Photo

Bomb Da Base

9 replies to this topic
leper73
  • leper73

Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:19 AM

I'm VERY bad with the sniper rifle, so it takes me a long time between shots, meaning 8-Ball has no chance in hell with me. I'm trying out an alternate method of killing the Colombians later tonight.

Basically, my plan involves grabbing vans, trucks, buses, etc. and boxing 8-Ball in so he can't advance on the boat, while I run up and take out the Colombians with the AK or Uzi. When they're all gone, I let 8-Ball work his magic.

Will this work, or will he find a way to get out of the safety perimeter I put him in?

gtasearcher
  • gtasearcher

No sh*t.

• Members

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:44 AM

I don't think you'll have the time to do that, besides I believe the mission is failed if you get too far from the boat.

If you still need help, you can always request a SNP, providing you're on PC wink.gif

leper73
  • leper73

Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:05 AM

Nevermind, I did it on my own. My strategy can't be done, because 8-Ball hides behind some crates, and more than 2 cars disappear. I was able to use the sniper rifle, but needed adrenaline. Problem was, I was too meticulous about getting all headshots, but that wasn't necessary.

Bloodless
  • Bloodless

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:26 PM

I remember using spawned tank to block it off ph34r.gif

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2009 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (Bloodless @ Jul 28 2009, 14:26)

user posted image

The Unvirginiser
  • The Unvirginiser

You ain't gettin' your tings?!

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (Bloodless @ Jul 28 2009, 14:26)

That's a good idea. I remember this being a tough mission, especially since III was so realistic, 8 Ball lasted about three seconds at best.

cornedbeefsandwich
  • cornedbeefsandwich

Satanic Warlock.

• Members

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:20 AM

i had this problem too. what i did was just run on to the ship with the uzi, and shot everyone but 8 ball. as long as you have armor (it definitetly helps) you should be able to complete it with about 30 health ponts left.

Long Haired Freaky Guy
  • Long Haired Freaky Guy

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (cornedbeefsandwich @ Sep 9 2009, 11:20)
i had this problem too. what i did was just run on to the ship with the uzi, and shot everyone but 8 ball. as long as you have armor (it definitetly helps) you should be able to complete it with about 30 health ponts left.

I've never actually thought about going onto the ship, due to me thinking that I'd have about 5 guys shooting at me from different angles, and that I'd get killed in a short amount of time, regardless of me wearing body armour or not.

I tend to find that if you worry, then you make the mission much harder for yourself then it is. If you take your time and slowly scroll across the ship, then you should find yourself being able to kill them all before 8Ball get's shot down.

The worst part of this mission was right at the start, as you shoot one of the guys near the bridge, you find the other guy runs forward and ducks behind the cruiser, meaning you have to wait a few seconds for him to pop up before killing him. The worst thing is that you can't use a rocket launcher, as firing this at the cruiser spells disaster, as cars take a few seconds to blow up, meaning by the time it blows up, 8Ball would be stood by it, and would get blown up in the blast.

Heihachi_73
  • Heihachi_73

Hey! My cab!!

• Members

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:31 AM

Weapon cheats aside, this mission is fairly easy if you grab all of the hidden packages via the Porter Tunnel walk glitch; all of the weapons nicely tucked away at your safe house. M60 all the way! wink.gif

I also experienced a glitch with this mission a bit earlier today. If you shoot the Cartel with the sniper rifle before you park in the blue area, you lose all of your sniper rounds. I went from 600-odd rounds (aforementioned safe house spawn) to nothing after the one shot. Mission Failed as well of course (the Cartel know you're there apparently, even when you're behind the portables 200 metres away near the bribe).

XXI Inc
  • XXI Inc

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 09:01 PM

It was easy on PC, no cheats required!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users