14 replies to this topic
livejoker
  • livejoker

Well, this is nice.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:07 AM

user posted image

Shouts can be heard. Thousands of people scream your name. Hear them pleading for good music.
You are the Dj. Be the life of the party. Set the mood. Make this night a memorable night.

This is Dj Hero. The different game-style out of the Guitar Hero franchise. Guitar can still be played but the Dj has the control over everything. A new instrument- the turn-table, is going to be mastered in October (as I know of). I don't want to make this topic long or pinned (it would be awesome, though...) but I want to let you, gamers, know of Dj Hero. This came is so under-hyped (I'm more hyped up than I was when I learned Gta IV was coming out!). I recently went to rent Forza Motorsport 2 and I told them that they should get their hands on Dj Hero, seeing it's going to be big. I told them that it could, possibly, turn out bigger than Guitar Hero. They laughed and told me Guitar Hero will still be as big as Rock Band is right now. I have my beliefs.

So, what do you guys think of it? 100 songs are said to be in this game (for you to mix yourself?) and about 80-unique mixes made especially for the game. Those mixes are done by Dj AM and Dj Shadow (out of the handful of Dj's asked to mixed a list of songs requested by Activision or RedOctane or both, whoever is on the project).

Here's the link to the Dj Hero website: click me to bring the beat back (:
Seeing Electro-Pop and that style of music is growing in todays modern world, will Dj Hero actually be the music-game of this year?

Please, stay on topic if possible tounge2.gif and respect each others opinion. If you're more into Rock and couldn't care less about Dj Hero, you're invited to leave. If you want a free post, go ahead icon14.gif . But make it constructive.

So, Dj's, discuss!

Superb
  • Superb

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:49 AM

I guess the game will be appealing to some people, but as you can't put your own songs on it and don't even get to choose which song to mix into the other, it will be very limiting since the mixes are already made. Doesn't have beatmatching or any of that to learn, since the mix is already made but I guess it lets you learn about sampling which is cool. Wasn't the deck actually made by Stanton who are a popular brand who made actual dj equipment?

If you really want to dj though just buy the real stuff, but as a cheap alternative try this. smile.gif

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 08 August 2009 - 03:15 PM

This game could go either way really, it could be a massive success like Guitar Hero, or people could look at their current plastic rock instrument selection, then shake their head at this spinoff (if you could call it that) and decide not to get it.

My main gripe with it is that branding the 'Hero' suffix, I expect it to have some sort of artistic consistency with Guitar Hero. As of such, I've seen none, and the fact it just plonks GH's GUI in next to this one for the ten songs where you can play guitar just alienates me further.

Oh yeah, and my track record with RedOctane peripherals has been none too great either.

Vin.
  • Vin.

RD loves me.

• The Connection

Posted 08 August 2009 - 03:19 PM

I think this is a great idea of a game. I remember back on the PSX, I had a DJ game. With a little turntable and everything, which was quite disappointing. (I wonder where I put that).

I'll give it a go, hopefully it is as appealing as the other 'Hero' games.

livejoker
  • livejoker

Well, this is nice.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 August 2009 - 04:39 AM

I remember that. I also remember many comments in Youtube videos saying they stoled the idea from an original Dj game. Beatz something, no? notify.gif Anyway. Thanks for the replies. I'm hoping to keep this thread alive. I really want to know what my fellow GTA gamers think of the most interesting game (and most hyped) on my mind. I'm ready to pay $200 for it. mercie_blink.gif Not kidding.

Although I could get a cheap turn-table, but then again I use Virtual Dj to make simple mixes (as i'm no expert in it), so a game with real mixes to over-play will be interesting!

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 09 August 2009 - 07:29 AM

QUOTE (livejoker @ Aug 9 2009, 12:39)
I also remember many comments in Youtube videos saying they stoled the idea from an original Dj game.

You may be thinking of Beatmania. Konami practically created the first Guitar/Drum/DJ rhythm games, but due to lack of any really interest outside of Japan it never took off. Then Guitar Hero came in and took the whole potential market, then Konami tried to claim some of that market with Rock Revolution (and failed terribly).

So basically you have the Konami fanboys saying that HMX ripped them off, and then you have the HMX fanboys sayings Neversoft ripped them off. notify.gif and no one really cares about Rock Revolution lol.

livejoker
  • livejoker

Well, this is nice.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 August 2009 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Aug 9 2009, 03:29)
QUOTE (livejoker @ Aug 9 2009, 12:39)
I also remember many comments in Youtube videos saying they stoled the idea from an original Dj game.

You may be thinking of Beatmania. Konami practically created the first Guitar/Drum/DJ rhythm games, but due to lack of any really interest outside of Japan it never took off. Then Guitar Hero came in and took the whole potential market, then Konami tried to claim some of that market with Rock Revolution (and failed terribly).

So basically you have the Konami fanboys saying that HMX ripped them off, and then you have the HMX fanboys sayings Neversoft ripped them off. notify.gif and no one really cares about Rock Revolution lol.

icon14.gif Beatmania! That's what I was thinking about, thanks mate. Honestly, I don't care about anything else. For me, Guitar Hero and Rock Band are the only games that are "there" in the music-industry for gaming.

Beatmania, Rock Revolution, all that stuff doesn't mean a thing to me. tounge2.gif
Anyway, no one is hyped about it?

Seeing October will be the best month this year (Splinter Cell:Conviction is said to come out, as well as Assasins Creed 2, Dj Hero too!) and, I THINK, The Ballad Of Gay Tony. It's said to be released in fall, no? I haven't searched alot about that subject, but Dj Hero is my top...interest right now.

Even, EVEN, if Dj Hero disapoints me, I can't be. I know i'm too hyped up about the game that even if i'm disapointed, I was warned. So, good or not, it's the first game i'm getting, even before TBOGT. But don't worry, this will shortly follow tounge2.gif .

Dag26
  • Dag26

þetta er ágætis byrjun

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:21 PM

Okay, this game looks great but i was watching the videos about it and it looked really complcated, like the way you have to switch the track and stuff.

livejoker
  • livejoker

Well, this is nice.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (slipknotrledge @ Aug 12 2009, 15:21)
Okay, this game looks great but i was watching the videos about it and it looked really complcated, like the way you have to switch the track and stuff.

Actually, it's pretty easy. The turn-table is divided into two pieces. One is the spinnable disc (360 degree) with the 3 "buttons" on the disc. The other part, which is originally on the left, but can be placed on the right for left-handed people, has the Europhia button (much like Star Power), the Pitch switch and the fader.

Europhia pretty much acts like Star Power. Press it to replay a section that you want to play again.

Pitch is pretty much the whammy bar, if you're familiar with Guitar Hero.

Fader is used to go to one record to another. Example: If the green "line" suddenly crosses to the far left of the screen, move the fader completely to the left. Vice Versa for blue.

I'm sure my information is clear. icon14.gif
If Dj Shadow can do it like he does in his interviews, you prolly can do it too. At first, when I first rented Guitar Hero 3, I didn't know how to play. I wanted to go back to Wal-mart and exchange the guitar, thought it was broken. Thing is; I wasn't strumming. lol.gif

Dj Hero is a new innovation which comes out in October, so get your hands on it, slipknotrledge!

Dag26
  • Dag26

þetta er ágætis byrjun

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (livejoker @ Aug 12 2009, 21:57)
QUOTE (slipknotrledge @ Aug 12 2009, 15:21)

Actually, it's pretty easy. The turn-table is divided into two pieces. One is the spinnable disc (360 degree) with the 3 "buttons" on the disc. The other part, which is originally on the left, but can be placed on the right for left-handed people, has the Europhia button (much like Star Power), the Pitch switch and the fader.

Europhia pretty much acts like Star Power. Press it to replay a section that you want to play again.

Pitch is pretty much the whammy bar, if you're familiar with Guitar Hero.

Fader is used to go to one record to another. Example: If the green "line" suddenly crosses to the far left of the screen, move the fader completely to the left. Vice Versa for blue.

I'm sure my information is clear. icon14.gif
If Dj Shadow can do it like he does in his interviews, you prolly can do it too. At first, when I first rented Guitar Hero 3, I didn't know how to play. I wanted to go back to Wal-mart and exchange the guitar, thought it was broken. Thing is; I wasn't strumming. lol.gif

Dj Hero is a new innovation which comes out in October, so get your hands on it, slipknotrledge!

Okay, thanks. smile.gif

livejoker
  • livejoker

Well, this is nice.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:06 PM

No problem. The industry of Dj's is actually declining mercie_blink.gif . I'm hoping that more people get interested in this art of mixing music together.

Pumpkin Zone
  • Pumpkin Zone

Humans are such easy prey.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Unknown

Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:28 AM

So who is looking forward to this AMAZING game, eh?

DJ Hero is a music video game developed by FreeStyleGames and published by Activision as an expansion of its Guitar Hero series. It is set to be released on October 27, 2009 in North America. The game is based on turntablism and features more than 80 remixes of two different songs from a selection of over 100 different songs across numerous genres. To score points, the player must press buttons to activate accented beats, adjust their crossfade between the two songs, and "scratch" the turntable on the game's custom controller in time to marks that scroll on the screen to score points and perform well for the virtual crowd. The game features both a single player Career mode and cooperative and competitive multiplayer modes. The game also features a mode for selected songs for a DJ player to play alongside another player using a Guitar Hero guitar controller. Also additional content will be released like the microphone.
Many DJ and mix artists have contributed to the game both in the game's development, the creation of mixes, and in lending their images for playable avatars in the game; these including Eminem, Jay-Z, DJ Shadow, Z-Trip, DJ AM, Cut Chemist, J.Period, Grandmaster Flash, DJ Jazzy Jeff, and Daft Punk.

More info and complete setlist here

Intro vid:

-------------
Noticed that there wasn't a thread, and decided to finally make one. I was actually gonna buy this, but then they sold me on putting Daft Punk in. I mean seriously. And it's not made by Neversoft, from what I gather it was made and then Activision gave them a bunch of money and told them to put the 'Hero' logo on it. So it isn't going to be a bastardization of a franchise, but doesn't stop Activision from pumping out a bunch of games. But I feel that won't happen.

I alraedy got it pre-ordered, looking forward to it so much!

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:10 PM

Actually there was a topic a little bit back.

Anyway, I can't say I'm too impressed with this. The whole art direction goes against other Hero games in my opinion, and aside from a few gems (Such as Monkey Wrench vs Sabotage) none of these mixes seem to interest me, I'd rather listen to the originals of some of these songs then how they were mixed together so poorly.

And not even all Guitar Hero games are made by Neversoft, so saying this isn't made by Neversoft really isn't saying that much.

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:15 PM

This is dangerous. I could see DJ Heros substituting real DJs in half time shows and bars.

Pumpkin Zone
  • Pumpkin Zone

Humans are such easy prey.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Unknown

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:07 PM

I searched, didn't find anything. Oh well, this is fine.

The Monkey Wrench vs. Sabotage (guitar vs. DJ) thing is amazing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users