Multiplay Monitor | Issue 88
Posted 13 May 2009 - 12:07 AM
Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:23 AM Edited by GTArv, 28 May 2009 - 01:44 PM.
Instructions for Staff
- Please do your designated work independently (In the case of staffers with the same designation - such as the the gang reporters, its best to coordinate). Be casual, do it in a way you feel most comfortable with. Remember, we're doing this for fun.
- It would be a good idea to run your work through a word processor and check for any spelling/grammatical errors, before you submit it to the editor.
- Do not reveal any details of your work to anyone until it has been published.
- Forward all your completed work to the editor, alteast 3 days (Thursday) before the date of publication of the issue.
- The PR manager should forward his content directly to the publisher.
- You can use the PM system/MSN/IRC to share ideas and co-ordinate.
- IRC Chat: #mpc
- Interviews - Wednesday
- Events - Thursday
- Gang Reports - Friday
- Uncle Bob - Friday
- Ads - Saturday
- GTA Multiplayer News
- Uncle Bob's Column
- User - Submitted Articles
- Member Feedback
Tips - What you could possibly write about
- GTA Multiplayer News - Regarding any official updates, releases, and how tos. (1 GTAMP Reporter position now open!) Must keep an eye on official websites.
- Gangs - Any new gangs that have popped up recently, and any closures. Anything out of the ordinary, such as unusual posts or threads. You could also maybe do a a gang spotlight now and then.
- Events - About the most popular events, and those with a lot of creativity and potential. Events & Player Spotlight.
- Interviews - Possible candidates:- proven GTA players, good event organizers, or long standing gang members, or just good people who like to help around or have fun. Ask them questions related to the area of their specialization. Prepare a few questions before hand. As the interview progresses, formate more questions based on their replies if necessary. Make it a casual conversation. Interviews can be taken on MSN/IRC. Once you're done, copy-paste the text into word, fix spelling and grammar, and send it to the editor.
- Uncle Bob's Column - How you could fix that slipping trigger finger of yours, or how to increase your rank, and stuff like that.
All of the above are just tips - you've got full creative liberty.
Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:41 AM Edited by Trooper911, 13 May 2009 - 06:46 AM.
So, When are we all set to start preparing the first issue?
::EDIT:: Oh, I see we still need a GTAMP Reporter.
Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:03 AM Edited by Uncle-Bob, 13 May 2009 - 10:07 AM.
My name is Bob, Uncle Bob.
I am your 1 stop fountain of knowledge of all things GTA multiplayer related.
Whether it be Shooting/Piloting/Driving tips, or glitches, or Secret Places in Liberty City, or you want to start your own gang and need some help,
or you just want to know some cool people to play with.
Whatever you need to know i can help you.
Think of me as Liberty City's Number 1 Agony Uncle.
Remember, If you are too embarrassed to ask anyone else, Bob's Your Uncle
Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:06 AM
Anyway, I submitted my interview. Just a matter of time until you all find out who it was with..
Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:07 AM
Questions to Uncle Bob can now be directly addressed to him. He'll check his inbox probably once a week, and his answers will be published in our fortnightly.
Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:44 AM
Posted 13 May 2009 - 12:07 PM
|QUOTE (GTArv @ May 13 2009, 08:23)|
Ok, so me and DemonKing write for gangs, i assume he'll take one page, and i'll take another page, so, i guess we're going to need to speak to each other so that we don't write the same stuff, or something, right?
Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:22 PM Edited by Trooper911, 13 May 2009 - 02:49 PM.
:EDIT:: Arv, is it possible we can interview people who work in the Multiplay Monitor? Oviously about things not to do with the MM
Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:43 PM
I think one page, possibly on general gang news, and the other on a spotlight on a particular gang?
Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:47 PM
So, i'd pick the weekly gang news if that's ok from you.
Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:53 PM
Andy, yeah, it very necessary for you to keep in touch with Demon. Likewise, Chunk and Trooper need to co-ordinate and so on.
As for the format - gang news & gang spotlight seem good. You've got full creative liberty, write it in a way which seems most appropriate to you.
Slight shuffling of responsibilities, proxy will now take care of member feedback too. This is to try and make the workload more equally distributed.
Posted 13 May 2009 - 04:02 PM
|QUOTE (AndySerb @ May 13 2009, 15:47)|
| Hmm yeah, that would be alright for me.|
So, i'd pick the weekly gang news if that's ok from you.
A better idea, would be do it so, one of us does a different page each week. I'll do the gang spotlight this week, and the weekly gang news next week, vice versa for yourself.
Posted 13 May 2009 - 04:05 PM Edited by AndySerb, 13 May 2009 - 04:11 PM.
This week i do Gang News Report, you do Gang Spotlight
Next week i do Gang Spotlight, you do Gang News Report
And so on.
edit : Also, i think this topic should go pinned.
Posted 13 May 2009 - 04:58 PM
Response from most of the team has been overwhelming, thanks guys. If everything's ready by Saturday, we can release the first issue the coming Sunday. There's no hurry though, take your time.
Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:26 PM
@ Arv, How are we going to send it out to people? You could have a suscriber list so then staff could advertise it somehow....
Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:57 PM
EDIT: Just realised I need to PM Pr0xy with the advert.
Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:59 PM
Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:07 PM Edited by DemonKing, 13 May 2009 - 07:13 PM.
Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:09 PM
I can get you my article by tomorrow, just say it.
If the definite day is sunday 23rd, then i'll just write it day by day and when the time comes ill send the report to you.
Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:12 PM Edited by Trooper911, 13 May 2009 - 07:21 PM.
|If everything's ready by Saturday, we can release the first issue the coming Sunday. There's no hurry though, take your time.|
His words anyway.
But really dont rush it. The 1st issue should be the best and the most exciting so like arv said take your time.
Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:19 PM
Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:25 PM
But then still NikoB has to write his report on the events.
+ We have to allow time for questions uncle bob can answer.
So there is alot of work that still needs to be done but if all the reports are done by tommorow I see no reason it cant be published on sunday. I guess we'll see what unfolds.
Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:33 PM
Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:35 PM
|QUOTE (NikoB @ May 13 2009, 19:33)|
|Actually NikoB has finished and sent it to GTArv. Just need to do one more as i'm doing to peoples jobs.|
Send it to Lochie NikoB, he's the guy who will be editing it first.
Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:37 PM
Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:38 PM
|QUOTE (NikoB @ May 13 2009, 19:37)|
|I will once i have finished the other one. I sent it to GTArv to get some feedback.|
Aha, I get you now. Righto.
Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:45 PM
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users