Photo

Cutscene Music

9 replies to this topic
Keith Ward
  • Keith Ward

Mark Ass Bitch Punk Trick Busta Fool

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:28 PM Edited by Keith Ward, 22 July 2009 - 05:45 PM.

Hey, we all know the music in the opening cutscene of Vice City, the one with the drug deal with the Vance Brothers. Come on, you know it, that real edgy sounding "Miami Vice" sounding music. Well, I've been trying to find it for maybe 3 years now. It's a really awesome sounding track and I'm sure I'm not the only Vice City fan who really wants it. If you don't remember it, GO put on your game right now and listen!

Now, my question is, IS there anyone out there who knows what the track is called, or who the composer is? Anyone got any kinds of connections with RS that could find out. Or does someobody have the talent/skill to extract it from the game?

tarnell
  • tarnell

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:20 PM

sorry cant help you, but I like that music too,lol

NikoGTA4
  • NikoGTA4

Ringolo

• Members

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:41 AM

I think the music was created for the game, the credits music too. Both sounds like some Jan Hammer music... They are great.

Keith Ward
  • Keith Ward

Mark Ass Bitch Punk Trick Busta Fool

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2009 - 04:15 PM

I wonder who composed the Theme to Vice City... I looked in the little control book and the IMDB page, but turned up nothing... Anyone know?

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (Keith Ward @ Jul 24 2009, 17:15)
I wonder who composed the Theme to Vice City... I looked in the little control book and the IMDB page, but turned up nothing... Anyone know?

Sorry i cant find anything for you either ive tried the net and looked in the manual but like you i come up with nothing. Ive also always wandered who made it aswell.

Playstation_Loyalist
  • Playstation_Loyalist

Life's short. Get over it, moron.

• Members

Posted 25 July 2009 - 04:49 PM

I know the Vice City Intro Music is a cover of an instrumentals made by <?></?>.

I know it's a cover, so Rockstar Games is not an answer.

Blizzard14
  • Blizzard14

Get out of here STALKER!

• Members

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:15 PM

Go to Youtube, search for "Vice City Theme Song", download the Video, Rip the Audio!

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (Blizzard14 @ Jul 28 2009, 18:15)
Go to Youtube, search for "Vice City Theme Song", download the Video, Rip the Audio!

alternately you could use audacity to record either from the game or youtube, but obviousy you shouldn.t because this would be illegal.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:56 PM

It is on the VC Play disc(disc 2), all you have to do is place the VC disk in your CD drive, and you can play it with Windows Media Player. If you want the track, you can click on Start, then MY Computer, then the CD drive, and open the Audio folder and send that file to your Music folder. Since ALL audio for VC is in .mp3 or .wav format, you can play all of them in Windows Media Player, I-Tunes, etc without conversion. The Radiostations are in .adf format however, so it does require a conversion to play those files. This is not warez as long as you do not try to distrubute the files, since you purchased the game legit, you have the right to use the files however you wish for personal use. Hope this helps.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:13 AM

"The Theme from Vice City" plays during the opening credits and is different than what plays during the drug deal in the cutscene. "The Theme from Vice City" was released on the CD Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - Greatest Hits and the composer is Lex Horton.

Lex Horton probably did the same job as Michael Hunter in GTA IV and composed all the original non-song music underscoring events in the game. If the drug deal music is in that category then Lex Horton probably composed it. Oddly, the credits in the Vice City manual don't credit Lex Horton or anybody else for the theme music. There is an Alex Horton in the credits but he's the lead animator and motion capture technical director. If he's the same person as Lex Horton, he was working too hard!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users