Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:36 PM

Dude i need help i am getting a loading error pls help pls pls pls pls

Jackhio
  • Jackhio

Player Hater

• New Members
  • India

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:52 AM

hey.....i added a car...Audi...everything was ok....except...there was no engine sound....no car horn sound...i was able to drive the car...but there was no sound...every other car was having sound but not the added car....????/...

why ?...can you plz help ?

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Recently listening to a lot of Aphex Twin...

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:06 PM

hey.....i added a car...Audi...everything was ok....except...there was no engine sound....no car horn sound...i was able to drive the car...but there was no sound...every other car was having sound but not the added car....????/...

Give me your newveh.ide line of the car.

NicoandLuis
  • NicoandLuis

I can't keep calm, I'm Russian

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

I posted something about this issue just a page before...

murphislaw
  • murphislaw

Fartibus Altibus

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:00 AM Edited by murphislaw, 21 June 2014 - 05:10 PM.

I have zero programming knowledge but can follow a well written set of instructions to install mods which I have done on many games, you would have seen me post here a lot sooner if I had not bothered to read and use Google for what it is intended, still I've only had the game a week.

I followed the advice given for the method to install added cars. With a few minor changes:

I copied the vehicle.img file using windows and renamed it, then opened it in OpenIV and deleted all  the contents, then added my own, one car.

I copied the handling.dat file as above and deleted all entries for stock cars, then added my own, one car, renamed it.

I copied the vehicles.ide  file as above and deleted all entries for stock cars, then added my own, one car, renamed it.

I edited the cargrp.dat as described but found too many of the new cars spawned in game, so I deleted that entry. The new car still spawned parked but far rarer. Still very occasional ped driving one. I'm using 'Simple native trainer v6.5'. I noted @ADDM's post http://gtaforums.com...entry1064819208  and will be incorporating that in my new vehicle.ide's. I am also going to test to see if this can be used as an easier, simpler fix to the infinite taxi bug.

When editing the 'carcols.dat' I noted that the (hash)numbers had to be replaced if using the carcols values given with new cars, so I didn't use those, only the values given for the 'car3' and 'car4' sections. It all seems to work fine, but of course, I don't know the original modders intended colours. It did occur to me that changing the 'sequential' values would change stock cars and so this is why I chose not to use the modders intended new colour values.

I edited the 'vehoff.csv' as described further down the post in a reply. Worked fine.

All of the above shows added car working fine but had the infinite taxi bug after only one car and so had to install 'TrafficLoad'. This didn't work initially but I discovered my chosen ENB preset  - CryENB V1 by Fabriciuz - had included an extra 'asi' loader  namely 'dsound.dll'. I deleted that and it worked fine.

I have been wondering:

I note that in 'default.dat' under 'Object types' there is the link to 'IDE common:/data/vehicles.ide'. If this file links the vehicles.ide here then could we add the newveh.ide entry here? If so, how many instances? What would be the effect?

I also note that 'default.dat' now has 2 entries for 'HANDLING', where we added the 'newhandling.dat' reference. If we can have multiple entries in this section of this type what is the limit?

This has implications for mod installing. If we can have multiple 'csv', 'dat', 'ide' and 'img' files, then modders need only include these with their mods and they can be added to the game with much less editing. So there would be far fewer posts from people installing mods and getting the editing wrong. It would then not be required to use SparkIV or OpenIV to install car mods. (Except for those that want to create/edit mods). I know this works (except the CSV) because I used this method to add one car with its own unique vehicle.img, vehicle.ide and handling.dat. I am going to try this multiple times and get back to you.

It would be useful if someone could let me know how the 'carcols.dat' is called and whether this can have multiple instances as the 'handling.dat' does. If so maybe we can have a carcols.dat unique to each car mod and again much less editing/easier install.

My system:

Windows 7 x64  build 7601 (Dot net 4. C++ 2010)

Steam - GTA IV version 1.0.7.0

Steam - EFLC version 1.1.2.0

xliveless-0.999b7

Aru's ScriptHook.dll - version 0.5.1.0

OpenIV latest version.

Hope you found this informative. Thank you very much for all the very helpful instructions given in this post.

murphislaw
  • murphislaw

Fartibus Altibus

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:45 AM Edited by murphislaw, 21 June 2014 - 08:55 AM.

Ok, so  I have been playing with the Freq and MaxNum values in the vehicle.ide. I'm not sure if it really is true yet but editing the IDE seems to make no difference unless I change the line:

platformimg:/models/cdimages/vehicles 0 to 1, in the 'images.txt' file. The game runs whatever value is put there so the default 0 is not a gamebreaker to change.

The good news is I can cure the infinite taxi situation, the bad news - the problem transfers to a different car. It depends on what area of the map you are in. Certain vehicles infinitely spawn in certain areas.  Another odd thing. If you follow a huge line of taxis into another area, as long as you look forward, the taxis continue. If you look behind there will be another car model in huge amounts behind you.

I am gradually coming to the conclusion that either a fine-tuning of the vehicle.ide is required or, more likely, that the Freq and MaxNum values are being overridden (a multiplyer?) by another file which balances the car type by area. The thing that leads me to the second conclusion is that traffic density reduces as I reduce the frequency and max number of cars affected. It seems odd to me that Rockstar would have a value in the vehicle.ide which appears to be set to ?max for almost all cars. Also, why would adding one car upset this obviously very delicate balancing? If anybody has any clue why or what that other file might be I'd appreciate a heads up. If anyone can suggest further reading on the subject that would also be helpful.

Two things I have noted, the number and frequency of the added car (unique newveh.ide) does not change. Presumably unless I change the Freq and MaxNum values, which I haven't done yet. The more you decrease the other cars/taxis and police vehicles, the more police vehicles spawn. I know this sounds odd but when I put the values of police vehicles to Freq=1 and MaxNum=5 there are still huge numbers of police vehicles. There seems to be a hierarchy system. It was spooky to see only massive numbers of police cars around me!!

You're probably wondering, why is this guy wasting his time when TrafficLoad fixes the problem? Well there are a few reasons. I think it an inelegant solution to fix a gamebug by adding further scripts that add to complexity and require system resources. Also, using an 'asi' script that is system and version dependent is a lot less efficient than fixing the true problem.

But most of all it's just a very interesting exercise, if it fails, no big deal. I've had some fun seeing the spooky effects playing with the code has.

There are also probably some out there who have already tried to tackle this problem in which case, either they have tried all the things I am trying and can just laugh at my ignorance. Or they may note some of the things I'm trying and it may rekindle their interest, either way, I'm having fun.

MiniMe943
  • MiniMe943

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:48 AM Edited by MiniMe943, 27 June 2014 - 06:31 PM.

Having a problem adding a car... go figure...

I'm trying to add the Panto from GTA V (http://www.gta4-mods...-v-panto-f28637).

These are the files I've got in my directories. When I start up EFLC and then TBoGT, it gets halfway through loading before crashing... I've tried to troubleshoot it myself to no avail so I come to the forums today hoping someone else can see what's wrong.

Thanks for taking a look. :)

EFLC>TBoGT>content.dat

Spoiler

EFLC>TBoGT>common>data>images.txt

Spoiler

EFLC>common>data>default.dat

Spoiler

EFLC>common>data>gta.dat

Spoiler

EFLC>common>data>images.txt

Spoiler

EFLC>common>data>carcols.dat

Spoiler

EFLC>common>data>newhandling.dat

Spoiler

EFLC>common>data>newveh.ide

Spoiler

EFLC>common>data>cargrp.dat

Spoiler

EDIT: I have added cars to GTA IV many a time before with no problems whatsoever. This is my first time adding cars to EFLC, and it's virtually the same process so I'm not sure what's wrong with it...

EDIT: Solved.

Bondergomme
  • Bondergomme

j'la Pologne pas

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:46 AM

Yeah... EFLC crash whenever I load TBOGT. I only install one vehicle and I follow every step. I even reinstall my EFLC and redo everything properly.

The EFLC step ask to install Alexander file decrypter but this tool isn't supported for the newest patch of EFLC

MazharJ
  • MazharJ

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:38 PM

Hello everyone,

I am stuck at 38 added cars to GTA IV with no replaced cars and I tried mutliple things to add more but crashes.

Please help

Thanks

GTAHitman47
  • GTAHitman47

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:06 PM

hey man the car i added is working perfectly but there's no engine sound,drifting sound and no horn sound  :sui:  :sui:

help my please

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Recently listening to a lot of Aphex Twin...

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:28 AM

hey man the car i added is working perfectly but there's no engine sound,drifting sound and no horn sound  :sui:  :sui:

help my please

Show me your newveh.ide line of the car.

Random Username
  • Random Username

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:17 AM Edited by Random Username, 19 August 2014 - 10:35 AM.

Having a problem adding a car... go figure...

I'm trying to add the Panto from GTA V (http://www.gta4-mods...-v-panto-f28637).

These are the files I've got in my directories. When I start up EFLC and then TBoGT, it gets halfway through loading before crashing... I've tried to troubleshoot it myself to no avail so I come to the forums today hoping someone else can see what's wrong.

Thanks for taking a look. :)

EDIT: I have added cars to GTA IV many a time before with no problems whatsoever. This is my first time adding cars to EFLC, and it's virtually the same process so I'm not sure what's wrong with it...

EDIT: Solved.

How did you solve it? I have the exact same problem. :(

Edit: I think the problem may lie in the newveh.ide, can anyone please check this one?

Spoiler

Edit 2: OK , I got the problem cornered now ;)

As soon as I add newhandling.dat to default.dat and content.dat, it crashes. Here is the handling line, any ideas?

Spoiler

BTW, I'm running EFLC 1.1.2.0 on Win8.1 x64, if that helps.

amraction
  • amraction

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Egypt

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:54 PM

i tried and successfully added some cars ..
but when i try to replace original cars .. the game crashes at loading ?

why is that ?!!!!

Rich246
  • Rich246

A Custom What?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:29 PM

Is it possible to create a new carcols.dat too or not?

Glenni91
  • Glenni91

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 31 December 2014 - 03:17 AM

Hi, this may be seen as a bump -  but I don't it would be worth it to create a new thread just for my question.

Ok so, in essence, by modifying the Eflcvehicles.ide file that comes with one of the EFLC car pack adder mods for gta 4, i've managed to add about 79 cars. But I seem to have hit a ceiling, any more IDE car lines added, and the game won't load. Is there any way to fix this, or is this the total limit of what I can add?

Lupin_III
  • Lupin_III

Le Voleur.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:47 AM Edited by Lupin_III, A week ago.

ORIGINAL POST:

Spoiler

EDIT 1: For the 39th car, I put the added car's handling and vehicle lines in the original handling.dat and vehicle.ide files, and placed the wft/wtd files in the newveh image file that contains the added vehicles. I launched GTA IV and there were no loading issues.

I spawned the vehicle, drove it around and experimented, again with no issues. No handling bug; nothing. :D

EDIT 2: For the 40th car, I did the same process, and I have encountered the infamous car wash bug.
I will start a new game, as I've read to do on a post in this thread, and see if the issue continues.
The car did not have any performance issues, either.

EDIT 3: For the 41st car, it seems to have undone the car wash bug, but I cannot use car washes because the internal details do not load, nor do I get a prompt when I drive into one. :monocle: The car did spawn without its hood, however. There didn't seem to be any performance issues aside from that minor feature. I tried fixing the car with the trainer, and the hood did not appear. It also seemed to be the only thing missing from the vehicle. I spawned more of the vehicle with the console, and none of those had hoods either.
I will switch the 41st car with another and see if it persists.

EDIT 3a: I have switched the 41st car, loaded GTA IV and spawned the vehicle. The hood and proper details have all loaded correctly, and the car did not have any performance issues. I'll see what happens with a 42nd car.

EDIT 4: I have added 42nd and 43rd cars to the game now using the original handling.ide/vehicles.ide files instead of the ones specifically for the added cars (which caused problems). I have not yet experienced any further issues with GTA IV and I will try to keep this post updated as I observe the game's behavior towards the newer cars.

EDIT 5/5a: I have attempted to add a 44th car to the game following the same method, and I was able to spawn the car. Touching it results in the car glitching into the ground and slamming into everything, eventually exploding when it slams back into the ground. I will switch cars and see if the issue persists.

I then switched the car with another one, loaded GTA IV and spawned the car. Miraculously, nothing was wrong with the vehicle. No performance issues or anything. I'll experiment with a 45th car.

EDIT 6: Added a 45th car, fired GTA IV up and spawned the vehicle. No performance issues. Although, when driving up Walnut Way in Northwood, Algonquin, there was this bizarre arc-shaped texture glitch that looked like a big black ring amidst the evening sky, and once I continued driving, the game crashed. I will go back to Walnut Way and see if it occurs again.

EDIT 7: Added NUMEROUS (33) cars until I finally hit the (apparent) limit of a whopping 77 cars. 

DETAILS:
Along the way, I did seem to notice that the handling bug returned, affecting certain vehicles that have also been added to the game. I am not sure what causes this exactly, but it is annoying because spawned cars which have been afflicted with the bug seem to be stationary bombs that explode or fly away when touched. Vehicles afflicted with the handling bug are obvious when spotted; elongated axles and springs stretching downward into an entangled mass of axlerods, springs and tires in an x shape, making the vehicle stand tall off of the ground, like a monster truck. The other form of the handling bug afflicts vehicles by making them wander aimlessly and in a destructive manner; flailing and slamming into other objects and vehicles as if the game's gravity does not affect it. The vehicles are facing in any direction, and are sometimes even overturned. These vehicles will continue 'wandering' until they slam into something forcefully enough to explode. Sometimes when driving, you will see vehicles that have been afflicted fly through the air (and possibly explode).  :wtf: :/

The handling bug did NOT occur until I added a specific amount of vehicles (I'm unsure about the number), and I do not know if removing the latest vehicles will undo the handling bug. Restarting the game does NOT change which vehicles are affected by the handling bug. The vehicles the handling bug affects could be selected sequentially, methodically, or systematically somehow.

I do not know if removing vehicles changes the sequence in which the handling bug essentially ruins other ones, but I do know that the cars that are affected, aren't chosen randomly per game (per game being every time IV is played). Notably, installing more vehicles does (in fact) change the sequence, system or method in which the handling bug affects them. The bug is also exclusive to added vehicles. I do not know the exact number of vehicles that have to be added to initiate the handling bug, but it does become more apparent as more vehicles are added.

NOTE:

I AM using the TrafficLoad script to spawn the 15 selected added cars of my choice (in traffic), and the aforementioned handling bug affects specific vehicles on that list. I took note of the afflicted vehicles and switched them with different vehicles I added in the TrafficLoad.ini file, so they wouldn't spawn anymore.

Removing the afflicted vehicles in the TrafficLoad.ini file from the added cars section DID solve the handling-bugged cars spawning in the city, however the bug STILL affects that specific vehicle, because spawning the vehicle manually (with a console/trainer) results in a vehicle with the handling bug. The third form of the handling bug affects vehicles by spawning them halfway into the ground, and making the tires unresponsive, essentially "dragging" the vehicle body across the ground aimlessly.

I have also noticed other strange bugs along the lines of specific objects spawning randomly. While driving through Alderney City, a bunch of FlyUS aircraft models began spawning everywhere inside and between buildings, inside cliffsides (the one near Beaverhead Avenue) and beneath streets, creating a bizarre atmosphere of wings, ailerons and cockpits jutting awkwardly out from buildings, hills, and beneath streets themselves. The models could be driven through, did not move (were static), and did not seem to affect pedestrians, traffic or other elements outside of the the buildings, streets and places they spawned in. The FlyUS aircraft was the only static model to spawn, and I did not see any other objects spawn (randomly).  :wtf: 

Starting a new game did not correct the issue {as I have read it did in another previous post}. On the way to Niko's Safehouse on Mohawk Avenue, a warehouse randomly spawned where Roman's Taxi Depot is located on Cisco Street and Iroquois Avenue. :wtf: The warehouse could be driven through, did not affect anything around it besides the place it spawned, and I did not see another warehouse spawn because at that point I quit the game.  :monocle:

I did not experience any random crashes of the game, except for the one time I experienced the texture glitch while driving on Walnut Way in Alderney. The glitch did NOT occur again afterwards, as I've driven to the location stayed there for a few minutes to observe traffic. There were no texture issues, and the game did not crash.

Upon attempting to add a 78th vehicle using the aforementioned method, the game crashed before it actually began loading. When I removed the offending vehicle, GTA IV loaded up perfectly.  :dontgetit: :/ 

I don't know if there is a limit in the newveh/newhandling/vehicles/handling files that prevents the game from loading, but attempting to install a 78th car by placing its vehicle/handling lines in any of the aforementioned 4 files (excluding carcols) crashes the game before it begins loading.

With my GTA IV now supporting 77 cars, I stood on the sidewalk in Algonquin Northwood by an intersection and watched the traffic patterns and also observed the game's behavior. I did not experience any anomalies with textures (glitching, vanishing, etc), nor with any vehicles.

If you want to see up to 15 of your added cars being driven in traffic, please use the TrafficLoad plugin that supports added vehicles.

So theoretically, the 3 unused handling lines that could be removed (as explained in a previous post), held slots in which added vehicles could occupy. Removing them will allow for more than 3 vehicles to be added to the game without it crashing (if done properly) I will experiment with a 40th, 41st, 42nd, 43rd, 44th, 45th, 46th... 73rd vehicle and update this post. Unless I'm missing another key source of information about extending the limit, mine is 77. I have about 25 more vehicles I certainly wouldn't mind adding, had it not been for the engine limit, or whatever limit is preventing IV from accepting another vehicle.

If you have more than 77 cars, please do share the information on how you managed to bypass the limit without crashing IV.  :colgate: :cookie:

Here is a list of the 84 vehicles I have replaced:

Spoiler

Here is a list of the 77 vehicles I have added:

Spoiler

Key:
• added/replaced with the primary method (newveh/newhandling files)
•• added with the secondary method (original files)
[NAME]: [YEAR, MAKE/MODEL]  Name of wft/wtd files; also used in data files.

I have edited my cargrp file properly, and the majority of the vehicles on this list do not spawn, with the exceptions of the FX35 and CONT62 models. I may have to do some more experimentation or just plain observation of traffic. Besides this, the game is fine.

TheBigCon4800
  • TheBigCon4800

Player Hater

• Members
  • Abkhazia

Posted 29 March 2015 - 11:24 PM

Can i please bump this thread? I added cars using the secondary method, they spawn, but they dont move at all and are bugged. Is there any help with this?

Lupin_III
  • Lupin_III

Le Voleur.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:07 AM

Can i please bump this thread? I added cars using the secondary method, they spawn, but they dont move at all and are bugged. Is there any help with this?

Did you try the first method of installing cars, first?

TheBigCon4800
  • TheBigCon4800

Player Hater

• Members
  • Abkhazia

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:11 PM

Yes i did, the majority of them were correct. The only failed ones were one where i used a wrongly formatted handling line and another that just... errored. Any help would be liked.

Lupin_III
  • Lupin_III

Le Voleur.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:48 PM

Yes i did, the majority of them were correct. The only failed ones were one where i used a wrongly formatted handling line and another that just... errored. Any help would be liked.

Exactly how many cars were you able to add until you began experiencing errors, or you're not sure?

I'd noted that the game was fine until I hit a specific number of cars, as said in my first post in this thread.

Saulallephe
  • Saulallephe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:00 PM

Excuse me guys, i have searched everywhere, but have found nothing conclusive (at least for me). Is there a way to modify the name of the added cars? (Not the replaced ones), and if yes, can anyone point me to how to? Thanks in advance.

Lupin_III
  • Lupin_III

Le Voleur.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:05 PM

Excuse me guys, i have searched everywhere, but have found nothing conclusive (at least for me). Is there a way to modify the name of the added cars? (Not the replaced ones), and if yes, can anyone point me to how to? Thanks in advance.

Currently it is not possible to change the name of an added vehicle with its own sound.

Changing the sound of an added vehicle will change it to the name of the vehicle whose sound you've replaced it with, as well.

Saulallephe
  • Saulallephe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:09 PM

Currently it is not possible to change the name of an added vehicle with its own sound.

Changing the sound of an added vehicle will change it to the name of the vehicle whose sound you've replaced it with, as well.

Just to clarify, i`ve managed to add a entry into American.gxt, based in a tutorial i have found, but for GTA: SA, but thats it, have to add a new sound to, but dont know how to link them.

TheBigCon4800
  • TheBigCon4800

Player Hater

• Members
  • Abkhazia

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:22 PM

Exactly how many cars were you able to add until you began experiencing errors, or you're not sure?

I'd noted that the game was fine until I hit a specific number of cars, as said in my first post in this thread.

I'm not sure, i think the errors were in the second-to-last one out of 28

Lupin_III
  • Lupin_III

Le Voleur.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:31 PM Edited by Lupin_III, 30 March 2015 - 08:40 PM.

I hadn't began having errors until my 39th car, but I don't know if anyone doing this on their own system would encounter the errors I've been having right around the same number of cars. You could be experiencing yours now so what I want you to do is this:

Open handling.cfg in your text editor, and scroll down until you see the following lines:

(These lines are 319-321 because this is a stock handling.cfg file).
9917cp.png

These lines are left over from the vehicles in San Andreas, as you'd note that none of those vehicles are in IV.

They are taking up 3 slots in handling.cfg which can be switched with any added car you want, assuming you were going to add the handling lines for those added cars, to handling.cfg.

Delete them, and make sure the semicolon that ends the section is on the line beneath "TOURMAV," on what would be line 319.

10ns1z9.png

Save the file, but DON'T close it, lest the game crash for whatever reason.

If it does, open the file and undo everything.

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 3 weeks ago

There are handling.dat limits in GTA IV.

Use this adjuster, if you want to increase handling.dat limits: http://gtaforums.com...limit-adjuster/

Lupin_III
  • Lupin_III

Le Voleur.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Lupin_III, 2 weeks ago.

For those of you looking to add custom car names to added cars without modifying american.gxt or vehicles.ide, go download this script, and please follow the instructions included—carefully. Crucial information is also graciously provided by the author, right there in the description panel of the mod on the left, and even in the comment section, just in case you've seemed to have missed anything.

This script displays the proper added car name (based on your input), without the modification of any files except the script itself, so you keep the car's hooked sounds and, unfortunately, the name of the vehicle whose sounds are used, which is also displayed. The font is not the exact same as the one IV uses, and the name is displayed right above the location where the one defined in american.gxt is (assuming you positioned it there like I did).

You're going to have to do a bit of work on your end, depending on how many added cars you have. Because I have 77, I spent about 10 minutes filling in the script with the added car names and the accompanying model names, according to newveh.img.

106a8pc.jpg

I also had to spend an additional 5 minutes adjusting the text position, because the author, who uses a different resolution, had advised us that the users of the script who don't use his native resolution would have to adjust the text to fit somewhere convenient on the screen. I had read some of the comments on the mod's page, and the author said that the name 'would not disappear after the user entered the car with the name being displayed.' This is NOT the case with me, in fact, the name vanishes just a short time before the name of the vehicle defined in american.gxt does. I am currently not sure how to adjust the duration of time the name is displayed for, but it briefly appears and then flashes away, which is just as satisfiable.

The author also mentioned that he could not 'get the name to fade' just like the name displayed from american.gxt. I am not sure how to perform this either, as I am not a scripting enthusiast. If anyone would like to contribute to the development of this script, please do—because for now, this script is the only way to have proper names for your added vehicles.

29kt1xs.jpg

As you can see, Niko is driving an added 1969 Chevrolet Nova, not the '70 Olds Cutlass as american.gxt displays.

I do not know if it is possible, but I did suggest adding a 'background' to the displayed text, and then the text can be moved or adjusted over the location in which the american.gxt name is displayed, so when you enter the vehicle, only one name is displayed. I wasn't sure if this was possible or not, because I do not know if the american.gxt name can be successfully overlapped with something else. The text that displays the name of the added vehicle can be upscaled or downscaled, and I have yet to find out if the font can be changed. I only took some glances at different parts of the script after I had initially downloaded it and filled in the corresponding information.

As far as the original name being covered up by the added car's name with a background, what I mean is this:

14280m8.jpg

And then everything would be totally fine.

I'm really hoping that someone who possesses intermediate knowledge of scripting looks into this a little more, because the script itself is already promising. It also seems like nobody else in this thread has even mentioned this script, let alone the fact the last comment I've seen on the mod page for it was from 2013. Just bringing this to the light that it deserves, however.

JoeVK
  • JoeVK

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago Edited by JoeVK, A day ago.

I added vehicles a long time ago, and recently decided to add some more. Suddenly I had handling issues, although oddly enough, it was only with the bikes, and not the other vehicles. I completely forgot about the handling line limit, so I'm glad this tutorial is still here and has even more helpful info than it did the last time I read through it. Before I try fastman92's Limit Adjuster, I'll try changing some of the added vehicles to use default vehicle handling. Most are similar enough to original cars that it should be fine (Feltzer handling for Felon GT, Turismo handling for 9F, etc). Hopefully that works. If not, I'll try the Limit Adjuster. Or just remove some of the added vehicles.

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 21 hours ago

I added vehicles a long time ago, and recently decided to add some more. Suddenly I had handling issues, although oddly enough, it was only with the bikes, and not the other vehicles. I completely forgot about the handling line limit, so I'm glad this tutorial is still here and has even more helpful info than it did the last time I read through it. Before I try fastman92's Limit Adjuster, I'll try changing some of the added vehicles to use default vehicle handling. Most are similar enough to original cars that it should be fine (Feltzer handling for Felon GT, Turismo handling for 9F, etc). Hopefully that works. If not, I'll try the Limit Adjuster. Or just remove some of the added vehicles.

Don't use my limit adjuster for GTA V until I'll release a 1.9 version.

limit adjuster 1.8 will crash GTA IV.

JoeVK
  • JoeVK

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 8 hours ago

Yeah, I saw that. Turns out I didn't need it, though. The handling bugs are gone. Of 43 vehicles added, 10-12 of them now use default vehicle handling. I'll probably still download 1.9 when you release it, though, just in case.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users