Table of Contents:
HOW TO JOIN
SIGS, AVATARS, & BADGES
PLAYSTATION 3 BRANCH
XBOX 360 BRANCH
There are players on GTA 4 who have learned to use the Annihilator helicopter to a far greater extend than most people have. Instead of chopping other players up with the blades, they fly in first person view and shoot everything up with the guns with great accuracy. Such players are often referred to as "pilots". Fighting such an air-force is a big deal different from fighting people on foot and in cars, therefore many people don't really know what to do against these machines and get killed multiple times.
In this event, a big team of ground troops will take on a smaller team of pilots in various locations and special circumstances.
This event aims at 3 things:
1. Providing the pilots with a bigger challenge.
2. Providing non-pilots (a.k.a. "ground troops") with a chance to play as a team against the pilots.
3. Providing everyone with practice and a great time!
Do you have what it takes to dodge 5+ RPGs coming at you while flying through downtown Algonquin?
Generally, the settings for these matches will be:
|Voice Chat||Team Only|
|Respawn Time||1 second|
|Time Of Day||Random|
-The first 5 minutes is the arming period:
The arming period is used to grab armor and weapons unless you're a pilot then you grab armor and choppers.
- You may not engage until after the arming period is over.
Rules for Ground Troops:
- No camping at the helicopter spawns.
- Pilots that have crashed their helicopter, but survived, may be killed ONCE.
- When a Pilot has died, you may not attack him until he's in the air again.
Rules for pilots:
- You may not use your blades to kill. However, after being caught on fire you may perform a kamikaze attack.
- While on the ground, you may not attack Ground Troops unless it's to defend yourself.
-No collecting health packs.
-Don't not engage respawned ground troops gathering ammo and armor unless he is refilling his old ammo.
The account for this event is:
PSN: NEW_KILLER_FOX (managed by NickRad)
A special XBL account has been created for this event:
Gamertag: PilotsMustDie (managed by Kinko KaPOW)
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN RUNNING THE PC BRANCH, PLEASE CONTACT Zelos302 OR Kinko KaPOW on XBL or here in a message or in a forum post
Make sure you are online at the correct time and you will be invited to the game. If there are more than 16 people online at the time of the match, it will be FIRST ONLINE, FIRST SERVED! So get online early to guarantee your spot!
(If, at some point, we have an issue with too many people showing up and not being able to play, a second match will be hosted to be played simultaneously with the 1st match. This really has yet to become a serious issue, however.)
If you ever went up against a decent Pilot, you'll know it requires skill and strategy to best them. Here are some tips to increase your chances:
1. Pilots will be looking for isolated targets, SO STAY TOGETHER! Not so close to each other that Pilots can mow people down 2 and 3 at a time, but close enough so that you are all fighting the same Helis at all times. If you die, arm up and return to the field of battle as quickly as possible!
2. TAKE COVER! Standing in the middle of the street firing into the air is only gonna get you killed. Keep in mind that squatting makes it MUCH harder for the Pilots to see you in that it takes the dot off your head. Combining the squat with hiding in bushes and the like helps as well. Finding a tall object to circle around as you fight is also a good method.
3. WEAPONS: if you have good aim, assault rifles and sniper rifles is the weapons you'll want to use. If you have good timing, you may want to pick up a rocket launcher. Just keep in mind that assault rifles and RPGs may give away your position. You can as well try using the SMG if the pilot is close enough so you can shoot him out.
4. CROUCH, CROUCH, CROUCH!: There are very few things more important to the GTs than making sure you crouch! The Pilots use the dot above a GTs head to get a bearing on you, and when you crouch the dot disappears! Combine crouching with some good cover (especially bushes) and you are practically invisible to them! If you need to move from one place to another, time it between Heli runs or during a lul in the action. If an pilot spots you standing in the middle of the road during action, you are likely to be raped. So, don't forget! CROUCH, CROUCH, CROUCH!
Taking down a ground troop is hard if you don't know the general:
1. DODGE: That's the number one thing you gotta do. There is usually 5-6 GT's so there will be snipers, M4's and RPG's flying in the air. So never let your guard down because that will end up badly for you and your helicopter as it will probably blow up into pieces.
2. Be high up and never too close: If you stay too low and too close to your targets you are guaranteed to die. Always be on a safe distance and high enough up in the air to be alive.
3. Always move: No matter what, keep moving. Circling is one of the best things you can do. It is almost impossible to be hit if your always on the move because then no one can get a good aim at you.
And the most important thing: remember to shoot!
Several Medals have been created to be awarded to players for different achievements in these matches. They are as follows:
|M4 Murderer (GT)||Get 4 kills w/the M4|
|Sniper Specialist (GT)||Get 3 kills w/the Sniper|
|RPG Professional (GT)||Blow up 2 choppers w/the RPG|
|Ground Dominator (GT)||Get 5 kills in a single round|
|Ground Ghost (GT)||Be alive through all matches that night without a death (may take multiple matches to achieve)|
|Sick Of Birds (GT)||Reach 50 kills (overall)|
|Sky Ghost (P)||Be alive through all matches that night without a death (may take multiple matches to achieve)|
|Sky Dominator (P)||Get 15 kills in a single round|
|My Darling Chopper (P)||Get through five consecutive rounds in a single Heli (may take multiple matches to achieve)|
|Cleaned The Street (P)||Reach 100 kills (overall)|
|Not Without My Buddy (P)||Pick up 30 Pilots from the battlefield|
The following are available to anyone that wants to use them.
Edited by AllPilotsMustDie!, 09 August 2010 - 05:52 PM.