Photo

L.A. Noire

2,671 replies to this topic
a2kball
  • a2kball

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:05 AM

Here are some mini details about LA Noire.

http://ps3.ign.com/a.../1067305p1.html

Its not a shoot em up GTA style game as it is more based on detective work and solving crimes. You can rise up through different detective desks (traffic all the way up to homicide) A crime scene is a crime scene where no objects stand out to show you a clue, you have to have a keen eye. The interview system is cool. There is gun play which thank god there is cause it makes 10 times better.

lookin to be a good one boys

Chinatown Wars
  • Chinatown Wars

<3 Chris

• Members

Posted 07 February 2010 - 07:07 AM

Now announced from IGN for 360 (YAY)

batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 February 2010 - 08:00 AM

I'm really really looking forward for this game! Can't wait to become a detective in ol timey era.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 07 February 2010 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE (a2kball @ Feb 7 2010, 06:05)

Its not a shoot em up GTA style game as it is more based on detective work and solving crimes. You can rise up through different detective desks (traffic all the way up to homicide) A crime scene is a crime scene where no objects stand out to show you a clue, you have to have a keen eye. The interview system is cool. There is gun play which thank god there is cause it makes 10 times better.

lookin to be a good one boys

Yes! God bless you for posting this.
This is the game I've been waiting for, let me tell you. I hope you can try and solve celebrity crimes. Like when Fatty Arbuckle raped that woman with a broken bottle.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 07 February 2010 - 08:34 AM

Things get a little more interesting in regards to the interview system. Team Bondi is using revolutionary technology that could change the way games are made. The new facial motion capturing system sets actors alone in a giant room with cameras all around. In full make-up, the actor delivers their dialogue. Every facial moment is recorded, from the most exaggerate of motions to the slightest twitch of an eye. The dialogue is recorded at this time as well, creating a seamless scene. All of this is then translated into a 3D game landscape with no animators needed. The result? According to GI, it's a picture-perfect rendering of the actor's scene. That's important to the gameplay.

Why the f*ck aren't more people doing this? Seems like a no-brainer.

When you interview someone, you'll need to watch their face and determine if they're lying. Like Mass Effect, your dialogue choices come from a handful of general options: coax, accuse or force. The way you handle an interview or interrogation is greatly determined by the reactions you get from the suspect. You can also refute testimony by selecting clues from your notebook.

I hope we can get a little rough with 'em if you catch my drift.

batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 February 2010 - 08:40 AM

Too bad GI didn't reveal the combat gameplay. But all the features that they said was amazing.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 February 2010 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE (Don Garcia @ Feb 7 2010, 03:34)

Things get a little more interesting in regards to the interview system. Team Bondi is using revolutionary technology that could change the way games are made. The new facial motion capturing system sets actors alone in a giant room with cameras all around. In full make-up, the actor delivers their dialogue. Every facial moment is recorded, from the most exaggerate of motions to the slightest twitch of an eye. The dialogue is recorded at this time as well, creating a seamless scene. All of this is then translated into a 3D game landscape with no animators needed. The result? According to GI, it's a picture-perfect rendering of the actor's scene. That's important to the gameplay.

Why the f*ck aren't more people doing this? Seems like a no-brainer.

I dunno', I'm stuck on HL2's system, Alyx's facial expressions still blow my mind every time I see them.

oc student
  • oc student

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 February 2010 - 07:31 AM

Source is getting old and plus, most companies say these things and they end up being fail. CryEngine ftw.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:08 AM

QUOTE (oc student @ Feb 8 2010, 02:31)
Source is getting old and plus, most companies say these things and they end up being fail. CryEngine ftw.

Doesn't change how awesome it is, the walking animations may have been off, but the facial expressions and hand movement still gives me shivers. Alyx's smile still feels genuine whenever I see it.

Source isn't really that outdated, considering how good recent Source games have looked, L4D2 being a prime example. But this is a discussion for another topic and I'll leave it at this.

Of course, so this post isn't completely off topic: here's to hoping this goes multiplatform.

damian001
  • damian001

Vice City fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:27 PM

Excited about the 360 release. Hopefully Agent will see a multi-platform release as well. smile.gif

Console exclusives do more harm than good. It really put a strain and started a war between us two.

ioN
  • ioN

derp

• Members

Posted 08 February 2010 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (damian001 @ Feb 8 2010, 11:27)
Excited about the 360 release. Hopefully Agent will see a multi-platform release as well. smile.gif

Console exclusives do more harm than good. It really put a strain and started a war between us two.

Agent, unfortunately(for you that is) is PS3 exclusive. Ben Feder said it's because the only thing they got from M$ was a big, fat wad of cash, which was only a fraction of GTA IV's sales anyway. But with Sony they are getting direct support from Sony. Also if we see this image anywhere on the boxart Agent is never leaving the PS3 as it was funded by Sony.

Also Ben Feder said this in an interview about Agent.

Ben Feder, president of Rockstar parent Take-Two Interactive, has piped up about why Agent, announced at Sony's E3 2009 press conference, is a PlayStation 3 exclusive.

"The trade-offs a publisher will typically make is, if you're platform-agnostic, you get a larger installed base", Feder said. "You're platform exclusive when you get the right kind of support from first parties."

You've got to wonder, of course, what kind of support Rockstar's getting. It might just be PR and marketing, but the kind of support Take-Two got from Microsoft for the Xbox 360-exclusive GTA IV DLC involved a big fat wad of cash.

"At this phase in the cycle, when you're trying to launch a new franchise, exclusivity can really help you launch the franchise. It can give you the kind of platform that you need to start exclusive, start in the right kind of way with the right kind of partner. Exclusivity does work", Feder went on.

Agent is being overseen by the Housers, founding fathers of Rockstar. Development is being handled by Rockstar North, the studio behind GTA IV.

http://news.spong.co...s-PS3-Exclusive

Any way back on-topic. According to Geoff Keighley LA Noire will be released by september.

We always assumed that Geoff Keighley's ability to secrete world exclusives only applied video games, but his power/curse seems to extend even to magazines about video games. Keighley says he got an early look at Game Informer's recently teased piece on Rockstar's L.A. Noire and let slip via his Twitter feed that the game is apparently slated to arrive in September.

According to legend, Keighley is often able to see pieces like this even before the electrical impulse makes its way from the "typing synapse" of the brain to the writer's fingers. That's our accurate, scientific way of saying we haven't seen the piece for ourselves yet, so we're going on Keighley's word at the moment. We know, we know, we dislike trusting a guy who misspells "Jeff" too.

http://www.joystiq.c...this-september/

Now just because we have no info doesn't mean there's no chance in hell it's getting released this year. The same can be said with Agent. We wont be getting any info until GDC. If not then E3 no doubt. But Agent has been in production since 2003(maybe even earlier) so there is no way they would need to delay a game that has been in development longer then FF13.

batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:34 PM

Woohoo this September! I hope Agent will release along with this game too. I'll buy PS3 just for Agent biggrin.gif

foohy
  • foohy

New username. Member since 11/30/'07.

• Members

Posted 09 February 2010 - 12:07 AM

Just got my copy of GameInformer today. Graphics look great! Cars look a little better than GTAIV's but there doesn't look to be much variety. One picture shows an intersection with 6-7 cars and they are all just different colors of one truck and one car. I hope this doesn't turn out like The Godfather on the PS2 and only have, like, 5 vehicles in the game.

Ptikobj
  • Ptikobj

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2010 - 12:15 AM

Well, It should go REAL multiplatform. Not just PS3 and XBOX. I want a PC version GOD DAMNIT confused.gif

batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 February 2010 - 07:13 AM

QUOTE (foohy @ Feb 9 2010, 00:07)
Just got my copy of GameInformer today. Graphics look great! Cars look a little better than GTAIV's but there doesn't look to be much variety. One picture shows an intersection with 6-7 cars and they are all just different colors of one truck and one car. I hope this doesn't turn out like The Godfather on the PS2 and only have, like, 5 vehicles in the game.

Wow, glad to hear the cars more better that GTA IV. Actually I'm more happy if this game like Max Payne series... I mean without vehicles to drive. Well, I hope R* do that with Agent... focus on combat experience like Max Payne 3, Splinter Cell etc biggrin.gif
Hi foohy, would you mind to share the pics in here? smile.gif

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:04 AM

It would be nice if they choosed to release it in september.

foohy
  • foohy

• Members

Posted 09 February 2010 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (batik89 @ Feb 9 2010, 02:13)
QUOTE (foohy @ Feb 9 2010, 00:07)

Wow, glad to hear the cars more better that GTA IV. Actually I'm more happy if this game like Max Payne series... I mean without vehicles to drive. Well, I hope R* do that with Agent... focus on combat experience like Max Payne 3, Splinter Cell etc biggrin.gif
Hi foohy, would you mind to share the pics in here? smile.gif

I would but I can't. It's from a magazine and scans aren't allowed on these forums. If I can find another forum or blog that has the scans I'll post a link but that's all.

And, to update what I said, the picture of the intersection had 15 vehicles. They were just different colors of a truck and car though. The taxis are just the cars in the intersection pic but with taxi color and decals. I also noticed some kind of boxy truck with square windows. I'll try to find pics on wikipedia to show what cars are in but I don't know much about pre-1960s cars so it might be tough finding them.

Marco_GTA
  • Marco_GTA

Punk-ass Bitch

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:42 PM

It looks like it will be coming this fall, http://twitter.com/R...atus/8835775557
I've been looking forward to this game for ages and definately will be getting as soon as it comes out.

SeraphimSoldier
  • SeraphimSoldier

Punishing Criminals

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 02:15 PM

Not sure if this has been posted, but here it is: http://www.gameguru....l-life-murders/

The N. Bellic Man
  • The N. Bellic Man

Crazy Idiot

• Members

Posted 11 February 2010 - 02:31 AM

This really sounds an interesting game. I look forward to being a detective in the golden era of film noir. biggrin.gif

foohy
  • foohy

• Members

Posted 11 February 2010 - 03:29 AM

I was reading the article in GameInformer and it talks about one investigation. You report to the scene of a car that is splattered with blood. You walk around the scene looking for evidence (which isn't glowing/marked/etc.) and find a piece of pipe covered in blood. You also find a paper in the car that tells the name of the owner and receipt with an unknown name for the buying of a pig.

You go to the home of the car owner and find his wife. She tells you that her husband's gone missing and you ask her about the name on the pig receipt (which you would not be able to do if you had not found the receipt). You also notice a section of pipe missing from the wall-heater (again, wouldn't be an option had you not found the pipe at the scene). You then find two beds in the master bedroom and a framed picture. You remove the picture from the frame and notice that it's signed "Love [woman's name]". The woman is not the victim's wife. You go back downstairs and ask the wife some questions about her husbands disappearance. She seems to be telling the truth until you ask about the picture note and separate beds. She gets defensive and you accuse her of murder her husband out of anger due to his cheating. (Not an option had you not found the picture note and beds) She is surprised and pissed and obviously not a murder. She clams up and refuses to talk to you anymore.

You go to talk to the pig buyer and he seems nervous. You accuse him of the murder and he gets scared and eventually admits that he and the Husband (friends) bought the pig, killed it, and splattered the blood on the car and pipe to stage his disappearance. The husband is revealed to be hiding out there. He faked his death to get away from his wife so he could be with his lover.

---

LOTS of options!! That is just one of the many ways you could solve the case depending on what evidence you found and what you said to the suspects/witnesses. Had you said the right things and had the right evidence you maybe could have gotten the true story from the wife instead of the friend. Or there may have been evidence that you didn't find that could lead to you finding the friend without the wife's help.

So LOTS of detail in this game! And that's only a small case. Homicide cases probably have much more evidence and possible outcomes.

This game sounds amazing and reading about that once case made me go from being mildly interested to full-on hyped for this game!!

batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:32 AM

For those who want to see the scans, click here !! A very different taste from other Rockstar's crafts... no wonder biggrin.gif
Good job Team Bondi! cookie.gif

SeraphimSoldier
  • SeraphimSoldier

Punishing Criminals

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 February 2010 - 03:11 PM

Looks nice.

foohy
  • foohy

• Members

Posted 11 February 2010 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (batik89 @ Feb 11 2010, 05:32)
For those who want to see the scans, click here !! A very different taste from other Rockstar's crafts... no wonder biggrin.gif
Good job Team Bondi! cookie.gif

Awesome! Those were the scans I was talking about earlier but couldn't find on the internet. See? Roughly 20 cars shown in the pictures but they are all just color variations of 4 models. I'm getting a little worried about that.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:07 PM

Where are the actually words to go with those scan images?

Anyway, for any Mad Men fans, its f*cking Cosgrove! Ken Cosgrove is the main character, haha, likeness and all. That is just insanely awesome. His actual name is Aaron Staton, but he's Cosgrove to me. This game has taken on a whole new level of interest. Love Staton on the show so this is real cool.

I'm also digging the rank progression from beat cop to detective. I'm hoping for a lengthy storyline. And the images of Phelps brandishing the machine gun looks tense.

jackrobsonlongford
  • jackrobsonlongford

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 February 2010 - 05:59 PM

Here are the scans for the whole article. Very interesting stuff. alien.gif

http://www.gamegrep....=1&newsid=29933

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:21 PM

It seems it will be better than anyone ever imagined.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:00 PM

I dunno, it looks pretty bland. confused.gif

foohy
  • foohy

• Members

Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Feb 14 2010, 18:00)

Read the scans. It walks you through a case. Solving cases sounds really flexible and interesting.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE (foohy @ Feb 14 2010, 23:12)
QUOTE (papanesta @ Feb 14 2010, 18:00)

Read the scans. It walks you through a case. Solving cases sounds really flexible and interesting.

I meant the visuals!

Other than the detailed characters it looks... plain.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users