» «
Photo

L.A. Noire

2,671 replies to this topic
batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:41 PM Edited by batik89, 20 July 2010 - 02:44 PM.

QUOTE (Rucke @ Jul 20 2010, 12:09)
QUOTE (batik89 @ Jul 20 2010, 08:35)
Any news regarding this game?

Nope, but there's supposed to be this week.

Where did you get that supposition? If that's true, then it will be great, because I can't take no longer time to wait hahaha.

ldee
  • ldee

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:57 PM

Hi, minor little update on my original post. Cheers on page 10. biggrin.gif

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (batik89 @ Jul 20 2010, 09:41)
QUOTE (Rucke @ Jul 20 2010, 12:09)
QUOTE (batik89 @ Jul 20 2010, 08:35)
Any news regarding this game?

Nope, but there's supposed to be this week.

Where did you get that supposition? If that's true, then it will be great, because I can't take no longer time to wait hahaha.

It was a press release saying info would be "coming in the next few weeks" which could be now to infinity. I'm not going to hold my breath, but any news would be nice since we really don't know what the game really looks like.

batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:33 AM

I don't know whether this is true or not, but I just found this on Gamestop. Check it out:

user posted image

Dnero
  • Dnero

B4.DA.$$

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE (batik89 @ Jul 26 2010, 07:33)
I don't know whether this is true or not, but I just found this on Gamestop. Check it out:

user posted image

Woah, LA Noire or Mafia II? Umm, both biggrin.gif

Rucke
  • Rucke

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE (batik89 @ Jul 26 2010, 08:33)

user posted image

Shouldn't LA Noire be right under "PS3 Move" instead? I mean look at the dates, something ain't right.

batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:38 AM Edited by batik89, 26 July 2010 - 10:51 AM.

@Rucke: I read somewhere that Sony will release Playstation Move in North America somewhere around September this year. So that GS' schedule list is correct. And take a look at another title's release date... all is in the right place, right? I think it's normal & ok if the list doesn't sequentially written, as long as there's no typo in release date.

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:31 PM

Some users are wondering whether the game is using RAGE engine or another engine from Team Bondi . Here's where the wonder ends .

Team Bondi’s L.A. Noire is one of the most ambitious Rockstar titles to date, featuring a massive open world and a groundbreaking animation system. It’s also one of the first Rockstar titles in some time that doesn’t use Rockstar’s RAGE engine, rather Team Bondi’s proprietary engine. Today, we unveil a few more L.A. Noire screens that weren’t featured in our cover story. The new images show cops preparing to storm a building, investigating a crime scene, and cruising the streets of 1940s Los Angeles, Check the L.A. Noire homepage for more extra content in the coming weeks. From what we’ve seen this is one of the most exciting upcoming games of 2010.

Source

SLRMC93
  • SLRMC93

legends don't die, they get wasted

• Members

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:03 AM

I was sad when I didn't see this at E3 but I cant wait to see gameplay footage

batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:02 AM

RAGE is ok, but Euphoria is a must!

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE (batik89 @ Jul 28 2010, 04:02)
RAGE is ok, but Euphoria is a must!

I don't think Euphoria is going to be used in L.A Noire since RAGE isn't the main engine of the game . It took a lot of time and a lot of budget for Rockstar to combine Euphoria with RAGE in order to form one development environment for creating all the upcoming games from Rockstar's studios . Euphoria works within RAGE as a middle-ware animations engine . So , I can conclude that Team Bondi might not have the enough budget to buy Euphoria let alone that it will take a lot of time to combine it with their own engine . I think they are going to use their own animations engine or an engine from a third party , with a big focus on the revolutionary facial animations system .

I hope the team at Team Bondi can focus on every aspect of the game to make it as the most ultimate game as possible rather than focusing only on the facial animations aspect . I have a great belief in them to create something that feels really like what we get used to see from Rockstar .

GritEngine
  • GritEngine

I♥R*N

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:51 PM

I'm sure they will use Euphoria. They have spent enough time to do it. It's not a rage-only thing, and it's a plugin-and-go kind of animation system iirc.

batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:26 PM

@FiS!!HeR: Take-Two/Rockstar funded this project, and Team Bondi had spent a lot of money for it. So basically, money won't be a big deal for them. It's a good move if they want to use Euphoria as an animation engine, I think. Still, there's a hope that LA Noire will using Euphoria. Well, instead of making a speculation, I guess waiting for official update is more advisable.

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:40 PM

The question is , can Team Bondi use Euphoria engine since it was licensed for Rockstar by Natural Motion ? we don't know the terms of the license . Maybe one of the terms says that the engine can be used only in the games that are from the production of Rockstar's studios not every game that is from Rockstar publishing .

batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:06 PM Edited by batik89, 28 July 2010 - 04:09 PM.

For your information, R* wasn't the only one who used Euphoria as their animation engine. LucasArts whom developed Star Wars: The Force Unleashed also used Euphoria. NaturalMotion sells its product to every developer who want to buy it... there ain't not exclusivity.

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (batik89 @ Jul 28 2010, 16:06)
For your information, R* wasn't the only one who used Euphoria as their animation engine. LucasArts whom developed Star Wars: The Force Unleashed also used Euphoria. NaturalMotion sells its product to every developer who want to buy it... there ain't not exclusivity.

I didn't say that the engine has been licensed exclusively for Rockstar Games , and since there are no news about the engine being licensed for Team Bondi , the question that should be asked is , does Rockstar have the right to giveaway Euphoria to Team Bondi ?

The answer should come soon whenever there are new updates about the game .

batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:43 AM

Yep, that's why I said there's still a hope that LA will use Euphoria. I can't wait for the update!

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:42 AM

From Vg247 :

Team Bondi founder Brendan McNamara has said MotionScan, the tech used in L.A. Noire, helped the developer “defeated the uncanny valley”.

The tech uses 32 cameras that scan an actor in 3D along with color, motion and sound, eliminating the need for those stretchy motion capture suits.

“We think we’ve defeated the uncanny valley,” said McNamara, in the latest issue of OPM. “”This is the end of spandex I think.

“We wanted to make a detective game, and a key part of that is interrogating people. If you’re going to see if somebody is lying, you have to be able to look for little poker tells, all that stuff.”

When comparing the tech used in L.A. Noire to Quantum Dream’s Heavy Rain, McNamara said: “The characters look great [in Heavy Rain], but in the terms of believability you still have to sort of suspend your disbelief and enjoy the game.”

“This is going to be a bit of a line in the sand, compared to that.”

The latest of OPM is on sale now, and L.A. Noire is slated for release on PS3 and Xbox 360.

No date yet, but Rockstar has promised more details would be announced “in the coming weeks”.

Thanks, ConnectedConsoles

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:20 AM

they better have this game for pc.

Old_BenKenobi
  • Old_BenKenobi

Just a crazy old man.

• Members

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:01 PM

The investigation gameplay sounds cool but I wanna know more about the actual combat. I can already smell the ability to pick up a crowbar and beat someone with it.

geomy
  • geomy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:07 PM

The longer they wait to release any real news the less interested I am in this game.
How long has it been since that teaser video? 3 years?

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE (geomy @ Aug 3 2010, 22:07)
The longer they wait to release any real news the less interested I am in this game.

I think it'd be rather refreshing if they didn't market it at all, and just released it out of the blue. Would be daft, but refreshing none the less. Name one good thing that hype's ever done for you?

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (Azazel @ Aug 3 2010, 14:14)

I think it'd be rather refreshing if they didn't market it at all, and just released it out of the blue. Would be daft, but refreshing none the less. Name one good thing that hype's ever done for you?

Made me think MW2 was the second coming of Jesus monocle.gif

I was excited as sh*t, then after about a two weeks worth of gameplay the hype went away for me and I realized I was playing a mediocre piece of sh*t.

Hype sells games, and no single Producer is as good as R* is when it comes to tastefully hyping a game.

I'm hoping to see some sort of sweet Viral campaign for this, like random painted buildings showing up and such. (like they did with IV if I remember right)

Tyler
  • Tyler

bubblingbubblingbubbling

• NATO
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (The-King @ Aug 3 2010, 20:26)
QUOTE (Azazel @ Aug 3 2010, 14:14)

Made me think MW2 was the second coming of Jesus monocle.gif

I was excited as sh*t, then after about a two weeks worth of gameplay the hype went away for me and I realized I was playing a mediocre piece of sh*t.

Hype sells games, and no single Producer is as good as R* is when it comes to tastefully hyping a game.

I'm hoping to see some sort of sweet Viral campaign for this, like random painted buildings showing up and such. (like they did with IV if I remember right)

Red Dead Redemption had the highest selling promotion campaign in the entire history of gaming.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (Unoriginal44 @ Aug 3 2010, 22:29)
Red Dead Redemption had the highest selling promotion campaign in the entire history of gaming.

It does help when the game you're promoting actually has something to back all that effort up, though. Red Dead was brilliant.

geomy
  • geomy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:44 PM

From the trickles of info we seem to get about this every few months or so, this is stacking up to be f*cking brilliant. The new mo-cap and the stacks of dialogue are intriguing, but we haven't had any glimpse - be it video, stills, or even concept art for years (plural). I understand they are working on various other projects, and they don't want to downplay any of their current games, but something would be nice.
And don't get me started on the lack of info for Agent.

batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 August 2010 - 04:38 PM

We must a little bit patience for this game info. Oh man, I really want to be a detective guy cool.gif

Phone Number
  • Phone Number

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:00 PM

I love noir and getting to be a detective and solving crimes in an open world is going to enjoyable. I think we all can trust Rockstar on this. Also they're never known to release news about a game or even have interviews. All they do is release a trailer or two then sell the game. Never any developer interviews or gameplay videos all over the place. Never in the spotlight.

I'll be taking this one over Mafia 2, and apparently this game is going to be released November 1st?

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (Phone Number @ Aug 23 2010, 19:00)
I love noir and getting to be a detective and solving crimes in an open world is going to enjoyable. I think we all can trust Rockstar on this. Also they're never known to release news about a game or even have interviews. All they do is release a trailer or two then sell the game. Never any developer interviews or gameplay videos all over the place. Never in the spotlight.

I'll be taking this one over Mafia 2, and apparently this game is going to be released November 1st?

It seems that you were living in a cave , friend . About 4 months ago , Game Informer magazine published the first information on the game , detailing the game's revolutionary facial animations system alongside other interesting information . A demo was shown to them , which was also shown to other magazines . If you really have missed all these information , I would recommend reading everything about it in RockstarBase through the following link :

Click Here

daniel_law
  • daniel_law

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 August 2010 - 09:55 AM

Some good games coming out, but this tops my list of games to get.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users