PC Version [at] gamescom 2009 ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
162 replies to this topic
D. Eiht
  • D. Eiht

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (Bumsfrosch3000 @ Aug 3 2009, 13:05)
Look at this here and start to cry:

user posted image

Why should I cry? You sound like showing a trailer before a game drops is not the regular way... mercie_blink.gif

uNi
  • uNi

Cyclop 9

• None

Posted 03 August 2009 - 04:47 PM

http://www.gta4.net/...trailer-rumours

Drunk Russian 9
  • Drunk Russian 9

Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 04:47 PM

Anyone else thinks R* will release it for free?

truehighroller
  • truehighroller

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (uni @ Aug 3 2009, 11:47)

So in other words, SCREW YOU PC USERS, YOU ARE ALL BASTARDS AND WE HATE YOU. suicidal.gif

Astrixone
  • Astrixone

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE (Drunk Russian 9 @ Aug 3 2009, 16:47)

No.
They would if they will only publish the lost and damned for PC.
I think they will sell the liberty city episodes for all consoles because, its not exclusive for anyone, its more easy than order it through the internet and download it and it pays good biggrin.gif .
If its wrong than just no, i dont think they will...

D. Eiht
  • D. Eiht

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE (truehighroller @ Aug 3 2009, 16:55)

So in other words, SCREW YOU PC USERS, YOU ARE ALL BASTARDS AND WE HATE YOU. suicidal.gif

Or it's just a lame excuse cause why the heck they would come around with a new trailer for "The Lost & The Damned" in 2009? notify.gif

truehighroller
  • truehighroller

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (D. Eiht @ Aug 3 2009, 12:15)
QUOTE (truehighroller @ Aug 3 2009, 16:55)

Or it's just a lame excuse cause why the heck they would come around with a new trailer for "The Lost & The Damned" in 2009? notify.gif

True, true.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:32 PM

So, basically, PC is not getting TLAD?

Jimbo_V
  • Jimbo_V

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE (Warlord. @ Aug 3 2009, 18:32)

In my opinion
as it seems it does get released under the PC platform
means, that PC gets The Lost and Damned, or am I wrong?

D. Eiht
  • D. Eiht

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:44 PM Edited by D. Eiht, 03 August 2009 - 05:51 PM.

QUOTE (Warlord. @ Aug 3 2009, 17:32)

No, I would rather say it's coming to PC. The gamescom opens from Aug. 20th - 23th and they gonna show one or two trailers of TLAD for the PC, so I think it's gonna be released around christmas monocle.gif wink.gif

Jimbo_V
  • Jimbo_V

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:45 PM

Yeah, if it comes around Christmas, they would make a lot of money cause of Christmas, or not? And all they want is making money, we all know. smile.gif

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:50 PM

Last decade of august - good time for PC gaming:
In 2007 Mafia 2 was announced;
In 2008 Bully for PC was announced;
And TLAD for PC in 2009. smile.gif

~Vic Vance~
  • ~Vic Vance~

Just call me Tom

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (Jimbo_V @ Aug 3 2009, 19:45)
Yeah, if it comes around Christmas, they would make a lot of money cause of Christmas, or not? And all they want is making money, we all know. smile.gif

They even delayed the vannila IV just so they would make more Christmas sales.
Well I'm not getting my hopes up. But it would be great if it was released.

grtz
Tom

Drunk Russian 9
  • Drunk Russian 9

Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (Astrixone @ Aug 3 2009, 17:15)
QUOTE (Drunk Russian 9 @ Aug 3 2009, 16:47)

No.
They would if they will only publish the lost and damned for PC.
I think they will sell the liberty city episodes for all consoles because, its not exclusive for anyone, its more easy than order it through the internet and download it and it pays good biggrin.gif .
If its wrong than just no, i dont think they will...

Only difference is, we're getting it six months late. Equivalent of XBL charging nothing for DLC after a certain period of time.

Hydro_PT
  • Hydro_PT

THE S.T.A.L.KE.R.

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:20 PM

I know this means nothing but, GTA IV was announced for the PC in August too. I still remember that day lol.

If this becomes true and TLAD is announced for the PC in August... nice coincidence eh? biggrin.gif

Still I'll wait for official information. However, these kind of sites usually reveal true info about a not announced yet game. Let's just wait. tounge.gif

uNi
  • uNi

Cyclop 9

• None

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:24 PM

The TLAD trailers were released in the PC, it's not a TLAD PC trailer.

tarnell
  • tarnell

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:26 PM

who cares about PC, i hope they realise it on PS3, i only want the game because of the multiplayer games,weapons and most important CLOTHES (which are already on ps) ohh yeah + its hard to fly of your bike which is great as i love bikes.

torresno9
  • torresno9

Rat

• Members
  • England

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:32 PM

well i hope this turns out to be true, i simply want more grand theft auto on the pc biggrin.gif

JamesGunot
  • JamesGunot

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:32 PM

it wouldn't suprise me if it came to pc what with mafia 2 red dead etc being delayed till 2010 still id wait for something more concrete

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:40 PM Edited by Street Mix, 03 August 2009 - 06:50 PM.

The TLAD trailers were released in the PC, it's not a TLAD PC trailer.

Like Dr.Eiht said, why they release 2 new trailers after the TLAD release? Not so many sales for X360? I doubt.

Nietzsche's God
  • Nietzsche's God

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Aug 3 2009, 14:52)
Well to be fair to others here the first indications that GTA 4 was coming to the PC was from the ESRB classifications website.  I think they had GTA 4 on their site nearly a month before it was officially announced for the PC.  Now I am not saying that the German classification site has leaked information on the DLC early for the PC.  I am just saying that history has shown that rating boards know long before we do and sometimes f*ck up.

However I don't believe in this case that it is evidence the DLC is coming to the PC YET.  I do believe the PC will get the DLC, it is my belief that MS will want to prop up it's crappy GFWL service as best it can and one of the cheap ways of doing that will be to release the DLC on the PC.  However they will only do that after they are convinced the lost and damned is of no use to the 360 anymore.

Well if that is the case, I guess we hopefuls will have to monitor the sales of the dlc to drop considerably for the sh*tbox * as a possible indicator for the pc gamers to get it sometime soon.

*(i think you invented that word, or someone else did)

morx555
  • morx555

GTA V !!!!!!

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:08 PM

IF it will be for pc it gonna be good thing...
another GTA biggrin.gif

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (tarnell @ Aug 4 2009, 00:26)
who cares about PC, i hope they realise it on PS3, i only want the game because of the multiplayer games,weapons and most important CLOTHES (which are already on ps) ohh yeah + its hard to fly of your bike which is great as i love bikes.

Don't be an asshole. There are PC gamers here too. And if you look at it worldwide, there are more PC gamers than console gamers.

And there's a higher chance of TLAD coming to PC only rather than PC and PS3. Let's just hope it comes out for PS3 too smile.gif .

Jimbo_V
  • Jimbo_V

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:24 PM

Okay Guys, let's think...
Every GTA except the Portable Ones (GTA Advance, Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories, Chinatown Wars) was released a half year after the console releases, think about it. Vice City, San Andreas and IV.
Next Point, Rockstar Games and Microsoft aren't stupid, they know that they'll make a lot of money if they will release it for PC. There are so many PC Gamers out there. Nearly Every (or Second) family has a PC.
Microsoft paid 50 Millionen Dollars, if I'm right. So, they want to get the money back in. I think they got at least 1/3 or 1/2 already back in. With The Ballad of Gay Tony they have their 50 Million Dollar back. And then they'll make turn-over (don't know if that's the right word). So if they release TLAD and TBOGT for PC they get money.
So, why shouldn't they release it for PC?

And remember, Hope dies last. colgate.gif

Hope you guys understood. biggrin.gif
Excuse me, I'm German! smile.gif

Smiler-Online
  • Smiler-Online

PC Gamer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:30 PM

I would imagine that it would be coming to Windows based PCs to try and encourage people to buy new Windows 7 based PC's!,

and I could imagine that there may be a small chance that it would be free, because Microsoft know that GFWL will not become a success being left just the way it is now...

and right now us PC gamers get Microsofts LIVE Gaming Gold services free because MS wanted to encourage developers to develop their games using the services,

but I hope that (if it is coming to PC) they improve the online anti cheating.

it would be nice to be able to play in Free mode without the need to have a trainer, just to avoid those annoying idiots who enable God mode and kill everyone in site angry.gif

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (smiler_16 @ Aug 3 2009, 19:30)
I would imagine that it would be coming to Windows based PCs to try and encourage people to buy new Windows 7 based PC's!,

and I could imagine that there may be a small chance that it would be free, because Microsoft know that GFWL will not become a success being left just the way it is now...

and right now us PC gamers get Microsofts LIVE Gaming Gold services free because MS wanted to encourage developers to develop their games using the services,

it would be nice to be able to play in Free mode without the need to have a trainer, just to avoid those annoying idiots who enable God mode and kill everyone in site angry.gif

Not to sound like an ass, but it seems like you're basing this off GTA alone, again, as with the Graphics Drivers thread, GTA isn't the only damn PC game around, Fallout 3 sells content over GfWL and it's the same price as the console version, not only has there been multiple expansion packs for Fallout 3 but they still sell ok over GfWL. Why would TLAD be a Windows 7 exclusive? The game requires GTA IV which works on XP and Vista, it would make no sense at all for Microsoft or Rockstar to hold TLAD off as a Windows 7 exclusive, when, to be honest, there would be much better games to do that with, not saying TLAD is bad, infact I think it's great, but it's just an expansion to an already released game.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:29 PM

If i remember right TLAD was announced for ps3 to arrive on the current month for it , at the same time when they announced CTW for PSP, oh and i seen something about a new PS2 game back than.
Let's hope its all true.

Smiler-Online
  • Smiler-Online

PC Gamer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Aug 3 2009, 20:06)

it would be nice to be able to play in Free mode without the need to have a trainer, just to avoid those annoying idiots who enable God mode and kill everyone in site  angry.gif

Not to sound like an ass, but it seems like you're basing this off GTA alone, again, as with the Graphics Drivers thread, GTA isn't the only damn PC game around, Fallout 3 sells content over GfWL and it's the same price as the console version, not only has there been multiple expansion packs for Fallout 3 but they still sell ok over GfWL. Why would TLAD be a Windows 7 exclusive? The game requires GTA IV which works on XP and Vista, it would make no sense at all for Microsoft or Rockstar to hold TLAD off as a Windows 7 exclusive, when, to be honest, there would be much better games to do that with, not saying TLAD is bad, infact I think it's great, but it's just an expansion to an already released game.

GTAIV is a game that majority of gamers like to play, because it gives you the abillity to shoot if yoiur into shooting games, and it gives you the ability to drive if you like racing games, and thats just two of the things that you can do in the GTA games, where as fallout 3 is only the sort of game that people into that genre could enjoy...

and I didn't say they want to make it a W7 exclusive, but people who wanna play TLAD on PC may think about upgrading/buying a new PC
and obviously, that would most likely help to boost Windows 7 sales (afterall, who wants to buy Vista or XP now... they're sh*t compared to W7)

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (smiler_16 @ Aug 3 2009, 21:44)
QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Aug 3 2009, 20:06)

it would be nice to be able to play in Free mode without the need to have a trainer, just to avoid those annoying idiots who enable God mode and kill everyone in site  angry.gif

GTAIV is a game that majority of gamers like to play, because it gives you the abillity to shoot if yoiur into shooting games, and it gives you the ability to drive if you like racing games, and thats just two of the things that you can do in the GTA games, where as fallout 3 is only the sort of game that people into that genre could enjoy...

and I didn't say they want to make it a W7 exclusive, but people who wanna play TLAD on PC may think about upgrading/buying a new PC
and obviously, that would most likely help to boost Windows 7 sales (afterall, who wants to buy Vista or XP now... they're sh*t compared to W7)

I'll just agree to disagree on that one, GTA IV isn't really a flagship title for PC Gaming and no DLC is going to make the masses go wild and upgrade their PC's. Also, if you buy a PC now, you'll still get Vista, haha, you'll just be getting a free upgrade to W7 when it comes out.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:19 PM

Everyone deserves to enjoy the gamexperience...

And I must say, this must be the 'best' proof or 'rumour' yet. I must say I'm excited and I hope the 'Episodes of Liberty City' will come out on PC (Ballad of Gay Tony + The Lost and Damned).

New weapons, epic biker gangs (which is alot better then those 'gangbangers')... epic GTA experience.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users