyH
  • JeddyH

Homie

• Members

Posted 12 August 2009 - 06:20 AM

This happened to me with Street Fighter 4, but it turns out that live was down for a few hours, then it worked again

_MiG6o_
  • _MiG6o_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Aug 12 2009, 05:59)
Well, firstly allow me to say that only a moron will accuse you of being a pirate without any prior evidence and so there is absolutely no need to justify yourself for anything. You bought the game, you support the franchise and there is nothing you should feel bad about.

Your first problem I have seen before, but I never seen a fix for it. Try contacting MS, but don't hold your breath.

For the second problem, there are only a few things you can try. Firstly, is maybe your phone in silent mode? f not, you'll have to either start a new game or download a savegame from the savegame arena.

This happened to me with Street Fighter 4, but it turns out that live was down for a few hours, then it worked again

Well, that's not the problem with my game.. I have had this problem for a half year now since I bought the game.

I sent e-mail to Rockstar but they said I should contact Games for Windows Live -support.. But I can't find their e-mail. Do anyone know what e-mail address I should use to contact them? confused.gif

About singlegame.. Phone is not in silent mode, because I get calls from the friends to go beer with them etc..
But I have started a new game now and about 15-30% played, so we will see soon do I get stuck again. If so, I will download some 50-60% savegame.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:04 AM

I can't find any e-mail address, you'll probably have better luck on the forums

http://forums.gamesforwindows.com/

_MiG6o_
  • _MiG6o_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Aug 14 2009, 06:04)
I can't find any e-mail address, you'll probably have better luck on the forums

http://forums.gamesforwindows.com/

Ok, now I have another problem. This time with installation. So, when I'm installing the game there comes feature transfer error -message that says there is crc-problem with data2 file.. I can see some scratches on my dvd but can it be the problem? I have read something about DVDdrive may be broken..'

Im installing this game again because I have new components on my computer (motherboard, processor and the memories), so I would like to see the difference between old parts and these new.. But now I cant..

I hope someone have had this problem and got it solved so he can tell me what to do.. Tomorrow I'll try another games too.

Sincerely,
_MiG6o_

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:20 PM

The scratches might have damaged the disc. Try running the disc on some other PC. If it gives you the same error, you'll know that the disc is at fault. Try cleaning the disc. If it still doesn't work, time to buy a new disc.

_MiG6o_
  • _MiG6o_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:03 PM Edited by _MiG6o_, 14 September 2009 - 12:11 PM.

QUOTE (girishb @ Aug 27 2009, 21:20)
The scratches might have damaged the disc. Try running the disc on some other PC. If it gives you the same error, you'll know that the disc is at fault. Try cleaning the disc. If it still doesn't work, time to buy a new disc.

DVD problem solved..

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:20 PM

Well, frankly speaking, scratches on the disc indicate poor handling on the user's part. You should have been more careful with it. If you've bought it recently, try contacting Rockstar. I have heard that they provide disc replacements for an additional $10. I'm not sure but you can try.
Please don't download the game and support piracy. We're genuine fans of the franchise and we should be supporting it in any way we can. I know the game is far from perfect but R* are working towards its betterment; just give them some time. If you buy the game again and if you still have issues, we're always here to help you. smile.gif

_MiG6o_
  • _MiG6o_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:12 PM

Well, I'm going to try making images of DVD1 and try to install with it. If it wont work I'll ask mom to give money to buy a new one because I'm not going to use my own. biggrin.gif

nvs231
  • nvs231

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:02 AM

Once again I know this an old and dead post, but I would like to post my solution to this error.

What antivirus / firewall are you using. I found that UPnP was blocked as a default. Find the Traffic Rules in your firewall settings, then look for UPnP and allow it.

for Norton 360 users, open norton, click settings tab, open firewall, then traffic rules (should be the third tab) on my pc UPnP was the 23rd option down

hope this helps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users