L.A. Noire

2,660 replies to this topic
trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:52 AM

QUOTE (simonp92 @ Tuesday, Nov 27 2012, 14:40)
Currently playing through it again. Such an underrated gem.

Same.
I think I am actually enjoying it more on this play through. I was a day one person, so it has been awhile.

It fills a good spot for me in my video game needs. It is that game I can play when I want to play something but just don't have the energy or patience for a game with a ton of crazy action and sh*t. A game I can play while a bit tired...or maybe even play with slowed reflexes due to too many beers.

gta player13
  • gta player13

BOOM! headshot.

• Members

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:21 PM Edited by Mark, 07 September 2013 - 05:30 PM.

SPOILERS

roman bellics brain
  • roman bellics brain

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:48 AM

My favorite part of this game is the ending of the homicide division. It's an old game but i wont give away spoilers. You just need to play it.

The game as a whole isn't bad. I haven't played since i finished it. I have been planning on playing it again but another game allways gets in the way. Plus i hate having to listen to people talk in real life. I sure as sh*t don't want to do it in a video game.

maxoS
  • maxoS

Heisenberg's pal™

• Members

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:27 AM Edited by maxoS, 27 January 2013 - 10:32 AM.

Hello GTAForums community smile.gif

Since few weeks, always if I try to play L.A.N
but I got bugs and problems.

1st: When I'm driving and try to steer the car, it always Extremst... how can I explain it... like... if I press S one sec I turn around 90° degrees or more.
Just non realistic driving. And annoying.

Also, in missions if someone attack me, and If I need to hit him, I can't do it.
I press space, as said in the controls but nothing happens, they just always kill me.

So, my question, is this an known bug? I really want to enjoy this game again,
I already solved all cases, but this game is just too epic. Or may just an Re-Install help?

Thanks in advance

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

im not sure. i did not have any of the issues you mentioned on the PC version

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Forum Drunk

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

Well, I bought L.A. Noire for $15 and must say, I forgot how nice this game was. I'm actually going for all clues and questions correctly this time around and to answer all dispatch calls.

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Members

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:25 AM

Going to bump for something epic biggrin.gif

Potato Boggle
  • Potato Boggle

Formerly ozzman1

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:29 AM

Did anybody else play this game with no clue hints on?
It was hard as tits, especially on the arson cases for me.

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE (69_black_69 @ Tuesday, Feb 5 2013, 14:25)
Going to bump for something epic biggrin.gif

[youtube]1va8FxBl7Cg[youtube]

Was just about to post. That's pretty sweet.

Illousion
  • Illousion

Over the hills and far away

• The Connection

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:16 AM

At times, this game feels very much like a well-directed movie.
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Not to mention the fact that Phelps and Bukowski are rocking some fines suits here.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:34 AM

Is it me or does the facial animation in L.A. Noire still looks much better than what you can see in Beyond: Two Souls, except that the second title has a better graphics engine? Kinda funny that a game that's supposed to be an 'interactive movie' has a worse face capture technology than an open-world game that came out in 2011.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 09:34)
Is it me or does the facial animation in L.A. Noire still looks much better than what you can see in Beyond: Two Souls, except that the second title has a better graphics engine? Kinda funny that a game that's supposed to be an 'interactive movie' has a worse face capture technology than an open-world game that came out in 2011.

I wouldn't say so.

L.A. Noire had pretty mediocre graphics compared to every other game, EXCEPT for the facial animations. Smart move, since you're going to look at the faces the entire game, but it also cost them a billion dollars (check the differences in the studio setup at L.A. Noire face capture and the video about face capture from Beyond: Two Souls). Beyond: Two Souls just hasn't pumped a billion dollars into facial animation.

Rown
  • Rown

weltvolkzeit

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:54 AM

A bump is in order.

Having had the game beaten completely for probably a year now, I'd like to reflect a bit on while I may have really enjoyed my time with LA Noire... it wasn't without its flaws.

I snagged LA Noire Complete Edition for 30 bucks so I was very happy with my purchase. Had planned to buy it day one until the press turned sour just before launch. It was a really fun game and I enjoyed the general change of pace, however, this video makes some good points:

The video helped me realize something that nagged at me while I played L.A. Noire, moments when I was pulled out of my immersion. I'll describe two of the big ones:

1.) The first time I responded to a call over the radio it was the "Masked Gunman" street crime case. After what I'd been taught in the final mission of the tutorial mode, I thought I might be able to work around a fatality. When he made a break for it I held up my gun and waited. But the countdown to a warning shot didn't appear. I gave chase and found another opportunity to try and take him alive. As he crossed an open area I pulled up quick and shot him in the back of the knee. He dropped to the ground, and the body bag cutscene kicked in. I thought maybe I'd missed something. I supposed that since he'd been shooting at people, my fallback to lethal force was clearly justified. But I still felt a bit bummed that I hadn't been able to affect the outcome I desired in a game that was supposed to offer me choices in how I fought crime. In street crime after street crime I was more often than not forced to kill. I wanted justice, not murder. Where was the opportunity to use my advanced observation skills? Where was the chance to negotiate their surrender to save a hostage? I realize it's probably showing more than a bit of naïveté to hope for a happy ending all the time. Cops are, after all, armed for a reason. But having no opportunity at all? This felt untrue to the rest of the game.

2.) The halfway point of the game climaxes with "The Quarter Moon Murders", during the course of the case you discover that all of the previous crimes at the Homicide Desk were committed by the same individual. You then proceed to piece together the evidence with ample help from knowledge gained outside the scope of the game, it made sense but still kinda irritated me. Once you've unraveled the mystery of who the killer is you go to confront them. Lo and behold it's the bartender that you'd forgotten about from the first case at the desk! In fact he's more than that, he's the infamous Black Dahlia killer , the modern day Jack the Ripper..

Holy sh*t! Now let's arrest this f- oh God damn it he escaped into the catacombs. Well I guess it's time to call for backup and methodically sweep the place or gas him o- nope we're going in after him to chase him in an awkward run and gun sequence that breaks the flow of the moment and the intensity of discovering his identity. Oh well, at least he'll go to prison and rot for what he's d- looks like I killed him.

Basically, the game was marred by unnecessary gunplay. The game was marketed on its crime solving, investigation, and interrogation mechanics but it hamfisted in the gaming staple of shooting dozens of guys as if you were swatting flies. Cole Phelps could take on a building full of bad guys and with a little bit of clever cover use emerge with his hat still on. That's not just unrealistic (because it's a video game I'd personally let this go) but it's unnecessary to the game. I don't need pure non-violent gameplay. I'm playing a cop in the 1940s, I expect to have to pull the trigger, my concern with LA Noire is that it makes you pull the trigger too much.

Rown rampage_ani.gif

P.S. I make most of my posts out of order. Like... a thought of something to write will come to me, and then another, and another, and then I spend a good 5 minutes rearranging my post so it is more coherent. Anyone else do this?

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:45 AM

Been playing this to amp my self up for GTA V

I bought the season pass and it's nice to play the DLC cases, although it's would be nice to play homicide case without it being a black dahlia case and just an normal case with a dead dude who was murdered by his employee because he didn't give him a raise

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

BEcause of the movie aspect i so love this game, just started out again with this game. I love doing things differently this time, meaning i do things in different order and try to remember everything and really try to get the right answers.

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

People are still playing this?
Seriously?

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

This is the hook.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

It's a good game.

lh1
  • lh1

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

It's a good game.

Exactly. It is a very unique game and as a person who loves detective games, this is a rather new way of doing it. 

karaokequeen3
  • karaokequeen3

O.A.P.

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:50 AM

It's not without it's flaws, but it certainly deserves a second chance on hardware that can match the original ambition of L.A. Noire. Maybe set future games in Chicago or Miami, a branching franchise spanning different eras. (Would love a 70's detective game in New York, Shaft-style)

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:38 PM

Seriously?

Why would they not be playing it? It's still a good game, and just because its been out a couple of years doesn't mean everyone has played it.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:06 PM Edited by Majestic81, 07 September 2013 - 05:06 PM.

Seriously?

I sometimes play games that are 10-15 years old. as long as its good who cares about the date..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users