» «
Photo

[WIP|REL]GTA Street Kit

27 replies to this topic
supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 August 2009 - 10:54 PM Edited by supermortalhuman, 02 August 2009 - 11:35 PM.

Hey all, today I am releasing V1 of the GTA Street Kit.

This one (v1) is a basic 2 lane roads kit ready for your modding and modeling - you can build any kind of town with these road pieces and add some path deform if you want to give elevation:

user posted image

Download my 3D Road Models here and thank you for supporting modding as more than a hobby.

This kit was used to build my 24hr baseland:

(lod, and optimized without a new baking)
user posted image

You are not limited to squares - this baseland is only for a possible idea for a map competiton and I challenged myself to do this beast in 24 hr (15hr work). Path Deform in max/gmax is great for turning roads to curves. I can make more though, which brings us to:

What's next? Tell me what you need. This topic is for STREETS and ROADS - you may request from me other kinds of models, but expect a new topic to handle all of that so if it isn't ROAD and STREET related, please PM. For THIS topic, You will be granted your requests for other pieces - types of pieces, types of roads, etc. Overpasses, etc. I am starting with the 4 basic pieces and perhaps this will be enough - or, perhaps you will want more pieces to make modding life easier - that's fine, I will love fulfilling suggestions for V2. Enjoy!

solomsolomol
  • solomsolomol

Doin' Your Mom

• Members

Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:09 PM

you know , that's actually a very damn good idea , i mean , we won't have to put pieces of SA's original roads on top of each other to make maps , which always bugs the game and doesn't look good , so yeah , here's some cookies cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

Also , you should make some curved road pieces , something like a quarter of circle (don't know the english word for it ,but you get the idea sleepy.gif )

PGoD
  • PGoD

Houat de phoque!

• Members

Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:16 PM

That's so great, thanks. I'll try that when I'll get home (Currently at 9 hours from my house)

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci
  • Croatia

Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:36 PM

Thanks it may help in road urgent situations sigh.gif

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:37 PM

Thanks guys, these are the kinds of ideas I like Solomsolomol, I just am trying to think of a really good way to make them. Maybe an S shaped road that can have faces deleted from it to achieve any curved shape?

Would you guys like some overpasses, maybe just upward slopes in case users don't yet know path deform? etc? Let's develop this. I hope next to be releasing facades that will be able to be stitched together to make buildings, needing only texture modding (they will come pre-UV mapped, like these roads) (in a different topic, of course).

Thanks for your support! I hope this grows.

Thanks GTARandom and DarkZ, whatever I can do to make this more usable the better - it is hard for me to make a kit for ease of use because for me I don't require it, but it can be a great help to the community to have kits like these. Whatever I can do to make better kits, I am open for smile.gif

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

• Feroci
  • Croatia

Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:39 PM

could you make some wider roads too like highways , tunnels , overpasses etc , so you give people the road/path origin and they can texture them whatever they like , love the idea. smile.gif

PGoD
  • PGoD

Houat de phoque!

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 03:31 AM

QUOTE (GTARandom @ Aug 2 2009, 19:39)
could you make some wider roads too like highways , tunnels , overpasses etc , so you give people the road/path origin and they can texture them whatever they like , love the idea. smile.gif

Yup, me too. I can't wait to see highways in that kit. I'll use it for sure wink.gif

vans123
  • vans123

Thompson 1928

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 04:33 AM

Yep, pretty awsome!
i would love to see Bridge pieces biggrin.gif , like brooklyn bridge pieces,urban bridge pieces, or simple train bridge pieces

man, i have to say....Awsome very helpful!

Fredskin
  • Fredskin

New Yorker Forever

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (GTARandom @ Aug 3 2009, 01:39)

Hum, Human MOrtal, i thinks it's a really good idea, but IMO you should not to do all the request...
The reason is simple, if you give all they need, they will never understand and learn how to do ..isn't benefic for them and for you too wink.gif

it's just my opinion, just made, simple shape and basic things.

The other reason IMO is, if you give to all the same models already done, everyone will use it in his TC and after a while all the TC will have the same roads, the same tunnels...it's a lame at final i thinks .

vans123
  • vans123

Thompson 1928

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:41 PM

mmmm maybe yes, FredSking is right im afraid but yes confused.gif

but anyway those two first roads are awsome

Fredskin
  • Fredskin

New Yorker Forever

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE (vans123 @ Aug 3 2009, 15:41)
mmmm maybe yes, FredSking is right im afraid but yes confused.gif

but anyway those two first roads are awsome

Yeah, those basic shape are perfect for any debutant, but try to not do such specific stuff ... just my opinion wink.gif

And Vans, i prefer FredSkin, is less pretencious smile.gif

vans123
  • vans123

Thompson 1928

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:46 PM

LOL sorry Fred lol.gif

*FredSkin 100 times in my mind* lol.gif , will never forget it

Fredskin
  • Fredskin

New Yorker Forever

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:47 PM

You're Welcome !

OFF TOPIC : Vans , good luck with your mod wink.gif

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

• Feroci
  • Croatia

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:17 PM

I disagree he can give the model shapes , and as i said people that make texture them differently , not gonna be the same get it?

vans123
  • vans123

Thompson 1928

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:19 PM

OFFTOPIC: Thanx *FredSkin* lol.gif , i will do my best

btw....
GTARandom, even if the texture them miles away diferent,it will be the same road, no? dozingoff.gif
so now every ppl will start a TC without any effort, only making the buildings and thats all

Get It?

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:47 PM

Damn i had this idea while back but never did anything about it, great minds think alive eh tounge.gif , anyway looks good i'm sure people will find this very helpful when they first start getting to grips with map modding.

Timske
  • Timske

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 04:01 PM

I already have seen one.. With more textures and bigger ways and bridges. Lightning and stuf..

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:30 PM Edited by supermortalhuman, 03 August 2009 - 07:38 PM.

QUOTE (Fredskin @ Aug 3 2009, 08:44)
Hum, Human MOrtal, i thinks it's a really good idea, but IMO you should not to do all the request...
The reason is simple, if you give all they need, they will never understand and learn how to do ..isn't benefic for them and for you too wink.gif

You're right. I can make some more base pieces (seeing the mesh will teach a lot too) but also, I should do a tutorial video on how to take those flat pieces, make them longer, and to deform them to a path. Good thinking, Fredskin.

For anyone who may be confused: These are not DFF/COL, you need to make those - these are just little pieces that expect some editing. The textures are tiny (I'm sure they look sh*t in SA at a decent screen resolution, but you can easily replace). You can make many simple city blocks as they are, attach them all together, weld them, then cut them back to gta-size dff road pieces. But, it should not be bored either where it's just these pieces, so...

Does anyone need help in turning the roads to curves etc? Even if I make a road with many turns you can copy pieces from, it's still flat - and you don't want flat (I hope not tounge.gif ), so I will make a path deforming video (best for these pre-made blanks) if it is in demand?

I already have seen one.. With more textures and bigger ways and bridges. Lightning and stuf..

Where? I wouldn't mind seeing it and doing it better sly.gif Also, pretty unwise to light them when they are not for mapping but for saving time modeling. What good is a lit bridge when it can only be placed facing one direction? Exactly.

QUOTE (vans)
same road

I don't get it. Come again? Because, the same roads is a good thing... it's called a standard and yes, they are intended to be totally retextured, no matter how big the map, they are intended to have texture sets, changed only by the texture in them with the same names in different TXDs. Just like R* roads. Is this how you mean? smile.gif

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (supermortalhuman @ Aug 3 2009, 19:30)
QUOTE (Fredskin @ Aug 3 2009, 08:44)

You're right. I can make some more base pieces (seeing the mesh will teach a lot too) but also, I should do a tutorial video on how to take those flat pieces, make them longer, and to deform them to a path. Good thinking, Fredskin.

For anyone who may be confused: These are not DFF/COL, you need to make those - these are just little pieces that expect some editing. The textures are tiny (I'm sure they look sh*t in SA at a decent screen resolution, but you can easily replace). You can make many simple city blocks as they are, attach them all together, weld them, then cut them back to gta-size dff road pieces. But, it should not be bored either where it's just these pieces, so...

Does anyone need help in turning the roads to curves etc? Even if I make a road with many turns you can copy pieces from, it's still flat - and you don't want flat (I hope not tounge.gif ), so I will make a path deforming video (best for these pre-made blanks) if it is in demand?

Where? I wouldn't mind seeing it and doing it better sly.gif Also, pretty unwise to light them when they are not for mapping but for saving time modeling. What good is a lit bridge when it can only be placed facing one direction? Exactly.

QUOTE (vans)
same road

I don't get it. Come again? Because, the same roads is a good thing... it's called a standard and yes, they are intended to be totally retextured, no matter how big the map, they are intended to have texture sets, changed only by the texture in them with the same names in different TXDs. Just like R* roads. Is this how you mean? smile.gif

sorry to bother you Superblablabla, but those road pieces do look a lot like the ones which were used in some max files from a mod which name im not saying in here, they were in the devkit / baseland files altough it has some other materials on them the geometry is an exact match, anyway its nice to help out people who cant or dont know how to make some flat roads,

im suprised it took you 24 hours to make that small islands, imo it more looks like a 3 hour modeling job, anyway good to see you are learning ..

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 August 2009 - 01:20 AM Edited by supermortalhuman, 04 August 2009 - 02:36 AM.

The model of that baseland took less than three hours. A lot more than modeling went into the baseland from polys to game to lods to lighting to paths to trees to extra stuff not seen in the pic..

oh, Further, those roads took all of 10 minutes to model and then a little more time to make variants - do not accuse me of theft, I will be pleased if you continue this in my PM box and not in my topic about 3d roads, cause this isn't about 3d roads...

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:23 AM

This is a great idea for those who want to make new citys.

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:43 AM

Thanks, I hope I can think of more ways to make kits - maybe building facades as mentioned before.

Here's a path deform explanation, he seems pretty funky good to watch

noelgamo
  • noelgamo

LOL

• Members

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:53 AM

Thanks supermortalhuman the kits are awsome

noelgamo
  • noelgamo

LOL

• Members

Posted 08 August 2009 - 03:41 AM

yhm I have a problem ingame it looks completely weird but in 3ds it looks ok pls help.

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 August 2009 - 04:39 AM

Show me some screen shots? If you used my textures, that's why. They are tiny wink.gif They can be replaced with bigger ones, just use them as the "pattern" or "template" to match.

noelgamo
  • noelgamo

LOL

• Members

Posted 08 August 2009 - 04:58 AM

oh now I know why cause on ingame it only shows a like a bit of it then space then a bit of it.

johnathon956
  • johnathon956

Jim Davidson fan

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:03 PM

thanks very usefull

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:28 PM

No problem! I wanted to make more, but I haven't had the tenacity yet tounge.gif

Just a quick update: The files are no longer hosted on an outside site, there are other ways to help out and I didn't know it was such a hassle to download there - sorry everyone, lesson learned. Now they are a direct download of the zip without a wait. Enjoy!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users