Photo

Multiplay Monitor | Issue 73

2,003 replies to this topic
T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Jukebox F*ckup

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:35 AM Edited by T0X1C, 19 December 2014 - 01:38 AM.

Obviously to offer his best wishes to those interested in topic statistics, Captain Selective Morality. You have to keep going after reading the 1st line :p
You have a good day now.
  • A J likes this

In Bed With Jed
  • In Bed With Jed

=A=

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:11 PM

I think AJ is being unjustly condemned. He actually brings up some good points, albeit in a manner that some may find as "aggressive". I attest to the fact that many people don't care about how many pages a gang has gone through in a month. It would be a good standardised introduction to each gang, however the content on every gang is very sparce and it pretty much constitutes as half of the news of that particular gang. I can appreciate that it's hard to read through every page of every gang but you do tend to write about trivial stuff and ignore some big events (atleast in the AoDs particular instance). Why don't you PM every gang leader and ask them to sum up what has been the highlight of that month. Surely that's a better alternative than skim reading through the pages and possibly missing key highlights. 

• GTAking33, A J, ILIKEFIREPLACES and 1 other like this

Wrong Kind
  • Wrong Kind

OG

• Members
  • British-Antarctic-Territory
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:49 PM

Sounds like MM is ending anyway...

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Most Valuable Player 2014
    Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:58 PM

The last page seems like a bit of arguing from the two sides, or is that just me? Suggestions are always welcome.

But anyway, i only said i wanted to know if i'm allowed to continue with the MM, because of the unfortunate events that occurred in November.

Didn't want to release a new issue of MM, only to get 5 minutes later a "what the f*ck, why are you still making this, you're an idiot, you're not allowed to release MM, etc, lock, ban, bye" type of answer.

Since Kirsty/Voodoo seem to be ok, and other staff haven't replied, i guess i'm allowed to continue, and that's it for the time being.

Someone just rename the topic to erase the *NEW* on the issue 73 since it's not new anymore of course.

• Wrong Kind likes this

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• None
  • Best Official Gang 2014 [Feroci]

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:50 PM

Keep them coming. :^:

• Raavi and Dewbauchee88 like this

PalmIsland!
  • PalmIsland!

Emirates

• BUSTED!
  • United-Arab-Emirates

Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:34 PM

I didn't know about this thread before until now, I'm definitely going to follow this topic. I have been recently searching and read other old topics from/about the era when the forum was founded. 

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• None
  • Best Official Gang 2014 [Feroci]

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:55 PM

Any news?

Sentrion
  • Sentrion

Ultranumb

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 February 2015 - 02:56 PM

I hope MM hasn't ended. Any news Andy?

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:00 AM

I don't exactly have an answer.

On one hand, i really really REALLY love doing the MM and contributing to GTAF, but on the other hand, with so many people of the community saying they "don't care" and everything else that happened in the past weeks and months, i am rather...disappointed, and tired, and not really willing to devote 10+ hours of my free time anymore, to work on one MM issue.

So with this being the case, i surely would want to put the MM to sleep, until some happier times.
But then again, i return to the start, and remember that i really do like producing the MM.

And that's the dilemma that's been haunting me for the past few weeks, and still is.
If there was a picture that could describe the feeling, i think would go something like this:
feCSjqq.gif

• Wrong Kind, Coat., Glenn. and 2 others like this

Vangelo
  • Vangelo

There is an answer to everything

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:36 PM

You have to do what you want to do. Don't ket any of us determine what you like to do what what you don't like to do.

I love reading the MM and I appreciate all the great work you do as do many other memebrs of the forums. MM is such a great way to help us get informed on what's going on and it's so cool to see other people perspectives on things.

I'm not gonna tell you you should keep doing it because you should stick to what you believe but I will tell you that there are so many memebrs on the forums that love reading it and are very entertained by it.

Keep up the great work

Wrong Kind
  • Wrong Kind

OG

• Members

Posted 03 February 2015 - 04:04 PM Edited by Wrong Kind, 03 February 2015 - 04:05 PM.

MM is great and I would love to see it continue. Nobody hates MM, only A J did and that f*cker is banned now. I understand why you're reluctant to keep it going since it seemed like your contributions counted for sh*t when that situation occurred but if you enjoy it and have the time then keep it going. Don't let how you were treated when sh*t happened a few months ago put you off. 

It would be a shame to see MM end after 5 years of hard work because you felt like nobody cares about it but do whatever you want to do.

BOSS 302
  • BOSS 302

AKA gnad1992

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 03 February 2015 - 04:13 PM Edited by BOSS 302, 03 February 2015 - 04:14 PM.

MM is great and I would love to see it continue. Nobody hates MM, only A J did and that f*cker is banned now. I understand why you're reluctant to keep it going since it seemed like your contributions counted for sh*t when that situation occurred but if you enjoy it and have the time then keep it going. Don't let how you were treated when sh*t happened a few months ago put you off. 

It would be a shame to see MM end after 5 years of hard work because you felt like nobody cares about it but do whatever you want to do.

I'm someone who never replied in this thread, but always liked reading MM.

BTW that A J is the "free aiming" asshat who likes to bash everyones else opinion thats different than his.. he will not be missed.

Keep them coming man   :^:

• Wrong Kind likes this

coach_wargo
  • coach_wargo

D1rty Rummy

• D1RTY12
  • United-States
  • Best Snapmatic [Vehicle] 2013

Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:38 PM

I've always enjoyed reading MM, but I can understand the desire to stop doing it. It's clear you put a lot of time and effort into publishing it. From a selfish point of view I want it to continue, but you need to do whatever is best for you. 

Android
  • Android

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Superior Mobile OS

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:07 PM

You should get a group of people together to help write and create MM. Similar to what GTAF Weekly was, from the General Chat area. I would consider it, if I were you.

Vangelo
  • Vangelo

There is an answer to everything

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:06 PM

You should get a group of people together to help write and create MM. Similar to what GTAF Weekly was, from the General Chat area. I would consider it, if I were you.

There are a ton of people I know that would love to help including myself if that's what you want
  • BOSS 302 likes this

Android
  • Android

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Superior Mobile OS

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:06 PM

It's up to AndyGanteks :p I'm willing to help as well.
  • Vangelo and BOSS 302 like this

Franceska
  • Franceska

You look up to me like I'm a pizza on the roof.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Queen of Pandas

Posted 05 February 2015 - 10:23 AM

Have you seen this though?
http://gtaforums.com...es-recognition/

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Jukebox F*ckup

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 05 February 2015 - 06:57 PM Edited by T0X1C, 05 February 2015 - 07:00 PM.

People will convince themselves to believe whatever it is they want to believe, irrespective of whether it's true or not, Fran. :^:
Certain people will take criticism of something as hate because it suits their agenda to do so and they're too small minded to change their way of thinking.

As for my 2 cents, it's obvious that a lot of work goes into MM. I would like to see it continue but I hope that the gang section is done better. Nobody cares how many pages a topic has moved, a simple PM to each crew leader asking for a summary of what they've been up to (as mentioned by Jed earlier on this page) would solve a lot of problems. More work, sure, but much better than keeping track of an unnecessary stat. THR haven't moved a page in weeks, that doesn't mean they haven't been up to anything interesting.

Wrong Kind
  • Wrong Kind

OG

• Members

Posted 05 February 2015 - 07:45 PM

2012... irrelevant

People will convince themselves to believe whatever it is they want to believe, irrespective of whether it's true or not, Fran. :^:
Certain people will take criticism of something as hate because it suits their agenda to do so and they're too small minded to change their way of thinking.

lol

• Android likes this

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:11 PM

Lets not let several years worth of work revolve around one member. There is more to MM than what A J thought of it, and as if it actually matters now that he is banned anyway.

I can understand the reasons for not wanting to invest so much personal time into such a project, because you simply might not have the time or interest anymore, but you did a lot of work before the OGA/pip situation and therefore if it is some kind of grudge holding you back...maybe it is time to just forget the past and move on with a clean slate, or decide to retire it completely.

I will say this though, there are honestly a lot of people in this secton, staff and members alike, that would love to see the MM return to action and get some much needed updates from all the new gangs that have popped up. The ball is in your court here.

• Vangelo and Killer Queen like this

Xyn
  • Xyn

ill

• Premium
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:18 PM

I liked MM.
Please do more.

Dirt
  • Dirt

rasta blasta

• Members
  • Armenia

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:49 AM

From one magazine designer to another....

You should definitely continue this project.

• Vangelo likes this

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:03 PM Edited by AndyGanteks, 09 February 2015 - 04:05 PM.

Ok look, regardless of what i wrote above(that is still how i feel about some things) there is too much going in my life right now and i've got to pick some priorities.
I'm in my final year of studies, and i've got a deadline to finalize my graduation subject decision by March 30th. And i've decided to re-evaluate my life and priorities over the next few weeks.
You know, what happens with me after uni, get a job, car, own place, wife, kids...etc.

So by 30th March the latest and not a single minute more, i will let you all know what will be with MM.
If i release a new issue by then, February, March, or both, then it means it will continue, If i decided to end it, i will let you know the MM is over via a goodbye post.

If nothing from me by 30th March, either a new MM issue or MM end announcement, feel free to lock/bin/whatever this topic.
Or if you cannot wait that long for me at all, feel free to lock/bin/whatever the topic right away, i'm sorry.

• uNi, The Damned, Rewas and 10 others like this

Coat.
  • Coat.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Don't worry about it. Don't be sorry. You have a life. We all have a life. We can't get caught up in this false world. MM has been cool, and your contribution won't be forgotten. Thank you for all the additions.  :^:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users