L.A. Noire

2,702 replies to this topic
123tm123
  • 123tm123

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 June 2016 - 04:53 AM

Any updates on Whore Of The Orient anyone?

Assumed dead unless Rockstar purchases the IP and takes a risk to continue it. Highly unlikely seeing that it's nothing more than a concept with an extremely early alpha build that looks like absolute dog sh*t and a name that will not sell to anyone. The game is dead, nobody is going to fund it.

As of now the IP to Whore of the Orient belongs to the same guys who bought Team Bondi and I doubt they will do anything with it.

• hoopz71 likes this

Indi
  • Indi

Don't cross the streams.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 25 June 2016 - 05:26 AM

Any updates on Whore Of The Orient anyone?

Assumed dead unless Rockstar purchases the IP and takes a risk to continue it. Highly unlikely seeing that it's nothing more than a concept with an extremely early alpha build that looks like absolute dog sh*t and a name that will not sell to anyone. The game is dead, nobody is going to fund it.

As of now the IP to Whore of the Orient belongs to the same guys who bought Team Bondi and I doubt they will do anything with it.

Seems like it:

http://www.polygon.c...orient-canceled

• Black Metal likes this

BenMitchell90
  • BenMitchell90

Assassin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 hours ago Edited by BenMitchell90, 15 hours ago.

I have a big soft spot for L.A. Noire, despite its considerable flaws. It's just such a cool, unique game, with a lot of love and care put into it, and while the gameplay stumbles from time to time (the interrogations, namely), I loved the investigation aspect and just driving around '40s era Los Angeles is just so cool, even though you can't really do anything with this staggeringly huge and detailed open world. And while the story stumbles as well, especially near the end, I found it to be pretty engrossing and with some fantastic characters and moments. Roy Earle is easily one of my favorite video game a**holes ever. I even liked the ending, even if it was

Spoiler

I recently bought the Xbox 360 version (I originally got it on PS3, but my PS3 died on me this year) and all the DLC for super cheap, so I've been itching to do another playthrough. I'll probably tackle one once I've worked through this huge backlog I've built up of newer games.

And even if I did see it coming after what happened to Team Bondi, what happened to Whore of the Orient is pretty sad. It was never one of my most anticipated games or anything, but from the beginning I saw it having potential.

• Jabalous and HaythamKenway like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 1 anonymous users