23 replies to this topic
Alexander Blade
  • Alexander Blade

Come As You Are

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:43 AM

-= GAMES FOR WINDOWS LIVE PROTECTION DISABLER =-

Description:
Many coders which had worked with xlive-using games know that xlive.dll provides memory and code protections , so there are no ways to change main executable code. This asi plugin disables live code protections , so u can feel free with changing code of xlive games (ofcourse including GTA IV).
ASI Loader also can work with all dsound using games and applications.
Tested only with xlive.dll v2.0.0687.0
So now we can write hard-code plugins not only for Xliveless tounge.gif

Installing:
ASI Loader must be installed (dsound.dll). Copy *.asi file into the main game folder.

Download:
http://alexander.san...ectDisabler.rar

FunGt
  • FunGt

GTA-Modding.com

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (Alexander Blade @ Jul 29 2009, 10:43)
so u can feel free with changing code of xlive games (ofcourse including GTA IV).
So now we can write hard-code plugins not only for Xliveless tounge.gif

So for example what we could do with it?

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:25 PM

You could probably write directly to memory with this.

Normally xlive.dll would protect this.

Alexander Blade
  • Alexander Blade

Come As You Are

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:26 PM

for example any code patching , removing/modifying/adding/hooking code/static memory with original live

warclaw
  • warclaw

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:42 PM

Hi can i code soo the traffic light all are green? like in SA??? or please can you make a mod that can do that or program!

Thanks !

zBobG
  • zBobG

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:05 AM

So I could use this with FUEL for example?

I will try it and see what happens.

What I would like is a generic xLive disabler. I would like to completely disable xLive in FUEL for example.

Is it even possible to create a generic xLive disabler?

Or do most xLive-games expect xLive to return game specific bits of data, so that a generic dummy xLive wouldn't work?

I'm asking whether a particular game would have to be itself patched in addition to having a dummy xLive.

I do have the SDK for the xLiveless for GTA4. My next experiment would be to strip out the GTA4 specific parts and leave just the dummy xLive stuff. What odds would you like to give that it doesn't work that simply?

Alexander Blade
  • Alexander Blade

Come As You Are

• Members

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:18 AM

it works with fuel ofcourse ,
i thought about "overall" xliveless for all live-games but i didn't see good games (excluding GTA4) with live , maybe just Fallout3 and DOW2 (F3 already have something like xlivless by F3 modders) , all other games it's just a wasting ur time

Razor90
  • Razor90

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:11 PM

Hey Alex, with this asi I can use any savegame ? Because from what I understand this removes all the protected code from Xlive, so I could use any savegame because the protection is gone. I tryed that Xlive Wrapper, but didn't worked for me.

Jorgen87
  • Jorgen87

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:46 PM

Hi Alex. I have a problem, its about load savegames..

its several things in this,

1: first i tried to add xlive.dll,dsound.dll, to the Gta IV mainfolder, and savegames to the savegame folder. first times it says it could not load the xlive file, and than after adding your protection, it will not load anything. the game does not start

2: i have tried other patces to, and trust me.. it has been alot of installs of gtaiv game for testing for it to work.

i have got it to work before with the 1.3 patch, and than just saved it to another file so i had it also when i had the onlineaccount on. But it came after i had a cleaning of my pc.

Do you know how i can make it work agen ?
please do send me a message! cryani.gif

Jorgen

gt4rocks
  • gt4rocks

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:32 PM

hey guys , my avast gave me an alert that this file contains adware Win32:Adware-gen [Adw].

Why is it now giving this alert while i have been using this for a week or so ???

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

Why did I move here? I guess it was to bounce.

• Members

Posted 09 September 2009 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE (gt4rocks @ Sep 8 2009, 08:32)
hey guys , my avast gave me an alert that this file contains adware Win32:Adware-gen [Adw].

Why is it now giving this alert while i have been using this for a week or so ???

Your anti-virus developer released a crappy update. You'll need to contact them to get it fixed or get a better anti-virus.

CoMPMStR
  • CoMPMStR

CoMPuTer MAsSteR

• Members

Posted 15 September 2009 - 05:38 AM

Just to say, this doesn't work with Resident Evil 5. cryani.gif I have Alexander's ASI loader and it loads the ASI fine but XLive still loads. confused.gif

facinelli
  • facinelli

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2009 - 08:44 PM

Sup Guys

I need the CustomLivedll.asi, cuz i watched on Youtube, Alexandre Blade's video, and to make xlive works on batman to run FUEL, i need it

so if someone could send it to me
i would really appreciate!

[]D[][]\/[][]D
  • []D[][]\/[][]D

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:39 PM

Are you going to release an update for this that's compatible with the latest xlive?

Because I just downloaded this from GTAGaming and it doesn't work at all. sad.gif

froggz19
  • froggz19

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2010 - 03:35 AM Edited by froggz19, 11 October 2010 - 04:37 PM.

this mod disable the xlive completely or just the protections of it?

you will update it for the latest gfwl?

i can't play lan with my friends,i can play only with one friend,when the other is trying to join the current player in server is disconnected.
this is the xlive protection?
can you do something about this?

we have the legit game
it is possible that xlive to check if you overrided the connection?

i hope you will update it!

FaTony
  • FaTony

C++ guy

• Members

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:19 PM Edited by FaTony, 01 April 2012 - 09:00 PM.

EDIT: Never mind, it works with GTA4 1.0.7.0.

FaTony
  • FaTony

C++ guy

• Members

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:40 AM

Doesn't work on Win7 64 with Xlive 3.5.92.0. The loader says that it was unable to load disabler.

Worked on XP SP3 though.

adrian_2012
  • adrian_2012

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:17 PM

GFWL Protect Disabler is bothering me because xlive is not in the folder. Im loading it with ASI Loader (DSound), using modded GTA IV. Its the xlive.dll needed?

Also, if i have xlive.dll with dsound.dll in the folder, it won't read it anyways! And if I use xlive.dll without dsound it will crash, but I think that is related to modded launcher.

I have this folder because I play IV:SA. and i want it multiplayer.

Alexander Blade
  • Alexander Blade

Come As You Are

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

if you have xlive.dll in your folder it means that it uses xliveless and as the result you don't need protect disabler asi plugin

adrian_2012
  • adrian_2012

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by adrian_2012, 4 weeks ago.

if you have xlive.dll in your folder it means that it uses xliveless and as the result you don't need protect disabler asi plugin

im not using xlive.dll. when i try to use it normally with dsound (no xliveless or xlive.dll) it throws me an error about not existing:

4JLpGGU.png
Error Message:

gYm8JVx.png

Alexander Blade
  • Alexander Blade

Come As You Are

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

The reason is that GFWL got updated and something is changed in the code , so protect disabler doesn't find byte sequence to patch , means no way to fix . I won't do any updates to this plugin as well .

adrian_2012
  • adrian_2012

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by adrian_2012, 4 weeks ago.

The reason is that GFWL got updated and something is changed in the code , so protect disabler doesn't find byte sequence to patch , means no way to fix . I won't do any updates to this plugin as well .

Any way to downgrade GWFL? Old xlive.dll maybe? 

Also, where is that xlive.dll? in gwfl install or what? uninstalling gta 4 and gwfl and installing gta 4's old GFWL might work?

I will try this last one

Edit: Uninstalled GTA IV:SA (Mod), GTA IV, GFWL Marketplace and GFWL Redistribuable, and erased every xlive.dll in the computer. Installing GTA IV. Now lets see what happens...

adrian_2012
  • adrian_2012

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

I Identified the problem. So this is the problem:

Like 2 months before I re-installed GTA IV. So I installed all the components. I activated and launched GTA IV. GFWL offered me a update but I skipped it (because I tought it was a xlive.dll update). Then I made a title update manually. But after making that title update manually (With titleupdate.exe) the game stopped launching (Launcher worked, but no GTAIV.exe running.) Then I found this solution of installing GFWL Market place.

THAT was the Problem. Marketplace comed with some modifyed xlive.dll that your asi didn't recognized. Then I found out also that the update prompted by GFWL in GTA IV was only a proper title update plus a little xlive.dll (compatible with your script). Now its working properly your script.

adrian_2012
  • adrian_2012

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

As expected, it auto update -.- . Please release a fix

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users