Mr. Mysterious
  • Mr. Mysterious

LCPDFR Development

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (XXLpeanuts @ Aug 17 2009, 11:20)
so is it near completion?

If I can sort out the damned arresting, then yes. Those peds just dont like being cuffed!

XXLpeanuts
  • XXLpeanuts

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:57 PM

We could just hit them, fits in with Liberty City more anyway hahah

commandoscorch
  • commandoscorch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:11 PM

It looked pretty cool in your second preview. Good luck man! I'm really looking forward to this mod.

XXLpeanuts
  • XXLpeanuts

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:15 PM

Seriously i cant wait man, this is gonna be so immense!!!!!!!!

.Trooper.
  • .Trooper.

D1RTY & WILD

• D1RTY12

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE (XXLpeanuts @ Aug 18 2009, 14:57)
We could just hit them, fits in with Liberty City more anyway hahah

If we did that, there would be no point in this mod. Because hitting/killing them is just what you do in the police missions anyway.

What I want to know is

1. Do you actually patrol the streets and suddenly spot a crime or do you get a mission straight away?

2. Are there more peds doing crimes?

3. What happens when you arrest somebody?

I have alot of questions, but the only sane thing to do is wait to find out yourself. icon14.gif

lukinhasb
  • lukinhasb

Live ID: duck4br

• Members

Posted 18 August 2009 - 04:09 PM

I would suggest that, with the police car sirens on, others cop cars follows you, that would be very nice

I saw in the videos you've posted, that the police cars are modded too, it's really necessary to change the police car to this one, or we can use the original one with this mod without problems?

If I could help you by anyway I would be glad to, but I don't know how to mod or something... I can just hope you success in the mod, and I and a lot of people will wait for it anxiously!

Thanks!

NMDanny
  • NMDanny

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 August 2009 - 07:22 PM

can you add more Most Wanted for the cop computer and remove the time limit for local crimes?

Mr. Mysterious
  • Mr. Mysterious

LCPDFR Development

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:53 PM

Ok, the police car mod will be included if I can get Caine's permission to do so, if not there will be a link and the mod WILL still function WITHOUT the car mod.

What I intend on implementing in future versions is random 911 calls where civs will call 911 and a blip added to the rada of where they are, when you arrive there may be units already there or you will be the first. If units are there you may be responsible for shutting off the area or you may have to help with the investigation by searching nearby peds etc etc. If your first there then you may have to break up a fight, investigate a tip off, etc etc.

Progress:
searching 100% (works great, complete with speech "I guess this gun I found isn't yours")
cuffing 70% (anim is uber retarded)
backup (all) 100% (got the sirens on the cars working now, want a lag fest? Spam the backup key!
Cop speech 20%

I've tried to answer as much as I can, on the iPhone however so can't answer everything.
I'm overwhelmed by all the praise and support, thanks everyone.

Oh did I mention? Trailer 3 anyone?
Hehe, expect that on thurs/fri or if I'm uber cool maybe wed wink.gif

thanks for all the support guys, feel free to subscribe to me on the tube as I'm bringing out a COPS series on IV after I finish the mod beta.

Once again, thanks!

own2pwn2pwnage
  • own2pwn2pwnage

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Mysterious @ Aug 18 2009, 21:53)
Ok, the police car mod will be included if I can get Caine's permission to do so, if not there will be a link and the mod WILL still function WITHOUT the car mod.

What I intend on implementing in future versions is random 911 calls where civs will call 911 and a blip added to the rada of where they are, when you arrive there may be units already there or you will be the first. If units are there you may be responsible for shutting off the area or you may have to help with the investigation by searching nearby peds etc etc. If your first there then you may have to break up a fight, investigate a tip off, etc etc.

Progress:
searching 100% (works great, complete with speech "I guess this gun I found isn't yours")
cuffing 70% (anim is uber retarded)
backup (all) 100% (got the sirens on the cars working now, want a lag fest? Spam the backup key!
Cop speech 20%

I've tried to answer as much as I can, on the iPhone however so can't answer everything.
I'm overwhelmed by all the praise and support, thanks everyone.

Oh did I mention? Trailer 3 anyone?
Hehe, expect that on thurs/fri or if I'm uber cool maybe wed wink.gif

thanks for all the support guys, feel free to subscribe to me on the tube as I'm bringing out a COPS series on IV after I finish the mod beta.

Once again, thanks!

yay! This will be the best mod ever! biggrin.gif

PGoD
  • PGoD

Houat de phoque!

• Members

Posted 19 August 2009 - 01:54 AM Edited by DarkZ, 19 August 2009 - 02:36 AM.

Yah, thanks Mr. Mysterious. I'll wait for the beta biggrin.gif

EDIT[HS]:LOL I did the 69th post of this topic tounge.gif

Gokaic
  • Gokaic

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 August 2009 - 03:29 AM

Would it be at all possible to work this mod with this clothing mod? Because I love keeping Niko as a cop, without having a new character. If not, that's fine, just thought I'd ask. I love the ideas in this mod, and would suggest more, but whenever I think of something(like not being the first cop on the scene or having others arrive too), I see you already have it down tounge2.gif

Keep up the awesome work!

Anna&I
  • Anna&I

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 August 2009 - 03:41 AM

Great job on the mod. I could do with the 70% cuffing animation and 20% speech if it mean I could "test" it out now. I am just saying that is only me.

HiddenT
  • HiddenT

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:04 AM

Thanks for the amazing work!! Keep it up! Can't wait! Let us know if you need testers cool.gif

Mr. Mysterious
  • Mr. Mysterious

LCPDFR Development

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:43 AM

Will post an update tonight, till then keep the comments coming.

lilmcnessy
  • lilmcnessy

FenderCore

• Members

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:44 AM

I can't wait for it to come out, it's kinda stink living in the future to everyone else, My today is you're tomorrow (excepts some other countries)
So then release dates get annoying, and no one is online when I am

XXLpeanuts
  • XXLpeanuts

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:40 AM

It Sounds awesome man smile.gif
But yea i dont mind getting it with things not working 100%, testing out publicaly is the best way to fix everything, having said that you always get some guy come on saying he hates the mod cus it made his game crash or something, and that its all your fault haha, that can be annoying so yea.

Trailer 3 sounds good to me smile.gif

And yea having that niko cop skin would be cool.

lilmcnessy
  • lilmcnessy

FenderCore

• Members

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE (XXLpeanuts @ Aug 19 2009, 22:40)
But yea i dont mind getting it with things not working 100%, testing out publicaly is the best way to fix everything, having said that you always get some guy come on saying he hates the mod cus it made his game crash or something, and that its all your fault haha, that can be annoying so yea.

And yea having that niko cop skin would be cool.

The only problem with niko as cop skin would have trouble with sound, because if you want him to say cop stuff he would have to change his voice completely to cop

XXLpeanuts
  • XXLpeanuts

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE (lilmcnessy @ Aug 19 2009, 10:56)
QUOTE (XXLpeanuts @ Aug 19 2009, 22:40)

And yea having  that niko cop skin would be cool.

The only problem with niko as cop skin would have trouble with sound, because if you want him to say cop stuff he would have to change his voice completely to cop

Thats true but would be funny him saying niko stuff lol.

Mr. Mysterious
  • Mr. Mysterious

LCPDFR Development

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2009 - 03:24 PM

I'm keeping the cop models as the on duty skin. I just vigorously tested the model and it works fine with the speech and when you go off duty and back to the player skin. I've had no crashes with helmets on bikes etc etc. Everything seems fine.

Starting work on trailer 3 now smile.gif

NMDanny
  • NMDanny

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:09 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Mysterious @ Aug 18 2009, 21:53)

we dont really need special police car like charger or something. i think it should be optional. normal police car is enough.

matty746
  • matty746

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:03 PM

What if i have the police cars modded, but not as a charger. Will caines new crown vics work with the mod?

XXLpeanuts
  • XXLpeanuts

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:36 PM

I got the realistic emblems and car mod, so that changes the cop cars to NYPD and Ford makes. I want that to stay! lol

Mr. Mysterious
  • Mr. Mysterious

LCPDFR Development

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2009 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE (XXLpeanuts @ Aug 20 2009, 14:36)
I got the realistic emblems and car mod, so that changes the cop cars to NYPD and Ford makes. I want that to stay! lol

You dont have to use the modded car, it will work with anything provided it has lights/sirens

matty746
  • matty746

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:50 PM

Is it possible to make it so you can have the emergency lights on but not the siren?

own2pwn2pwnage
  • own2pwn2pwnage

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (matty746 @ Aug 20 2009, 16:50)
Is it possible to make it so you can have the emergency lights on but not the siren?

Yeah that would be cool, If you could turn the siren off but leave the lights flashing. Thats what you meant right? wow.gif

matty746
  • matty746

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:55 PM

Yup, thats exactly what i meant!

Mr. Mysterious
  • Mr. Mysterious

LCPDFR Development

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:11 PM

Yeah, I've added that smile.gif

own2pwn2pwnage
  • own2pwn2pwnage

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Mysterious @ Aug 20 2009, 21:11)

Yes dude! Thank you! lol happy.gif

Gokaic
  • Gokaic

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 August 2009 - 01:13 AM

And just to make it clear for anyone with a modded car:

Any car mod is completely optional, as you have to change out the vehicles.img or import the mod into the .img file yourself. It has no affect on any script, etc.

Same goes for character skin mods, as they just mess with what you see on the screen, not what is actually in a script or code. To test this out, mod a regular car and place it as a police car. You won't see any lights, but you'll hear a siren and have other cars move out of the way.

Though I must say, the deck lights and dash lights are awesome adds to the police car =P

Still waiting for this awesome mod. Only so many vigilantes I can do to hold me over!

HiddenT
  • HiddenT

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:06 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Mysterious @ Aug 20 2009, 21:11)

Nice, Just keeps getting better and better!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users