Quantcast

» «
Photo

L.A. Noire

2,784 replies to this topic
confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

garou the badass hero hunter from one punch man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2017 - 07:08 PM

Anyone got any information on the cut burglary cases? If this was already discussed I apologise.

thats a good question. i want to know about them too. who was coles partner?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:19 PM

Caldwell would've been Cole's partner from the looks of it.

Anyway, beat LA Noire and it was a good time. Dunno why he felt the need to cheat on his wife tho but w/e.

gtaw1ngz57
  • gtaw1ngz57

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

For those w/ the remaster, how much has it improved? Better textures? Lighting?

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Pretty much. They added the beat cop outfit so im even happier now!

Efreet
  • Efreet

Has your mother finished mourning your father?

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Efreet, 3 weeks ago.

I've been playing for about 4 hours now and I cant believe how well done this port is. I've only encountered a few audio bugs and a couple frame dips but they were hardly noticeable. This is awesome and I hope it sells well because they really put effort into this, and it has motion controls which is fantastic coming off Splatoon!

EDIT: Also I just want to mention this is my first real time playing L.A Noire, I played it a little on 360 but I never really got into it, but this port just makes me so happy because it proves that Rockstar has the potential to release older games on Switch and really do a great job. I hope they consider GTA IV or RDR in the future, maybe even GTA V

Another Switcher is being delighted by Rockstar's work

We need to hear from GTAForum's Switchers. That and with the Switch potentially starts selling in the 15M-20M range and beyond within the next two years, we might see classics like Bully and San Andreas ported to the device. GTA5 would be a surprise and possibly 5-7M more copies to be sold on the portable platform. 

gtaw1ngz57
  • gtaw1ngz57

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Pretty much. They added the beat cop outfit so im even happier now!

I keep hearing about this but there's 0 video proof... I need that proof.

⁣V⁣
  • ⁣V⁣

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by ⁣V⁣, 3 weeks ago.

Did they really change the interrogation options from Truth, Doubt, Lie to Good Cop, Bad Cop, Accuse?

Way to ruin a meme:

Spoiler

• universetwisters and Ivan1997GTA like this

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Census]
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 3 weeks ago

Did they really change the interrogation options from Truth, Doubt, Lie to Good Cop, Bad Cop, Accuse?

Yeah. And since it's been awhile I was totally confused.

I'm playing on a One X with a 4K tv and honestly I don't see a super huge jump in texture fidelity. Don't get me wrong...it does look better and just plain 'feels' better.
  • Spaghetti Cat and Ivan1997GTA like this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I wonder why they didn't just go with the original "Coax, Force, Accuse" options. Those still seem to be most accurate relative to the dialogue itself.
  • trip, Darealbandicoot, Ivan1997GTA and 1 other like this

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by AUScowboy, 3 weeks ago.

This was always my favorite game released by R* during it's console generation. The attention to detail is absolutely mind blowing... it certainly has noticeable flaws, but they are easily over looked when viewing the game as a whole. Very cool to see all the old logos and indicia, radio programming, and the cars! Oh mer gahd... those cars. Great SFX too, from the guns to the squeaky drum breaks. Goddamn I forgot how much I love this game.. If I had one nagging complaint it would be that I want more story and things to do upon completing the game.

Edit: just had to say I dig your name Pig. I would love to see R* throw a good Pigsy reference in their next game or even GTAO would be a perfect place given how outlandish it is now... how about a mask?
  • Piggsy pls likes this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Edit: just had to say I dig your name Pig. I would love to see R* throw a good Pigsy reference in their next game or even GTAO would be a perfect place given how outlandish it is now... how about a mask?

I'd still like to Manhunt 3 tbh. Even though it's unlikely. I will admit the Smiley mask in GTA Online is pretty cool.
  • Ivan1997GTA and AUScowboy like this

gtaw1ngz57
  • gtaw1ngz57

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Still not making Kelso free roam eh? Shame.

mombo2811
  • mombo2811

You'll walk... WITH A LIMP!

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

https://ukie.org.uk/...stop-third-weeknot bad!
  • Efreet likes this

Efreet
  • Efreet

Has your mother finished mourning your father?

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Nice to see L.A.Noire in there, and as always, GTA5 continues to show up everywhere. 

AiŽaCobŽa
  • AiŽaCobŽa

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted A week ago

THE L.A. NOIRE CUSTOM CONSOLES GIVEAWAY SERIES: ENTER NOW TO WIN THE XBOX ONE X

CLICK HERE TO ENTER

bc3f04542edfdb01b53b6f499e9fd9a2.png

In celebration of the recently released new versions of L.A. Noire for Nintendo SwitchPlayStation 4Xbox One and the upcoming release of L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files for the HTC Vive on December 15th (now available to pre-order), we’re giving away a series of unique, custom-made, exclusive L.A. Noire themed consoles to four lucky winners.

The sweepstakes series begins with your chance to score the brand new Xbox One X, and over the coming weeks we'll also be giving away a custom-designed PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch and gaming PC (complete with HTC Vive), so keep an eye out here on the Newswire for the chance to win yourself a one-of-a-kind system.

69b24cbb164c7adf1ad6710d565bf171.png

L.A. Noire for Xbox One delivers the complete original game and all additional downloadable content with a range of technical enhancements for greater visual fidelity and authenticity, from enhanced lighting and clouds to new cinematic camera angles, high resolution textures and more. Playing natively in 1080p for the Xbox One and stunning 4K for Xbox One X, experience the grit and grime of 1940's Los Angeles like never before.

Through Thursday, December 7th, enter the L.A. Noire Custom Xbox One X Social Club Sweepstakes at the Social Club Events page for the chance to win this exclusive Xbox One X console and start your investigation in to the dark, criminal underworld of L.A. Noire.

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void in certain countries and where prohibited. Must be 18 years or older. See Official Rules and Privacy Policy for eligibility details.

http://www.rockstarg...-to-Win-the-Xbo

• Spaghetti Cat likes this

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 5 days ago

Those look pretty sweet, like the accents on the DS4 controller.

Been playing through the remastered (?) game for a while now. Been doing a case a night, so its a bit like a TV series that you can control. Playing like that rather than a shoot-em-up freeroam game is much more enjoyable.

Good Cop: R* did a really nice job punching up the textures and resolution for this remaster. And like Trip says, if just feels better. Playing this on a PS4 Pro on a 4k tv, what stands out to me is the HDR settings. Shadows, nights scenes, and using the flashlight in those dark areas are all much better. If you have the equipment to show HDR it will make the game even that much better.

And the sound well...sounds better. This may be just me though. R* does a great job with sound design and it shows here.

Bad Cop: If you have played the game before, there's not much new here as far as content. I played the DLC's after completing the original game, so it was nice to go through it as intended. But there are no new cases or side missions. There are some more collectables and a new suit or two, if that's your thing.

Accuse: It's not a deal-breaker, but there is some amount of pop-in. I noticed it quite frequently last night in a long chase scene. In normal game play it's not really noticeable, but fast speed in crowded areas seems to make it more common.

Final Report: A new coat of paint on an old car. If you liked the original game you're going to like this new one. Revisiting some of the cases and seeing some things that got missed last time was great. The graphic resolutions make the game pop, especially with HDR. However those that didn't like the original game won't find much new here other than a nice refresh. Treat it like a TV series set in 1947 Los Angles, this is a character driven story not a shooter.
  • Algonquin Assassin likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 4 days ago

I’ve just started the homicide desk. Still one of my favourite 7th gen games and one of R*’s more underrated gems. Didn’t seem to get the attention RDR got.

I don’t know why. It’s brilliant.

For a deeper experience I suggest playing in black & white.
  • Efreet likes this

Tonesta
  • Tonesta

Snitch

• Members

Posted 4 days ago

So I've almost finished playing the game for the first time (I've just got the final case to complete.....but as is my wont, I'm pausing to complete all the film reel collections/cars/street crimes, if I can, so that the final mission is the last thing I do to get 100%).

I've thoroughly enjoyed it - but it many ways it is a weird game.

The storyline is very good, and I like the core game mechanics i.e. searching for clues, and conducting interviews plus just enough action sequences to avoid monotony.

The interview logic is a little odd - it took me until halfway through the game to work out exactly how to approach it - but innovative, and just the right amount of challenging.

But they clearly spent years and years designing this absolutely colossal and incredibly intricate map, complete with a bunch of interiors, and then seemingly forgot to introduce ways to interact with it. I get that this isn't GTA, and you play a law-abiding cop, and therefore crazy rampages are clearly not going to be the order of the day. But surely they could have found a way to include some races or minigames or just meaningful NPC interactions? It's vast and beautiful, but all there is to do - barring a little bit of collecting - is look at it.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 3 days ago

I think when people see that R* logo they rightly assume a detailed open-world. LA Noir has that, but your right there isn't much to do outside the street crimes. If you play it like a good TV crime series it's great, but this isn't a free-roam game like GTA.

One thing I was thinking about, if R* ever does a sequel to LA Noir I'd live to see a prequel with Roy Earl as the main character. It would be nice to see his rise through the ranks, maybe with a little 'bad cop' thrown in there. Get to see some of the stuff on the homefront during the War, push and pull with the mob, etc.
  • Darealbandicoot likes this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

I see alot of positive things said about this game. I just played it for the first time and I dont see it.

It was short and boring. The story sucked. No explanation why cole cheated on his wife out of the blue. The shootouts were  not challenging and there was really no intense moments in the whole game.

I was expecting alot more. A waste of such a nice and detailed map.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Members
  • Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted A day ago

The story sucked. 

You probably just didn't understand it which is ok I suppose because film noir is complicated and difficult to digest. Most of the story is told through the newspaper articles so you might have missed some not getting full context.

The first time I played the game the story went completely over my head. It wasn't until I played it again it started sinking in. It's unconventional, but that's what film noir is.

• Efreet likes this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

The story sucked. 

You probably just didn't understand it which is ok I suppose because film noir is complicated and difficult to digest. Most of the story is told through the newspaper articles so you might have missed some not getting full context.

The first time I played the game the story went completely over my head. It wasn't until I played it again it started sinking in. It's unconventional, but that's what film noir is.

No it wasnt that. I got the story and was able to follow, I just didnt like what happened with cole and his wife and I wasnt too thrilled about the ending. The story itself was well written and made sense, I just didnt like it lol

I just went into the game clueless, never watched any vids and had no idea what the game was about and I expected more. Midway through the cases it got kinda of tedious. I guess being a detective irl isnt much fun :oD

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Tonesta
  • Tonesta

Snitch

• Members

Posted A day ago

I think when people see that R* logo they rightly assume a detailed open-world. LA Noir has that, but your right there isn't much to do outside the street crimes. If you play it like a good TV crime series it's great, but this isn't a free-roam game like GTA.

Which is absolutely fine, but then why build such a massive map for the game? If the map was half the size, I don't think the game would have lost anything at all. But instead they must have spent thousands and thousands of person-hours designing a world that then's barely used

Most of the time, when I get to the end of an open world game, I feel like I have a pretty good sense of the world - that I've covered most of the map, and can happily navigate around it.

Finished LA Noire yesterday and I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of the city. And yet there's nothing else to actually do in the world to persuade me to spend more time in it.

Seriously, probably 50% of the storyline missions take place indoors (in beautifully detailed interiors that must also have taken shedloads of time to recreate) and very few require you to do anything more interactive than drive from A to B (with the noble exception of the Quarter Moon Murders, which is the one mission that actually uses at least a portion of the map).

Not complaining - I really did enjoy the game. Just think they made some truly bizarre development decisions!

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A day ago

No it wasnt that. I got the story and was able to follow, I just didnt like what happened with cole and his wife and I wasnt too thrilled about the ending. The story itself was well written and made sense, I just didnt like it lol

I think it was hinted that Cole went with Elsa because she understood, like Cole, how war can take a toll on someone. Both experienced some awful things during the war and they had that bond. Cole's wife seemed to be an average housewife who probably wouldn't understand Cole's experiences properly even if she lived in a more PTSD-understanding world. She'd be sympathetic surely, but it's one thing to hear something traumatizing and another to properly experience it.   

• Cebra likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Members
  • Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 15 hours ago

The story sucked.

I just went into the game clueless, never watched any vids and had no idea what the game was about and I expected more. Midway through the cases it got kinda of tedious. I guess being a detective irl isnt much fun :oD

Fair enough. Different strokes for different folks.;)

Admittedly some of the cases can become tedious. Particularly the ones in Homicide. Vice has always been my favourite with the most variety.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users