Photo

Falling Short

10 replies to this topic
mark-2007
  • mark-2007

Big Homie

• The Connection

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:13 AM

So, after spending a fair few hours following an online guide to shooting all 200 pigeons, I find myself one short! Gutted! And I'm at a loss as to which one I've missed.

Which brings me to my question: Where's the system used in Vice City Stories where, upon popping one of the red balloons or completing a stunt jump, it'd be marked on a map? It made it much easier to know where you were missing something. Why haven't Rockstar implemented it in GTA IV? Laziness?

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:47 AM

Yeah it's pretty stupid how that system was not put in GTA: IV. That really sucks though. Sorry that happened. You should had always made sure that each Pigeon you shot was the correct number. Example: You shot about 102 Pigeons and you have about 98 left. You're going for Pigeon #103 which will make the rest 97 left.

I always check the pause menu in the Brief section to see what's the number of how many Pigeons are left and when I continue the next day, I check how many Pigeons I've exterminated in the Scores part of the Stats section so I could match the next number on the guide.

steven
  • steven

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:53 AM

Yeah, it sucks that the pigeons can be so dang hard to find. But I have a nice map of Liberty City that shows all the locations of the flying rats, which makes things easier.

mark-2007
  • mark-2007

Big Homie

• The Connection

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE (MC_320 @ Jul 20 2009, 04:47)
You should had always made sure that each Pigeon you shot was the correct number. Example: You shot about 102 Pigeons and you have about 98 left. You're going for Pigeon #103 which will make the rest 97 left.

Yeah, but I'd shot a fair few before consulting a guide, so the numbers were always off.

OabAli
  • OabAli

Apesh*t

• Members

Posted 20 July 2009 - 05:45 AM Edited by OabAli, 20 July 2009 - 06:59 AM.

I've just recently become a victim of this as well. I went through the pigeon map, and just when I thought I've exterminated the last one, there's actually 3 motherf*cking pigeons still out there angry.gif suicidal.gif . Probably there was somewhere I didn't save up to a point where I exterminated 3 pigeons, IDK. I guess I have no choice, but to go through the whole f*cking map again...

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:19 AM

I find the Brady Games guide for GTA IV works a lot better than online guides as you don't have to switch to looking at a computer all the time, and the GTA IV guide also has pics. of the pigeons. I first shot them in Bohan/Dukes/Broker area, then went to Alderney, and then Algonquin (because the east side of Algonquin and Star Junction is always packed with police).

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 20 July 2009 - 07:40 AM

Cool, the GTA: IV Interactive Map also got pictures too. My computer is next to my TV anyway.

Nason
  • Nason

RACIN N420N

• Members

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:55 PM

I just set my laptop beside me on the end of the couch with the GTA interactive map opened up, and I started with the jumps, at #1 and did every one in order on that map. Also the 100% completion checklist proved to be invaluable for keeping track of what ones I found. I just look at the map, set my waypoint, complete the stunt/kill the pigeon, back to the comp to check the corresponding number off. Repeat 249 times lol

VickeX
  • VickeX

The GermanScientist

• Members

Posted 20 July 2009 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (mark-2007 @ Jul 20 2009, 03:13)
So, after spending a fair few hours following an online guide to shooting all 200 pigeons, I find myself one short! Gutted! And I'm at a loss as to which one I've missed.

Which brings me to my question: Where's the system used in Vice City Stories where, upon popping one of the red balloons or completing a stunt jump, it'd be marked on a map? It made it much easier to know where you were missing something. Why haven't Rockstar implemented it in GTA IV? Laziness?

Either, you do like i did. I found myself in the same situation. I looked through a guide with pictures of the pidgeons and tried to remember which ones i'd taken and tried to find one that didn't look to familiar. I thought. Hmm. I don't think i've been there.

First guess. And it was there. Shot it. 200 pidgeons. Achievement. Yay!

Mz. Hazey
  • Mz. Hazey

WOKE UP SCREAMIN' F THA WORLD!

• Members

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:51 PM

I found myself in a similar position. Although not pigeons stunt jumps. I missed one and I have no idea which one. It sucks and I hate the stunt jumps more than the pigeons and do not feel like doing them all over again to find which one I missed. I guess eventually I have to I'm so close to 100 percent it'd be a pity not to finish. confused.gif

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 23 July 2009 - 04:11 AM

Well, some of the stunt jumps can be a pain in the ass when you don't hit the specific spot to land and you keep doing it over 9000 times but at least there's a message that shows whether you've done the jump or not. icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users