Photo

Add New Car GTA IV

762 replies to this topic
Lupin_III
  • Lupin_III

Le Voleur.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:44 PM Edited by Lupin_III, 07 May 2015 - 01:47 PM.

I have 78 added vehicles and shared handling does absolutely nothing. In my case, it's the position of the handling line itself.

If we can somehow 'shift' handling line positions without actually moving their spots (without jeopardizing other vehicles' handling lines), using the Limit Adjuster, then hopefully the suspension bug can be solved. For now, there's nothing I can really do about it.

It might be dependent on one's system, but I highly doubt that because:

Weird. I have currently 70 new vehicles added without replacing, no glitches at all, everything works fine.

I feel as though he has some vehicles in there that are indeed glitched, because newhandling.dat can only have but so many handling lines without any of them being unaffected by the bug.

I don't want to remove any vehicles, because not only may that compromise other vehicles due to the positions of their handling lines being moved including the afflicted ones, I don't want to remove any of my vehicles on the count of a bug that has a chance to be corrected.

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 21 June 2015 - 05:23 PM

http://gtaforums.com...r/?p=1067636047

Increasing the limits of handling.cfg lines became possible with limit adjuster, version 1.9.
  • LevelDockSix likes this

Lupin_III
  • Lupin_III

Le Voleur.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2015 - 05:43 PM Edited by Lupin_III, 21 June 2015 - 05:44 PM.

Increasing the limits of handling.cfg lines became possible with limit adjuster, version 1.9.

I'm going to try this out now, but I have 2 questions:

1. Does enabling #Apply handling.cfg patch (1) actually allow me to 'add' more handling lines to handling.cfg?

2. Would the Limit Adjuster eventually support custom handling files like newhandling.dat and newimg.ide for added vehicles?

(I'm hoping we can correct the handling bug).

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:27 PM

1. Does enabling #Apply handling.cfg patch (1) actually allow me to 'add' more handling lines to handling.cfg?
2. Would the Limit Adjuster eventually support custom handling files like newhandling.dat and newimg.ide for added vehicles?
(I'm hoping we can correct the handling bug).

1. "Apply handling.cfg patch" enables handling.cfg limits.
Settings like "Number of standard lines" will be read.
2. No.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

*pulls the trigger*

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 July 2015 - 01:08 PM

Fastman, the limit adjuster is for SA o.o

Lupin_III
  • Lupin_III

Le Voleur.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2015 - 10:33 AM Edited by Lupin_III, 12 July 2015 - 10:42 AM.

1. Does enabling #Apply handling.cfg patch (1) actually allow me to 'add' more handling lines to handling.cfg?
2. Would the Limit Adjuster eventually support custom handling files like newhandling.dat and newimg.ide for added vehicles?
(I'm hoping we can correct the handling bug).

1. "Apply handling.cfg patch" enables handling.cfg limits.
Settings like "Number of standard lines" will be read.
2. No.

Thanks.

Fastman, the limit adjuster is for SA o.o

fastman92 limit adjuster

GloomyFilthyAsianpiedstarling.gif

LazyDeterminedGiantschnauzer.gif

...Supported games: GTA VC, GTA SA, GTA IV.

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2015 - 08:29 AM

GTA IV by default assigns the vehicle sounds by Game name, as defined in IDE:cars line of vehicle.

The Game name is used as identifier for GXT entry, too.

Game name controls both GXT entry and vehicle sounds.

When adding a new vehicle there's a problem that it must use a default Game name or there will be no sound.

Not anymore!

http://gtaforums.com...limit-adjuster/

Vehicle audio loader for GTA IV allows to assign the sounds for every vehicle and those no longer depend on Game name.

Vehicle will be assigned sounds depending on model name, not by Game name anymore.

Moroever, it's possible to configure a lot of sound options.

• LevelDockSix likes this

Lupin_III
  • Lupin_III

Le Voleur.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:32 PM Edited by Lupin_III, 24 September 2015 - 07:47 PM.

Due to the new capabilities of the Vehicle Audio Loader in the updated version of Fastman92's Limit Adjuster, added car names can now be customized without the use of any additional mods.

You can start by enabling the VAL (Vehicle Audio Loader) addon in the Limit Adjuster's .ini file by setting its value to “1,” if it hasn't been already, and make sure the line is uncommented by removing the number symbol preceding the line.

nei87c.png

Now, navigate to the installed location of the gtaiv_vehicleAudioSettings.ini file in /pc/audio/Config/, and open it (in Notepad++ preferably, to keep everything organized).

9s3vgy.png

Upon opening this file, you will see the sections for each individual vehicle in GTA IV, each containing the vehicle's audio settings.
• NOTE: I folded every entry by pressing ALT + 0, or going to “View > Fold All,” so it will look like this.

xf9to1.png

For your added car, you need to add a new entry for it; whether you insert into the list alphabetically, or at the end of the list to differentiate IV's vehicles from your added ones.

• NOTE: I originally intended to keep mine alphabetical, but at the end of my list, I simply grouped all of my added cars. The order does NOT matter.

Start by entering the added vehicle's model name in brackets, which would be the new entry. Press enter, and begin on the new line. The lines immediately beneath the entry name would be where the individual vehicle audio settings would begin.

20fwck2.png

Choose a vehicle whose sounds you would want to use, and then unfold its section by clicking the unfold button next to the entry. Copy the vehicle sound settings, beginning at the line beneath the initial entry and ending at the blank space (marking the end of the entry), and then go back to your added car's custom entry.

2cg0sgp.png

On the blank line beneath your added car entry, paste the vehicle audio settings you just copied, and make sure there is a blank space beneath the last line of the set of audio settings.

10iebmw.png

To begin a new added car entry in-line beneath your first one, create a new added car entry based from your added car's model name in brackets, and then repeat these steps.

Now, to change (or add) the GXT entry.
Start by opening Xman's GXT editor for GTA IV, and opening the american.gxt file, located in /common/text/.

Once the file is loaded, navigate to the table named “MAIN,” by clicking it in the upper left table window, and the table entries will load in the right window.

23w2xyo.png

A new entry must be added for your custom car.
Do this by right-clicking the 'Name' column within the right window, and click “Add Item.”

2emn6zd.png

A window appears; the topmost field containing the actual name of your value, which is your model name, and the larger field beneath it—which would contain the actual name of your added vehicle. Do not worry about the CRC field; this information will be automatically generated based off of the model name and added car name entries you input.

Insert the corresponding information into these fields, and then click 'Okay' to submit the entry information into the table.

2me1gte.png

Once you've added your entry into the table, go to File > Save to save your changes and then exit the program.

Alternatively. as of version 2.1 of the Limit Adjuster, you can simply write the game name of the replaced/added vehicle and its real name in the vehicles.fxt file in the Grand Theft Auto IV/FXT/ directory. After this, you can save the file, and the process will be completed.

2up4duh.png

• NOTE: Some of the game names of the vehicles in the above screenshot are incorrect because I didn't finish editing the file.

The last part simply involves changing your added car model names in your vehicle.ide file. Whether or not you use a custom IDE file does not matter.
Open your IDE file and locate your added car's entry. Change the 4th name entry, the model name, to the added car's model name (wft/wtd files), and then save the IDE file. At this point, all parts of the process are complete.

Open GTA IV, spawn your car via the scripthook console (~), and type “spawn _______.”
Your car should appear, and then enter it to test its sounds.

• NOTE: Upon using Fastman's Limit Adjuster to increase the number of acceptable handling lines for handling.dat (from 160 to 260+), this WILL correct the annoying handling bug issue.

For those of us using added car handling.ide files (newhandling.ide), you do NOT need to transfer the lines from this file to handling.cfg. ANY form of handling.ide will work.

The reason the bug occurs is because adding the extra handling line of your added car somehow interferes with the bikes' handling line section, which ultimately causes issues.

• fastman92 and LevelDockSix like this

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:17 AM

'IDE:cars' limit:

GTA IV 1.0  - max 150 vehicles

GTA IV 1.7 - max 205 vehicles

dkluin
  • dkluin

GTA:Underground Developer

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 October 2015 - 08:46 AM

My game keeps crashing when adding new vehicles to IV?

It either randomly crashes on loadscreen, or 50 seconds after I load my savegame.

GTA4LIFE9000
  • GTA4LIFE9000

Thug

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 19 November 2015 - 04:03 PM

My game keeps crashing when adding new vehicles to IV?

It either randomly crashes on loadscreen, or 50 seconds after I load my savegame.

Mine too when I tried to add TLAD and TBOGT vehicles.

elektronikcz
  • elektronikcz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 December 2015 - 03:53 PM

So, i used this tutorial and after 30 minutes of me searching for quite obvious mistake, i got it to work. The problem is, that only about 3 cars spawn and (btw. using simple native trainer) with the rest, the trainer just freezes for a while and then it says it couldnt find the model. Has anyone encoutered this issue ? If needed i will post newveh.img, newhandling.dat and newveh.ide.

allman105
  • allman105

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 December 2015 - 11:55 PM

I have 78 added vehicles and shared handling does absolutely nothing. In my case, it's the position of the handling line itself.

If we can somehow 'shift' handling line positions without actually moving their spots (without jeopardizing other vehicles' handling lines), using the Limit Adjuster, then hopefully the suspension bug can be solved. For now, there's nothing I can really do about it.

It might be dependent on one's system, but I highly doubt that because:

Weird. I have currently 70 new vehicles added without replacing, no glitches at all, everything works fine.

I feel as though he has some vehicles in there that are indeed glitched, because newhandling.dat can only have but so many handling lines without any of them being unaffected by the bug.

I don't want to remove any vehicles, because not only may that compromise other vehicles due to the positions of their handling lines being moved including the afflicted ones, I don't want to remove any of my vehicles on the count of a bug that has a chance to be corrected.

hi guys, merry christmas!!!

i really need help on the missing texture issue, and i think this topic is the best place for me to ask since i tried all solutions in the texture fix threads but nothing seems to be working. i'd really like to know how you can add up to 70 cars and not experience the texture missing issue? can you share me your settings and your .img file size?

i'm on new 3GB GTX970 and 16GB RAM, GTA IV 1.0.7.0, i dont think the issue is with my rig.

help me!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users