785 replies to this topic
exiscetti
  • exiscetti

Renfei.Song

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:59 PM

@mataanjin
with the new method can you play bowing or use the internet?

I follow all the steps but still can't do it. notify.gif

CHARLES007
  • CHARLES007

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:57 PM

Bug: cant use the computers in TW@

I have a problem

it doesnt make any error for adding one car but
When I add more than two cars ,the game crash!! sad.gif

I am excited for this method to add new car not replacing

mataanjin
  • mataanjin

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:35 PM Edited by mataanjin, 17 August 2009 - 03:37 PM.

QUOTE (Exiscetti @ Aug 17 2009, 12:59)
@mataanjin
with the new method can you play bowing or use the internet?

I follow all the steps but still can't do it. notify.gif

yes, all bug are fixed(i think)

i can play all mini games and using computer fine smile.gif
still wait for permission to update post one tounge.gif

@CHARLES007
yeah, that's a known error for first methode.
if you get error(send to desktop) see either your vehicle.ide(must have 2 new entry) and handling.dat(follow every format
includeing newline and such)
have you try espedito fix?

Shor_van
  • Shor_van

The Shadow

• Members

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (mataanjin @ Aug 17 2009, 12:13)
QUOTE (CHARLES007 @ Aug 17 2009, 11:15)
but how can i spawn tha car?

either using console(from scripthookdotnet)
or
edit cargrp.dat.

@espedito
sounds good smile.gif will try and post update soon
TQ

edit: it's working nice man.
mind if i add this fix to first post?

thanks.

yes added to the first post icon14.gif .

exiscetti
  • exiscetti

Renfei.Song

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:14 PM

Yeah The latest method works nice for me.

Great Job! colgate.gif

jonz13
  • jonz13

The Pudding Master

• Members

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:11 PM

It appears i have hit a limit after adding about 24 cars sad.gif .
Any idea on how to bypass this, SA had something similar didn't it?

mataanjin
  • mataanjin

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 August 2009 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (jonz13 @ Aug 18 2009, 22:11)
It appears i have hit a limit after adding about 24 cars sad.gif .
Any idea on how to bypass this, SA had something similar didn't it?

what happend after 24?

maybe we can enlarge it through default.ide.
not sure though. i'll try later smile.gif

jonz13
  • jonz13

The Pudding Master

• Members

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:36 AM

after 24 it just crashed on loading every time, i tried adding several different cars as the 25th but couldn't get anything to work, I'll play around with it some more to check later.

Big S
  • Big S

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 August 2009 - 07:45 PM

can not working....

game crash....

samp60.............uncoverble erro.................

mataanjin
  • mataanjin

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE (Big S @ Aug 20 2009, 19:45)
can not working....

game crash....

samp60.............uncoverble erro.................

can i see your newhandling.dat and newveh.ide?

can you open newveh.img using open iv? it could be corrupted.

berunours
  • berunours

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 August 2009 - 04:48 PM

I'm sorry, I translated into French your topic before ask you permission (her)... I hope you will forgive me.

friendly

mataanjin
  • mataanjin

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 August 2009 - 02:38 AM

QUOTE (berunours @ Aug 30 2009, 16:48)
I'm sorry, I translated into French your topic before ask you permission (her)... I hope you will forgive me.

friendly

no need to worry smile.gif i'll forgive you
as i don't care much about credits or anything.

you free to translate it.

MagnAn
  • MagnAn

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:39 AM Edited by MagnAn, 04 September 2009 - 11:49 AM.

Dude, this is awesome, no bugs, handling works, custom cars drive around, great!

All we need now is a way to properly name these cars in-game, if that's possible.

EDIT: Oh, and do you mind if i put the link to this topic in my sig, more people should know about this.

mataanjin
  • mataanjin

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE (MagnAn @ Sep 4 2009, 11:39)
Dude, this is awesome, no bugs, handling works, custom cars drive around, great!

All we need now is a way to properly name these cars in-game, if that's possible.

EDIT: Oh, and do you mind if i put the link to this topic in my sig, more people should know about this.

yeah, put it in your sig. like i said before, i don't really mind about credits and such.

actually we need a proper naming, sound and limit adjuster biggrin.gif
just wait till all the master make tool for this smile.gif

McLeod63
  • McLeod63

Death Metal Maniac

• Members

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:08 AM Edited by McLeod63, 06 September 2009 - 05:18 AM.

Hi,

First off I want to thank you so much for this awesome find! icon14.gif ...Unfortunately I can't get it to work for me. I'm sure I've done exactly what you said but my game still crashes on loading.
I'm only using one car to start off with. I've done all the steps as you said, renaming only the car (I've renamed "test" to cadillaceldorado). The car's wft. and wtd. files are in newveh.img, but I noticed someone added their car to the vehicle.img file. Who is right?
I hope you'll somehow be able to help!

[EDIT] I'm using patch 1.0.1.0.
Here's my newhandling and newveh:
CODE
CADILLACELDORADO 1800.0  0.8   85 0.0 0.0 -0.22    0.0  5  0.155 1.0 175.0 0.18 0.63 0.5  35.0  1.35 1.05 14.0 0.15 0.4843  1.4  0.8  0.8  0.15 -0.18 0.0  0.5    1.0 0.5 1.2 1.5  0.0  15000   440000  0    0

CODE

cars

cadillaceldorado,  cadillaceldorado, car,  CADILLACELDORADO, VOODOO,         [email protected], [email protected]_CONV, 100, 999,  0.2229, 0.2229,  0, 2, 1.0 ,0, ext_strong

end

txdp

cadillaceldorado, vehshare

end

gorgonut
  • gorgonut

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 September 2009 - 11:40 AM

I'd like to ask something more simple. Does the cargrp is working for you people when you edit it with new cars? I have the 8 bikes mod which turns solair in to a bike from Lost & Damned. Then I replaced the files of solair with a new model of a police Harley Davidson bike.
http://www.zombo.com/gta-iv-mods.html
I ve changed cargrp so that it can be driven only by cops and one of the bikers gang (along with hellfury) but even when I drive the bike no one appears to drive it too, neither cops, nor bikers. If I don't change the cargrp the default groups of peds do drive the new bike. Anyone knows if I am doing something wrong or what I should do in order to make cops and bikers to ride it? Thanks

wojtx
  • wojtx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 September 2009 - 11:48 AM

I think that you should make a shorter name for the car. Make it eldorado instead. In san andreas the handling file said that there was a max 14 letter per car name, but i never got it over 8 characters. I think that making a shorter name would solve it.

Koennigsegg CCX didn't work for me ( i tried some combinations), you have to experiment with naming. I had some problems with loading to different cars. I learned what could be the possible problem with the new cars depending on when the game crashed on my pc. When i had the first screen there was an error in the ide ( a mismatch of the cars data perhaps) or carcols error. on second screen I knew that it was either the car name or that it could not run as a standalone ( iknow but a couple of cars won't work no mather what i try to do with them). Finally on Loading - ******** mission crash usually the save was corrupted, It takes only two screens with characters to load the game. Yes it's stupid but it works for me

I wish that GTAiv would have an errordump file where you could know what file caused the error, like i SA.

McLeod63
  • McLeod63

Death Metal Maniac

• Members

Posted 06 September 2009 - 12:53 PM

Thanks mate, that seems to have worked! No more crashes! I'm yet to see the new car in game though. I wonder what's going on now? confused.gif

mataanjin
  • mataanjin

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (gorgonut @ Sep 6 2009, 11:40)
I'd like to ask something more simple. Does the cargrp is working for you people when you edit it with new cars? I have the 8 bikes mod which turns solair in to a bike from Lost & Damned. Then I replaced the files of solair with a new model of a police Harley Davidson bike.
I ve changed cargrp so that it can be driven only by cops and one of the bikers gang (along with hellfury) but even when I drive the bike no one appears to drive it too, neither cops, nor bikers. If I don't change the cargrp the default groups of peds do drive the new bike. Anyone knows if I am doing something wrong or what I should do in order to make cops and bikers to ride it? Thanks

it seems that police or any special vehicle(taxi, police, etc) can't be added.
i've try adding an new police car, but it's spawned without anybody inside(when i have wanted level).

i'm not so much into cargrp though, but i'll look around it.
if someone can answer it, that's better biggrin.gif

it seems that, to make police to use other vehicle, we need to change other files. confused.gif

McLeod63
  • McLeod63

Death Metal Maniac

• Members

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:30 AM

Yeah, not really sure what could be causing that. I've got that bike working in my game, but I just replaced on of the cop cars.

gorgonut
  • gorgonut

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (McLeod63 @ Sep 7 2009, 00:30)
Yeah, not really sure what could be causing that. I've got that bike working in my game, but I just replaced on of the cop cars.

I did replace the noose cruiser with the police bike too (I ve also changed the png files from LCPD to NYPD and I ll make a version of Homeland Security police bike too if someone wants them).
I suggest that you put this line in vehicles.ide (of course where is noose you ll put police instead);

noose, noose, bike, NOOSE, BOBBER, [email protected]_FREEWAY, NULL, 30, 999, 0.2303, 0.2303, 0, 4, 1.0 ,0, noboot

That way you won't have the occasional police radio sounds, but you ll have the motor sound of the Harley Davidson and the civilian radio stations. Also the animation of the rider is much better and more realistic than the animation of sanchez for this bike.
One thing that I ve noticed is that when you use the siren on the police bike, the other cars don't stop or clear the way as they do when you use the siren in a police car. This is something which if I remember good it was happening in San Andreas too when you were riding the police bikes. I don't know if someone could make a little program like lua., net. or asi. in order to correct it.

wojtx
  • wojtx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:15 PM Edited by wojtx, 10 September 2009 - 09:22 PM.

QUOTE (mataanjin @ Sep 6 2009, 16:37)
QUOTE (gorgonut @ Sep 6 2009, 11:40)

it seems that police or any special vehicle(taxi, police, etc) can't be added.
i've try adding an new police car, but it's spawned without anybody inside(when i have wanted level).

i'm not so much into cargrp though, but i'll look around it.
if someone can answer it, that's better biggrin.gif

it seems that, to make police to use other vehicle, we need to change other files. confused.gif

I think it's just like in san andreas, adding a special vehicle aka. Copcar taxi (which will require scripts in order to work in the properly in the game) means you have to edit a file like Main.scm, in gtaiv there is a main.sc but i don't know if it's that file. I dont want to screw with it though.

To Mcloed63:
You can't see the car?? or you see it's body but nothing else - wheels or colors. Or maybe you see the cars sticking out of the street? or does the game crash if you spawn it or it doesn't show up at all?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:47 PM

That would have to be fixed. Because when GTA4 modding becomes more advanced I want to make a mod for GTA4 that combines the cars, maps, weapons, and hopefuly radio, and The Ballad of Gay Tony Parashoot from the Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony in to one game. I think it wold be fun to play with.

McLeod63
  • McLeod63

Death Metal Maniac

• Members

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE (wojtx @ Sep 10 2009, 21:15)
To Mcloed63:
You can't see the car?? or you see it's body but nothing else - wheels or colors. Or maybe you see the cars sticking out of the street? or does the game crash if you spawn it or it doesn't show up at all?

Yeah, just haven't found the new cars at all.
I actually haven't figured out how to spawn new cars yet sigh.gif
I read on the first page that you use a console to spawn them...but I haven't found any console. And I added them to ingame trainer's config file but I'm doing something wrong because it never works.

mataanjin
  • mataanjin

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 September 2009 - 05:35 AM

QUOTE (McLeod63 @ Sep 11 2009, 03:40)
QUOTE (wojtx @ Sep 10 2009, 21:15)
To Mcloed63:

Yeah, just haven't found the new cars at all.
I actually haven't figured out how to spawn new cars yet sigh.gif
I read on the first page that you use a console to spawn them...but I haven't found any console. And I added them to ingame trainer's config file but I'm doing something wrong because it never works.

you need ScriptHookDotNet to open consol(~ button)

roing
  • roing

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:56 PM

Hello,

I can add only 23 cars.
If I add more cars the Game Crashes.

can me help anyone.

mataanjin
  • mataanjin

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE (roing @ Sep 13 2009, 20:56)
Hello,

I can add only 23 cars.

can me help anyone.

well, that's the limit for now, i think smile.gif

till someone make a limit adjuster.

gorgonut
  • gorgonut

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2009 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE (roing @ Sep 13 2009, 20:56)
Hello,

I can add only 23 cars.

can me help anyone.

You can add 23 new cars without any bugs (like no bowling game etc)?

roing
  • roing

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2009 - 02:44 PM

Yes,

Just I can't add more cars

gorgonut
  • gorgonut

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 September 2009 - 10:41 PM Edited by gorgonut, 20 September 2009 - 10:51 PM.

Thanks I am about to try it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users