Photo

Tenpenny Stories

70 replies to this topic
Jabhacksoul
  • Jabhacksoul

Retired

• Members

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:56 PM

Well that is good to hear. My brother ToonSkull is working on a new method that as he says should make the upgrade of JOE better and a smaller download. We will be sure to test it thoroughly here before we release it to you.

JAB B)

gtacarl
  • gtacarl

Playing Dead Frontier, Free Online MMO. My username is TheWheelO

• Members

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:16 PM

The CRASH Stories is a better name but Tenpenny stories is awesome.

Offtopic-Do you know how much tenpenny costs? Ans: ten pennies(ten coins)

toonskull
  • toonskull

Necromancer

• Members

Posted 06 August 2009 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE (gtacarl @ Aug 6 2009, 13:16)
The CRASH Stories is a better name but Tenpenny stories is awesome.

Offtopic-Do you know how much tenpenny costs? Ans: ten pennies(ten coins)

Thanks, now for something completely different...

ITS!

A 15 year old boy bashing his head against his desk. Boy do I feel STUPID. I looked over the saat guide and found that when you change the SFX/SCRIPT file another file CONFIG/BankLkup.dat changes too. Which is the Bank Lookup Table... dozingoff.gif

It is a tiny thing about 9kb so I plan to add that to our JOE installer and after Josh knock a few more bugs out of the main.scm we will post a brand new JOE. New JOE will be smaller because I will include my tutorial on how to install the sound and the wav file banks.

ToonSkull suicidal.gif

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Contribution Award [Modding]

Posted 06 August 2009 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (toonskull @ Aug 6 2009, 16:05)
It is a tiny thing about 9kb so I plan to add that to our JOE installer and after Josh knock a few more bugs out of the main.scm we will post a brand new JOE. New JOE will be smaller because I will include my tutorial on how to install the sound and the wav file banks.

ToonSkull suicidal.gif

Try creating batch files that call saat_sfx.exe to 'automatically' install the SCRIPT audio file. biggrin.gif

Platinum Card
  • Platinum Card

DYOM mission maker

• Members

Posted 06 August 2009 - 07:24 PM

Okay King of the Hill was a random crash I guess, I went on to play it last night. It was pretty awesome~

toonskull
  • toonskull

Necromancer

• Members

Posted 07 August 2009 - 02:28 AM

QUOTE (NTAuthority @ Aug 6 2009, 15:24)
QUOTE (toonskull @ Aug 6 2009, 16:05)
It is a tiny thing about 9kb so I plan to add that to our JOE installer and after Josh knock a few more bugs out of the main.scm we will post a brand new JOE.  New JOE will be smaller because I will include my tutorial on how to install the sound and the wav file banks.

ToonSkull  suicidal.gif

Try creating batch files that call saat_sfx.exe to 'automatically' install the SCRIPT audio file. biggrin.gif

Yes basically I am including Alci's GUI with SAAT (only 5MB and saves time looking) and my tutorial. I removed the massive SCRIPT file and this reduces the download for people greatly. So now people who download this new file will have the instructions to do the audio plain and clear. We will keep the Audio Fix files available over another week for anyone who downloaded the original JOE package. My brother JAB is going to upload this tonight before we go away for the weekend (camping trip). We should be back to address any questions by Sunday night.

So here is the run down; if you want the latest version of JOE it will get posted in the normal places. The Audio Fix will remain and he has fixed several errors in the main.scm HOWEVER he won't guarantee the new main will work with the your current save files. So far he says the fixed scm is working with all his saved game files.

BTW I was going to try the SAAT -i blah blah blah but the batch files or command lines take just as long as the GUI and will just fry some users brains.

See you Sunday,

ToonSkull

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:49 AM

Make it so you may never be wanted by cops. or atleast not wanted if you steal cars. killing random people and other cops will make your wanted level higher. but stealing cars shouldnt be something you should get a wanted star for, not even if theres cops around. itd be pretty annoying and unrealistic if a cop will "confiscate" a car only to be chased by his "friends" and gettings shot at

Jabhacksoul
  • Jabhacksoul

Retired

• Members

Posted 07 August 2009 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE (MinnieMan121249 @ Aug 7 2009, 04:49)
Make it so you may never be wanted by cops. or atleast not wanted if you steal cars. killing random people and other cops will make your wanted level higher. but stealing cars shouldnt be something you should get a wanted star for, not even if theres cops around. itd be pretty annoying and unrealistic if a cop will "confiscate" a car only to be chased by his "friends" and gettings shot at

There are missions you are ignore by the police. Others are will bust you for spitting on the sidewalk. If you can make it back to one of the three impound yards the stars will go away. Vincent and I discussed closing the stars down for the Vigilante Missions but in "real life" even a group of cops are bound by the law and cannot enforce that style of justice. If you get busted I changed it to say "You're Fired". There is at least one mission you start out with a wanted level of 2. Missions like Double Boom you are ignored even if the stars appear they won't bust you. You can carry weapons in police stations and come and go in impound yards. Taking peoples vehicles is something or TV and movie BS that just doesn't happen in real life. Taking the wanted level away completely would just make the game way too easy. But you are more than welcome to make those changes it is a simple one line command:

01F0: set_max_wanted_level_to 0

Ok as my brother said, I have to go camping hope to see you Sun or Mon, unless I get eaten by a bigfoot.

JAB B)

Platinum Card
  • Platinum Card

DYOM mission maker

• Members

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:48 PM

Okay what really sucks right now is that I just played an extremely long mission and just as I got back from the country side, I went to save in the police headquarters and the game freaking crashes on me. It took me an hour and some minutes to finish it because the van I had to follow was extremely slow. O.M.G. I don't want to play the "Day in the life of a Snake" mission it took me a while to beat it and three trys.

gtasearcher
  • gtasearcher

No sh*t.

• Members

Posted 08 August 2009 - 06:17 AM

Hmn, my game crashes on the mission after "Chasing Carl". It gets to the impound, it tells me about special car abilitys, then suddenly, crash sad.gif

Jabhacksoul
  • Jabhacksoul

Retired

• Members

Posted 10 August 2009 - 01:39 AM Edited by Jabhacksoul, 10 August 2009 - 01:42 AM.

Ok, I got back and I didn't get eaten.

@Platinum Card Posted on Aug 7 2009, 18:48

I kind of felt this mission needed to be shortened.

Anyone who has played the game knows how Tenpenny asked Carl to go kill a "snake assed bastard" in a mission. And basically this is the part prior to that where Tenpenny has to follow the witness. I just wanted to make a unique way to following vehicles.

If you decompile the script and edit the timer:
search down to missn_08
CODE
0209: 77@ = random_int_in_ranges 120 240  //Trip timer in seconds 2 to 4 minutes

also
CODE
75@ = 0
will make it the first van (Hernandez)

This may cause the save game not to work. So yet another method would be to use the sanny memory hack program and change the variable to 0 in game until the real van is identified.

@gtasearcher Posted on Aug 8 2009, 01:17
I will be updating the files in another week. You might try saving inside the police HQ and try your mission again.

Cheats or Tips:
Plug the Leak: after you enter the car exit right away and car jack Pendelbury's bike. Yes lame way to "knock him off his bike" but I never said when to do it.

Then drive to the airport "Chasing Carl" hit the siren and run the course making sure you keep your distance this will keep cars from ramming into your rear. The siren won't effect the Awareness meter. When it says to hit the siren just ignore it since you already have it running.

Hope this will help you through the first 2 missions a bit quicker. Then go save inside the station.

JAB B)

jarus
  • jarus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 August 2009 - 03:25 PM

dude your patch is great but im stuck in the gray exports mission... everything i do, im getting cought...
what should i do??? can u give any tips? or video of you passing this mission?? please!! this is so awesome i want the pass it!!! good job biggrin.gif thanks in advance

mad adam
  • mad adam

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:42 AM

hey i have a problem with the mod...i saw the whole forum but i found no answer...in the 2nd mission chasing carl...he gets it te car the taxi drives a bit the awarenes meters come and then u lost him mission failed i could need some help

and its a good mod icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

jarus
  • jarus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:56 AM

just follow the taxi but dont get too close but not too far... it's not that hard

mad adam
  • mad adam

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 August 2009 - 01:47 PM

i already did sneaky2.gif i tryed it over a hundred times im now gonna try it again but im not sure if its gonna work cant someone give me a savegame or something I RLY WANNA PLAY FURTHER cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif lol.gif

mad adam
  • mad adam

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 August 2009 - 02:19 PM

i tryed to dont get to close and not too far but it isnt working

HELP ME rampage_ani.gif rampage_ani.gif rampage_ani.gif

toonskull
  • toonskull

Necromancer

• Members

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (jarus @ Aug 20 2009, 15:25)
dude your patch is great but im stuck in the gray exports mission... everything i do, im getting cought...
what should i do??? can u give any tips? or video of you passing this mission?? please!! this is so awesome i want the pass it!!! good job biggrin.gif thanks in advance

I am having friends test it out and a few most are stuck on the mission after that one. My brother JABhacksoul is working on a new release along with all the code. King Brace Blane popped up a video on youtube. I will contact him and maybe he can make a series of walkthroughs. He is about the only user sending us some corrected coding bugs and has made it through to the Flying Elvis mission.

If you are having trouble with errors or crashes PLEASE tell us where they occur and if you can send us any info it will help greatly.

There are 2 guards driving fork trucks and others walking around the building. Sneak inside through the train yard up the railroad tracks. Use the silencer to take out any guards you need. They have "vision circles" in front only so you can sneak up behind them. Remember DON'T shoot the exploding barrels or the keypad. Once inside the lights go out. Use the goggles to see heat. There are 2 men on the floor and 3 on the cat walk above. They won't see you unless you are within a few feet in front on them. Once up stairs listen in on the talk and cut scene.

Jabhacksoul
  • Jabhacksoul

Retired

• Members

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:25 PM

A final release is posted to the GTA Garage. If you already have the JOE distro keep it and download the smaller PRO distro to update your files. The JOE disro is being uploaded as I type.

ToonSkull and I will continue to answer questions about the mod but we have given you all our code in the PRO release. PLEASE use it to learn, we are not going to come chase you down saying you stole our code.

King Brace Blane on YouTube has beat this mod and said he will post all the mission walkthroughs on his site some time next month: www.youtube.com/kingbraceblane

Not all the stuff made it, into this mission. Some missions a two year old could beat. But we made this for you to learn. There are far too many mods that have no point. Be creative and keep working at it until you feel it is complete.

Thanks,

JAB - Joshua Black

Platinum Card
  • Platinum Card

DYOM mission maker

• Members

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:33 PM Edited by Platinum Card, 27 August 2009 - 09:54 PM.

Awesome, have you guys had talks of any more mission projects similar to this one? ala. Claude's San Andreas story.

Edit:So this means I must start over from the first mission? I updated the files and I tried to load the last mission I saved and it crashed nervous.gif

spykersid
  • spykersid

Sidspyker

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:00 PM

Okay....BUMP'in old topic....i tried the Tenpenny stories mod.....its nice...but in the gray imports mission...when i enter the warehouse...the shutter closes and all i see that the screen goes blue

The screen stays blue...i've tried it number of times..........

BTW.I'm using the latest PRO Distro pack without the 16MB sounds...........

Jabhacksoul
  • Jabhacksoul

Retired

• Members

Posted 29 August 2009 - 05:55 AM Edited by Jabhacksoul, 29 August 2009 - 05:58 AM.

GRAY EXPORTS
Use the Heat Goggles in your inventory. There are two guards on the floor and they don't see well in the dark. There are 3 more on the catwalk. You should be able to hide in corners.

This is a mission like Splinter Cell, another game I like. You are required to use stealth moves hiding and quiet weapons. The items added to your inventory are silencer, knife, and IR Goggles.

Also some one asked me how I "know" Frank Tenpenny has military background. I noticed a marine corps tat on his arm in the start up splash screens. So I assume he should have some skills even if he got booted out of the service.

Also: I am again uploading the JOE version my upload crashed and I wasn't aware until now. Sorry.

And yes the update won't accept the old saved games, sorry about that too. sad.gif

DeadlyMak
  • DeadlyMak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 August 2009 - 05:17 PM Edited by DeadlyMak, 30 August 2009 - 08:36 PM.

QUOTE (Jabhacksoul @ Aug 29 2009, 05:55)
GRAY EXPORTS
Use the Heat Goggles in your inventory. There are two guards on the floor and they don't see well in the dark.  There are 3 more on the catwalk.  You should be able to hide in corners.

This is a mission like Splinter Cell, another game I like.  You are required to use stealth moves hiding and quiet weapons.  The items added to your inventory are silencer, knife, and IR Goggles.

Also some one asked me how I "know" Frank Tenpenny has military background.  I noticed a marine corps tat on his arm in the start up splash screens.  So I assume he should have some skills even if he got booted out of the service.

Also: I am again uploading the JOE version my upload crashed and I wasn't aware until now. Sorry.

And yes the update won't accept the old saved games, sorry about that too. sad.gif

I'm having the same problem as Spykersid.. the screen goes completely Blue when you enter the warehouse and i can only see the HUD and aiming crosshair, The Heat goggles doesn't help..again its NOT the Screen goes DARK but BLUE.

Here's two pictures to help you understand..

user posted image

The First picture shows the screen going completely just as i enter the warehouse.

user posted image

In the second picture, i have used the heat goggles.. the difference is that it would make the blue screen into a blue screen with red dots, that's all it does and it doesn't help me find the guards.

Please find a fix for this because i always fail at this part..

Jabhacksoul
  • Jabhacksoul

Retired

• Members

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:11 PM Edited by Jabhacksoul, 11 July 2013 - 02:13 PM.

Thank you for the screen shots it always helps.

Here is a test scm PLEASE let me know if this corrects it or makes it worse.

Thank you.

**Link no longer available**

This shouldn't have an effect on your saved games if you are using the current version.

toonskull
  • toonskull

Necromancer

• Members

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:02 AM

To Whom It May Concern;

confused.gif My brother informed me today that GTA Garage no longer hosts or will host Tenpenny Stories. JAB uploaded it twice and it was removed twice. They refuse to host it because I included a GUI and SAAT which is clearly not our mod but was included for your convience so as not to have to go searching for it on some dead link.

Are we mod ripping? No. It is clearly stated on pdescobar's site;
The San Andreas Audio Toolkit is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

The San Andreas Audio Toolkit is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.

Alci's GUI is also hosted on the GTA Garage and also contains SAAT. So why has Tenpenny been removed and Alci's GUI remained? I don't think it should be removed either. I included Alci's GUI and SAAT so people would; A) not have a 60MB download and B) no audio conflicts. We never took away or added to either program.

Sadly my brother is far too kind. He said he will upload this once more if he can get a moderator from GTA Garage to give official approval otherwise it will no longer reside on their server and be kept strictly available from other sites. This forum thread will close and we will no longer need or desire accounts.

Thank You,

Vincent Black

Platinum Card
  • Platinum Card

DYOM mission maker

• Members

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:57 PM

Woah, that sucks. You guys have put together a very good mod and from what I read the mod shouldn't have been removed. I hope that this matter shall be resolved and that you guys hopefully remain on the forum.

-Platinum

Jabhacksoul
  • Jabhacksoul

Retired

• Members

Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:13 AM

Well I tried and pointed out the facts. But Dutchy3010, says no.

If you need Q&A from this point on I highly recommend looking us up on: TGTAP

Thanks,

JAB aka Joshua Black

spykersid
  • spykersid

Sidspyker

• Members

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:11 AM Edited by spykersid, 02 September 2009 - 08:42 AM.

Gee....okay i'll try the fixed SCM...and btw i know Splinter Cell...its my favourite game.....never underestimate anyone.....lol........

EDIT:I tried...and its working....no blue screen......

Sam Fisher---> ph34r.gif

ClicheUsername
  • ClicheUsername

VC Rage Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 13 September 2009 - 01:13 AM

Help! I have no idea how to install this confused.gif And I really wanna play it help~~ sad.gif

riz009
  • riz009

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2009 - 05:44 AM

Great mod..9.5/10 for this mod. ALL the mission is great..except the "Flying Elvis" mission. Hell, y'all must see the ending cutscene of "the death of Carl Johnson"(the last mission). Keep up the good work and fix those sh**ty crashes, sometimes it takes the fun out of the game. cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

toonskull
  • toonskull

Necromancer

• Members

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:38 AM Edited by toonskull, 11 July 2013 - 11:23 PM.

My brother is very lazy. Too lazy to inform people here that since the initial JOE & PRO distros were released over 10,000 downloads have been clocked. Well I finally got my sh... uh stuff together and made the perfect little install program for this mod. If you haven't downloaded Tenpenny Stories you can now easy install the whole mess without hassle. It makes backups of the files replaced and will reload those when uninstalled.

Tenpenny All in One 57.5 Mb

ALT Mirror site

Also if you need help with any of the missions YouTube has walkthroughs on many missions. You could view those to see if you think you want to play it.

07.11.13 - repaired broken links

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users