» «
Photo

Add New Car GTA IV

755 replies to this topic
alexanderwwe_2009
  • alexanderwwe_2009

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:37 PM Edited by alexanderwwe_2009, 12 November 2009 - 12:26 AM.

QUOTE (Lukasdk @ Nov 1 2009, 16:07)
Good tutorial but i have a problem when i want to create a new img with Open IV
When i want to open the new img there is a error "Open IV cannot not work because important imformations wasn't obtained from GTAIV.exe .."
But in the Options there is the GTA IV folder selcted
I don't know why there is this error
I have the Steam Version from GTA IV with Patch 4
Open IV Version 0.9.202
Win7 64bit RC

hey i have the same problem with openiv and i dont know how to fix, plz can someone tell me? i've disabled the read only option, my patch version: 1.0.4 and openiv: 0.9.202

mataanjin
  • mataanjin

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE (alexanderwwe_2009 @ Nov 11 2009, 23:37)
QUOTE (Lukasdk @ Nov 1 2009, 16:07)
Good tutorial but i have a problem when i want to create a new img with Open IV
When i want to open the new img there is a error "Open IV cannot not work because important imformations wasn't obtained from GTAIV.exe .."
But in the Options there is the GTA IV folder selcted
I don't know why there is this error
I have the Steam Version from GTA IV with Patch 4
Open IV Version 0.9.202
Win7 64bit RC

hey i have the same problem with openiv and i dont know how to fix, plz can someone tell me? i've disabled the read only option, my patch version: 1.0.4 and openiv: 0.9.202

try setting up openIV again. and make a new img again.

@Jack2421992
can do it? 'cos i can't sad.gif

nm69
  • nm69

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:44 AM Edited by nm69, 12 November 2009 - 10:09 AM.

Well i tried every single thing possible but my game crashes while loading ...altho i dont see the error name like SMPA60 or somethin like that...
It just crashes halfway through the loading and heres wat i did:
1) Edited default.dat
user posted image
2) Edited gta.dat
user posted image
3) Edited images.txt
user posted image
4) Created new img with Open IV called it newveh.img....
5) Added the car as text.wtd test.wtf (Although i cannot see the car in preview of Spark IV But the img Opens with Open IV without any error) <--- if u think my Img is corrupt could sum1 upload an empty img?? i tried to create it like 10 times but the car doesnt show up in the preview
user posted image
5)And copied all the ones uve posted as codes... exactly except for cargrp...... i put test after every turismo as u said....
user posted image
Handling:
user posted image
Vehicleide:
user posted image
But the game crashes while loading halfway.... is it because my new img may be corrupt?? it opens without a problem with Open IV but the car isnt visible in Spark IV
panic.gif
And yes my IV is moddable... ive replaced a few cars before

mataanjin
  • mataanjin

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE (nm69 @ Nov 12 2009, 09:44)
Well i tried every single thing possible but my game crashes while loading ...altho i dont see the error name like SMPA60 or somethin like that...
1) Edited default.dat
user posted image
2) Edited gta.dat
user posted image
3) Edited images.txt
user posted image
5) Added the car as text.wtd test.wtf (Although i cannot see the car in preview of Spark IV But the img Opens with Open IV without any error) <--- if u think my Img is corrupt could sum1 upload an empty img?? i tried to create it like 10 times but the car doesnt show up in the preview
user posted image
5)And copied all the ones uve posted as codes... exactly except for cargrp...... i put test after every turismo as u said....
user posted image
Handling:
user posted image
Vehicleide:
user posted image
But the game crashes while loading halfway.... is it because my new img may be corrupt?? it opens without a problem with Open IV but the car isnt visible in Spark IV
panic.gif

did you mis type the text.wtd? it supposed to be test.wtd right?
wtd and wtf should have a same name.

if the img is good. you should be able to see it using sparkIV.
try replacing first. if it works than this tut should work.

psyk
  • psyk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2009 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (mataanjin @ Nov 13 2009, 02:26)
1) Edited default.dat
user posted image
2) Edited gta.dat
user posted image
3) Edited images.txt
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Handling:
user posted image
Vehicleide:
user posted image
panic.gif

see? i have the same probleme with the open IV! i tried sparkIV and there is nothing inside! it gets me a error "can't open newveh.img"

alexanderwwe_2009
  • alexanderwwe_2009

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (psyk @ Nov 13 2009, 21:36)
QUOTE (mataanjin @ Nov 13 2009, 02:26)
1) Edited default.dat
user posted image
2) Edited gta.dat
user posted image
3) Edited images.txt
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Handling:
user posted image
Vehicleide:
user posted image
panic.gif

see? i have the same probleme with the open IV! i tried sparkIV and there is nothing inside! it gets me a error "can't open newveh.img"

me too

mataanjin
  • mataanjin

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2009 - 02:58 AM

for those who have trouble with openIV, you should post it here

Jack2421992
  • Jack2421992

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2009 - 05:54 PM

user posted image

Actually it doesn't matter if it doesn't show up in SparkIV, if you play the game and spawn/find the car, it will be there.
I've had this problem alot of times and the game doesn't have a problem. it doesn't crash my game.
Actually its not quite a problem.
To me its guaranteed it will still work(the mod)

nm69
  • nm69

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE (Jack2421992 @ Nov 14 2009, 17:54)
Actually it doesn't matter if it doesn't show up in SparkIV, if you play the game and spawn/find the car, it will be there.
I've had this problem alot of times and the game doesn't have a problem. it doesn't crash my game.

Actually... my game crashes at the loading screen...halfway loading to be exact.......
And apart from that problem.......i dont see anything wrong in my steps.as u can see in those screenshots.......
Everything is perfect ... but it crashes while loading the game

Jack2421992
  • Jack2421992

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (nm69 @ Nov 15 2009, 12:19)
QUOTE (Jack2421992 @ Nov 14 2009, 17:54)

Actually... my game crashes at the loading screen...halfway loading to be exact.......
And apart from that problem.......i dont see anything wrong in my steps.as u can see in those screenshots.......
Everything is perfect ... but it crashes while loading the game

I remember when my game crashed halfway when loading. So i checked every single file i modified, especially the newly added files. So anyway, when i was checking the files, i noticed that in my newveh.ide had a spellng error, like 'vehshare' was 'cehshare'. and some of my files were misspelled, also check for minor mistakes like a comma(,)

So check every file i list here, check them all properly........real seriously.
(your new vehicle).img
carcols.dat
cargrp.dat
gta.dat <------must have this line in the end, 'IDE common:/data/newveh.ide'
handling.dat
vehicle.ide
(your new handling file).dat
(your new vehicle).ide
and vehOff.csv <----------just in case if you modified something there

If this gets to confusing, i'd start back from the beginning of the modding procedure.
Also what version is your gta4?
hope there aren't any mods or scripts clashing.

nm69
  • nm69

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:30 PM Edited by nm69, 15 November 2009 - 06:33 PM.

Well ive posted all my Files screenshots up there.... could u take a look at them to see if i missed out something?? thanks
and its the EU version with 1.0.3 patch.... when i removed all the files included in this mod the game runs perfectly fine

And why do i have to check the handling.dat and vehicles.ide...
I havent modified them at all..
Do we have to??

alexanderwwe_2009
  • alexanderwwe_2009

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2009 - 01:52 AM

WOW it worked after a lot of time, now as i have promised i willl make a video and i will put it on youtube so can u give me a program to make videos?

Jack2421992
  • Jack2421992

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2009 - 04:14 AM Edited by Jack2421992, 20 November 2009 - 04:37 AM.

QUOTE (nm69 @ Nov 15 2009, 18:30)
Well ive posted all my Files screenshots up there.... could u take a look at them to see if i missed out something?? thanks
and its the EU version with 1.0.3 patch.... when i removed all the files included in this mod the game runs perfectly fine

And why do i have to check the handling.dat and vehicles.ide...
I havent modified them at all..
Do we have to??

I will take a look at the screens.
Anyway, if the mods came with a handling line and other lines, you must check on it then.

Why is there a 'script' folder in your X:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\common\data ?
Also, show me what's in your gta4 main folder

Jack2421992
  • Jack2421992

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:06 AM

Here are my files in the pictures: they are all 1600x900 they're all too big i know tounge.gif

this is the Main GTA:IV folder
user posted image

the ..../common/data folder
user posted image

the carcols.dat
user posted image

the cargrp.dat
user posted image

the default.dat
user posted image

the newhandling.dat
[/IMG]http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/2060/newhandling.png[/IMG]

the newveh.ide
user posted image

the X:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\pc\models\cdimages
user posted image

Jack2421992
  • Jack2421992

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2009 - 03:26 PM

So mataajin, is there any research going on about adding more than 24 cars?, It's so weird that when the gta4 makers manage to make 135 diff cars, ther has to be way around this 23 car cap.. Cause I'm getting bored not having our fav cars in the game all at once monocle.gif

mataanjin
  • mataanjin

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 November 2009 - 02:11 AM Edited by mataanjin, 26 November 2009 - 02:21 AM.

QUOTE (Jack2421992 @ Nov 25 2009, 15:26)
So mataajin, is there any research going on about adding more than 24 cars?, It's so weird that when the gta4 makers manage to make 135 diff cars, ther has to be way around this 23 car cap.. Cause I'm getting bored not having our fav cars in the game all at once monocle.gif

nope tounge.gif
i didn't even install GTA IV now.

maybe later when a good patch and dlc come to pc smile.gif

for the current time,
if you want to have more than 23 new vehicle,
you can replace original vehicle with the one you want.

that's the only fix i can give now smile.gif

kklkit
  • kklkit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 November 2009 - 03:28 PM

Finally figured out how to make this work under Patch 5(1.0.0.4) happy.gif

ĊoP-SlyeЯ
  • ĊoP-SlyeЯ

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:00 AM

Friends,

@mataanjin : Thank you for this excellent tutorial! It took several tries to get this to work, but finally NEW cars! I'd like to share some things that may help everyone reading this save some time.

First: Make sure you have GTAIV.EXE version > 1.0.2.0
Second: Install XLiveless (newest version)
Third: Make doubly sure you don't have any saved NEW cars in your parking areas before adding more vehicles to your new set (newveh.img), otherwise you will get the dreaded SMPA60 error. You can still have any vehicle from the vehicles.img (including replaced ones) in you parking areas, just not from the new set you've created (ex. newveh.img).

If you correctly modified your game files, then added more NEW cars and received the SMPA60 error, do this:

1. Open your new vehicles .ide file (ex. newveh.ide) and add a # to the line where you added the newest cars (only the newest cars)
2. Open your new vehicles handling file (ex. newhandling.dat) and add a ; to the cars #'ed out above
3. Open carcols.dat file and add a # to the lines of these vehicles
Start the game, remove ANY NEW car(s) you created using this tutorial from your parking areas (citywide).
Open the three files above any remove commenting marks. You should be good to go.

Finally: Start out with a few cars at first, then add 3 or 4 at a time and test these cars in game as you add them. I recently downloaded a Nissan Pathfinder that caused the game to crash constantly. But by commenting the three files mentioned above, I successfully isolated the offending model and removed it. But the thing I feel makes the most difference is XLiveless. Even the game seems to run better.

Cheers

rocstar196
  • rocstar196

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2009 - 04:05 PM

does this work on Multilayer?

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (rocstar196 @ Dec 4 2009, 17:05)
does this work on Multilayer?

I'm not sure. Why not try it out?

yohsukenakano
  • yohsukenakano

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:31 AM Edited by yohsukenakano, 11 December 2009 - 07:34 AM.

how do i fix the carcolor because all the addon car color is pink and I don't know why

mataanjin
  • mataanjin

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (yohsukenakano @ Dec 11 2009, 07:31)
how do i fix the carcolor because all the addon car color is pink and I don't know why

what is the content of your carcol?
where did you add the new vehicle line?
what is the name of your new vehicle?

jackzhang75
  • jackzhang75

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2009 - 09:08 PM Edited by jackzhang75, 12 December 2009 - 10:34 PM.

Hi anyone, i followed every single steps , all seems no mistake. But when i use the tool to spwan added car , it said invalid model,why???? really want to know the resaon , somebody please help !! icon14.gif icon14.gif
PS. i also downloaded the file uploaded by Hypertenzion but still said invalid model ...., i try the orignal GTA car it works, dont know why.... i have spent lots of time on it, please help me make it right!! Many many thanks.

When i installed the Xlive.dll , it works , all the added car can be spawned but the game crash half way while loading , how to fix ??

mataanjin
  • mataanjin

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 December 2009 - 07:53 AM

QUOTE (jackzhang75 @ Dec 12 2009, 21:08)
Hi anyone, i followed every single steps , all seems no mistake. But when i use the tool to spwan added car , it said invalid model,why???? really want to know the resaon , somebody please help !! icon14.gif icon14.gif
PS. i also downloaded the file uploaded by Hypertenzion but still said invalid model ...., i try the orignal GTA car it works, dont know why.... i have spent lots of time on it, please help me make it right!! Many many thanks.

When i installed the Xlive.dll , it works , all the added car can be spawned but the game crash half way while loading , how to fix ??

any error message?

try to follow all step again, maybe the img is corrupted or you make mistake somewhere.

Jur1zz
  • Jur1zz

Playa

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:29 PM

What I need to spawn new cars if I have newest pach 1.0.0.4?

yohsukenakano
  • yohsukenakano

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE (mataanjin @ Dec 11 2009, 12:22)
QUOTE (yohsukenakano @ Dec 11 2009, 07:31)

what is the content of your carcol?
where did you add the new vehicle line?
what is the name of your new vehicle?

the car name is Audi R8, the carcols are same as infernus carcols, IDE and handling line is same as infernus too.

mataanjin
  • mataanjin

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:44 AM Edited by mataanjin, 14 December 2009 - 01:48 AM.

@yohsukenakano
you must not have space in your car name(the wtd & wtf).
QUOTE (Jur1zz @ Dec 13 2009, 18:29)

none ATM i think.

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:45 AM

QUOTE (mataanjin @ Dec 14 2009, 02:44)
@yohsukenakano
you must not have space in your car name(the wtd & wtf).
QUOTE (Jur1zz @ Dec 13 2009, 18:29)

none ATM i think.

It shouldn't make any difference if you use 1.0.4.0 or 1.0.0.4.
Try it out... smile.gif

jackzhang75
  • jackzhang75

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2009 - 11:21 AM

Thanks for the relay! Now all the new cars are added perfectly , up to now nothing goes wrong. Thanks you very much indeed! colgate.gif

But i got the another small question i cannt figure out is that i added about 20 new cars in the game , but i only can see 4 new cars driving around the city , all the time is the same 4 cars. I am wondering where is other cars gone? All the cars are added in exactly the same way .

i think it might to do with the cargrp.dat file , but i dont to how to do it ? what's mean about that file , i mean the position of the cars name in that file.

sometimes all the taxi dirving around , it looks .... ph34r.gif , how to fix it ? Many thanks icon14.gif icon14.gif

mataanjin
  • mataanjin

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 December 2009 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE (jackzhang75 @ Dec 14 2009, 11:21)
Thanks for the relay! Now all the new cars are added perfectly , up to now nothing goes wrong. Thanks you very much indeed! colgate.gif

But i got the another small question i cannt figure out is that i added about 20 new cars in the game , but i only can see 4 new cars driving around the city , all the time is the same 4 cars. I am wondering where is other cars gone? All the cars are added in exactly the same way .

i think it might to do with the cargrp.dat file , but i dont to how to do it ? what's mean about that file , i mean the position of the cars name in that file.

sometimes all the taxi dirving around , it looks .... ph34r.gif , how to fix it ? Many thanks icon14.gif icon14.gif

in cargrp, you need to add your new vehicle name, before a group name.

and don't add it to a special group(gang, police, etc)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users