Photo

Targeting - I must be missing something

2 replies to this topic
xerkon
  • xerkon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 July 2009 - 11:02 PM

Hi, everyone. Just getting around to playing this game for the first time. Have been driving around Liberty City and having a lot of fun. The only thing so far that I've been having a hell of a time figuring out is how the target button works. Maybe I'm just missing some simple thing but it simply doesn't do anything on my computer.

I've been scouring the web and from what I've gathered it sounds like it's supposed to move the crosshairs around so they're on the particular people I'm tring to shoot at but my crosshair always stays in the middle of the screen regardless of how many times i hit the target key.

I've tried mapping it to various different keys but nothing helps. So far I've just been aiming my gun with the mouse as I would in any kind of shooter.

What am I doing wrong? What does the target key actually do. Thanks for the help! biggrin.gif

rebel_36
  • rebel_36

dot connectah

• Members

Posted 26 July 2009 - 11:40 PM

if youre using pc standard controls the target button is only to aim weapons in first person view, RL, sniper, m16..

if youre using the ps2 controls (classic) then the target button is used for all weapons, you just need to have someone in sight and it will lock on automatically

xerkon
  • xerkon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:04 AM Edited by xerkon, 27 July 2009 - 02:07 AM.

Thanks. Yeah, shortly after posting I came across another thread which told me that. I changed my controls from standard to classic and then the targeting key worked with the pistol. It was pretty freakin' hard to play without having the mouse to look around with.

I haven't gotten far enough to get the M16 or sniper rifle. So with those there is a first person view that the target key works with?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users