» «
Photo

L.A. Noire

2,671 replies to this topic
ldee
  • ldee

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:57 PM Edited by ldee, 20 July 2010 - 08:00 PM.

user posted image

Official Website: http://www.rockstargames.com/lanoire/

Rockstar Games is pleased to announce a partnership with Team Bondi Pty Ltd to publish the ground-breaking next generation crime thriller L.A. Noire. Developed by Team Bondi, a new Australian based studio founded by Brendan McNamara, of The Getaway, L.A Noire is an interactive detective story set in the classic noir period of the late 1940's.

L.A. Noire blends action, detection and complex storytelling and draws players into an open-ended challenge to solve a series of gruesome murders. Set in a perfectly recreated Los Angeles before freeways, with a post-war backdrop of corruption, drugs and jazz, L.A. Noire will truly blend cinema and gaming.

Basic Information, from Wikipedia:

Platform(s): PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
Genre(s): Mystery
Mode(s): Sandbox
Release date(s): August - October 2010

Let me also point out that it's to be, according, again, to the wiki page, yet another Rockstar Games Sandbox-style game.

So taking 1940s, Los Angeles, R*'s excellence into account, knock yourselves out into discussion.

I am wondering if we could expect the exceptional quality of GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption, and how the physical recreation of Los Angeles can be. Anyway, I'd rather not dwell into much detail. I just hope this will be just as, if not, more amazing than what R* has already blown us away with this generation. sigh.gif

Cheers, and let's also hope that the alleged August to October release date is realised!

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:09 PM Edited by II J0SePh X II, 22 July 2009 - 04:26 PM.

Shirley there`s already a thread for this.

EDIT: But here`s my thoughts so far tho:

Firstly, no movie maker of the 40s and 50s said, "Hey, lets make a filme noire". Secondly, what`s with all the brown. And until we see the icons at the bottom of the official site, saying which platforms it will be on, nobody outside R* and Team Bondi knows what platforms it will be on.

There`s been much speculation this will be R*`s PS3 exclusive, but since Agent was announced, that`s died off

ldee
  • ldee

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (II J0SePh X II @ Jul 22 2009, 16:09)

QUOTE (Board Message)

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, the administrator has taken the search engine offline for the moment. Please try again later

Even if there is such a topic it's not on the first 2 pages so it has probably turned stale.

No serious harm starting a fresh one, I hope.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (ldee @ Jul 22 2009, 16:20)
QUOTE (II J0SePh X II @ Jul 22 2009, 16:09)

QUOTE (Board Message)

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, the administrator has taken the search engine offline for the moment. Please try again later

Even if there is such a topic it's not on the first 2 pages so it has probably turned stale.

No serious harm starting a fresh one, I hope.

Sorry, forgot the search has been down for some time. edited my post tho.

geomy
  • geomy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:03 AM

Major bump, but the first real news of any progress on the game in a while.
Seems R* is casting voice actors to record Nov 2009 thru Jan 2010.

http://www.thatvideo...voice-la-noire/

agincourtsalute
  • agincourtsalute

Anglo-Celtic

• Members

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:43 AM

Well R* did say in a recent Q&A that "L.A. Noire was coming along splendidly" I doubt that statement is entirely factual, what with the lack of real info about the title. I'll be more willing to believe that "L.A. Noire" is coming along splendidly" if we had a new trailer and at least a few screenshots. R* haven't released anything like that for years.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:24 AM

I'm just hoping this is on 360 and PC, otherwise there's no way in hell I'll get to play it.

It has and still does look like an awesome game. I love the 40s vibe and 40s LA is pretty much unexplored territory when it comes to games.

agincourtsalute
  • agincourtsalute

Anglo-Celtic

• Members

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:15 AM

Well its now supposed to be a PS3 and 360 release.

Another indication of problems with the game since as it was originally touted as a PS3 exclusive.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:22 AM

Casting networks have taken down the "Strong Actors Required" page with all the character names on it. Did find out on joystiq that you`ll be playing as Cole Phelps, and that there`s a jazz singer called Elsa Lichtmann.

http://xcastonline.c...ils-leaked.html

In addition to now knowing that the main character in Noire is named Cole Phelps, we're informed of co-stars Roy Earle and Rusty Galloway, as well as 11 others; numerous detectives including William Ward and Tilden; Captains Gordon Leary and Lachlan McKelty; a number of female, Asian and Hispanic supporting roles, and more.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:45 AM

I'm just glad this is no longer exclusive to the PS3. Now I can take interest again.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:46 AM

QUOTE (agincourtsalute @ Oct 27 2009, 00:15)

Another indication of problems with the game since as it was originally touted as a PS3 exclusive.

I'm pretty sure that was just an assumption on the part of fans since R* announced a PS3 exclusive several years ago and LA Noire seemed to be the only real viable option to fill that void.

agincourtsalute
  • agincourtsalute

Anglo-Celtic

• Members

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:15 AM

QUOTE (The-King @ Oct 27 2009, 06:46)
QUOTE (agincourtsalute @ Oct 27 2009, 00:15)

I'm pretty sure that was just an assumption on the part of fans since R* announced a PS3 exclusive several years ago and LA Noire seemed to be the only real viable option to fill that void.

You could be right but I think it was official, but I don't know for sure. I thought that it was no longer exclusive because sony withdrew support for it for it to be.

Roastyleg
  • Roastyleg

ITzA RoAsTyleG

• Members

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:59 AM

I just hope it turns out different from all the sandbox style games, we really need a game set in the 1940s, so hopefully this and mafia 2.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:16 PM Edited by Slamman, 27 October 2009 - 12:18 PM.

I wanna game set in period with James Stewert likeness. I miss that guy! He rocked

Rockstar Games, by the way.... Rockstar North.
It's a toss up for me if the PS3 game will be better or more interesting then this one (Agent)

Yeah, if you followed this game here, this very forum, it was to be PS3 exclusive, Agent was announced after we knew this was shuffled around and decided to be for both systems

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:33 PM

Finally, the game is going along.

chris
  • chris

Everton FC

• The Connection

Posted 28 October 2009 - 06:30 PM

I hope it has a similar physics engine as IV, i would love to run people down in a Dussenberg smile.gif

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:25 PM

Funny, I don't see any whining for it ceasing to be a PS3 exclusive...

chris
  • chris

Everton FC

• The Connection

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (fullmetal @ Oct 28 2009, 19:25)

Its about time us 360 + PS3 fans lived together in peace, I HAVE A DREAM!

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (Ěchris @ Oct 28 2009, 22:52)
QUOTE (fullmetal @ Oct 28 2009, 19:25)

Its about time us 360 + PS3 fans lived together in peace, I HAVE A DREAM!

PC will still wage a losing war against your alliance though sad.gif
Well, hope never dies. And I hope they release it on PC as well.

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:14 PM

Can someone fetch a source regarding L.A. Noire's availability on the 360? Not that I care whether it's an exclusive or not, I just haven't seen that anywhere.

Punk-in-Drublic
  • Punk-in-Drublic

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:04 AM

This looks fantastic, I seriously hope this will be available for the 360. The trailer has been out for years, lets hope they pull through with it.

agincourtsalute
  • agincourtsalute

Anglo-Celtic

• Members

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:52 AM

L.A. Noire no longer PS3 exclusive

Thats a IGN article about it although on their website the 360 version is only down as rumoured, but I don't think it has been denied by R*,Team Bondi, or Sony.

1ManArmy
  • 1ManArmy

Pirate

• Members

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:33 AM

No offense, but I really wish this will be a big hit and stays as a PS3 exclusive. Why? No, not to hurt the 360 players, but to just f*cking f*ck Microsoft. I hate them so f*cking much. My dad works with them and even he says that other than giving him business, Microsoft is a really dishonest company.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:41 AM

And Sony is so much more honest, what about Mac, I'm sure they're an honest company with legitimate business practices. Every big corporation is dirty as f*ck, some just hide it better than others. Besides, by your logic they might as well not release the game at all, I mean f*ck the fans, let's base our opinions on the companies that make the peripherals that allow us to play the game in the first place. Hell, why even drink water, the water treatment facility that cleaned it might have killed a kitten so we shouldn't support them because they're dishonest; lying and saying it wasn't their fault when we know full well that isn't the case.

1ManArmy
  • 1ManArmy

Pirate

• Members

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:06 AM

Well, it's a dirty game I guess, so they just have to compete, but Sony is treating the ps3 owners like crap, to be honest. More and more game companies are preferring the 360 to the ps3 because Sony doesn't give a f*ck. Microsoft is gonna f*cking own everything. Jesus, they already got TBOGT and Sony didn't do sh*t.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:11 AM

So you were saying that the game shouldn't come to the 360 because Microsoft practices dirty business when you, without any hesitation, admit that Sony is more or less f*cking over it's entire fanbase with their current business practices. How can you have the audacity to actually treat Microsoft like the villain when in reality Sony, at this point, are acting far worse in regards to their treatment of their customers.

And to stay on topic, has there been any screenshots released, I remember a Trailer a couple years ago, but that's it.

Roastyleg
  • Roastyleg

ITzA RoAsTyleG

• Members

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:17 AM

Yea that trailer is the only thing released, and probably a CGI render as it was realeased years ago and still looks f*cking awesome now, i hope it comes to all 3 platforms, they better not f*ck pc gamers over like so many company's do.

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (agincourtsalute @ Oct 29 2009, 04:52)
L.A. Noire no longer PS3 exclusive

Thats a IGN article about it although on their website the 360 version is only down as rumoured, but I don't think it has been denied by R*,Team Bondi, or Sony.

Thank you.

I really hope that this game pulls through, fast. I did not remember being so hyped about a game that wasn't a GTA, but all the waiting made me lost all interest.

Darkshade12
  • Darkshade12

The Trooper.

• Members

Posted 01 November 2009 - 01:09 PM

Cool, I really do hope it comes on the 360 it will be epic!

The N. Bellic Man
  • The N. Bellic Man

Crazy Idiot

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (The-King @ Oct 29 2009, 06:41)
Hell, why even drink water, the water treatment facility that cleaned it might have killed a kitten so we shouldn't support them because they're dishonest

That's funny lol.gif
But yes it is a great news that L.A. Noire isn't a PS3 exclusive anymore.
I really dig that 40's film noire atmosphere.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users