Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:36 PM

Dude i need help i am getting a loading error pls help pls pls pls pls

Jackhio
  • Jackhio

Player Hater

• New Members
  • India

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:52 AM

hey.....i added a car...Audi...everything was ok....except...there was no engine sound....no car horn sound...i was able to drive the car...but there was no sound...every other car was having sound but not the added car....????/...

why ?...can you plz help ?

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

._.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:06 PM

hey.....i added a car...Audi...everything was ok....except...there was no engine sound....no car horn sound...i was able to drive the car...but there was no sound...every other car was having sound but not the added car....????/...

Give me your newveh.ide line of the car.

NicoandLuis
  • NicoandLuis

I can't keep calm, I'm Russian

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

I posted something about this issue just a page before...

murphislaw
  • murphislaw

Fartibus Altibus

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:00 AM Edited by murphislaw, 21 June 2014 - 05:10 PM.

I have zero programming knowledge but can follow a well written set of instructions to install mods which I have done on many games, you would have seen me post here a lot sooner if I had not bothered to read and use Google for what it is intended, still I've only had the game a week.

I followed the advice given for the method to install added cars. With a few minor changes:

I copied the vehicle.img file using windows and renamed it, then opened it in OpenIV and deleted all  the contents, then added my own, one car.

I copied the handling.dat file as above and deleted all entries for stock cars, then added my own, one car, renamed it.

I copied the vehicles.ide  file as above and deleted all entries for stock cars, then added my own, one car, renamed it.

I edited the cargrp.dat as described but found too many of the new cars spawned in game, so I deleted that entry. The new car still spawned parked but far rarer. Still very occasional ped driving one. I'm using 'Simple native trainer v6.5'. I noted @ADDM's post http://gtaforums.com...entry1064819208  and will be incorporating that in my new vehicle.ide's. I am also going to test to see if this can be used as an easier, simpler fix to the infinite taxi bug.

When editing the 'carcols.dat' I noted that the (hash)numbers had to be replaced if using the carcols values given with new cars, so I didn't use those, only the values given for the 'car3' and 'car4' sections. It all seems to work fine, but of course, I don't know the original modders intended colours. It did occur to me that changing the 'sequential' values would change stock cars and so this is why I chose not to use the modders intended new colour values.

I edited the 'vehoff.csv' as described further down the post in a reply. Worked fine.

All of the above shows added car working fine but had the infinite taxi bug after only one car and so had to install 'TrafficLoad'. This didn't work initially but I discovered my chosen ENB preset  - CryENB V1 by Fabriciuz - had included an extra 'asi' loader  namely 'dsound.dll'. I deleted that and it worked fine.

I have been wondering:

I note that in 'default.dat' under 'Object types' there is the link to 'IDE common:/data/vehicles.ide'. If this file links the vehicles.ide here then could we add the newveh.ide entry here? If so, how many instances? What would be the effect?

I also note that 'default.dat' now has 2 entries for 'HANDLING', where we added the 'newhandling.dat' reference. If we can have multiple entries in this section of this type what is the limit?

This has implications for mod installing. If we can have multiple 'csv', 'dat', 'ide' and 'img' files, then modders need only include these with their mods and they can be added to the game with much less editing. So there would be far fewer posts from people installing mods and getting the editing wrong. It would then not be required to use SparkIV or OpenIV to install car mods. (Except for those that want to create/edit mods). I know this works (except the CSV) because I used this method to add one car with its own unique vehicle.img, vehicle.ide and handling.dat. I am going to try this multiple times and get back to you.

It would be useful if someone could let me know how the 'carcols.dat' is called and whether this can have multiple instances as the 'handling.dat' does. If so maybe we can have a carcols.dat unique to each car mod and again much less editing/easier install.

My system:

Windows 7 x64  build 7601 (Dot net 4. C++ 2010)

Steam - GTA IV version 1.0.7.0

Steam - EFLC version 1.1.2.0

xliveless-0.999b7

Aru's ScriptHook.dll - version 0.5.1.0

OpenIV latest version.

Hope you found this informative. Thank you very much for all the very helpful instructions given in this post.

murphislaw
  • murphislaw

Fartibus Altibus

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:45 AM Edited by murphislaw, 21 June 2014 - 08:55 AM.

Ok, so  I have been playing with the Freq and MaxNum values in the vehicle.ide. I'm not sure if it really is true yet but editing the IDE seems to make no difference unless I change the line:

platformimg:/models/cdimages/vehicles 0 to 1, in the 'images.txt' file. The game runs whatever value is put there so the default 0 is not a gamebreaker to change.

The good news is I can cure the infinite taxi situation, the bad news - the problem transfers to a different car. It depends on what area of the map you are in. Certain vehicles infinitely spawn in certain areas.  Another odd thing. If you follow a huge line of taxis into another area, as long as you look forward, the taxis continue. If you look behind there will be another car model in huge amounts behind you.

I am gradually coming to the conclusion that either a fine-tuning of the vehicle.ide is required or, more likely, that the Freq and MaxNum values are being overridden (a multiplyer?) by another file which balances the car type by area. The thing that leads me to the second conclusion is that traffic density reduces as I reduce the frequency and max number of cars affected. It seems odd to me that Rockstar would have a value in the vehicle.ide which appears to be set to ?max for almost all cars. Also, why would adding one car upset this obviously very delicate balancing? If anybody has any clue why or what that other file might be I'd appreciate a heads up. If anyone can suggest further reading on the subject that would also be helpful.

Two things I have noted, the number and frequency of the added car (unique newveh.ide) does not change. Presumably unless I change the Freq and MaxNum values, which I haven't done yet. The more you decrease the other cars/taxis and police vehicles, the more police vehicles spawn. I know this sounds odd but when I put the values of police vehicles to Freq=1 and MaxNum=5 there are still huge numbers of police vehicles. There seems to be a hierarchy system. It was spooky to see only massive numbers of police cars around me!!

You're probably wondering, why is this guy wasting his time when TrafficLoad fixes the problem? Well there are a few reasons. I think it an inelegant solution to fix a gamebug by adding further scripts that add to complexity and require system resources. Also, using an 'asi' script that is system and version dependent is a lot less efficient than fixing the true problem.

But most of all it's just a very interesting exercise, if it fails, no big deal. I've had some fun seeing the spooky effects playing with the code has.

There are also probably some out there who have already tried to tackle this problem in which case, either they have tried all the things I am trying and can just laugh at my ignorance. Or they may note some of the things I'm trying and it may rekindle their interest, either way, I'm having fun.

MiniMe943
  • MiniMe943

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:48 AM Edited by MiniMe943, 27 June 2014 - 06:31 PM.

Having a problem adding a car... go figure...

I'm trying to add the Panto from GTA V (http://www.gta4-mods...-v-panto-f28637).

These are the files I've got in my directories. When I start up EFLC and then TBoGT, it gets halfway through loading before crashing... I've tried to troubleshoot it myself to no avail so I come to the forums today hoping someone else can see what's wrong.

Thanks for taking a look. :)

EFLC>TBoGT>content.dat

Spoiler

EFLC>TBoGT>common>data>images.txt

Spoiler

EFLC>common>data>default.dat

Spoiler

EFLC>common>data>gta.dat

Spoiler

EFLC>common>data>images.txt

Spoiler

EFLC>common>data>carcols.dat

Spoiler

EFLC>common>data>newhandling.dat

Spoiler

EFLC>common>data>newveh.ide

Spoiler

EFLC>common>data>cargrp.dat

Spoiler

EDIT: I have added cars to GTA IV many a time before with no problems whatsoever. This is my first time adding cars to EFLC, and it's virtually the same process so I'm not sure what's wrong with it...

EDIT: Solved.

Bondergomme
  • Bondergomme

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:46 AM

Yeah... EFLC crash whenever I load TBOGT. I only install one vehicle and I follow every step. I even reinstall my EFLC and redo everything properly.

The EFLC step ask to install Alexander file decrypter but this tool isn't supported for the newest patch of EFLC

MazharJ
  • MazharJ

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:38 PM

Hello everyone,

I am stuck at 38 added cars to GTA IV with no replaced cars and I tried mutliple things to add more but crashes.

Please help

Thanks

GTAHitman47
  • GTAHitman47

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:06 PM

hey man the car i added is working perfectly but there's no engine sound,drifting sound and no horn sound  :sui:  :sui:

help my please

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

._.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:28 AM

hey man the car i added is working perfectly but there's no engine sound,drifting sound and no horn sound  :sui:  :sui:

help my please

Show me your newveh.ide line of the car.

Random Username
  • Random Username

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:17 AM Edited by Random Username, 19 August 2014 - 10:35 AM.

Having a problem adding a car... go figure...

I'm trying to add the Panto from GTA V (http://www.gta4-mods...-v-panto-f28637).

These are the files I've got in my directories. When I start up EFLC and then TBoGT, it gets halfway through loading before crashing... I've tried to troubleshoot it myself to no avail so I come to the forums today hoping someone else can see what's wrong.

Thanks for taking a look. :)

EDIT: I have added cars to GTA IV many a time before with no problems whatsoever. This is my first time adding cars to EFLC, and it's virtually the same process so I'm not sure what's wrong with it...

EDIT: Solved.

How did you solve it? I have the exact same problem. :(

Edit: I think the problem may lie in the newveh.ide, can anyone please check this one?

Spoiler

Edit 2: OK , I got the problem cornered now ;)

As soon as I add newhandling.dat to default.dat and content.dat, it crashes. Here is the handling line, any ideas?

Spoiler

BTW, I'm running EFLC 1.1.2.0 on Win8.1 x64, if that helps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users