Photo

Add New Car GTA IV

755 replies to this topic
roing
  • roing

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2009 - 01:55 PM

Can anyone make an limmit adjuster for that?

IceWolf729
  • IceWolf729

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:53 PM

This is great, thanks for this awesome tutorial biggrin.gif ! Does this mean that I can add the TLaD motorcycles (from the original vehicles.img) to spawn in traffic without bugs ? Gotta try this out biggrin.gif ...

mataanjin
  • mataanjin

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2009 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE (IceWolf729 @ Sep 25 2009, 19:53)
This is great, thanks for this awesome tutorial biggrin.gif ! Does this mean that I can add the TLaD motorcycles (from the original vehicles.img) to spawn in traffic without bugs ? Gotta try this out biggrin.gif ...

should be fine biggrin.gif
as long as you add it to newvec.ide

kimr120
  • kimr120

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:45 PM

i could kiss you but sadly the console uses a button that swedish keyboards do not have. sad.gif

gorgonut
  • gorgonut

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:08 PM

Ive tried it too successfuly. You can also add a helicopter if you like. But I ve just found out that I can't climb any ladders anymore (no matter if I use the joypad or the keyboard). Had anyone of you had the same problem? If this is not a bug from the vehicles add on, then it might be one of the other mods I use. panic.gif
Thanks

mataanjin
  • mataanjin

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2009 - 02:56 AM

QUOTE (gorgonut @ Oct 1 2009, 23:08)
Ive tried it too successfuly. You can also add a helicopter if you like. But I ve just found out that I can't climb any ladders anymore (no matter if I use the joypad or the keyboard). Had anyone of you had the same problem? If this is not a bug from the vehicles add on, then it might be one of the other mods I use. panic.gif
Thanks

i don't think it's because vehicles add on. as i can remember, that i can Finnish all mission.
but i can't confirm right now, 'cos i don't have GTA 4 install at my computer right now.

anyone can confirm this?

MagnAn
  • MagnAn

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 October 2009 - 11:40 AM

That can't be from the cars.
If you did it like the first post said, everything should be allright.
Try disabling other mods one by one.

Jack2421992
  • Jack2421992

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:17 AM

I got mine working just fine, i added alot of cars including a helicopter
here's a pic

user posted image

user posted image

The cars at the back is also added

icon14.gif biggrin.gif Thanks for the grand tutorial!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

JMJ91
  • JMJ91

Mean Motherf*cker

• Members

Posted 08 October 2009 - 05:55 PM Edited by JMJ91, 08 October 2009 - 06:19 PM.

Major Problem here..did all as described, but now NO OTHER cars, than the ones I added are driving around.
I tried to modify the cargrp.dat, that the new vehicles just spawn at airports, but now there are no standard cars ingame anymore, I can't even spawn them...
Edit:
I "un"modified cargrp.dat...still there are NO standard cars on the road....won't spawn too...the only cars that can be spawned are the new ones..what the hell is wrong with my GTA?!
2nd Edit:
fixed myself

alroe8
  • alroe8

Hypertenzion

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 09 October 2009 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (kimr120 @ Sep 30 2009, 12:45)
i could kiss you but sadly the console uses a button that swedish keyboards do not have. sad.gif

I don't know about swedish keyboards, but I use a Danish keyboard with "","" and "".
To start with I couldn't get the console working when using ""/"" (The key left next to "1").
Try "" or "". I think it's "" on your keyboard.
Greets from Denmark wink.gif

JMJ91
  • JMJ91

Mean Motherf*cker

• Members

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:00 PM

new problem here biggrin.gif
i've added first 20 cars..all worked fine, now i replaced some of them and added one, so now I've got 21 cars..now whenver I#ve driven one of the newly added ones, I get the samp60-error..whats wrong?

mataanjin
  • mataanjin

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2009 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (JMJ91 @ Oct 9 2009, 14:00)
new problem here biggrin.gif
i've added first 20 cars..all worked fine, now i replaced some of them and added one, so now I've got 21 cars..now whenver I#ve driven one of the newly added ones, I get the samp60-error..whats wrong?

are you changing a vehicle that is in your parking(saved car)?

if yes, that could be the problem.
solution is you can change it to null first(your saved car at that save house will gone), save the game than you can change the vehicle.

JMJ91
  • JMJ91

Mean Motherf*cker

• Members

Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:22 AM

I'll give it a try

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 11 October 2009 - 12:55 AM Edited by Hypertenzion, 11 October 2009 - 02:33 AM.

I've got a problem.
I don't see the "test" car in the game anywhere.
I can spawn via the console typing "spawn test", and then the R8 spawns and no problems at all.
But I don't see ANY pets driving it.
I've tried removing "ext_rare" in newveh.ide, but didn't help.
I've also added "test" after every "turismo" in the cargrp.dat.

Appreciate your help, because I really wanna make this work confused.gif

Edit: FIXED MYSELF. Changed car turismo to sentinel, and then it popped op all over town! smile.gif

mataanjin
  • mataanjin

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2009 - 06:06 AM

QUOTE (Hypertenzion @ Oct 11 2009, 00:55)
I've got a problem.
I can spawn via the console typing "spawn test", and then the R8 spawns and no problems at all.

Appreciate your help, because I really wanna make this work confused.gif

Edit: FIXED MYSELF. Changed car turismo to sentinel, and then it popped op all over town! smile.gif

it seems tounge.gif
because, turismo, police and other special car(gang or service) is can not be added.

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (mataanjin @ Oct 11 2009, 07:06)
QUOTE (Hypertenzion @ Oct 11 2009, 00:55)
I've got a problem.

Appreciate your help, because I really wanna make this work  confused.gif

Edit: FIXED MYSELF. Changed car turismo to sentinel, and then it popped op all over town!  smile.gif

it seems tounge.gif
because, turismo, police and other special car(gang or service) is can not be added.

Thanks. I only thought it was the "special" cars like police cars, that could not be added.
Could you plz list all of them here, so I don't have to mess around with it? smile.gif

gorgonut
  • gorgonut

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 October 2009 - 03:09 PM

I figured out why Niko couldn't climb ladders. It is because the filelist.pak in GTAIV/pc/data.
I don't remember how I modified this file but if I put the original back (which is strangely bigger than the
modified) the ingame console can't spawn the vehicles which I ve added in the neveh files (says invalid model).
Appart from that the mods seem to work ok. So I have to choose between climbing ladders
and driving new/additional vehicles. Wish I could combine both.
Does anyone knows which mods or files modify the filelist.pak file? mercie_blink.gif

mataanjin
  • mataanjin

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:18 AM

QUOTE (gorgonut @ Oct 13 2009, 15:09)
I figured out why Niko couldn't climb ladders. It is because the filelist.pak in GTAIV/pc/data.
I don't remember how I modified this file but if I put the original back (which is strangely bigger than the
modified) the ingame console can't spawn the vehicles which I ve added in the neveh files (says invalid model).
Appart from that the mods seem to work ok. So I have to choose between climbing ladders
and driving new/additional vehicles. Wish I could combine both.
Does anyone knows which mods or files modify the filelist.pak file? mercie_blink.gif

filelist.pak is to make the game modable i think.
mod that change it.
magic patch or what ever it's name tounge.gif
realistic driving(killomate) i guess.

Alexander Morgan
  • Alexander Morgan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2009 - 12:41 PM

Hello this is a great find and i'm really glad that the creator of this post is still around cause i really need help with this mate. I just can't get it to work and there is no reasonable explanation as to why it wont work.

Here's the problem:

I do everything you post in the first post, Word by Word, Letter by Letter. I name the new files EXACTLY like you do. I play the game and run the console. I type "spawn test" and the game says it doesn't find that model, which means the game doesn't load up the newveh.img even though it's placed in the D:\Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\pc\models\cdimages folder and even though the images.txt file in the D:\Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\common\data is edited to have the last line like so:

platformimg:/data/maps/east/bronx_e 0
platformimg:/data/maps/east/bronx_e2 0
platformimg:/data/maps/east/bronx_w 0
platformimg:/data/maps/east/bronx_w2 0
platformimg:/models/cdimages/newveh 1

#map xref

#map instance

So why doesn't the game load the new car and recognize the new model? I've went thru your instructions over a dozen times, lol and i can't seem to find my lapse. Maybe i'm running a wrong version of GTA4? Perhaps i need to upgrade or downgrade to a different version? Or perhaps my OpenIV has created an .img file that is incompatible or unreadable by the game.

Prior to your update of the first post you suggested to place the new model in the vechicle.img directly instead of making a new newveh.img file and placing it there. I tried that, and it WORKED! The game recognized the model and when i typed "spawn test" in the console in the game the vehicle spawned in front of me, but same problem as that guy had. It didn't load the textures or the tires. I read the other guys post where he says the IDs are unique for each object so to overcome that problem the new cars have to load last and in order to do that you need the newveh.img, but the wtf and wtd files in there are not recognized by the game. That's what it comes down to.

Any help will be greatly appreciated mate, if you have the time to look at this, here are all the files i modded. Perhaps i screwed something up somewhere. You can maybe run these files on your system and see if you have the same problem. Thanx for helping an old GTA fan sort out his mess smile.gif

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:01 PM Edited by Hypertenzion, 24 October 2009 - 01:07 PM.

QUOTE (Alexander Morgan @ Oct 24 2009, 14:41)
Hello this is a great find and i'm really glad that the creator of this post is still around cause i really need help with this mate. I just can't get it to work and there is no reasonable explanation as to why it wont work.

Here's the problem:

I do everything you post in the first post, Word by Word, Letter by Letter. I name the new files EXACTLY like you do. I play the game and run the console. I type "spawn test" and the game says it doesn't find that model, which means the game doesn't load up the newveh.img even though it's placed in the D:\Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\pc\models\cdimages folder and even though the images.txt file in the D:\Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\common\data is edited to have the last line like so:

platformimg:/models/cdimages/newveh  1

#map xref

#map instance

So why doesn't the game load the new car and recognize the new model? I've went thru your instructions over a dozen times, lol and i can't seem to find my lapse. Maybe i'm running a wrong version of GTA4? Perhaps i need to upgrade or downgrade to a different version? Or perhaps my OpenIV has created an .img file that is incompatible or unreadable by the game.

Prior to your update of the first post you suggested to place the new model in the vechicle.img directly instead of making a new newveh.img file and placing it there. I tried that, and it WORKED! The game recognized the model and when i typed "spawn test" in the console in the game the vehicle spawned in front of me, but same problem as that guy had. It didn't load the textures or the tires. I read the other guys post where he says the IDs are unique for each object so to overcome that problem the new cars have to load last and in order to do that you need the newveh.img, but the wtf and wtd files in there are not recognized by the game. That's what it comes down to.

Any help will be greatly appreciated mate, if you have the time to look at this, here are all the files i modded. Perhaps i screwed something up somewhere. You can maybe run these files on your system and see if you have the same problem. Thanx for helping an old GTA fan sort out his mess smile.gif

If you've followed this tutorial form top to bottom, you should have no problem.
I get an error very often that the object is not recognized or model not found and it always helps if you try to use the command "spawn test" at least 3 times different places. Not like 1 different place on every island, but if there are alot of other ped cars around you, move away from them and try to spawn where you have a clear sight of about 5 meters infront of you without anything in your way smile.gif
EDIT: I'll upload my files, so you can see them as an example. And it WORKS here alien.gif

Alexander Morgan
  • Alexander Morgan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2009 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE (Hypertenzion @ Oct 24 2009, 13:01)

Here's the problem:

#map xref

#map instance

If you've followed this tutorial form top to bottom, you should have no problem.
I get an error very often that the object is not recognized or model not found and it always helps if you try to use the command "spawn test" at least 3 times different places. Not like 1 different place on every island, but if there are alot of other ped cars around you, move away from them and try to spawn where you have a clear sight of about 5 meters infront of you without anything in your way smile.gif
EDIT: I'll upload my files, so you can see them as an example. And it WORKS here alien.gif

Well if you can upload them, that'd be great. I could run them on my system and see what happens. It would rule out if its an error coming from my setup or the game version i have or something else. I just tried the spawn test several times on different locations, clear places with no cars, on one island, then on all three islands... No luck.

goodmakers
  • goodmakers

TI FAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 October 2009 - 03:05 PM

GTA IV is simple for moding then gta sa .In sa its very hard to add new cars it needs applications

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 24 October 2009 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (Alexander Morgan @ Oct 24 2009, 16:28)
QUOTE (Hypertenzion @ Oct 24 2009, 13:01)

Here's the problem:

#map xref

#map instance

Well if you can upload them, that'd be great. I could run them on my system and see what happens. It would rule out if its an error coming from my setup or the game version i have or something else. I just tried the spawn test several times on different locations, clear places with no cars, on one island, then on all three islands... No luck.

Here you go:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HGVPQODW
Hope it helps smile.gif

Just note... that I use the seperate image "newveh.ide" and not the vehicles.ide image as suggested earlier in this topic.

mataanjin
  • mataanjin

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 October 2009 - 04:35 PM

@Alexander Morgan
i don't have the game installed now, so i'll only give suggestion tounge.gif

what car did you try to add?
Try this
1. extract any original car (wtd & wtf) from vehicles.img ->rename it to test.wtf & test.wtd
2. make newveh.img using latest OPENIV
3. add that car to newveh.img
follow my tut again smile.gif

can you spawn the added car?

if you can't you can use vehicles.img to add new car,
than you don't need to use newveh.img(it's only so we don't mess the default file too much)

Alexander Morgan
  • Alexander Morgan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2009 - 04:56 PM Edited by Alexander Morgan, 24 October 2009 - 07:02 PM.

Thank you both for your support. I'll try these files you uploaded Hypertenzion and see if they work and in what they differ from my own. If that doesn't work, i'll try your method mataanjin, and test if the spawning goes ahead with a default model from the game. Will let you know what comes up.

Edit: I installed the files you provided Hypertenzion, and again the new cars didn't load, so that means something else is up. I suspect it might be due to the fact that i've patched my game with the latest patch (v1.0.4.0) and it somehow alters the read out of the files. Ah well....

10x again for the help guys wink.gif

Jimbo_V
  • Jimbo_V

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 October 2009 - 11:54 PM

I added 10 cars or so and it works perfect. (Thanks for that man! colgate.gif ) Now I wanted to add a heli the sparrowhilator from smokey8808, which replaces the anihilator. So I wanted to add it as a new chopper. It works and all I added a new handling line and instead of vehshare, I added vehshare_truck for it. But the only prob is, the miniguns won't shoot.
Does anyone know where it is defined? Or how I could change it/add something?

Thanks in Advance. cool.gif

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 25 October 2009 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE (Alexander Morgan @ Oct 24 2009, 18:56)
Thank you both for your support. I'll try these files you uploaded Hypertenzion and see if they work and in what they differ from my own. If that doesn't work, i'll try your method mataanjin, and test if the spawning goes ahead with a default model from the game. Will let you know what comes up.

Edit: I installed the files you provided Hypertenzion, and again the new cars didn't load, so that means something else is up. I suspect it might be due to the fact that i've patched my game with the latest patch (v1.0.4.0) and it somehow alters the read out of the files. Ah well....

10x again for the help guys wink.gif

I also have the 1.0.4.0 installed. No problems from here.
You just shout out loud and we'll look into the problem if needed cool.gif

mataanjin
  • mataanjin

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:08 AM

QUOTE (Jimbo_V @ Oct 24 2009, 23:54)
I added 10 cars or so and it works perfect. (Thanks for that man! colgate.gif ) Now I wanted to add a heli the sparrowhilator from smokey8808, which replaces the anihilator. So I wanted to add it as a new chopper. It works and all I added a new handling line and instead of vehshare, I added vehshare_truck for it. But the only prob is, the miniguns won't shoot.
Does anyone know where it is defined? Or how I could change it/add something?

Thanks in Advance. cool.gif

shooting ability, sirine and such is considered a special vehicle attribute and can't be added at this moment.

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:13 AM

what will happen if you add to mutch cars will the game crash however this is wounderful news i hope sparkiv adds that function in there program to make adding more simple

mataanjin
  • mataanjin

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE (zzcool @ Oct 26 2009, 04:13)
what will happen if you add to mutch cars will the game crash however this is wounderful news i hope sparkiv adds that function in there program to make adding more simple

yes the game will crash when you add more than 24 Vehicle

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users