Photo

Wobbly Camera Fix

6 replies to this topic
Rob003
  • Rob003

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:45 PM

ATTENTION: This solution is for those with the full RETAIL copy of GTA 4.

Contrary to the beliefs of many on this forum and others, this bug is effecting individuals who have purchased their copy. I've had mine since Christmas, I unistalled my copy and reinstalled it on the same PC. I was playing multiplayer just fine until today, the bug suddenly began to plauge my gaming experience. I contacted rockstar support they suggest the following fix:

Go to the rockstar activation page, revoke your key, and then reinstall the game. According to the representative this should fix the problem. I have yet to try it, please confirm if anyone else has tried this and resolved their issue.
devil.gif

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:49 PM

As many have been saying it isn't a bug it is an ANTI-PIRACY measure, now if I had a retail version of the game and I experienced ANTI-PIRACY measures the first thing I would do is a uninstall and reinstall, that is just common sense.

But thanks for passing on the information though.

Rob003
  • Rob003

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:53 PM

I understand, I was implying that it was a counter-measure, but valid users are still being effected. Uninstalling and reinstalling is common sense, however others might not have acctually revoked their key, prior to uninstall. Which seems crucial to the process.

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:56 PM

I would try to revoke the license and do a repair installation, or just tried to launch the game normally, this should bring up the activation screen again, activate the game and see if it fixes the issue.

I have seen more post on this forum from people with this problem, and providing they speak the truth, this might be a quick and easy fix.

In my view, anti piracy measures that suddenly appear on legitimate games IS a bug.

Rob003
  • Rob003

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2009 - 03:30 AM

Revoking the activation and then doing a repair install solved my problem. Thanks very much for the advice. Too any other user that is going to attempt the fix, you must use the rockstar maunal revoking utility found on their website.
smile.gif

shivanandrs
  • shivanandrs

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:06 AM

The same has happened to me one time before, about a month ago.
There was no problem with the software or anything else but was caused by error on my part. I accidently launched the game twice (i forgot to wait for RGSC to login).
No additional windows or anything came up, i thought all is well. It didn't take long after the game loaded before my screen started to wobble.
I just thought i would share my experience with you all biggrin.gif .

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:14 AM

QUOTE (shivanandrs @ Jul 29 2009, 07:36)
The same has happened to me one time before, about a month ago.
There was no problem with the software or anything else but was caused by error on my part. I accidently launched the game twice (i forgot to wait for RGSC to login).
No additional windows or anything came up, i thought all is well. It didn't take long after the game loaded before my screen started to wobble.
I just thought i would share my experience with you all biggrin.gif .

QUOTE (girishb @ Jul 28 2009, 23:36)
Remember that the anti-piracy triggers can be forced to happen on legit copies too.
• If you're running the game by double clicking on GTAIV.exe
• Or if you end the LaunchGTAIV.exe process while the game is running.

I'm assuming you ran the game directly from GTAIV.exe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users