Air/Ground War III

2,208 replies to this topic
J4ADM
  • J4ADM

Noob Driver

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2009 - 06:24 PM

Chris if you catch this, you just need to sign in at the said ps3 with your account details and your friends/messages will be there!!

See you guys at 8 smile.gif

Guns N R0se
  • Guns N R0se

King of the Mountain

• Members

Posted 26 July 2009 - 07:33 PM

I couldn't come because my brother stole the xbox and wouldn't let me use it. Sorry guys.

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Not The Nicest Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2009 - 07:38 PM

THE MEAT GRINDER, I love it. Interesting tactis the Pilots took today, hovering ridiculously high then swooping down VERY low and VERY hard for the slightest amount of time. It really limited our ability to get off good shots but the GT's still managed to do damn well, considering.

deejay, I was fortunate enough to be viewing the chopper when you sniped the pilot out of it, amazing shot man.

The lag was crazy, I've never seen so many direct hits that didn't take a chopper out, in both games.

I had direct views on at least 4 of them and had a couple "how did I not get them" moments myself but the best was in Bohan, squatting right next to arsonizt, johnwontscore right above us, I see arsonizt lay 3 RPG rounds from less that 10 feet at the chopper and john was still alive for the 4th round.

Really like that Bohan spot, that was an intense match. My only qualm with Bohan is the time it takes for them to get new choppers. Maybe, one day, a third team could consist of somebody in a maverick there simply to ferry pilots to new choppers? Regardless, very nice spot considering it doesn't seem like you'd have much cover.

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2009 - 08:35 PM Edited by ChristopherD, 26 July 2009 - 08:49 PM.

<----------is VERY curious how the 360 Matches worked out today...

@ Johnws: I am MORE t5han willing to give your ideas a try! Here are a cpl things I can think of to factor in:

A/S Battle: The "All GTs have their own boats" part has a fatal flaw: If you are driving a boat, you can't aim UP! We discovered this yesterday (King figured that 1 1st). So it has to be at least 2 to a boat.

I would very much like to try your version of the chase! This thread has been WAY too civil lately (lol). You are right, the "Alternate Modes" need to have a competitive spirit to them. Even if it isn't necesarrily between Air and Ground. The idea of the GTs competing against each other sounds promising.

About strict A/G Rounds: I am MORE than willing to be in the lineup to transport Pilots back to Helis. I certainly wouldn't want to be stuck doing it every round, but I bet there would be 2 or 3 other volunteers that would play the part for a single round per Match.

I really think that, now that the GTs are finding 'defendable' spots on each usable map (we still gotta find a few more), we need a "Taxi". In addition to the things you mentioned about it from the Pilots point of view, The GTs get seriously restless during the (sometimes) long luls in the action. I WISH I had had the cam running yesterday when I was friggin (literally..lmao) molested by the entire Ground Force cuz my charactor happens to be female (some of you f*ckers are sick...rofl) and there were no Helis to shoot at...lol!

What I am trying to say is that it would be bennificial to both sides to have someone ferrying Pilots back to Helis for some maps. It might actually make it fun for the "Taxi Driver" if a Pilot survives a crash near Ground 0 (G-0) and he (the Driver) is fair game if he swoops down to pick someone up!

About Gas Station: I gotta tell you that I love the idea! But, tbh, I still don't see the A/G aspect of it. Please don't get me wrong, we could probably work it into these matches, but I would rather spend the time needed to work out the Chase and A/S rounds.

I was thinking about it...and I kept thinking that you should just do your own event for it. I know you would get interest (I'd be there, for sure!), but not everyone wants to screw around with taking care of one of these threads.

But I came up with the absolutely best idea! PM MrJohn666, This idea would fit PERFECT into his LOL-o-Caust! I could see him getting into it to...

Just a thought. smile.gif

(I know this is a long post, but I got nothing else to do...lol)

NOTE: I would like to (officially) recognize SuperJude's role in this thread and these matches.

I was listening to the banter on the mic today and two things struck me.

First, the matches are not nearly the same when SJ isn't in the match! His ongoing banter spices the whole thing up!

The 2nd (and more important) thing I finally realized is that, when it comes down to it, he basically runs the matches. He steps up and announces the rules to newbies so that we have the best chance of a real match in the Trial Matches. He also keeps a cool head when some of the rest of us want to start throwing insults around (which is weird, considering how much smack he talks...lmao).

As you PSN guys know, I am not a big fan of the mic. SJs ability to get everyone on the same page has been invaluable to keeping these matches fun.

Just wanted to "Recognize"! icon14.gif icon14.gif

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Not The Nicest Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2009 - 09:19 PM

Well thank you Chris biggrin.gif

Hey, I've been at like 95% of these since we started them and I'd like to think I've had a hand in people figuring out ways to even things up a bit against pilots which seemed ridiculous to me all those months back getting pathetically pwn3d by the pilots.

Also, I'll be the first to admit I talk an ungodly amount of smack but by the same token, that's all it is and I'm the first one to admit it.

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

The Droogs, Finally real rapists on the scene.

• Members

Posted 26 July 2009 - 09:25 PM

The 360 matches were great, well, the one we had in Star junction was amazing. Didn't have so much fun in the airport, as that is the pilots playground. Then we tried Air/sea, didn't go too well.

hell, I dont care, I enjoyed the first game, I remember rocketing some mofo at one stage, it was real horrorshow.

Looking forward to the next lashing of ultra violence.

Booze
  • Booze

Boss

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • Best IV Era Videos 2009

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:48 PM

Today's matches were great! Damn, I can't remember the last time I had to laugh so hard during the playing of a video game tounge.gif

Algonquin was a blast, even though I got smashed time and time again, I had no choice but to laugh and admire the GT's every time I lost my heli (I must've went through about 7 of them haha). I forgot to set the voice chat to "team only" so I muted all of the GT's but the Captain, so we could still have some sort of tactical talk going. From what I heard from him, however, you guys seem like a good organized bunch (well, that was kind of apparent from the other matches too, but now I could hear it first hand). Good job Nitty and Soldiers! icon14.gif

After the "bitter" defeat of the Algonquin match, it felt good to take revenge at the Airport. However, I feel like this round doesn't need to be 30 minutes as you guys don't really stand a chance, as of now.

Alright, the Air/Sea round. Some of you might consider this one a failure, but to me it was a huge success! As I said, I can't remember the last time I had so much fun! Just being on a tugboat with 5-6 other guys, trying to defend it is classic! Don't know about the Air Force, but I think it was a blast for all of the Marines.

However, it definitely needs some adjusting of the rules if we're gonna make the competitive aspect work. The thing that went wrong is I didn't expect the Tug to break down that quick. For everyone that wasn't there: the Tug suddenly exploded after having fought a few minutes. It caught on fire from the assault rifle bullets. I think the second one broke down too. When I had fetched the third one, the time was up.

In my opinion, we could still make this work. First, we can shorten the route the Tug has to take. Second, we could adjust the goal for the Marines. Instead of THE Tug, get A Tug to a designated place. This means that they could also choose to take two Tugs instead of one, in case one of them breaks down. Also, when the last Tug breaks down, the Marines have to fetch another Tug and bring it to the place where the last one broke down.
During this period, the Air Force may not attack. Also, I would like to make it an official rule that the Air force may not attack from land (or other stationary objects, for that matter. ONLY from the air. Also, I should've made it more clear that you guys were allowed to use Annihilators, just not the mini guns (Air Force used Mavericks).

Anyway, thank you all SO much for playing and being cooperative and rule abiding!

YoungJoe94
  • YoungJoe94

Lt. Red Panda

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:49 PM

Okay, so the Air/Sea war didn't go well...but I got an idea from the match which I thought would be good, something like a sea vs ground war...were a tug boat full of guys have to drive around the beach/coast while ground troops shoot, rocket and snipe from the coast to stop them. colgate.gif

just wanted to throw that idea out there.

Booze
  • Booze

Boss

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 July 2009 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (YoungJoe94 @ Jul 27 2009, 00:49)
Okay, so the Air/Sea war didn't go well...but I got an idea from the match which I thought would be good, something like a sea vs ground war...were a tug boat full of guys have to drive around the beach/coast while ground troops shoot, rocket and snipe from the coast to stop them. colgate.gif

As I said, I think we can still make Air/Sea work. Sea/Shore sounds interesting but I (and I think Chris does, too) want to keep the "air" aspect in these matches.

Btw, did you get some good footage? With what I got, I think I could compile something interesting, but it would certainly rock to get some footage of other angles!

Kinko Kabuki Koshi KaPOW~!
  • Kinko Kabuki Koshi KaPOW~!

Just let you know that, you're not alone

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:49 AM

Star Junction is the only place I can get kills. sad.gif Blew Booze up with an RPG even if the RPG didn't kill him instantly, he still exploded and I got the kill. biggrin.gif

YoungJoe94
  • YoungJoe94

Lt. Red Panda

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (Booze T @ Jul 26 2009, 23:30)
QUOTE (YoungJoe94 @ Jul 27 2009, 00:49)

As I said, I think we can still make Air/Sea work. Sea/Shore sounds interesting but I (and I think Chris does, too) want to keep the "air" aspect in these matches.

Btw, did you get some good footage? With what I got, I think I could compile something interesting, but it would certainly rock to get some footage of other angles!

About that footage Booze, I just did a factory restore on my laptop, in short, everything is reset back and deleted so the footage is gone BUT, I've been having problems with my laptop that has caused the recording program to lag, making the footage I recorded speed way up with weird sound probs, basically it's unwatchable. That is why I reset my laptop.

And about the Sea/Coastal thing, yeah keep the Choppers in it...Make it a Air v Ground v Sea war lol.gif That would be crazy.

Basically, the tug wouldn't have to go anywhere, just stay near the coast while defending from the coast and air, also the Airships can shoot the coastal/ground troops devil.gif I don't mind if we don't do it, I just like creating new ideas icon14.gif

Booze
  • Booze

Boss

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (YoungJoe94 @ Jul 27 2009, 16:18)
That would be crazy.

Yes tounge.gif

I'll keep it in mind, I just want to develop this one first because I think it has potential smile.gif

Shame about the footage sad.gif

YoungJoe94
  • YoungJoe94

Lt. Red Panda

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:40 PM Edited by YoungJoe94, 27 July 2009 - 05:43 PM.

Cool, Although I think in the Air/Sea war, the pilots should be aloud 1 pilot (Annihilator) while the others shoot out of the maverick.

Just one Annihilator, any more would be too hard for the marines but 1 would even things up...cos shooting out of a maverick is quite hard, and so is piloting, when you're being shot back at.

EDIT: Do I get a medal for getting an RPG kill yesterday?

Booze
  • Booze

Boss

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:02 PM

"To even things up"? The Marines didn't stand a chance! tounge.gif
Remember, it's not about kills, it's about getting the Tug from point A to point B in time... This could also mean just swooping in, kill the driver, and get out again, just to slow things down. Also, I've found that the back of the Tug is extremely fragile, every other part can take an (seemingly) unlimited amount of bullets. So you might want to try to take the Tug itself out, which would be even more efficient than taking out the driver. We ended up having to get a new Tug twice, it was a lost cause even after the first one broke down, so no, I don't think the Air Force needs the Annihilator guns...

About the medal, if Nitty confirms it, you'll get it. I think I sent him the location to the medals as well, so you could pm him for it icon14.gif

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2009 - 05:56 PM

NEW AVATARS ADDED TO OP:

Pilots
user posted image

GTs
user posted image

smile.gif icon14.gif

YoungJoe94
  • YoungJoe94

Lt. Red Panda

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 July 2009 - 09:54 PM

hey Booze,

Is it the same locations (star junction, airport) every week? or can we do different ones...

I recommend places that are no advantages for either side (plenty of space for the pilots to fly around, yet enough cover and positions for the ground troops). Places like this are:
  • Northern Alderney
  • Acter Industrial
  • Sprunk Factory (Alderney)
  • Firefly Island (Faustin's Estate)
  • Firefly Island
They have good cover and good positions for snipers and RPGers, yet space for the pilots to fly.

BTW I wanted to bring up a major blip with the Air/Sea war that I found a big problem (as I'm sure the other guys did) when the pilot was taken down the heli was destroyed, so someone had to go all the way back up to the spawn and get it again. How about making it from the Prison tug spawn point to the party mode base. It all goes on the same coast as the helicopter. icon14.gif

Nice avatars Chris.

Booze
  • Booze

Boss

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:49 PM

The week before the last one we did two rounds, one in Alderney and one in Bohan. In both rounds the GT's got smashed, so it wasn't a particularly pleasant experience for them. Algonquin is the only place where the GT's can win at the moment, so I'm definitely gonna keep that one in. I'm axing the Airport round though, it's just pointless. The places you suggested are good. The GT's need to find good fighting positions though if they're gonna have any kind of chance, but if you ask me, a GT victory should be far from impossible.

Again, if you want to be more involved in GT tactics, you can contact Nitty Don, the GT Captain.

About the Air/Sea: that's tactical stuff that's fairly easy to find solutions for. First of all, I recommend only two gunners per helicopter, both on the right side, so the pilot is always out of harm's way. If the pilot does go down, one of the other helicopters can drop someone off at a new chopper and/or pick someone up.

I'm all for changing the route though... The one you suggested is indeed way better in that there's not one, but two heli spawns along the way. And lots of boats! Good thinking icon14.gif

GTAking33
  • GTAking33

GTA Veteran

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (YoungJoe94 @ Jul 28 2009, 21:54)
• Acter Industrial

Why the hell did we never think about that!?

Chris lets do A/G at industrial next weekend.

Guns N R0se
  • Guns N R0se

King of the Mountain

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:14 AM

Hola! Whoever (forgot who. lol) posted about the "taxi" people for the pilots, I would do it if I could make it online. I would have fun just watching from a Maverick and giving pilots rides to choppers.

(also, whoever makes the awesome avatars on the OP. Anyway you could make an Aspiring/endeavoring Pilot one? lol)

Seniorbobby
  • Seniorbobby

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:40 AM

Hey guys sorry I haven't been in the last few, personal things etc, but I hope I will be able to visit the fun again this weekend.!

P.S. Dragon246 wants to know if he can join the A/G war.

Seniorbboby
  • Seniorbboby

Air Ground War VET

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:41 AM

What the hells going on here?

deejayb1874
  • deejayb1874

Bolt Ya Radge!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:50 AM

Nice to see you bboby.

Who are you bobby? A doppelganger?

My head hurts.
mercie_blink.gif

TASO
  • TASO

BORN TO BE WILD

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:28 AM

I missed last match but looking forward for next one!! blush.gif

Christopher: One question..I saw my name on list of ground troops, but as I never played as ground warrior Im wondering if its Ok, if Ill be in Air force next time too?? dontgetit.gif I know I dont deserve to be on list of Elite pilots but I would love to cary on as pilot if its ok...because Im getting better from match to match!! tounge2.gif biggrin.gif

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE (Seniorbboby @ Jul 28 2009, 20:41)

What do you mean??? Good to have you back, though! I will also add Dragon to the GTs list (if the dude promises to start crouching...lol)

@King: Industrial it is! I am pretty sure we have played there, though.

@TASO: No prob. Will switch you to the Pilots list.

@Guns: You mean an Avatar for Non-Elite Pilots? Imo, if you are on the list in the OP, you are considered Elite. icon14.gif

QUOTE (Booze T)
I'm axing the Airport round though, it's just pointless.

I have been thinking about this for PSN, and I think that the PSN GTs are ready to go BACK to the Airport...what do you guys think?

YoungJoe94
  • YoungJoe94

Lt. Red Panda

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:20 PM

Acter Industrial would be very good...It will be harder for the Pilots to find us than actually kill us, with all the smoke at big grey buildings.

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2009 - 03:09 PM

Hey Joe...your Medal looks like sh*t! You should complain to the management! lol blush.gif

I knew there was one I screwed up w/the transparency. I will let you know when it is fixed so you can get the good one.

YoungJoe94
  • YoungJoe94

Lt. Red Panda

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 July 2009 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (ChristopherD @ Jul 29 2009, 15:09)
Hey Joe...your Medal looks like sh*t! You should complain to the management! lol blush.gif

I knew there was one I screwed up w/the transparency. I will let you know when it is fixed so you can get the good one.

That's cool, tell me when it's fixed smile.gif

But don't worry, even without it, everyone knows I'm the best cool.gif

Guns N R0se
  • Guns N R0se

King of the Mountain

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (ChristopherD @ Jul 29 2009, 14:03)
QUOTE (Seniorbboby @ Jul 28 2009, 20:41)

What do you mean??? Good to have you back, though! I will also add Dragon to the GTs list (if the dude promises to start crouching...lol)

@King: Industrial it is! I am pretty sure we have played there, though.

@TASO: No prob. Will switch you to the Pilots list.

@Guns: You mean an Avatar for Non-Elite Pilots? Imo, if you are on the list in the OP, you are considered Elite. icon14.gif

QUOTE (Booze T)
I'm axing the Airport round though, it's just pointless.

I have been thinking about this for PSN, and I think that the PSN GTs are ready to go BACK to the Airport...what do you guys think?

I'm on the list as a Ground Troop. I'm a poor pilot though, but I'm trying to become a much better one. lol

Seniorbboby
  • Seniorbboby

Air Ground War VET

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:59 PM

I mean my two accounts...lol.

TASO
  • TASO

BORN TO BE WILD

• Members

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:41 AM

Thanks Cristopher!! biggrin.gif