Air/Ground War III

2,206 replies to this topic
SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Lifelong fan of the number "42"

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:59 PM

One HUGE and handy tip for the GT's: this is a war of attrition. You may not be able to get a shot off at the pilot but there is always helping out by firing on the chopper itself. As I've stated many times, sure you might not get the kill but a pilot who flies off to get health is one less pilot shooting at you for that duration.

In fact, as I tend to do well with the RPG and the M4, I tend to use the sniper more as a destructive weapon because it does MAJOR damage. I love when like 5 of us have snipers, chopper flies through, we set it on fire in 10 seconds or less.

You might not be able to hit the chopper directly with an RPG but I've certainly done damage firing on the building NEXT to where the chopper is instead of missing altogether.

Most of all, NEVER LOSE YOUR COOL. Hell I've watched GT's avoid gunfire by simply running TOWARDS the chopper.

The more the Xbox crowd plays together, the more natural it all becomes. We've played enough of these on PS3 that we all just sort of know what to do, at least in the Elite matches.

If there is a sniper and it's me or Owl getting it, Owl can have it. Ditto RPG's with deejay or MrJohn, who tend to be the best at RPG's. Even the places we plant ourselves, there is just this unspoken knowledge of what's expected and it's AWESOME when it works that way.

Of course, there are the REST of the matches which decend into clusterf*cks, but those are amusing as well.

Really nice to really, actually, finally have a reason to talk to the Xbox crowd here!

Be truly awesome if the PC crew could get some of these going as well.

Booze
  • Booze

Backlashing with a bullet full of love

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (YoungJoe94 @ Jul 22 2009, 15:34)
So, will we be meeting this Sunday?

I'll bring my capture card wink.gif

Yes! And yes please bring it! I want to make an intro video and it'd be cool to have footage from both sides icon14.gif

dj.arsonizt
  • dj.arsonizt

There Is No Spoon!

• Members

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:02 PM

lol i thought the same sh*t as GTAking.. thought someone made a bullsh*t account and killed the thread. Nice job on the new one though!

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:10 PM Edited by Booze T, 14 October 2011 - 10:45 AM.

My official apologies to anyone I gave a heart attack sigh.gif

The Owl
  • The Owl

Captain of the Sniper team.

• Members

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE (Booze T @ Jul 22 2009, 17:10)
My official apologies to anyone I gave a hard attack sigh.gif

A hard attack? Giving out blue pills huh?

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:51 PM Edited by ChristopherD, 22 July 2009 - 05:54 PM.

Edits have been made to the OP and the PSN post. If there are still any names mispelled or missing off the Elite Match List, please let me know and I will get them up.

Also, if anyone thinks of something that should be covered that is not, let me know. I would like to come up with some specific rules for the Chase Round and Air/Sea Battle to post in the PSN Post.

So I am opening up discussion on how we should run these two modes.

Here is the latest ideas for each:

Chase Round: I like the idea of teaming Pilots with GTs. With this mode, we can have multiple teams (w 1 Pilot and 2 GTs as a team, we can have up to five teams). The objective of the round would be for your team to make it through all the checkpoints and to the last checkpoint first; that team wins. Strategy can be used in a cpl ways: Pilots could either go after apponents, or stick with their team as protection; Players on the ground can try to kill each other on route to a checkpoint; etc.

This way, battles waged AT checkpoints would be EPIC! This wouldn't really br an A/G War, but who cares!

A/G War at Sea: I think it is pointless to do this with Annihilators. Like bates said, with the amount of room for circling, it would be a slaughter and we would spend more time retrieving new boats than actually playing.

I like the idea presented by Booze of NOT using Annihilators and using other heli's instead. I also think it should be another 'mixed' match (not Pilots vs. GTs).

I am also open to other mode ideas as well.

Let's figure these out! icon14.gif

((and I ALWAYS Attack Hard! devil.gif if not that accurate bored.gif ))

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Lifelong fan of the number "42"

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:36 PM

Sea attack would be awesome with Mavericks and tailgunners vs speed boats with gunners. Also, boats have the advantage of stopping and firing off RPG rounds.

I'd much rather be a pilot or tailgunner for such a mode...

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (SuperJude™ @ Jul 22 2009, 14:36)
Sea attack would be awesome with Mavericks and tailgunners vs speed boats with gunners.

YES I agree!

Owl: LOL

Nice to see the new thread up. Wonder how PC division will work out.

YoungJoe94
  • YoungJoe94

Lt. Red Panda

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:37 PM

Sea Attack sounds cool, as long as you are using Maves, it should be alot-o fun icon14.gif

If we are doing it, I want to be boat...I fancy being on a boat for long periods of time with no women, just men...lots of Seamen, seamen and swallows, or a sperm whale ph34r.gif

GTAking33
  • GTAking33

GTA Veteran

• Angels of Death MC
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2009 - 12:35 AM

LMFAO Joe good one. lol.gif icon14.gif

now that the A/S war is starting to shape up im starting to like it. smile.gif seamen FTW!

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 23 July 2009 - 04:07 AM

OMG YES finally! I've always wanted to do this Air vs. Sea war! Thanks so much for agreeing on this. I can not wait to ride shotgun on a Squalo or Coastguard armed with the M4!

Today, we fight like men!

cutcho
  • cutcho

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 July 2009 - 07:18 AM

XBL - NEW GROUND TROOP "REPORTING IN."

gamertag: cutcho85

Allpilotsmustdie, already have you added as a friend... can't wait to f*ck some sh*t up devil.gif

New event thread looks great guys!!! very neat. colgate.gif

catch ya crew suicidal.gif

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:45 AM

I just noticed you're from Australia, Cutcho. Damn that would make the time of the match like 5 am for you or something cry.gif

YoungJoe94
  • YoungJoe94

Lt. Red Panda

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (MC_320 @ Jul 23 2009, 04:07)
OMG YES finally! I've always wanted to do this Air vs. Sea war! Thanks so much for agreeing on this. I can not wait to ride shotgun on a Squalo or Coastguard armed with the M4!

Yes, but, what boats will be being used? cos a Squalo or Jetmax would be good as 4 guys could sit down and shoot but easy enough targets for the chopper, while a fishing boat like a reefer would be good, hard to stay on without falling off but has a little area were you could go into to get cover while reloading.

Just throwing some ideas out there icon14.gif

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:25 AM

I don't think the guys in the boat will be that much of an easier target than the guys in the helicopter... Especially the pilot, as he can't fire back.

MrJohn666
  • MrJohn666

citizen erased

• Members

Posted 23 July 2009 - 12:23 PM

Ass war?
mercie_blink.gif

I'm away this weekend me laddies, but I shall return en force the weekend after.

Bates_GTA
  • Bates_GTA

Twitter - @ChristianBates_

• Members

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (YoungJoe94 @ Jul 23 2009, 11:02)
QUOTE (MC_320 @ Jul 23 2009, 04:07)

Yes, but, what boats will be being used? cos a Squalo or Jetmax would be good as 4 guys could sit down and shoot but easy enough targets for the chopper, while a fishing boat like a reefer would be good, hard to stay on without falling off but has a little area were you could go into to get cover while reloading.

Just throwing some ideas out there icon14.gif

Thats what i was hoping for, could be more lolz that way aswel.

Lellep
  • Lellep

Griefer Griefer =)

• Members

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:20 PM

Omg, this Air vs Sea sounds awsome!!! Looking forward to try it out happy.gif

johnwontscore
  • johnwontscore

aka Dr Ripper

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:21 PM

Chris: what I was suggesting with was not that a pilot would help a pair of GTs in the chase, but that he would be allocated to them as their personal griefer if you like. The advantages of this would be that: GTs wouldn´t have to wait at safe houses for their team mates but could race on; GTs would know who to complain to if their pilot didn't play fairly; and when it came to entering safe houses, GTs would only have to get past their pilot and not the entire airforce. If helicopters worked to help a GT team, I think we would end up with a war between helicopters that would be quite detached from the ground game. If we tried to control that war to make it relevant to the ground game, it would require quite a lot of rules and would just get too complicated I think

I mentioned the Bagdad gas station because I thought we could have some fun doing that in the freemodes we keep meeting in before the games start, but their would be no role for helicopters, so maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it here.

Booze: Excellent news about Boorens. I´ll look forward to hearing about how your matches with him go.

Alex DeLarge.
  • Alex DeLarge.

Biker Droog.

• Members

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (Lellep @ Jul 23 2009, 14:20)
Omg, this Air vs Sea sounds awsome!!! Looking forward to try it out  happy.gif

Yup this I want to try out, Would be awesome if you ask me lol! cool.gif

YoungJoe94
  • YoungJoe94

Lt. Red Panda

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 July 2009 - 04:51 PM

You guys should make the Air Vs Sea Wars thing a Sub-Section or Sub-Event to this Air/Ground War. Don't have to make a new thread just put something on the list on the front page icon14.gif

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:32 PM

Absolutely, Joe! As soon as we work out the details of the two new modes, I will put a blurb about it in the OP and then put the full details in the PSN thread.

Hey Booze...I know you guys have only had a cpl matches, but it sounds like there is some 360 interest in the Air/Sea Battle.

Maybe you guys could give it a go this weekend. The PSN side will be. then we could all come back here next week and compare notes (what worked, what didn't, etc.) and come up with the rules/guidelines together to put in the opening posts.

What do you think?

@John: Yea...hadn't thought of the fact that the (arrogant) Pilots will forget all about the GTs if they have each other to f*ck with...lol

Would there be a winner? First to the last checkpoint (CP) (after going to ALL other CPs 1st) wins?

This way GTs could fight each other on there way from CP to CP as well. Although, how would a Pilot "Win"?

----------

I am really looking forward to the A/S thing too! I have seen YouTube vids of some (Tonksi's, I think) and they DO look fun! icon14.gif

YoungJoe94
  • YoungJoe94

Lt. Red Panda

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:17 PM

Oh sh*t, tonski's not in this A/G War is he? He's banned remember? tounge.gif

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (YoungJoe94 @ Jul 23 2009, 14:17)

I have never had a problem with the guy whatsoever. So, no. He is NOT banned from the PSN side matches.

He hasn't been on PSN in months though.

YoungJoe94
  • YoungJoe94

Lt. Red Panda

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (ChristopherD @ Jul 23 2009, 18:27)
QUOTE (YoungJoe94 @ Jul 23 2009, 14:17)

I have never had a problem with the guy whatsoever. So, no. He is NOT banned from the PSN side matches.

He hasn't been on PSN in months though.

I meant he's banned from the forums.

But I don't mind if he's playing aswell, just hope he doesn't go straight for me after a little, [u]incident[/d] with a couple my friends ph34r.gif

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:59 PM

lol...yea. Have heard horror stories about the guy, but never saw it manifest myself. His little teenager followers, however leave a bit to be desired.

dov3434
  • dov3434

Gooner

• D1RTY12
  • Commonwealth

Posted 23 July 2009 - 07:08 PM

I'd love to be in a Air vs Sea war, if I could actually remember when it's on blush.gif lol.gif

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2009 - 07:15 PM Edited by ChristopherD, 23 July 2009 - 07:24 PM.

QUOTE (dov3434 @ Jul 23 2009, 15:08)
I'd love to be in a Air vs Sea war, if I could actually remember when it's on blush.gif lol.gif

Next PSN Matches:

Elite Match - Saturday, July 25 - 2pm Eastern Daylight Time

Trial Match - Sunday, July 26 - 2pm Eastern Daylight Time

I believe that 2pm EDT is 6pm GMT and 7pm London Time????

Don't take my word for it though...I am mathimatically challenged! blush.gif

@dov: Haven't you played in the A/G War before? If so, you can show up for either match. If not, then you will have to play in the Trial Match first (per our rules...).

Send a friend request on PSN to AllPilotsMustDie. icon14.gif

dov3434
  • dov3434

Gooner

• D1RTY12
  • Commonwealth

Posted 23 July 2009 - 07:18 PM

I think I played in the first A/G war and after that I kept forgeting when it was on lol.gif

llCHARGERll
  • llCHARGERll

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (johnwontscore @ Jul 23 2009, 14:21)
Chris: what I was suggesting with was not that a pilot would help a pair of GTs in the chase, but that he would be allocated to them as their personal griefer if you like. The advantages of this would be that: GTs wouldn´t have to wait at safe houses for their team mates but could race on; GTs would know who to complain to if their pilot didn't play fairly; and when it came to entering safe houses, GTs would only have to get past their pilot and not the entire airforce. If helicopters worked to help a GT team, I think we would end up with a war between helicopters that would be quite detached from the ground game. If we tried to control that war to make it relevant to the ground game, it would require quite a lot of rules and would just get too complicated I think

I mentioned the Bagdad gas station because I thought we could have some fun doing that in the freemodes we keep meeting in before the games start, but their would be no role for helicopters, so maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it here.

Booze: Excellent news about Boorens. I´ll look forward to hearing about how your matches with him go.

BOORENS is in the A/G war too? wow.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users