Photo

L.A. Noire

2,669 replies to this topic
Barry Spock
  • Barry Spock

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:17 PM

Yeah it's a good map. I think I remember the blurbs about it saying that it took 8mins to drive across. I don't know if it was quite that long, but it definitely took a while. And a lot of turn left, take the next right due to the nature of the grid.

I actually sold my copy a couple of weeks ago. I'll probably regret it.

Johnny_Cash1983
  • Johnny_Cash1983

CopKilla

• Members

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:32 AM

I downloaded this game from psn store and completed the traffic desk but the game told i must to download the rest of the desk any body have this problem.

mattymcs
  • mattymcs

For sho'

• Members

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Friday, Aug 3 2012, 09:46)
Is that good for an answer?
user posted image

Thats ridiculously inaccurate! Surely just looking at the two maps you can see they are not on the same scale?

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:43 PM

First, you didn't have to quote pics I posted especially that they are quite big, second I believe this map is somewhat accurate. It was made by comparing lenght of Santa Monica BLVD and distances taken from GTA IV GPS. If you can provide better comparison, you're more than welcome to do it.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:04 PM

I just purchased this game from Amazon for 6.50 inc p&p. Absolute bargain.

Is it worth looking forward to? Some people say it's too boring. But what confuses me is some people say it's open world and others day it's not. So which is it?

How does the game compare in general to other R* titles like GTA and RDR?

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (niko bellic half brother @ Monday, Aug 6 2012, 19:04)

Is it worth looking forward to? Some people say it's too boring. But what confuses me is some people say it's open world and others day it's not. So which is it?

Do not, I repeat, Do not think this is a GTA game. Rockstar only published this. Having said that it's great, but think of it as a detective game over a sandbox.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE (bammargera @ Tuesday, Aug 7 2012, 07:45)

Do not, I repeat, Do not think this is a GTA game. Rockstar only published this. Having said that it's great, but think of it as a detective game over a sandbox.

I still have no idea how people come to this conclusion, it's as if they never watched a trailer or went on wikipedia and read about it, or looked up a review.

I do all of that before i buy a game.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Monday, Aug 6 2012, 21:07)
QUOTE (bammargera @ Tuesday, Aug 7 2012, 07:45)

I still have no idea how people come to this conclusion, it's as if they never watched a trailer or went on wikipedia and read about it, or looked up a review.

I do all of that before i buy a game.

Well for 6.50, I don't really give a sh*t. I watched a few trailers, sure. I knew it was a R* associated title (GTA/Manhunt/MP1+2/RDR have failed to disappoint) so I just thought - what the f*ck, I'll buy it. I'm just interested in some of you guys over-all general opinion of the game before I recieve and start playing, jeez....

Steff R
  • Steff R

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:27 AM

More recently this has been my most favourite game! Yes it's a tad cheesy now and then and the voice acting in my opinion could be better, but it's the first game in a long time where I actually had to really think about where to go and what do it since the order depicted quite alot of what would happen. Only other game that made me think so hard was Heavy Rain but that's another story!

Los Santos Pedestrian
  • Los Santos Pedestrian

Then as it was, but again it will be

• Members

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:54 PM

I don't know why so many people complain about the cars being so slow. I mean, back in the 40's, a car with more than 100 horsepower was considered a sports car. The average HP for a car in that decade was probably 85-95.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:50 PM

If there was a case that had a car on fire with two dead bodies in it with drugs in the back, would that involve Both Traffic, Homicide, Vice and Arson

sublimelabs
  • sublimelabs

The Jimmy Rustler

• Members

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:25 AM

Just realized something, but I'm probably not the first to mention this idea.

You guys know about Trouble in Terrorist Town, that Garry's Mod multiplayer mode which has become really popular lately?

It'd work so well for Rockstar's L.A. Noire successor if they decide to include multiplayer.

There are three groups in the mode: innocents, traitors, and detectives. Everybody knows who the detectives are, but that's it. You don't see who's an innocent or traitor until you discover their corpse.

Innocents are meant to act... innocent -- while tracking down the traitors. Traitors can act innocent as well, but this is in order to kill the innocents (includes detectives who get in the way) without getting caught. Detectives have certain tools used to find how a player was killed. The amount of paranoia that goes on makes it so amusing. Check out Sp00n and UberHaxorNova's videos. There are so many ways to play. It's a blast.

matajuegos
  • matajuegos

2 Years in the forums!!! I MISS YOU ZEE

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (billy james @ Thursday, Sep 27 2012, 23:50)
If there was a case that had a car on fire with two dead bodies in it with drugs in the back, would that involve Both Traffic, Homicide, Vice and Arson

I think it would involve mainly vice

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE (sublimelabs @ Friday, Sep 28 2012, 13:25)
Just realized something, but I'm probably not the first to mention this idea.

You guys know about Trouble in Terrorist Town, that Garry's Mod multiplayer mode which has become really popular lately?

It'd work so well for Rockstar's L.A. Noire successor if they decide to include multiplayer.

There are three groups in the mode: innocents, traitors, and detectives. Everybody knows who the detectives are, but that's it. You don't see who's an innocent or traitor until you discover their corpse.

Innocents are meant to act... innocent -- while tracking down the traitors. Traitors can act innocent as well, but this is in order to kill the innocents (includes detectives who get in the way) without getting caught. Detectives have certain tools used to find how a player was killed. The amount of paranoia that goes on makes it so amusing. Check out Sp00n and UberHaxorNova's videos. There are so many ways to play. It's a blast.

I was watching Seananners/ hutch/captain sparkles/ juictra/All sham no wow.
Bloody hilarious because they're all just out to kill each other.
L.A noire MP would have been awesome if it was like that, too bad we probably won't see a sequel.

sublimelabs
  • sublimelabs

The Jimmy Rustler

• Members

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Friday, Sep 28 2012, 23:02)
L.A noire MP would have been awesome if it was like that, too bad we probably won't see a sequel.

Rockstar owns the IP, and they already said that a sequel/successor is possible. Obviously it won't come out in the near future, but somewhere along the road of next-gen.

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:32 PM

Depth Analysis, Team Bondi's sister company and owner of the MotionScan technology, have updated their site. It now features a video that shows off the capabilities of the technology. It's not your standard game trailer or gameplay footage.

It's a collection of previously unreleased bloopers from the actors' performances, and it's hilarious! Check it out!

disco
  • disco

science!

• The Precinct

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (Canoxa @ Monday, Oct 15 2012, 23:32)
It's a collection of previously unreleased bloopers from the actors' performances, and it's hilarious! Check it out!

That's awesome! It's great to see the other actors grin and laugh at the bloopers, I didn't realise each scene was done with all the actors being motion scanned at the same time!

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (Canoxa @ Tuesday, Oct 16 2012, 05:32)

That was just f*cking brilliant. It's like that they're actual living virtual actors... then those tongue actions. wow.gif

gta player13
  • gta player13

BOOM! headshot.

• Members

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

I finally got the game on complete edition for PC and it works fine.I also passed armed and dangerous but I didn't have time to continue.
Actually I'm leavig now I just checked the forums before I leave.Does any of you have any tips or tricks that I might not know???
sigh.gif sigh.gif sigh.gif sigh.gif sigh.gif sigh.gif sigh.gif sigh.gif sigh.gif sigh.gif sigh.gif sigh.gif

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

@gta player 13, congrats on buying the complete edition, no tips or tricks from me sadly.

Just started playing this again, I was bored, so I wanted to play an action game like GTA.

gta player13
  • gta player13

BOOM! headshot.

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

Whew,I just promoted to homicide.I was on a Run to play all successful R* games.After all GTAs and Bully S.E. I was so thrilled to play RDR and I loved it
What can I say now,about LA Noire? It's perfect.At first it was waaaayy too laggy to play.On the 1st case,it took me one full minuye to reach the bloody door.
I was very dissapointed.Now after 2 days,it has smoothen up and I am playing for hours every day and I downloaded all DLC's
(slip of the tongue etc...) Only MP3,GTA 5,and Agent remain...

M.A.K
  • M.A.K

Religion! ... Cause of Peace & War.

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

So spending the last few weeks playing this game, I love it!
Just finished the Homicide Cases, so far the best cases ever,I honestly had a wtf? moment when Cap. Donnelly said that the murder would be kept in the dark cause the guy we killed was a half brother of some high ranking politician, the f*ck! Oh well at least the killer is dead. Even though I enjoyed my time with Rusty, I liked Bekowsky more.
Now lets see, what the Vice desk has in store.

gta player13
  • gta player13

BOOM! headshot.

• Members

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

Guys,I had passed all 3 other traffic cases with 5 stars,but I REALLY f*cked up a slip of the tongue.14/20 questions correct,the guy really angry at the end,and only one star.
sad.gif

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (M.A.K @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 17:24)
Just finished the Homicide Cases, so far the best cases ever,I honestly had a wtf? moment when Cap. Donnelly said that the murder would be kept in the dark cause the guy we killed was a half brother of some high ranking politician, the f*ck! Oh well at least the killer is dead. Even though I enjoyed my time with Rusty, I liked Bekowsky more.

The Vice desk has a douchebag of a partner and one of the cases has nothing to do with drugs

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (billy james @ Saturday, Nov 24 2012, 09:54)
QUOTE (M.A.K @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 17:24)

The Vice desk has a douchebag of a partner and one of the cases has nothing to do with drugs

Actually, Roy is probably the funniest partner you'll get, although that is subjective. One case is only tentatively related to drugs but the other two are fine. I think the game starts to pick up after Vice, when the story finally f*cking starts, but its too little, too late for me.

gta player13
  • gta player13

BOOM! headshot.

• Members

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

I just got promoted to homicide.I'll check the red lipstick murder tomorrow.From the patrol,and traffic,I prefer Stefan.The patrol desk was way too short to get to meet your partner
so if there were more patrol cases maybe I would like him more smile.gif

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

I'm playing it again on PC, must be the third time I'm completing it, I forgot most of the cases/clues though so it's ok.

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

Currently playing through it again. Such an underrated gem.

gta player13
  • gta player13

BOOM! headshot.

• Members

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

And yes,I passed Homicide.Promoted again.I am great.I am always promoted tounge2.gif

M.A.K
  • M.A.K

Religion! ... Cause of Peace & War.

• Members

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

You get promoted whether you are great or not tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users