PC Version [at] gamescom 2009 ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
162 replies to this topic
Lollercoaster
  • Lollercoaster

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:34 PM

It'll add to the longetivity of the game so why not.

GuruAskew
  • GuruAskew

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 August 2009 - 01:22 AM

Everyone deserves to enjoy the gamexperience...

Yeah and the Xbox 360 is available to everyone.

Hydro_PT
  • Hydro_PT

THE S.T.A.L.KE.R.

• Members

Posted 04 August 2009 - 01:24 AM

Lol not everyone has money to buy more than one console/PC. Don't be a fanboy.

GuruAskew
  • GuruAskew

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 August 2009 - 01:28 AM

Actually if you can afford games you can afford game consoles, especially when the cost of a 360 is less than 4 new games.

You can call me a fanboy all you want but I understand that if I want to play "Little Big Planet" or "God of War" I'm going to have to buy another console and you don't hear me whining about it.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 04 August 2009 - 01:38 AM

I had an xbox 360, I got rid of it because I was appalled at how bad the graphics were. The day the PC version was announced I was over the moon. Since playing GTA 4 on my PC at FIVE times the settings of your xbox 360 I could never go back to the lo-res blurred mess that passes for graphics on the consoles.

I want The Lost and Damned on the PC because a) the PC is the home of GTA and b) I want to see the Lost and Damned in crystal clear high resolution graphics.

You are happy to settle for less then good for you, I am not. I know the DLC will appear on the PC sooner or later because MS has a vested interest in seeing it on the PC. Remember it is MS that controls this DLC and they will be the one's that decide which format gets it. It isn't too far a stretch to see MS try and give their GFWL service a boost by releasing the DLC later this year.

When that time comes I will enjoy playing the DLC and seeing all the tiny details that you miss on the console version due to the low 720p res and horrendous Vaseline blur.

StoOopiD
  • StoOopiD

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 August 2009 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Aug 4 2009, 01:38)
I had an xbox 360, I got rid of it because I was appalled at how bad the graphics were. The day the PC version was announced I was over the moon. Since playing GTA 4 on my PC at FIVE times the settings of your xbox 360 I could never go back to the lo-res blurred mess that passes for graphics on the consoles.

I want The Lost and Damned on the PC because a) the PC is the home of GTA and b) I want to see the Lost and Damned in crystal clear high resolution graphics.

You are happy to settle for less then good for you, I am not. I know the DLC will appear on the PC sooner or later because MS has a vested interest in seeing it on the PC. Remember it is MS that controls this DLC and they will be the one's that decide which format gets it. It isn't too far a stretch to see MS try and give their GFWL service a boost by releasing the DLC later this year.

When that time comes I will enjoy playing the DLC and seeing all the tiny details that you miss on the console version due to the low 720p res and horrendous Vaseline blur.

Im very disappointed with buying the PS3. to me its just a $400 blu-ray player.

8 cell cores. Whatever. it needs 20
Stupid games. Mostly for 8 yr olds
Majority of the games are 720p=crappy graphics
No games support mouse and keyboard
the FPS games have to be the worst games ever
the Playstation network sucks but free

The PS3 release MADNESS !! priceless. devil.gif

PS3 RACE

Carnage1120
  • Carnage1120

Misanthropic Wiseguy

• Members

Posted 04 August 2009 - 03:22 AM

QUOTE (Mafuyu @ Aug 3 2009, 08:22)
What?! Yes! The german USK-Ranking has published the news! Lost and Damned is coming to pc and ps3. Look here:

http://translate.goo...&hl=de&ie=UTF-8

I SAY OLD BEAN!
I must express my astonishment of your claim!
IS THIS FACT, OR A CLEVER RUSE?
monocle.gif orly.gif

FelipeVinhao
  • FelipeVinhao

Under construction, sorry for the inconvenience

• Members

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:05 AM

I've barely read this full topic, but I must say: amen, Charlie.

Dcrysis02
  • Dcrysis02

The Stronger One

• Members

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:02 AM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Aug 4 2009, 01:38)
The day the PC version was announced I was over the moon.

Hah, don't you find this funny? You were over the Moon, and GTAIV has no Moon. Maybe you destroyed it in the process of getting up there? biggrin.gif

Say Charles, i bet you're getting The Force Unleashed too, right? Now that it's been announced for the PC and all.

JohnZS
  • JohnZS

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:00 AM

I really do hope that this is not some sort of strange typo or something. It would be awesome if The Lost and The Dammed came to the PC biggrin.gif

heat84
  • heat84

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:14 AM

QUOTE (Insom @ Aug 3 2009, 06:47)
I don't trust any site that needs to be translated through google.

That's like saying you don't trust anybody who doesn't speak English. wow.gif

lh1
  • lh1

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:38 AM

TLAD PC version will be release in DLC and Disc form.

jeickel
  • jeickel

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:35 AM

^

Said who?

MLVD
  • MLVD

Thug

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:54 AM

The OFLC has Lost and Damned as "Multi Platform" HERE.

hip
  • hip

LCPD

• Members

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:56 AM

thanks, good news!

thales100
  • thales100

TripleHeader

• Members

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:11 AM

Wow thats what i call great news !! biggrin.gif

Hydro_PT
  • Hydro_PT

THE S.T.A.L.KE.R.

• Members

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE (GuruAskew @ Aug 4 2009, 02:28)

Actually if you can afford games you can afford game consoles, especially when the cost of a 360 is less than 4 new games.

You can call me a fanboy all you want but I understand that if I want to play "Little Big Planet" or "God of War" I'm going to have to buy another console and you don't hear me whining about it.

And who said I can afford games? I wish I could afford all the games I want, I only buy some 5 per year.

I hate exclusives btw. Every player should be able to play what he wants on the platform he wants. Not having to buy a PS3 to play Grand Turismo 5 and then a Xbox 360 to play Forza 3 and a good computer to play Sims 3. That's just stupid, but ok, it gives a lot of money to console makers and that's what they want.

Anyway this is not relevant to the topic. wink.gif

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

In the beginning there was Jack

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:41 AM

WOW! Really good news, MLVD. cool.gif cookie.gif

cqdemal
  • cqdemal

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 August 2009 - 12:06 PM

OFLC also lists Crysis, Crysis Warhead, Halo Wars, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Company of Heroes and probably many, many more games as 'Multi Platform'. Let's not party just yet.

Jimbo_V
  • Jimbo_V

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 August 2009 - 02:31 PM

We WILL get the Lost and Damned for PC. Think about it, there are soo many PC Gamers out there, more than 360 players.
And yeah, the PC was, is and will be the home of GTA. They WILL Release it around Christmas due to the Christmas Sales.
Don't worry, it will come. colgate.gif

Insom
  • Insom

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 August 2009 - 02:43 PM

^There's more PC players, but most are pirates

Neon25
  • Neon25

Proud PC gamer

• Members

Posted 04 August 2009 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (Insom @ Aug 4 2009, 14:43)

If you have any research indicating that there are more pirates than legitimate players on PC, I will come to you and kiss your butt.

Yes, piracy is a big problem on PC, but you can't tell that MOST (ergo >50% ) are pirates.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

In the beginning there was Jack

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2009 - 03:07 PM

Aha, and, of course, X360 gamers are clean, white and fluffy. sarcasm.gif

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 04 August 2009 - 03:28 PM

Ok peeps lets not turn this into a piracy debate. This is about whether the lost and damned is coming to the PC.

JohnZS
  • JohnZS

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:56 PM

I really do hope Charlie that this is not some sort of false hope...It would make sense for Microsoft to allow this, if only to say sorry for the GFWL platform wink.gif

Playboy J
  • Playboy J

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:57 PM

Oh yeah!!! If that is true, i am so happy, that TLAD will be released on PC!!! Screw that The Ballad Of Gay Tony, The Lost And Damned rulz!!!!

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:06 PM

I have a question for you Charlie, now it's clear you're a Hardcore PC fan, but what I find odd is how you despise consoles, etc, I find that a real shame, not just for you, but for any fanboys in general who chose to be obsessive fans over one platform because you're just cutting your gaming range off. The best choice I made this generation was deciding to get all consoles so that I always have a choice and will be able to play any exclusives which any console will offer. Saying you don't like consoles because they're only 720p (most games) and the effects arn't as good as PC just makes you sound like a Graphics Whore if anything and you're missing out on great games like Uncharted and Gears of War 2. But whatever, not saying your opinion is wrong, think how you like, just commenting on it and for all fanboys really that I just don't get it as to why you'd limit your gaming range.

No doubt now I'm going to get slagged off from various fanboys after this post. tounge.gif

RedEnd
  • RedEnd

PC Gaming FTW

• Members

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:34 PM

Even if its not coming gamscom.com can still pull a joke and change their name to gamescam.com!

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 05 August 2009 - 01:28 AM

Sent you a pm Ash_735 didn't want to derail this topic wink.gif . I am not overly convinced by the german ratings stuff myself. I do expect TLaD to come to the PC because it is in MS's interests to do so. After all where do you think MS got the bloody $50 million from in the first place tounge.gif .

There is also the issue that GFWL looks absolutely appalling at the moment content wise. I was just looking at it tonight and basically all there is is Fallout DLC and a few crappy videos. They will want to add the GTA DLC to that content sooner or later just to bolster the failing GFWL system

However I am still having fun with GTA 4 and can wait a bit longer for the TLaD, it will come when it comes.

ivelintod
  • ivelintod

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 August 2009 - 07:06 AM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Aug 5 2009, 01:28)
Sent you a pm Ash_735 didn't want to derail this topic wink.gif . I am not overly convinced by the german ratings stuff myself. I do expect TLaD to come to the PC because it is in MS's interests to do so. After all where do you think MS got the bloody $50 million from in the first place tounge.gif .

There is also the issue that GFWL looks absolutely appalling at the moment content wise. I was just looking at it tonight and basically all there is is Fallout DLC and a few crappy videos. They will want to add the GTA DLC to that content sooner or later just to bolster the failing GFWL system

However I am still having fun with GTA 4 and can wait a bit longer for the TLaD, it will come when it comes.

Perhaps it won't come 'cus if you enter TLAD PC Rumours in gta4.net you'll see that there has been added this note : Editor's Note from Andy: This post was tweaked to clarify a few details. We offer our apologies to the rabid PC gaming masses for any confusion that we've caused.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users