Photo

Special Later-Night A/G War

124 replies to this topic
ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:16 PM Edited by ChristopherD, 18 August 2009 - 01:14 PM.

user posted image
SPECIAL LATER-NIGHT GAMER'S ADDITION

If you are not familiar with the GTA Forums Air/Ground War, here is a link to it's normal thread:

Air/Ground War III

THIS thread is a supplement to the one above and is to announce special Wednesday Night Air/Ground Matches for the PSN Branch. Many of the folks that used to play with us when we played later in the evening have not gotten a chance to play since we changed the Match Times to Weekend Afternoons/Evenings.

This Match is to bring some of those guys back, or for ppl that have played before but usually play later at night.

I will start out running one of these a month for now, but may go to twice a month if there is enough interest.

So, the first Wednesday Night Match will be:

Wednesday, Aug. 19 - 5:30-6:00pm Eastern US - 10:30-11:00pm UK Time.

So, please post in THIS thread if you would like to play the Wednesday Match. I am also not locked into Wednesday, if it turns out another weekday night turns out to be better. This also may be short notice for this week, but wanted to get the word out! smile.gif

Hope to see you guys out there downing Helis again! We have gotten our strategy down pretty wll since the last time some of you played, so now is definately the time to come back!!! devil.gif

NOTE: You must have played in the A/G War before to participate in this match. If you are new and are interested in joining the A/G War, please post your interest in the thread linked to above. icon14.gif

GTAking33
  • GTAking33

GTA Veteran

• Angels of Death MC
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:00 PM

im interested smile.gif yay 1st post!!

liam-aka-spidie
  • liam-aka-spidie

TeC , Knows How To Party, In The City Of LC.

• Members

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:05 PM

Well Chris if your stuck for pilots or even GT's this weekend, drop me a pm and ill take part. I cant ensure 100% that ill be available. I think it might be to late to get people's attention for this wednesday. But it would be fun to get some old timers back into it.

And perhaps elite players can see this as time to get extra experince. smile.gif

The Owl
  • The Owl

Captain of the Sniper team.

• Members

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:09 PM

I'll be there.

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:36 PM

Great! Wednesday nite is perfect for me (missus starts this week to work on wednesady nites too lol).
Count me in for ground forces obviously (I'll study the latest tactics in the other thread smile.gif ) cool.gif

lordjubblydave
  • lordjubblydave

Jubbly > RROD

• D1RTY12

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:26 PM

can i play in the wednesday A/G? i make good cannon fodder

TASO
  • TASO

BORN TO BE WILD

• D1RTY12

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:21 AM

Invite me too please, I missed last one, haved somethin "extra" to do just before match started! confused.gif

NikoB
  • NikoB

West Side!

• Members

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:29 AM

Well if i'm aloud in both saturdays and wednesdays then count me in! Just remind me through psn so I don't forget. biggrin.gif

Double_Deagle
  • Double_Deagle

If it isn't D1RTY, it isn't worth it!

• D1RTY12

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:57 PM

GODDAMN! I'll be going to Cinema tomoz to watch "Public Enemies"...I'll never get a chance to participate in A/G War again! lol.gif

Nice idea anyway Chris! icon14.gif

leroy46
  • leroy46

g.h.o.s.t.

• D1RTY12

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:21 PM

if you'll need some players maybe i'll be around, i suck in chopper driving so i will be on the ground.

Seniorbboby
  • Seniorbboby

Air Ground War VET

• Members

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:12 PM

Yeah this rocks Chris!

I cant usually make it because of the time on saturday but this is perfect!

icon14.gif Chris!

deejayb1874
  • deejayb1874

Bolt Ya Radge!

• D1RTY12
  • Scotland

Posted 12 August 2009 - 12:00 AM

Should be around so if I'm online I'm down for this.

nateuk
  • nateuk

TEC

• Members

Posted 12 August 2009 - 01:44 AM

yer boi sounds good should be able 2 make it

bigmike72
  • bigmike72

your mom was awesome

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 August 2009 - 04:34 AM

can I play biggrin.gif colgate.gif

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Lifelong fan of the number "42"

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:28 AM

Much as I want the kills, this could be a perfect time to implement the Air Taxi strategy. I'm still up at that time so this works nicely.

Seniorbboby
  • Seniorbboby

Air Ground War VET

• Members

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:41 AM

Wow are you serious. I still can't come to this one since I get back from school at this time... xD but it's only for 2 weeks.

bigmike72
  • bigmike72

your mom was awesome

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:55 AM

good games got my first kills

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:22 AM

WE NEEDED MORE PILOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was pretty much liam vs everybody. Nice trying TASO and Stev, of course, but you guys are obviously not elite pilots so the matches were rather...one sided.

I had Squadx_Mav/Raw but he got disco'd from the room.

The Air Taxi worked well the game I was in (at least I thought so!), curious how it went for deejay and Chris?

Hope you GT's enjoyed my couple flyby's at the North Crane, tried getting as close to you all as I could without blading anybody.

If there is an Air Taxi medal, it should be for more like 30, 40 or 50 rescues, not 5 as that's wayyyyyyyyy too easy (got 5 my first game as taxi )

Mike - nice job on your first kills man, you're certainly playing a lot smarter than we you first started with us!

All I can say is...PABLO FROM MEXICO SAYS HELLO!

biggrin.gif

deejayb1874
  • deejayb1874

Bolt Ya Radge!

• D1RTY12
  • Scotland

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:06 PM

Taxiing went OK dude, 3 extractions and 2 heli-gives (liam kept bailing in sea and it seemed the quickest way to get him back to the action). I agree, 5 is too few for a medal. I would have had more fun if there were MORE PILOTS... although teasing GTAking with my heli and swooping past you guys a few times made up for it.

NOTE TO SELF - use Maverick for taxiing duties, annihilators are bullet magnets.

Oh, and I lolled loads when PABLO joined the room. biggrin.gif

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:11 PM

I had fun, good games. Too bad I was "kicked" from the first one.
In the second one I got my first RPG kill. cool.gif rampage_ani.gif devil.gif

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:31 PM

The other thing deejay is that the Maverick has a different sound than the Annihilator. I could hear your chopper and it was damn confusing!

Just keep in mind how much more easilly the Maverick breaks, came close a couple times myself.

Good to have you doc! Nice to see the other guys too, Stev and TASO.

Still feel bad for liam and his One Man Chopper Cavalry but hey it must be GREAT practice going up against 10 angry GT's all with RPG's biggrin.gif

J4ADM
  • J4ADM

Red Rum Racing

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:14 PM

As of next week i should be able to join...

Give some help to liam if he's flying alone! but as most of you know, i need a little space to be able to fly in, and im not a big fan of the 'grinder' tounge.gif

I work til 10:00pm so its an ideal start time

dj.arsonizt
  • dj.arsonizt

There Is No Spoon!

• Members

Posted 13 August 2009 - 02:29 PM

how about trying to make a match later on in the evening ive noticed alot of pilots on in the evening between 6 & 7 central time

TASO
  • TASO

BORN TO BE WILD

• D1RTY12

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:53 PM

I haved fun warriors even I know that Im not an elte pilot and I never denied tounge2.gif but its better to have few pilots more thatn only once and elite in air!! biggrin.gif

And yeah, taxi chopp was great idea, saved lots of running, driving and time off course!!

I apologize for my bomb kill from back side of chopp but I didnt know/forgot that we need to wait till 15 min suicidal.gif biggrin.gif

Good fun playin with you boys!! icon14.gif

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 13 August 2009 - 08:01 PM

Yes, thanks TASO for flying and Chris for his 1 minute left barrage as a Pilot!

Really, a couple more pilots and this night thing could be sweet.

I think we should have the Air Taxi in every game. Certainly saved time for the pilots, keeps the action rolling faster and as a Taxi pilot, I was utterly amused watching it all go down and plotting extractions without getting blown up.

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:44 PM Edited by ChristopherD, 14 August 2009 - 05:47 PM.

I am glad this Wednesday Match may go over!

The first one was a bit on the 'Whatever' side, but I think it can be just as good as the weekend matches (maybe better).

I also think we should keep it to regulars as well. So, nateuk, post your interest in the Air/Ground War III thread to get into the Trial Match on Sundays. icon14.gif

I always thought of myself as not only a good Heli Pilot, but a GREAT one. I could just never kill anyone with the miniguns.

But, between the lag and 10 angry GTs, I have adjuted my estimation of my actual flying skills...lmfao.

The Maverick is definately the way to go when playing taxi. Less confusion for GTs and the Maverick is WAY easier to land with (tested in FM). I felt so bad giving a Pilot a Heli (or as I say on the mic, "HEElie"...shut up King...lol) that I had banged all to Hell trying to get it landed. And the "Pick Up The Pilot and Take Them to a Heli" instead of "Dropping Off a Heli to a Pilot" is WAY faster.

The round I taxied in, I spent most of my time driving cuz I was dropping the Helis off to the Pilots. SJ, I may need you to show me the Maverick spawns again so I can actually mark them on a printed map. Like I said before, I am seriously directionally challenged.

And that last minute and a half I could have picked up the Pilots, but would never have gotten them back to the action in time, so I said what the hey and figured I'd blade a cpl of you guys as payback for grenading me (5 friggin times) in the previous round.

I couldn't even do THAT!!! lmao Kept missing. But gotta say, it is f*cking intimidating as Hell zooming in on you guyws on the ground, turning around for another run and seeing 6+ rockets in the air, while the ping of bullets on the Heli is non-stop!!!

We are NO longer the Keystone Cops of Ground Forces, that is for sure!!! smile.gif icon14.gif

So, this turned out well so will be doing it again next week, so for this thread, the next match is:

Wednesday, Aug. 19 - 5:30-6:00pm Eastern US - 10:30pm-11:00pm UK Time

The half hour time frame is cuz sometimes I can't get out of work right at 5pm (didn't get on this past Wednesday til 5:45).

Was fun! See you next Wednesday if I don't see you sooner! icon14.gif

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars

Posted 15 August 2009 - 12:01 PM

I'll be there with my loyal rockets. cool.gif

liam-aka-spidie
  • liam-aka-spidie

TeC , Knows How To Party, In The City Of LC.

• Members

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:54 AM

God damn there was only 2 pilots, and every time i went in for a pass i had to dodge about 15 rpgs... Not freaking easy panic.gif

jasonontherun
  • jasonontherun

$$$

• Members

Posted 17 August 2009 - 01:22 PM Edited by jasonontherun, 17 August 2009 - 01:34 PM.

nah got party that night starts at ten suicidal.gif
nevermind,hope it goes well smile.gif

TASO
  • TASO

BORN TO BE WILD

• D1RTY12

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:53 AM

Wednesday, Aug. 19 - 5:30-6:00pm Eastern US - 10:30pm-11:00pm UK Time

Ill be there!! icon14.gif

P.s. if we have enough pilots, Ill be on ground this time. sneaky2.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users