Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA SA Radio Modding

26 replies to this topic

Poll: Did you find this tutorial easy to use ? (79 member(s) have cast votes)

Did you find this tutorial easy to use ?

1. Yes (42 votes [70.00%])

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

2. No (7 votes [11.67%])

Percentage of vote: 11.67%

3. i couldnt understand it :/ (11 votes [18.33%])

Percentage of vote: 18.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote
manutd36
  • manutd36

Manutd36

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2009 - 11:42 PM Edited by manutd36, 04 August 2009 - 12:00 AM.

Alright, first up your gonna need Saat, so go and grab it from here
SAAT
okay
Step 1:
Put Saat_sfx,Saat_stream, metadata-full and metadata-generic in your GTA SA Folder.

Step 2:
Next, if you dont already have one, make a folder in C:\ called Temp. thats where we will extract the Sounds to.

Step 3:
go to command prompt (Run>Cmd) and then direct it to your GTA Folder for me this is "cd C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas" but without quotes. in comand prompt type this :
saat_stream -e audio\streams\** c:\temp\saat
Keep this open because we will need it later.
Where ** is type the name of the radio station you want to edit E.G CH

Step 4:
Next your gonna want to extract the sounds you want for you radio station, the radio names are different in the audio folder so ill list them below:
AA - Police
CH - PlayBack FM
CO - KRose
CR - K-DST
DS - Bounce FM
HC - SFUR
MH - Radio Los Santos
MR - Radio X
NJ - CSR
RE - K-Jah
RG - Master Sounds
TK - WCTR
Step 5:
Okay, now that you have your radio station extracted you need to replace the sounds with custom ones. Now say you want to replace Warm it up kane from PlayBack you can either open Warm It Up Kane(Mid).Ogg and replace it with the WHOLE of your custom song and have Warm it up kane(Intro, 1&2 and Outro 1&2) with a blank sound, Or you could split the song into parts the exact length of the original GTA parts.

Step 6:
Now we have to import the custom songs into GTA. To do this go back to Command Prompt and type this:
saat_stream -i audio\streams\** c:\temp\saat\**\stream_import.ini audio\CONFIG\TrakLkup.dat
Now just hold your breath and hope it works x]
if you have any problems just coment and ill try to help you wink.gif

manutd36
  • manutd36

Manutd36

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2009 - 11:57 PM Edited by manutd36, 04 August 2009 - 12:00 AM.

im an idiot xD..... ignore this post..

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 04 August 2009 - 02:03 AM

Wow, this tutorial is really good biggrin.gif

The problem with radio modding is the legal copyright issues though confused.gif

violentAZoom
  • violentAZoom

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:04 PM Edited by violentAZoom, 11 August 2009 - 10:08 PM.

When I changed "I don't give A f*ck" (Intros and Endings = Blank sounds) I had the main song as the whole song and when a song ended on my RLS it crashed whats wrong?

(The OGG's are Track_058 - Track_064)

Fanat GTA
  • Fanat GTA

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:39 PM

Very good tutorial icon14.gif I will try some time.
Thanks smile.gif

manutd36
  • manutd36

Manutd36

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 August 2009 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (violentAZoom @ Aug 11 2009, 22:04)
When I changed "I don't give A f*ck" (Intros and Endings = Blank sounds) I had the main song as the whole song and when a song ended on my RLS it crashed whats wrong?

(The OGG's are Track_058 - Track_064)

Hmm, did you set the intro(DJ 1&2) To a blank sound at about 0.5 seconds ? if that doesnt work try split the song up into each parts.

violentAZoom
  • violentAZoom

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:11 PM

You mean Track_059 and Track_060? Yes, I did to all intros and endings, then the middle is the whole song, is it because I set the blank sound .001 seconds?

manutd36
  • manutd36

Manutd36

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (violentAZoom @ Aug 12 2009, 19:11)
You mean Track_059 and Track_060? Yes, I did to all intros and endings, then the middle is the whole song, is it because I set the blank sound .001 seconds?

Hmm, shouldnt be, but try splitting the song, it worked correctly when i split the some ac/dc songs and put em on K-DST x]

violentAZoom
  • violentAZoom

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:26 PM

It works now, but it has a long silence whenever it switches in and out of that song where i have to goto the game menu and switch stations off and back for it to work.

manutd36
  • manutd36

Manutd36

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:30 PM

Yeah i dont think you get a silence if you split the song im not sure.

VC Converter
  • VC Converter

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:26 PM

how convert radiostatiosn from vc to sa (pc version) ??

tommykills1
  • tommykills1

You wasted 5 seconds of your life reading this

• Members

Posted 21 November 2009 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (manutd36 @ Aug 13 2009, 13:30)
Yeah i dont think you get a silence if you split the song im not sure.

u still get silence confused.gif is there anyway of fixing it?

ps sorry for bump

TheAlcadeias
  • TheAlcadeias

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:05 AM

[COLOR=red]i have done every thing you said Step 1:
Put Saat_sfx,Saat_stream, metadata-full and metadata-generic in your GTA SA Folder.

Step 2:
Next, if you dont already have one, make a folder in C:\ called Temp. thats where we will extract the Sounds to.

Step 3:
go to command prompt (Run>Cmd) and then direct it to your GTA Folder for me this is "cd C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas" but without quotes. in comand prompt type this :
saat_stream -e audio\streams\** c:\temp\saat
Keep this open because we will need it later.

Step 4:
Next your gonna want to extract the sounds you want for you radio station, the radio names are different in the audio folder so ill list them below:
AA - Police
CH - PlayBack FM
CO - KRose
CR - K-DST
DS - Bounce FM
HC - SFUR
MH - Radio Los Santos
MR - Radio X
NJ - CSR
RE - K-Jah
RG - Master Sounds
TK - WCTR
Step 5:
Okay, now that you have your radio station extracted you need to replace the sounds with custom ones. Now say you want to replace Warm it up kane from PlayBack you can either open Warm It Up Kane(Mid).Ogg and replace it with the WHOLE of your custom song and have Warm it up kane(Intro, 1&2 and Outro 1&2) with a blank sound, Or you could split the song into parts the exact length of the original GTA parts.

Step 6:
Now we have to import the custom songs into GTA. To do this go back to Command Prompt and type this:
saat_stream -i audio\streams\** c:\temp\saat\**\stream_import.ini audio\CONFIG\TrakLkup.dat

but still no radio
only name appears and no sound plays , no track plays
whats the problem?

mad.gif

-.Tommy Vercetti.-
  • -.Tommy Vercetti.-

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:15 PM

i have a problem, i maked radio vrock from vc

and replace it for MR ....> radio x

147 tracks in ogg format,

but the songs no listen in order....> listen in size

what can i do?

confused.gif

tommykills1
  • tommykills1

You wasted 5 seconds of your life reading this

• Members

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (TheAlcadeias @ Nov 23 2009, 03:05)

but still no radio
only name appears and no sound plays , no track plays
whats the problem?

mad.gif

If ur in vista make sure u run it as admin
i have a problem, i maked radio vrock from vc

and replace it for MR ....> radio x

147 tracks in ogg format,

but the songs no listen in order....> listen in size

what can i do?

The radio system makes each song play random so radio stations from vc or GTA 3 wont work since the music are put in one big file

-.Tommy Vercetti.-
  • -.Tommy Vercetti.-

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2009 - 05:39 AM Edited by -.Tommy Vercetti.-, 25 November 2009 - 10:18 AM.

i can change the radio system with hex workshop?

one more question...

the radio system is in the executable or in other file?

Afro870
  • Afro870

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 December 2009 - 12:21 AM

hey man i did everything that u said in the tut.the last step didnt do anything and i dont know how to change the tracks to my own songs.when you had the **'s i put in CH and i did everything and it didnt work.can som1 help?

marmar6
  • marmar6

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2010 - 02:29 AM Edited by marmar6, 10 September 2010 - 10:33 PM.

QUOTE (Afro870 @ Dec 26 2009, 00:21)
hey man i did everything that u said in the tut.the last step didnt do anything and i dont know how to change the tracks to my own songs.when you had the **'s i put in CH and i did everything and it didnt work.can som1 help?

maybe you change track1 ins ecuence that change the commercials or the chat from the dj... c hange the songs for an instantly result biggrin.gif
it works fine now i'm changing the whole Krose icon13.gif xd
thanks for the tuto

---------------s**t sorry for bump! but this tutorial help me a lot----------------------

ergic
  • ergic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:27 AM

i dont understand step2

robertc1985
  • robertc1985

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:02 AM Edited by robertc1985, 27 September 2011 - 10:52 AM.

i noticed you said the replacement songs have to be the exact length of the originals? are there no exceptions to this rule? i mean i would hate to cut songs short
i tried replacing Depeche mode Personal Jesus with Ozzy osbourne Breaking all the rules and when it came time to load that song, i got nothing but silence and when i changed the station then changed it back it had just went to the next song

====== EDIT ======

ok i read more carefully and am now under the assumption that only the intro and outro need to be the same lengths of the originals. i guess the middle part can be any length i choose. if that's the case then i suppose i can also put in more then 12 - 18 songs in a station (that would be useful as i am making an 80's station and for example prince's "baby i'm a star" should be followed by "i would die 4 u" as it just sounds almost like one song

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:08 AM

Yeah, radiostations can't be modded without bugs. You can use Hackman's SAORS plugin though.

Twilight Sparkle
  • Twilight Sparkle

GTA 5, bitches!

• Members

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:00 PM

'saat_stream' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Help? nervous.gif

ergo_tek
  • ergo_tek

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

I did it! but the problem is, it played SLOW SPEED and LOW Pitch biggrin.gif please reply what's the format or codec of ".ogg" is

Gran_Daddy
  • Gran_Daddy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:28 PM Edited by Gran_Daddy, 10 November 2013 - 02:32 PM.

I replace my songs into all radio station, i delete all "Track_001" etc etc and replace my song (which i convert before with one program since .mp3 into .ogg) and after that a change the number of the song into the file "stream_import.ini" at the voice num_trakcs = insert_your_number and then i deleted the song which i want to cancel (there were after 130 track in every radio stations and i put only 30 in all of one of them) into the directory of the radio and after that i delete the string of code into the file "stream_import.ini" The string are like this one:

[Track_031]
beat_total = 0
filename = Track_031.ogg
length_extra = 48000

length_index = 0)

so i delete this code from the "stram_import.ini" and now i had my radio whit 30 song. (You need to delete all code string of the song which you don't want). After that import the file into gta and ejoy. But i've a problem whit adverts. After the replace of it, the are still in the game. I don't now why, but i think it's a problem of another code or maybe i 'cause i put only 7 (there were 64 if i've a good memory) tracks for adverts (i hate adverts) and they are too few..

Gran_Daddy
  • Gran_Daddy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:33 PM

'saat_stream' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Help? nervous.gif

You need to open the cmd like administrator.

robertc1985
  • robertc1985

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:08 AM Edited by robertc1985, 10 January 2014 - 04:22 AM.

ok, i realize it's been a few years since i last said anything on this thread, sorry. but i found a method to success and am almost finished totally modding Radio X (just need to hire a voice actor to play the new DJ).... anyway the best bet is to make sure all oggs are at 32 KHz or it might bug out. i do have one question though. how long can can a track be? i want to throw in some mix tapes, i was going to convert WCTR to a pirate station and want to throw in some really long tracks, so i need to know the maximum possible. what i've been doing with my radio X mod is leaving intro and outro tracks the same length, and makind the mid tracks the entire length of the middle of the song i am using to replace with

ggdfggsd
  • ggdfggsd

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:29 PM

What do we do for step 4 and above?

I don't understand "Next your gonna want to extract the sounds you want for you radio station"

Am I missing something?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users